Silver Lining [ Open ]

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Re: Silver Lining [ Open ]

PostPosted by Love » Tue May 07, 2013 10:49 pm

When the tether snapped Edo fell with it, though only after his opponent. His backhand swished the air where the man's neck as been, and the motion of his body through the failed strike turned him so that as he fell his front as aligned with the path the wire had trailed down before snapping. Edo was posed to fall almost directly on top of his enemy. It might have been a good opportunity to attack, and that might have been his reaction were it not for the surprise from the fall to being with as he had not been expecting to loose altitude in an instance. He'd have to summon out more weapons, but the samurai would be able to see that tact a mile of way by now as it seemed to be the bespectacled man's only MO.

Instead, Edo pulled a different weapon from his arsenal, one he hadn't revealed yet, though was as simple as pulling his hands together in a single sign as the pair of combatants fell. Practically overtop each other, it was not only their physical bodies that were about to overlap, but also their shadows on the ground. His chakra channeled into the ambiguous black to cause the form to dart the short distance to that of his opponent to attempt to ensnare the samurai in the Shadow Possession Technique.

Spoiler:
Name: Kage Mane no Jutsu | Shadow Imitation Technique
Range: Close-Mid Range (0-10m) + the surface area of each additional shadow
Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity: Kagton | Shadow
Clan: Nara
Description: This is the main technique taught to the members of the Nara Clan. This technique utilizes a single hand-sign in order to perform. By forming and maintaining the "Rat" sign, the users’ shadow will extend outward, it’s path controlled by the chakra of the user. While the user may extend his shadow out into almost any shape or direction the goal of this technique is to make contact with the opponent’s shadow, attaching itself to shadow of the target, or targets. Once a connection is made between the users’ and the opponent’s shadow, the target will be forced to replicate and mirror the user’s movements, forcing the target to make any movement the user makes. When under the effects of this technique the victim’s body will usually shake from attempting to resist the technique, though only a individual with a large store of chakra can even attempt to force the connection between the shadows apart. This is an extremely versatile technique, and given enough talent, the users’ shadow can be used to ensnare multiple targets, the shadow itself breaking into several branches of the original in order to form several connections between multiple targets. However, this technique is costly to the user, and extended or multiple uses of it can leave the user drained. Not only does maintaining the advancing shadow consume chakra, but there is a constant drain of chakra in just holding the opponent in the imitation of this attacking. If the user does not have the necessary chakra to maintain this technique the shadow will recede back into a normal shadow. The attack range of this technique can be extended by utilizing other shadows in the area to connect their own shadow to that of the target. In these cases, the surface area of each added shadow is added to the maximum range of this technique. However, the user is only able to manipulate the shape of their own shadow, and not that of the shadows he uses to extend the range of his own shadow.
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am

Almost instantly, this man felt something wrong. His normally limber and nimble body felt stiff, rigid, heavy, like he was being constricted and tied by rope, and yet there was no object touching him, no foerce being applied, just him, gravity, and his opponent, whose hands were together.

"[badword]!"

His cursing was rather abrupt and loud as his body hit the ground roughly with a thud, dirtying up his kimono undoubtedly, but also, more likely, putting him in some sort of negative predicament he could only hope to find his way out of.

Careless careless careless
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Love » Sat May 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Edo landed as his opponents movements started to mirror those of his own, the classic skill of his clan in full effect as a bond forged by shadow connected the two combatants. "Kage Mane no Jutsu, complete! [Shadow Imitation Technique] The snicker was followed by the flick of his thumb against his nose, a move is opponent was made to mirror, though only after Edo opened his palm wide enough to cause the katana in the other mans hand to drop.

"You're just full of surprises, but as you can tell I've got a few of my own." Edo said as he paced in a circle to the side, his opponent following the movements as he was guided to where one of the many weapons he had thrown during his strike from above. However, before picking any up he turned to face his opponent face-to-face once more. "None like yours though. I went into this thinking you samurai were all slash and stab. I won't be making that mistake with the next one I cross. As for you?" His hand formed another hand-sign to activate Kage Kubi Shibari no Jutsu [Shadow Neck Bind Technique] Three hands of shadow rose out of the black mass below the kimonoed man's feet. They swirled around his body being able to be felt with force was they gripped and bond the man further, two wrapped around each arm to feel like a coiled, constricting snake along with hands firmly holding down the arms at the wrist. The third was wrapped around the torso, held at chest level as it crept a little closer to the neck the technique was originally designed to suffocate.

Edo leaned down and picked up a throwing sickle. While his opponent's body was shaky, the shadow hands actually prevented a mimic of the retrieval. Holding the weapon primed to throw, there was little chance the weapon technician could miss at this distance with an immobilized opponent. "I don't honestly like resorting to moves like this. Without a wealth of chakra they leave me drained, but, as you can see, it never takes long for it to be over. One throw and this goes straight through your heart." He reared his arm back with weapon posed to be sent forth. "It's information I'm after. I won't waste time on stuff like Decay, doubt you'd know anyway. Instead, there's just one thing I want to know before finishing this..."

"What's your name, samurai?"
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 pm

The cold slithering of death was his friend, it was his ally, and more than anything it was his brother.It walked with him wherever he went, and was always a step behind him, in any situation. So funny it was that he finally got to see him, the spectre of death, but their visitation would be short lived.

As the shadowy hands crept up his body, restraining both his torso and arms, and the shadow bind held him even more in place, the true nature of who he was, or rather what he was, it started to take hold.

"It's information I'm after. I won't waste time on stuff like Decay, doubt you'd know anyway. Instead, there's just one thing I want to know before finishing this..."

"What's your name, samurai?"

Even with the majority of his body paralyzed, he shifted his face into a curt little smile.

"My name.... I don't think you've quite earned that yet, but for now, you can call me Ghost."

As he said it, his hands dropped a small circular ball, white, gently scribbled with writing. It tumbled behind him for just a moment before revealing its true nature, the kanji for light beginning to shine brightly. Only a split second after it hit the ground the ball exploded, showering the area with light, enough to blast away the Nara's shadow, sending it right back to him.

Normally this entire movement would have been impossible, especially seeing as he was twice bound by the Nara's technique, but indeed it happened. This was due to the fact that, be it luck or not, as Edo had walked the samurai around the battlefield, he had crossed one of the trees that had been masked by this man's genjutsu some time ago. At that moment, the connection was broken through his original shadow bind, and the samurai had time to retrieve this special tool.

As the light faded, only the smoldering remains of the paper lantern remained, "Ghost" having faded into nothing.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Love » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Flash bombs didn't actually destroy shadows, they directed them. For Edo, when the blast went off his shadow was stretched and forced behind him as is body obscured the light, thought it only took a second for the flash to sever the tether between the two men as it forced the shadow in the opposite direction as his opponent. More confounding than that, however, was the shadow cast by the hidden tree, which became visible to the dense Nara, the trick of the unknown genjutsu being done away with coming out of the blinding light.

Confused for more than a moment, the confounded Nara whipped away his shock much quicker than his calculating mind would suggest as he reestablished the cool exterior he liked to wear, a thumb flicking under his nose as he smirked at the crafty escape. "If that's the way it's played," He said tossing the sickle straight in the air with the blade doing spins before him. "Then I guess I'm Shade!" He announced to the audience of unconscious bandits, his hand snapping out to catch the stunting blade as it reached face level on its descent. The nickname devised on sight was an obvious one, not just for his abilities but the eyewear overtop his determined eyes.

In all honesty, he didn't expect a rematch. Once his weapons were recollected, he'd be getting out of this crazy country to chase after other leads. The political instability in the former Cloud territory would have chased away his prey by now, so it looked like the trail he picked up in the Water Country had gone cold. However, deep down Edo hoped to cross paths with the crafty samurai again. He longed for fights, and never said no to a challenge.

[END]
Poison on your lips
Love

Previous

Return to The Lands and Cities