Mods/Bijuu/Village Stuff

Do you have a question on the system? Do you have an idea to make it better? Post here! Good ideas come from everywhere, don't be shy.

Re: Mods/Bijuu/Village Stuff

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Haikyogakure lost all steam when canons were removed, since I was doing most of my part of the village/organization with Kisame. If or when canons are brought back, I might give it another crack with however may want to assist.

So, what's the big issues that we should tackle at this very moment? Here's what I've seemed to have gathered, please add and discuss or really whatever:

Creation stuff can be left as is for the time being. At this point we don't much about "official approvals".

Village maintenance seems to be a thing that we all still care about. With so few of us around, how can improve on that? Or better yet, can we reel back others that have gone on hiatus to help with village stuff?

We need some sort of spark to get things exciting. Unlock canons, give away the Bijuu that are being inactive, try and form some sort of aggressive force (be it an organization or a whole village) for site-wide plot activity. I like Raiza's suggestion of spirit/clan flexibility. If official approval isn't that important, people can make Bijuu-level spirits for their characters. I just think there's nice formality about getting the Bijuu out.

We should also keep respectful of each other, keep talkative, and hash things out like we have been here.

How does that sound?

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Anbu » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:41 pm

As far as villages me and Isuzu are working on something for kasai. And I know knyves is taking something to the wandering lands.
Anbu

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 pm

raiza wrote:The creation system no longer serves a purpose and as such, does not require the election of new mods. The site has transitioned away from the "Arms Race" mentality that plagued here for years to a more friendly, character driven plots that completely ignore petty things such as villages or rank and things of that nature. If anything, I believe we should take this one step further and abolish most of the existing rules that are in place. They are some, but not limited to:

-Unlocking Uchiha.
    -Bring back canon characters.
    -Eliminate the entire specialty thing.
    -Allow more flexibility to clans and spirits.

Furthermore, this can somewhat be applied to the current state of villages. Regardless of who takes over, the same thing will occur. Activity will peak for a brief moment and will disappear soon after. Leaving the villages as is [except perhaps making village rank ups follow the Wanderer format] is the best bet. This allows those who prefer the hustle and bustle of village life to continue to truck on without consequence, yet gives an opportunity to further progress if they so desire.

Edit: Unless somethign changed, I believe most of the admins are still around, doing their Skype rp or whatever. I don't hang out in vent myself so i am unable to confirm, but even so, I don't believe it would be too terribly difficult to have them take care of a few admin-y thing or give someone active the power to do so.

Speak for yourself, the only thing I want to do is kill every character on the site. Unless that counts, then [badword].
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:04 am

On the note of canons, take a step back and look at what NC has become. Do the canons actually have any place now? We've moved so far from the canon plot that I don't see much point in them unless they become true customs, much like several were already becoming in the hands of those who held onto them long enough.

And Sas is still around on Vent pretty much every day, at least.

(Oddy, join Vent! We have cookies! (And fun times when people talk. (And plot times. (And people. Usually.))))
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 am

I agree with Raika on the cannon part. I feel that if people had a cannon they should have been allowed to make an equally ranked character to continue said plots with. I dont know whether that was the case or not, but it seems like the reasonable way to have dealt with that. I think the appeal of canon is that they already have their behavior established so making plots to fit the people was a bit easier, plus everyone wants that official feeling, and what's more eofficial than having a topic with someone from the show.

I dont know if bringing back cannons would make a difference, but I think if you really want your canon back, just do it. I'd rp with them.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tolkien » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Hanya wrote:I agree with Raika on the cannon part. I feel that if people had a cannon they should have been allowed to make an equally ranked character to continue said plots with. I dont know whether that was the case or not, but it seems like the reasonable way to have dealt with that. I think the appeal of canon is that they already have their behavior established so making plots to fit the people was a bit easier, plus everyone wants that official feeling, and what's more eofficial than having a topic with someone from the show.

I dont know if bringing back cannons would make a difference, but I think if you really want your canon back, just do it. I'd rp with them.

Would not be the big difference maker like you said, but yes it would help. I had Zetsu and was fairly active with him untill all this canon banning was added.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

The canon idea was just something to think about. Removing them, I think, was pushing site plot stuff in a good direction, removing any ties to the "real" Naruto universe. I'm pretty sure everyone who wanted it was able to make a rank transfer due to their old canon characters.

Thanks, Raika. Haha.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by raiza » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:04 pm

No. Removing canons was a complete load of bullshit.

What should've been done was stricter regulation of them and not handing them out willy nilly as they were done. Oddy had Kakashi and Kisame, Tolkien had Zetsu among others who had their niche character and they were forcibly taken away because of abuse of others.

And don't get me started on this "lol we moved away from canon plot" thing people keep referring to. It's nothing more than an excuse to cover the real problem which was people abusing them.
DEATH PA-N-DA
GO TO HELL!!
(DIVINE PUNISHMENT)
THE DEATH PANDA HELL
IS THIS AN ILLUSION?
(MAYBE NOT)
QUENCH MY THIRST WITH BLOOD
(CATCH ME)
*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*
C-COULD THIS BE MY....!!
BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!!
LA-LA-LA-LA
raiza
Bathed in the Blood of a Billion Galaxies

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Never really saw the appeal of canon characters myself...what with playing characters we didn't even make and all, but I do get that some people like it and considering we have S-ranks that make even Hashirama look like a bitch, I don't see the problem in having them around.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Tolkien » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Ryuuchi wrote:Never really saw the appeal of canon characters myself...what with playing characters we didn't even make and all, but I do get that some people like it and considering we have S-ranks that make even Hashirama look like a bitch, I don't see the problem in having them around.

Well for me in my case with Zetsu, I had a lot of room to play with concerning the character. He was very mysterious at the time (still is) and great potential for story with what I had going.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Physalis |0083| » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Unless you are talking about sometime 6 years ago, then I don't see why you would think they were removed because of abuse. They were removed for about two reasons. The main one being just what Raika stated, [what is for some reason being called bullshit] they don't fit in with where we wanted to take the site. Everyone as a collective had these wild ideas for stories they wanted to share, and as it stood you had to traverse a maze in order to make your character/ story fit into the Canon history of the series. Removing the Canons takes that maze and gives the users that power to create the paths, instead of having to follow the ones already given.
I'd rather have a site that doesn't have to change the rules every week because of what came out in the latest manga.
The second reason, is a more minor one. And that was the annoyance of constant PLEADING from people wanting a certain canon. That same person making worlds of promises of not abusing the character, and using them for massive plots involving everyone. Then they drop the character the next week, because they just weren't into it as much as they thought. THEN the next month they are back to pleading once again, saying they were wrong, apologizing fifty times, and going on and on about how much stuff they will get involved with.

..Then they drop the character again a week later.
With that second point made, it only slaps down one of your examples. Not to target him or anything, since no one here will deny the awesomeness behind his Rping of Kisame and Kakashi. However he did constantly drop the characters in that fashion alot.

So as you have read, they were taken down out of convenance for not only the story, but for the staff as well.

Now I know, there is going to be this ripping apart of what I have said on your part. But before you do that, think about this. If you are that up in arms about this, then maybe it's time to take a step back. Cause if you have this much aggression to throw out at things, especially on such minor changes that made really little to no impact on anything. Then it's time for an extended break. Because I don't think a single person that commons this site daily, should give two shits about the rules and regulations. They should care solely on the RPs.

Spoiler:
BECAUSE
I'M HAPPY

Tsuuki wrote:I took the Fluoxetine, not for the wounds but so I won't give a shit when I sneak past the person trapped in the car.

Since Youtube has so deemed it to be a travesty to host this video on it's site. I give you this link to enjoy this beautiful piece of artwork.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82733824/
http://gifsound.com/?gif=replygif.net/i ... CLoZ2Q&s=3
Physalis |0083|
▷0083◁
▷0083◁

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Rip it all to shreds! Make sure nothing Phy ever writes makes sense ever again! Blah!

No but after reading Phy's post I find myself agreeing with him (I know right!?). Plus thinking about it, you can still use the rule-free section if you want to play canon characters.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Physalis |0083| wrote:However he did constantly drop the characters in that fashion alot.

I did. Especially on the old site. Kisame seemed to be the only thing that stuck, and that was after countless attempts of other canons and even reapplying for the guy. Even though getting canons was cool and everything, I think it's far better to build up your own characters and play them. 'Cause that's why I like the ones I have now. That's all I wanted to say, I guess.

So, should we follow this same path with Bijuu? I know we sort of pulled them from their canon realm, but, they seem to get dropped and pushed around a lot. Just wondering if there was a rising verdict for this.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm

The Four-Tails will always be off limits...it belongs to Ireland and I don't want Spike's IRA on our ass.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by raiza » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm

You expect way too much out of me. In fact, for the most part, I am inclined to agree with you, but my issue boils down to a single thing: We have rules and regulations that no longer serve a purpose. Currently, we exist in a community where RP and story > everything else which perfectly fine. I personally like this way more than what we had previously. But I believe that there are some who continue to abide by these 'rules' when quite honestly, they should not be. At the very least, I think we make the 'unofficial' policies official and to do that would mean to abolish most of the things we have in place. It would clarify things for returning users since we do not have fresh blood coming in at least to my knowledge.

Canons are a minor crux, but in the long run, they mean nothing. I have my own opinion on the matter and perhaps I'm slightly biased due to the fact that MY story that I worked so damn hard for was [badword] over due to some idiotic technicality. Who knows~

In the end, I think we, for the most part, are sorta kinda referencing the same thing albeit in different ways.

And yes, I understand we have a rules-free section for all things not ruley, but with way people conduct their business currently, it might as well apply for the entire board.

-shrug-
DEATH PA-N-DA
GO TO HELL!!
(DIVINE PUNISHMENT)
THE DEATH PANDA HELL
IS THIS AN ILLUSION?
(MAYBE NOT)
QUENCH MY THIRST WITH BLOOD
(CATCH ME)
*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*
C-COULD THIS BE MY....!!
BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!!