Mods/Bijuu/Village Stuff

Do you have a question on the system? Do you have an idea to make it better? Post here! Good ideas come from everywhere, don't be shy.

Mods/Bijuu/Village Stuff

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I thought maybe it was a good time to just put up a thread so we can all generally talk about stuff. Since it's no secret that the site's activity is diminishing.

What's the deal with creation mods? I don't go on vent or anything, so I don't know if it's been sort of discussed there or if people know what's going on. Just wondering if they're still around or if we should talk about electing new ones? Honestly, the work load wouldn't be that great anymore. I think people like the idea of their stuff feeling "official". I wouldn't mind trying out a system where people just throw stuff up and they use it, approved or not.

And, who still has active Bijuu characters? I know some people still talk about them, and I think they'd be an interesting plot mechanic. Especially if people want to go that route and if they would use them actively. I feel like it would be a nice reward for people who are still around and RP and want to make a story or try a village event or something. (I'd also like my fuuinjutsu character, Kurado, to have something to do...)

Village stuff... uh... I don't know. Again, no secret that there's no much going on. I guess I'm just wondering if people had any ideas on what to do with villages now. Not that we should get rid of them or elect new mods or try to be more active in them, I mean.

And for the rest of you that are just lurking, you should come play with us!

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Mods/Bijuu/Village Stuff

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:34 pm

I agree with the whole new mod thing, or trying something else out. Frankly, there aren't enough "trusted" people around still rp'ing, and in the past, thats what mod elections have really come down to. I have no idea who around would still be up to fill the positions though, but maybe a post asking for volunteers would work.

As far as bijuu, I'm sure quite a few people have lost their's based on the inactivity rule, or at least should, though I dont know if we even still have that rule since it was for canons. I know my biggest issue with them is that even though they are giant beasts of raw awesome power, the regular rules still apply to the characters with them. I mean yes I understand about fairness and equality and all that, but when you have something that is inherently unfair, well.... its already that.

Lastly....
The villages are doing what they've always done. As long as we have wanderers people wont be confined to their villages and will just leave to rp wherever they want.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Art » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Mod: Modding is work.... whats the point of making things 'official' if never do 'official' things?

likewise from what i noticed in the past is how new mods are chosen is not always the most effective way.

Biijuu: Honestly im not sure what exactly the right answer is. In the past people made profiles and 'won'... now people entered the deadly dice contest and 'won'... the results are the same for both.... how do we fix that?

Villages: I really had alot to say about this one... most of it is passive aggressive. However the biggest problem i see is that every village is that every village is the same sugar cookie with differnt colored frosting.

Village1- We are good guys: We are in forest!
Village2- We are good guys: We are in snow!
Village3- We are good guys: We are in sand!

Every village is almost too well rounded for their own good, likewise their no benifit from choosing one place over another....

Gah gotta go i will finish this later today :B
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Kumo isn't like that. We have samurai running the place now. And kasai is still kicking barley
Anbu

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:08 pm

I guess just to keep things rolling and talking, what of these things here are actually an "issue"?

Is the whole mod thing an issue? For now at least, is it a good idea to just let people put up whatever they want and it's all set? If people do anything crazy, we just don't have to rp with them, I guess.

I wouldn't say the topic of Bijuus is an issue, but, I think it would be nice if we could give them out in some orderly manner once it's decided which people definitely aren't using them.

Villages, what here is an issue? The four villages that were "demoted" a while back is just more wanderer space, but the others still up are kind of just lax, I'd say. Besides Kumo, apparently. I don't really keep a strong eye on things, though. The big thing, I suppose, is just lack of activity from people. Does that make sense? I like where Art was going, though. I think we really need to have some sort of "evil" village. Maybe that's not the right word, maybe just war mongering, or aggressive village. Or some sort of organization like that for a change of pace.

The only big forseeable issue is that we should have mods active for every section in case someone's trying to make trouble. Though, the admins are still around right? Is Sasuke on vent? I have no idea what's going on, I'm just trying to get a sense of things.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Anbu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 pm

We could make another akatsuki type group
Anbu

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm

I've been setting up the demon country as a war mongering village if anybody wants to help with that. Its a sub board of Sora, but it could be....greater.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tolkien » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Oddric wrote:I guess just to keep things rolling and talking, what of these things here are actually an "issue"?

Is the whole mod thing an issue? For now at least, is it a good idea to just let people put up whatever they want and it's all set? If people do anything crazy, we just don't have to rp with them, I guess.

I wouldn't say the topic of Bijuus is an issue, but, I think it would be nice if we could give them out in some orderly manner once it's decided which people definitely aren't using them.

Villages, what here is an issue? The four villages that were "demoted" a while back is just more wanderer space, but the others still up are kind of just lax, I'd say. Besides Kumo, apparently. I don't really keep a strong eye on things, though. The big thing, I suppose, is just lack of activity from people. Does that make sense? I like where Art was going, though. I think we really need to have some sort of "evil" village. Maybe that's not the right word, maybe just war mongering, or aggressive village. Or some sort of organization like that for a change of pace.

The only big forseeable issue is that we should have mods active for every section in case someone's trying to make trouble. Though, the admins are still around right? Is Sasuke on vent? I have no idea what's going on, I'm just trying to get a sense of things.

Well I was slowly but surely trying to turn Iwa into that sort of "evil" category, but things kinda mucked it up. I didn't want to do it in some cheap way, like "Arggh!!! We bad guy village" but was making it into more of an aggressive village, with a mix of good people being led by evil leaders. Well anyway, without revealing too much, It was eventually to turn into a site wide topic. However, hard to do things like that with no members. Well you guys got me back in action now. I am back from my long vacation lol.

Also...Oddric and others with High powered bad guys or just evil people period or aspiring get at me please. Let's get it cracking!!
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tolkien » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Hanya wrote:I've been setting up the demon country as a war mongering village if anybody wants to help with that. Its a sub board of Sora, but it could be....greater.

Yes I would..I want to help get things back to shape here.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Art » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Im not sure if we need an 'evil' village exactly...

however the point i was trying to hit on was that the majority of villages have the same themes, run the same way, and are only differnt in cosmetic detail.

and yes this anbu... even kumo...

(although Kumo is in the process of being differnt ^^ )

Right now, i think one of the biggest things villages have been lacking is somthing i found in the new rebuilt Suna...

That thing is culture...

I feel the current villages (ones with and without mods) really lack a set of beliefs, ideals or values that unite them.

Having a well defined culture will spark plot but not only tell how to react to others.

Lets look at an example:

[Village X: Village x is really productive! They have tons of ninja and are getting lots of jobs! However Village x will not let women become ninja beyond the genin level. They feel like the battle feild is no place for somone so frail. Likewise they do not want to invest time money or training into someone who may one day need to stop being a ninja to raise kids. So instead they only promote men who they feel work harder and for longer. They find men more valuable than women, they also discourage women from leaning strong ninjutsu or being ninja at all.]

while this example is kinda extreame and sexist it hints to traits on how your character should act.... Or you could reject your 'culture'?

and this is where culture can play towards plot...

-What is a guy from this village goes someplace where girls are treated equal?
-A girl wants to get really strong so she has to run away and become a missing nin
-A guy trains a girl strong ninjutsu in secret and then is caught?

--------

Likewise i think if we had added benifits to each village there would be more reason to go there...

If you choose Yuki, you can use Med jutsu @ Genin (with medical specialty)
If you pick Kumo, you cc more powerful swords @ Genin (with kenjutsu)
If you pick Suna, you only need 2 threads before you can rank up to chuunin.

like stuff like that....
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 pm

I actually think that's a good idea. Culture would add a more realistic feel and get deeper plots and rps
Anbu

PostPosted by raiza » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm

The creation system no longer serves a purpose and as such, does not require the election of new mods. The site has transitioned away from the "Arms Race" mentality that plagued here for years to a more friendly, character driven plots that completely ignore petty things such as villages or rank and things of that nature. If anything, I believe we should take this one step further and abolish most of the existing rules that are in place. They are some, but not limited to:

-Unlocking Uchiha.
    -Bring back canon characters.
    -Eliminate the entire specialty thing.
    -Allow more flexibility to clans and spirits.

Furthermore, this can somewhat be applied to the current state of villages. Regardless of who takes over, the same thing will occur. Activity will peak for a brief moment and will disappear soon after. Leaving the villages as is [except perhaps making village rank ups follow the Wanderer format] is the best bet. This allows those who prefer the hustle and bustle of village life to continue to truck on without consequence, yet gives an opportunity to further progress if they so desire.

Edit: Unless somethign changed, I believe most of the admins are still around, doing their Skype rp or whatever. I don't hang out in vent myself so i am unable to confirm, but even so, I don't believe it would be too terribly difficult to have them take care of a few admin-y thing or give someone active the power to do so.
DEATH PA-N-DA
GO TO HELL!!
(DIVINE PUNISHMENT)
THE DEATH PANDA HELL
IS THIS AN ILLUSION?
(MAYBE NOT)
QUENCH MY THIRST WITH BLOOD
(CATCH ME)
*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*
C-COULD THIS BE MY....!!
BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!!
LA-LA-LA-LA
raiza
Bathed in the Blood of a Billion Galaxies

PostPosted by Anbu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:45 pm

The only thing about unlocking uchiha is that like on the old site that's all anyone or any new people wanted to make. Then we have nothing but uchiha's running around. There should be like a limit. Like you have to take a character to chuunin to unlock it.
Anbu

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Like we have enough people that still give enough of a shit to make only Uchiha to the point of overload...and even if there were, just don't RP with them.

Seriously, the site as gotten to such a state that approvals are unnecessary and people mostly already RP with the same people they know and/or usually RP with anyway.
In the old days we had dozens of very active members, rules were needed back then to keep things in check...we still had major events and the likes back then (not that most ever got anywhere but still). The rules stuck around even when the site transitioned here and the member number dropped but it was more out of habit and for the newer members...cause as was proven plenty of times the older members had many ways of bending the rules at will.
But now? We have so few active members that you know who you'll be RPing with and end up planning it all anyway (and what's not planned can be discussed through PMs). So rules are merely a formality by now, all that's really needed is respect for others and everything will be peachy...and considering the members still walking around I don't see that being hard at all.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Art » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

having less rules and regulations doesn't nessissarly make things better....

For the most part we are a fairly freeform site... Our battles arnt decided by stats or numbers but by player posts and smarts. We have official villages to work in, and we have unofficial villages for our plots...

We have a whole area dedicated to shaping and forming it to whatever the poster wants it to be.

yet we dont do anything with it....

In the past our village mods and our admin were happy to spoon feed us plots.
The user base was happy playing out the same old story, taking bits of a canon world and twisting it to our own, trying to make sense and fit in...

Now like some years later, the word is better defined, losing some of that mystery and luster.
now the same old plots dont cut it any more, no one has time to spoon feed.

Do we almost have too much freedom for our own good?
We obviously not making the best use of the freedoms we have... maybe we might need to limit more?

Oddy- What ever happened to Haikyogakure and the Shugotenshi?
Hanya- I know you have a desire to revive some of the 'fallen' villages I have heard the ideas.

Im not really sure where im going with this anymore....

Somone Just give me a biijuu..... Three Tails please and Thankyou <3
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

Next

Return to Questions and Ideas