Those Who Live (Seb)

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Re: Those Who Live (Seb)

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 am

Raika sighed softly.

"If they were just farmfolk... then why kill them?"

And yet... her shoulders had relaxed, finally hearing that wit of his again.

Brown eyes turned to the sky again, almost absent-mindedly changing the subject.

"A good drink, huh.... Doesn't sound like such a bad idea right now. Though my tolerance is horrible, I've discovered," she chuckled softly. "Want one? If it hasn't been destroyed by a battle, I remember a nice place in the forest here... or maybe the beach. Hmm...."

Brown eyes turned into the distance as she lightly spun while taking another bite of snake, taking in the different biomes all around this central field: a great forest, ice-capped mountains, volcanoes, an ocean, a desert, a swamp.... They were the only living things around aside from the plants, though.

But these plains in particular... bore the scars of battle, the land mostly healed.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:23 pm

"I could go for a drink if there is any to be had in this strange place."

His reply was absent any real feeling as he was too busy surveying his surroundings. The environment was breathtaking, but Sebokik had seen his share of nature in his time and he knew that despite the beauty, these lands were not just here to be admired. They stood for something. This was Raika's place, that much Sebokik could feel. He felt out of place, as if the shadows would not welcome. The shadows were different from the ones than the ones where he usually made him home. Sebokik wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

"Well if I'm going to be stuck here, I might as well get an explanation why, right?" Sebokik stood there, turning and still looking at the different biomes. Finally, he turned back to Raika and looked at her.

"I need to get back into the practice of training with other people. I want to see what the world has become. I think I'm going to travel a bit."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:56 pm

She waved her hand in a gesture to follow and set off for the beach in front of the ocean, eating the rest of the snake as they walked before kneeling down in the sand and rinsing her hands in the salt water.

Raika shifted her position then so that she was sitting a bit away from the waves, pulling the right sleeve of her kimono up a bit to reveal a new tattoo: an eastern dragon in silver, black, and blue spiralled around her arm in a sleeve, its head snarling near her wrist. A light touch and a bit of chakra to one of the pearls it held in its forepaws brought out a scroll in a puff of smoke, and she unrolled it, searching through the various storage seals.

"This 'world'.... It belongs to Omoi. She created it to serve either as a battleground for high-ranking battles, to prevent damage to the normal world, or as a place for training or confinement. As for the why... I doubted Nazo would lighten up at all unless I brought you somewhere secluded like this... ah, here it is."

A few seal releases and resealings later and they now had two simple cups for sake as well as two small bottles of the alcohol, the scroll stored away again.

"Just a warning.... I'll likely be drunk after just this bottle."

Nevertheless, she poured herself a cup, allowing him to pour his own, and raised it.

"To the Will of Thunder."
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Raika brought out the alcohol and Sebokik broke from his more serious demeanor with a small smile. It had been quite the while since he'd had any alcoholic beverage, not to mention one shared among friends. Raika said she was a lightweight, but Sebokik feared she might not be the only one in that category at the moment. He never could hold his alcohol as well as Supaiku or Tsuuki.

Sebokik took the cup.

"To it's humanity." Sebokik nodded his agreement and swallowed half the cup quickly. The alcohol burned his throat and brought back pleasant memories of happier times.

Sebokik then swallowed the rest of the drink, savoring the liquid fire as he drank it. He certainly had missed some of the finer pleasures of life back in the "civilized world".

"You mentioned Omoi. That is a name I do not know. How did she create this biome?"
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Raika took a sip of the cup before sighing.

"Forgetting the names of people who were practically your students.... You're a horrible teacher. Though I guess it's not your fault right now. Ryuujin Omoi, former jounin of Kumo, once a member of both BOLT and the Medical Department. After you left, she became BOLT Captain, while her beloved and partner, Otoha Nue, became BOLT Commander, taking over your former position as you'd requested to me. A user of the phasing element and its components, as well as a shapeshifter. A prodigy in medical skills who has taken to unravelling the mysteries of DNA, the substance that is the building blocks of life itself. She can heal more than I can." Raika laughed softly. "Anyway, she got into fuuinjutsu a while back. Combine that with the rest of her skills, and she made this place.... Oh. Forgot to mention, she's also a dragoness. Back when she was a genin she nearly took a chunk out of your shoulder when you pissed her off during her entrance exam into BOLT," she chuckled softly, leaning over to him and gently pulling his outer shirt off just enough to reveal his right shoulder, pointing out the scars that resembled bite marks before she straightened and took another, longer drink, draining the first cup and pouring herself another.

"She's got another one of these that she does her research in and uses for housing and storage. It's crazy how much seal-based technology she's made in there, reminds me of when Souzen was around."
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Sebokik sat there. He didn't know much about what she was saying, but it did explain the bite marks in his shoulder. He looked at the scar for a moment, as best he could while he ran his hand over the scar tissue.

"Well, I must have been a bad commander if Otoha was my second in command and he destroyed the village. Omoi might have better been a better option from what you tell me, but apparently she couldn't stop the destruction." Sebokik sighed. "I never did want much command."

Sebokik laid back and simply thought about the massive amounts of information he'd received. It was a lot to process but most of it seemed to make sense in light of the evidence presented to him by Raika.

"I'm not sure what to make of it, but it seems that the info you've told me makes sense." Sebokik sat up again and filled his cup again. He sipped it this time, enjoying the taste. "I know one thing though. I have a lot of stuff to figure out and a lot of people to find and, if you are correct, reintroduce myself to."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Raika shook her head. "Not even Omoi saw Otoha's betrayal coming, though she's told me that the signs were there when she looked back. Though... according to Omoi, his betrayal involved a dark god driving him insane, so...." She shrugged, taking another sip.

After a moment of silence, her gaze turned from the ocean to him.

"I know you like having proof, but you have lost so much trust in me along with your memories that you think I'd lie about any of the stuff I've told you?"

There was a deep sadness in her eyes....

Mentally, she knew the strong reaction to something she would normally have left alone meant the alcohol was already starting to take effect... and, as it did, she didn't particularly care, though she knew she should.

Oh well.

Raika tossed back the remaining liquid in her cup, feeling its burn on the way down, before pouring herself a third.
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 pm

"No. I don't trust you..."

His voice remained firm as he watched Raika and her reaction. He wasn't going to lie to her. He was going to tell her the truth and not hold back.

"I don't trust anyone over the judgement of my mind." Sebokik paused, contemplating something. "Especially since you told of our friendship. We were friends and then you helped further my neurosis. Eventually we fixed our problems and then I left. That doesn't seem like a good foundation for trust to build upon."

Sebokik laid back and looked at the sky, at ease and relaxed, though still glancing at Raika to see her reaction to the truth. How people reacted to it, often said a lot about who they were as a person.

Sebokik sipped his drink as he waited, enjoying the carefree environment.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 pm

She froze, the cup having nearly reached her lips... before lowering it, sad, tired brown eyes gazing up at the sky.

She felt the same loneliness now that she had back in the village that all of her comrades had left.

"I've never forgiven myself for that."

Her words were quiet, calm.

Wordlessly she poured the remains of her cup back into her bottle, retrieving the scroll from the tattoo on her arm and resealing them into it, followed by resealing the scroll into the tattoo....

This much alchohol would probably clear up soon enough; she knew her body well enough for that. She was fortunate that she hadn't drunk more.

A light hand ran through silver hair, gazing quietly at the sky for a moment as she buried her pains deep within before smiling at the man laying beside her.

"How's the sake?"

Right now... she couldn't allow herself to lean on him. And she didn't know when she would be able to once again....
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:32 pm

She didn't take it well at all.

Sebokik didn't concern himself too much with what other people thought of him. This time however, she seemed to have the wrong impression of him and that was something he couldn't watch. So he laid there, eyes now closed, basking in the sunlight as she pored the sake away into the bottle and resealed it. She seemed to have lost her taste for the alcohol now.

"If it holds any sway with you, I don't ever remember blaming you for it." Sebokik opened one eye to raise one eyebrow and stare at Raika and her rather mundane question. He shrugged and closed his eyes again. "The sake was a treat that I appreciate deeply."

Sebokik lay there for a few minutes, thinking over what he would say next. Finally he came to the conclusion that no matter what he did, Raika controlled what he would be able to do from here on out.

"Well Atlas, if you'd stop holding up the world for just a moment, would you mind telling me our next course of action?"

The mocking was gentle and admonishing. Sebokik was not quite sure what she was thinking at the moment, but he had a very educated guess from what he'd learned from his interactions with her. The past few hours had been very revealing.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 am

She chuckled dryly at that.

"Sorry. Old habit. And... you're right. You didn't."

Brown eyes turned upwards to the sky again.

"Honestly, when I brought you here, I was hoping to hear about whatever had happened and decide from there. But... what you told me doesn't tell me all that much, so dunno. I didn't have much of a plan when I came back to Raikou aside from finding out what had changed and just... living the life of a wanderer again. There's things I've been listening for, of course, but otherwise...."

She considered in silence for a long moment.

"...you wanted to see everything that had changed, right? Relearn the world? Then... we start with the village ruins and wander from town to town for a while. However... I don't want you to rely on chakra. If you're caught using any shinobi arts, we'll have... quite a few problems on our hands. And... try not to kill if it isn't necessary. Please?"

Her gaze rested on him quietly, waiting for either his assent or protest.
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 am

Sebokik thought about it for a moment.

"I'll do what I can. If you know me so well, you must know that Ninjutsu was never my card. It might make an equal scene if I dismantled a legion of samurai barehanded." Sebokik chuckled as he got up to lean back on his elbows. The grass tickled his arms and he knew that soon he would leave this place. He didn't wish it, but he knew he had to. He had to see what was going on in the outside world.

He sighed as he stood up and brushed the grass off his elbows and nice pants. He looked at Raika expectantly and then motioned to the world.

"Alright then, after you. I'm ready to see the world." Sebokik gave her his quirky, half cocked grin with one eye brown raised. "The question is, are you?"
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 am

Raika's eyes closed for a moment, feeling the breeze.

"The samurai in charge are Onigami, not normal humans. They're on par with shinobi, at the minimum, and well-organized."

Was she ready to leave again? Not particularly. But....

"If you're in such a hurry to get moving again, we might as well."

She gathered up the small bottle and cup she had given to him to use, going through the process of unsealing, sealing, and resealing once more. It was a bit of a nuisance at times, but it kept anything visibly shinobi-like hidden away safely without tattooing the entirety of her body just to keep all of her supplies handy. Anything that she might need on a daily basis was kept in her pack.

"Just so you know.... I haven't got any money handy, so if you expect to see anything outside of what we can get in the wild, we'll likely have to do some odd jobs. I'll definitely need to, at least, if I start running low on medical supplies."

She stood then, brushing off what little dirt and grass had clung to her kimono and hefted her pack onto her shoulder. Once again she retrieved the tag from an inner pocket of her kimono, channelling chakra into it to form the portal once more, putting the tag away again as she walked back through into the forest they had left.

Raika checked the remains of the fire as Seb came out of the portal behind her, the rift closing behind him. As long as the fire itself was out, she doubted leaving its remains there would hurt too much....

"Got anything stored away that you need aside from what you're carrying?"
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 am

Sebokik stepped through the portal and then gazed back at the utopia he was leaving behind for one last moment. All that potential, to be outside of his grasp. It closed and he sighed, before turning back to Raika with the hint of chagrin.

"Only my hopes and dreams. I'm ready to go." Sebokik adjusted his backpack's shoulder strap and the belt at his waist before looking at Raika again. He gave her the thumbs up to signal that he was ready.

"Oh and by the way, one samurai might equal one shinobi, but one shinobi does not equal one Seb. I'll claim neither title." Sebokik's face had sobered up and taken on a hard look while he spoke. His words and tone were grim, but the message was clear. He was not looking to choose a side, nor was he looking to provoke one. His demeanor became a little more cheerful as he looked on towards the horizon though.

"I always feel as if one should start an adventure with a song or a poem. You know, something to bring light to the times ahead."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 am

She laughed lightly despite his grimness. She had hoped for no less.

And as he mentioned a song or poem, she set down her pack, rummaged through it, and retrieved a simple wooden flute smoothed and polished with age, hefting the pack back onto her shoulder afterwards. Did her music linger in his current memories?

It didn't matter.

Wordlessly she raised the flute in preparation to play, closing her eyes and listening and remembering....

The tune was soft and slow, gaining a hopeful lilt as it went on despite the darker notes interspersed throughout, generally giving a mysterious and calming feel overall before she resolved the tune with a light flourish, brown eyes opening as she smiled at her friend, slipping the flute into an outer pocket of her pack.

"Did that work?" she chuckled softly, grinning.
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to The Lands and Cities