Those Who Live (Seb)

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Those Who Live (Seb)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

The southern forests....

How long had it been since she had last wandered amongst these familiar trees?

She kept away from the roads and small towns, preferring to wander in peace rather than potentially be approached by the Onigami. Their policy on shinobi was irritating, yet... with her skills, she could work around it. Except if someone before her would die without her eiseijutsu.... Would she still be chased, even in such an emergency? Punished for being a medical shinobi? Perhaps. It depended on who it was that approached her.

She shifted the medical pack slightly to make it more comfortable. Her outfit had changed along with the power shift... as well as various incidents in her personal life. Garbed in a black kimono with silver flower patterns on the sleeves and along the bottom of the kimono, sandals on her feet, her twin katanas sheathed and tucked into her obi-sash....

Brown eyes gazed quietly ahead between silver bangs as she paused, listening to the life of the wilderness around her... and... something being chased?

A small rabbit shot out across her path, followed by a figure that brought a small smile to her lips as he passed.

Well... what was life if not filled with the unexpected?

Raika chuckled softly before sprinting after the apparent hunter and his prey, darting with habitual stealth through the foliage to catch up with her old friend.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Those Who Live (Seb)

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 pm

There was no plan for what had come about. Such was life, that a rabbit should leap over him as he lay sleeping at the foot of a tree. He might have been covered by the shadows of the tree ye the rabbit still must have realized he was there.

It didn't matter though. It never did. He was human and that rabbit would provide energy for him to keep on going.

Sebokik had leapt up and forgone shinobi techniques and weaponry in a mad dash to catch the rabbit, which now realized it was being chased. He was moving with incredible speed but he could not simply the rabbit. The agile creature dove under roots and through holes in bushes to evade him. Hunter and prey ran and leapt and squirmed through the forest in an incredible chase.

The rabbit began to tire after the first ten seconds of the race and Sebokik realized that he could outmaneuver the rabbit. His eyes took in the environment and women as he raced over a small road leading through the forest and once again entered brush. There was a moment of shock, but that was drowned out as the rabbit took a sharp right around a tree and made a beeline for a bush. Sebokik sprinted as fast as he could and leaped, pushing off a tree to his right with both his right foot to change his trajectory. He shot right over the bush right as the rabbit came out of the bush. Sebokik grabbed the rabbit as it burst out of the bush and rolled, using his momentum to throw the creature at tree as hard as he could. He came to his feet as the creature hit the tree and lay there stunned. It tried to get up with one it's newly broken leg, but Sebokik came over and kicked it in the head.

The rabbit's life ended as it's neck snapped. Sebokik picked it up and hung it from a rope on his belt. He made to turn away and continue on his way, but the approach of the women from the road ended that course of action. He turned to greet her, his face devoid of emotion.

"Hello?"
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 pm

"What? Haven't forgotten an old friend, have you, Seb?"

Raika smiled brightly, crossing the distance between them to hug the man. He looked like he'd been out in the wilderness for a while, but... she kind of expected it after how he'd left. Releasing him after a moment, a gentle hand ruffled his hair.

"How's life in the shadows been, eh? Hopefully a lot more peaceful than life in the light."

She chuckled a bit at them, burying away her tiredness for the moment; it had been a long time since they had seen each other, and so much had happened to her since then... simply being able to relax in his presence reminded her of old times, when the world was a little less insane.
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Sebokik's face clouded with confusion.

"Forgotten an old friend...Zen? No, that can't be it. Zen was a great man and your a women. You must be...hmmm...who could you be?"

He pondered this as she released him, though he did return the hug. It was the first contact he'd had in months and he wanted to remember it. He didn't remember much of the past five years of his life. He looked at her with intrigue, staring openly. The tattoos were intriguing, though he hadn't seen a women dressed like this before. Not that he could remember.

He needed to remember.

"I think I remember you. Your the women who likes dragons. Your...your the medic." Sebokik turned away as he thought, pacing back and forth. Eventually he turned back and looked at her with the quizzical look still on his face.

"Your name is Raika. Your a friend. Your from Kumo. You don't belong here." Sebokik blinked away the wetness in his eye, the tear that had formed in his golden eyes. It had been a while since anything had brought up any of his past.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm

There was a silent ache in her heart at her friend's state and words.

"If I don't belong here... then where do I belong, I wonder?" she said softly, a tired smile on her lips as she gently took his hands in hers and pulled him down to sit across from her in the grass, keeping her gentle grip on his hands.

"Nearly forgotten by a brother-of-heart... that's kinda depressing."

Despite her words, she laughed.
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Her words ripped into him and he felt pain not of the physical kind. This was not a pain he was used to or comfortable with. It made him squirm as he sat there next to her. His golden eyes gazed at Raika as he searched for the right words to make her realize the situtation.

"He remembers who you are. Your not forgotten, just repressed. He remembers little of what he did or who he knew over the past five years. He only knows what he is capable of."

The eyes blinked and became blue again.

"Raika. I remember. How could I forget?" Sebokik shook his head. "Why are you here? How have you found me?"
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Brown eyes quietly studied now-blue eyes, pondering. Gold had been... the secondary personality, and then had been taken on in that last transformation before he left.

Repressed memories....

"Honestly... I found you entirely by chance. As for why I'm here...."

She quieted, frowning slightly as she gazed at their hands.

"...it doesn't really matter right now. How's your mind?"

Brown eyes met blue again with a tired, gentle smile.
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 am

She glanced at their hands before gracing him with a smile. Behind the smile though, he saw a hint of exhaustion. There was something off about her though. Her answers were honest, but elusive.

"My mind is the same as calm as always." Sebokik continued looking at her with his open curiosity. "It seems that chance or fate or whatever has placed us together again. Unless you are by chance stalking me."

He grinned to show he was joking and mockingly looked over his shoulder as if to check for others. In reality, he was checking the sun's location to see the time of day. It was late noon, but Sebokik decided not to comment on it. The shadows lay shorter than usual and made him feel uncomfortable exposed. Sebokik closed his eyes and took a deep breath as the wind passed through the woods, rustling the trees and shifting the shadows around. Sebokik opened his eyes and looked Raika straight in the eye.

"I don't know why, but I feel as if there is something you're not telling me. What's happened to you?"
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 am

Raika raised an eyebrow at his words, wondering whether she should comment on his earlier state... before his next sentence made her sigh.

"Far too much... where should I even begin...?"

A dry smile curved her lips as she studied their hands again.

"I suppose I can sum it up in a few sentences, really."

Brown rose to meet blue again as she trembled faintly.

"I saved a tortured man's life, fell in love with him. Saw my home and many lives get destroyed. And then was tortured by my love due to his mental instability making him think I was his torturer rather than myself. Haven't seen him since then. Oh. Also found out that this country doesn't want shinobi anymore. Rediculous, isn't it?"

She laughed a hollow laugh.
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 am

Those words brought unwanted pain to his chest. The kind of pain one feels for a friend or a sibling.

Sebokik's gaze intensified as he listened to her summarize her painful experiences. She was a tough women, but she had been to hell and back more than most people. Sebokik couldn't begin to imagine being in the situation she was in. It seemed almost too terrible for words. Her last statement however, gave him pause.

"So this country that we're in. Umm...Kumo is it? Sorry, I've lost track of geographical and political boundries. So it doesn't welcome shinobi anymore does it? That is an unfortunate circumstance, as I was planning to make my home in these woods shortly. I don't know. I might not now."

Sebokik sighed and withdrew his hands, as the shadows writhed around him much like the though whirled through his heads, before they coalesced into a single shadow on the ground behind him.

"Where do you live now, if not in Kumo?"
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 am

"Kumo was the village, Seb. The country is Raikou," she chastised gently.

"Kumo... the village... it was destroyed. If you come across Otoha... escape if you can. He's not the man you used to know anymore." Raika sighed. "We rescued as many as we could, and I hear they've since either gone into hiding, retired, or gone into exile.... The samurai want us all to either retire or go into exile. I, of course, intend to do neither, but I don't plan on openly showcasing my abilities, anyway, if I can help it. As for where I live... I guess I'm back to wandering for now. I can't handle finding the hidden group and supporting them right now.... Besides... I imagine it's time for newer generations to finally take over."

Raika leaned back for a moment, stretching her arms above her head.

"As long as you act more like a hermit than a shinobi and don't let your identity be known, I think you should be fine. If the samurai find you out... well, I doubt they'd catch you if you were paying attention."
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Sebokik's gaze seemed to wander as she said samurai. He heard what she was saying, but as his brain processed that information, his mind's eye was stuck on something else. Sebokik had fought samurai before, as he encountered their army and legions of followers. They were a rigid and cruel, but honorable lot. Unfortunately, they also hated shinobi for much the same reasons Sebokik and other shinobi hated them.Neither side could seem to accept the other side's view and lifestyle.

War's were never fought by two sides who did not absolutely believe they were right.

Battles and old wounds played across his the plains of his mind as Sebokik answered Raika.

"I never made the distinction between Kumo and Raikou. I never cared to. But now I see how it might apply." Sebokik shook his eye, emptying his mind of the endless sea of blood that stained his hands and blades. He looked back at Raika and put his arm around her shoulder in a friendly manner.

"Its been time for a younger generation to take over for far too long. It just seems like the world does not want us to leave quite yet. Upheaval has become almost commonplace." Sebokik looked at Raika. "You know I don't live like hermit for no reason. I always have a reason."

Sebokik withdrew his arm and stood up. "You of all people should know why I left Kumo in a time long past after the Samurai War. I would not stand idly by if samurai openly threatened me or anyone I am with. You know what would happen if they did." Sebokik brushed the dust off his already dirty pants and shirt. "People don't change Raika. They just become more of who they already are."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Raika sighed softly.

"The samurai as a whole aren't evil, Seb. They just want to protect the citizens... and us, the shinobi.... We've lost too much to be able to right now, either way."

She rose, brushing off her kimono, gazing at the material for a long moment before running a hand through her silver hair.

"Seb... would you mind if I stayed with you for a while? I'm not sure if I'm ready to be alone again just yet."
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am

Sebokik considered her for a long moment.

"The world has changed, where Raika's gentle heart extends to Samurai."

Sebokik turned to gain his bearing and attempt to find where he was. He had a general idea that he was in the Southeast of Raikou, but it seemed more likely, considering the sun's location, that he had wandered in the Southwest direction instead. That did not bode well for him.

"Well I have no other company but my thoughts. It would be fine if you did come along for a while. I have no quota or time table so to speak."

Sebokik turned east and adjusted his shoes for the long walk ahead before straightening up and motioning for Raika to follow.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:18 am

Raika snorted softly.

"There was an Onigami squad stationed in Kumo.... Their Captain was an odd one, but he was an alright guy. Though he overdid it from time to time... and I've fought alongside and healed samurai, as well. It was only a few of them, but... we treated each other with mutual respect. The samurai war is long past, caused by a corrupted leader.... Can you blame them for following orders? And can you really hold a grudge against all samurai... when Fei's and Tsuuki's wives were samurai themselves? Or maybe it was just Tsuuki's wife, I rarely saw Gina...."

Brown eyes turned upwards to study the glimpses of the sky as she followed her old friend, reminiscing.

"It's a pity I couldn't meet more of them when I could do so openly. Maybe they wouldn't have been so quick to pass judgement on shinobi... though, from an outside view, we probably did look dangerous."
Raika

Next

Return to The Lands and Cities