Executioner's song

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Re: Executioner's song

PostPosted by Anbu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 pm

So they liked his code name. The more he heard it the more he started to get used to it. He heard them talking about the case and going over it and all. It was all interesting to him. He had never done anything like this before in his life. An atleast he wasn't running for his life anymore that was good. 

He sigh,"I've heard rumors but that's it."

The women kept talking and he kept listening. It was a good thing she talked so much because he didn't like to talk at all really. It wasn't his type of thing he just listened and sighed. What a drag this was supposed to be a nice easy quick lazy day. 

A crazy man opened the door and started yelling about how he was a dead man. Ikazuchi shot his face down low and still had his hood low. He couldn't have his face seen by to many people it was to risky. The last thing he needed was samurai running into the building to kill him. That would be a huge drag. Who was this man and what the hell was he talking about. Ikazuchi waited to see what would happen next. ....
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Mainasha tried to calm down the homeless man who was starting to cause a scene in the room starting to attract other attention. Mainasha tried to calm the man down as well as keep any attention away from them. She looked over at Zaki seeing that he was trying to cover his face which was understandable.

"Okay, sir you need to calm down and explain yourself. Now who is trying to kill you? We can help."

"That murder that happened earlier, with the guy that was beheaded, I will be next."

Mainasha quickly brought the man into the room shutting the door in the process. She told him to sit down. And explain himself.

"Okay...well what makes you think you are the next victim? Do you know who the killer is?"

The homeless man took a big gulp of water that Koujo offered and then took a second to collect himself.

"I..I don't know at all who this killer is.....and I don't know how I know that I am next...but I know it's going to happen.."

Koujo threw his hands up in frustration at the lack of info from the homeless man.

"I think this guy's snapped... or he running some scheme trying to get a free meal or something."

"Koujo!! Chill out...

She said in annoyance..Koujo quickly shut his mouth. He knew not to piss her off. She then looked at the homeless man in the eyes seriously, enough to make any grown man apprehensive and worried.

"What is your name?"

"He...Hedo..."

"Okay..Hedo..we are in the middle of a very important investigation..an investigation in which we are trying to save another person from becoming another victim to this murder. Do not waste our time if you are playing games...people's lives are at stake. If you have nothing for us to go on, how can we help you?"

Mainasha said this very sternly and with aggression. The homeless man took another drink before responding

Please...I am not lying to you or playing games...I just know...okay okay look..I have been having these nightmares for 2 months now..the same exact dream. I dream that 4 people are killed and then I am the last one...like they are all killed the same way as these murders are..I..I can't see who the faces are just silhouettes and the person killing them I can't see either except that he has a strange mask on.....and then finally he comes after me and then i wake up. I have this dream over and over again...its horrible and no matter what I do to change it, the same scenario happens. "

Mainasha listened to him describe his dream. It was quite coincidental. She didn't know to trust this guy, but really they had no choice, they had no leads..she had nothing to lose to go with this guys story. He was accurate with the number of victims, but that info could had been gathered from news sources. Then again it seemed quite extreme to go through these lengths for attention.....THEN AGAIN....this was a homeless guy they were dealing with. She noticed the time looking up at a clock. She needed to be going to the GIC plant for questioning soon..

"Okay..Hedo..we will talk on this in detail..for now..Zaki and Koujo are going to look after you..Zaki and Koujo, look after Hedo while I go to one of the GIC plants and question the company president there. and.....please get him cleaned up and some clothes you know where everything is at Koujo..."

Stressing the word "cleaned up" to the two of them. His odor was nauseating and she could tell the man hadn't washed in quite a while. Koujo grimaced at the thought as Hedo's odor was especially pungent to him. As Mainasha was about to leave, the homeless man abruptly stood up and had a strange look like he had a revelation when he heard the word "GIC".

"Wait.. you said GIC did you not? I used to work there a long time ago.."
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 am

The guy started to ramble on about some dream he was having. This man was crazy it seemed but the facts were right. Maybe he wasn't as crazy as he seemed. Or he was crazy and took extreme measures to find out all of that and make this up to do something. He kept his cloak up an he could see out of the lower half of his eyes. 

He had to watch this man? Such a drag.... He didn't want to be a babysitter. He was kind of interested in this case now though. He wanted to find out what the hell was going on and he knew Sebikok would be happy to hear also. 

Just before the women left something he said struck a nerve with everyone. 

He worked at GIC.... 

The company of last murder.....

Maybe the last two had a connect there....

What the hell was going on.....

This was such a drag he wished it could be straight forward instead of kept guessing...
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm

"What? really? Do you know anything about the man that was killed recently?"

many things went into Mainasha's head upon this latest finding. She wondered if the other killings had relation to GIC corp, and if so, she would have a lot more questions for the president of GIC corp, however she was running late, already having been a full day and evening setting she needed to get going, for this president didn't tolerate lateness and she needed to get some answers. She thought of taking the man with him, but he was in no condition to come with her, also the president was rather secretive and would only allow one person to see him. She would just have to mention Hedo and see if the president remembers him or not. The vagabond finally spoke after hearing mainasha's question

"That's the strange part...I don't remember much of my time working with GIC, I just remember being some lowly worker and I got laid off..and I don't really seem to know the man, but the outline of his figure in my dream...matches that man..like I couldn't remember his face but he seems familiar to me."

This was just crazy to Mainasha. How did this man not know, but know things at the same time...did he have a case of Amnesia? Still, she had the sense that with enough probbing of the man, she might be able to get the answers she seeked, and he had provided them with the most clues to work with, before that they were going nowhere on the case. It was worth taking the time to finding out more and using Hedo as the source. She sighed in frustration, but it was best to handle things one at a time. There was some good news to this.

"Okay Hedo, well Zaki and Koujo will take you somewhere to get a change of clothes. I am gonna go talk this GIC president and hopefully find some other news that can help us."

Koujo smirked. In a sort of sarcastic way.

"So...your gonna see THE...president...Shinra Takagawa huh?"

Mainasha had a strange look from the way he said it.

"Yeah..why?..something I need to know? I know that he is highly publicized, but do you know him personally?"'

"Well not face to face...I have done a lot of things that I am ashamed of..especially during my criminal years...but...that man..Takagawa...the public puts him out as some peaceful philanthropist...but he's evil...trust me..something's not right with him..I wouldn't trust what he says.."

Mainasha made no comment, but made sure to take careful heed to his words. Koujo had dabbled briefly in the criminal underworld, maybe there was something about Takagawa that Mainasha didn't know about. She then left the two and Hedo by themselves. The building was starting to get empty by this time. Koujo looked over at Hedo looking like a lost puppy.

"Hey man you can go ahead and take a shower over to the far hall to your left. Exit the door and go that way. Showers are there. I don't know where she wants you to sleep at, but I guess we will stay around here until she comes back.

Koujo then looked over at where Zaki was. He had almost forgot he was here since he was so quiet. Not as if there was much he could say anyway.

"Aye Zaki, there is a semi-lounge area to the right outside the door. They got vending machines and stuff like that, but they got some free stuff lying around too. Some of the guys usually leave some type of food for us to eat off of."

Koujo sighed. He wished he could go with Mainasah to question the GIC president. This "president" allowing for questioning after work hours seemed strange. For some reason in his mind he felt like something bad was gonna happen. And for some odd reason, his hunches were usually right.

From a far off distance as the moon was coming up a figure emerged from a rooftop. It stood high above a large building carrying a large deathscythe and wore a hood. If one was to look from a distance and notice the man, they would think they were seeing the grim reaper coming to take a soul. The "grim reaper" faced toward the headquarters where Hedo, Zaki, and Koujo were. As quickly as he appeared he disappeared with blinding speed toward it's destination.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:16 am

This man was confusing. What a drag couldn't he remember anything. He just kept wasting and then not wasting there time over and over. 

He listened to them talk for multiple minutes. 

The guy he was working with was a criminal. Could he trust him? He trusted the lady but could he the man. He figured he could but would still watch it. 

What about this crazy guy. Could he be working with the killer?

To many questions, it killed his head, such a drag. 

This whole day had been a drag. It was supposed to be in an out quickly. It turned into an all day thing. He heard the man talk to him an nodded his head. He went outside and found where he was talking about. He grabbed some food and drink and started to have his meal. He sighed into bites. If the day was gonna be long and a drag he was ready for some action or something exciting atleast. 

He finished his stuff up and walked back into the room and nothing had changed. He took his seat again and pulled his hood down low. He started to daze off alittle in fact. 
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Hedo took a long well needed shower in the men's locker room. It was bare and empty, yet quite large for a locker room. He had used the shower and used it for quite awhile enjoying the feel of being refreshed. As he continued in the shower, he noticed the ever expanding amount of steam that was building up around the area. He chuckled to himself.

Ahh, never felt better, all this mist must be from me taking my shower...well oh well should clear up pretty soon."

Hedo seemed to be oblivious to the fact that the mist was starting to build up even more even after finishing his shower. Finally satisfied he grabbed a towel and his clothes going near a locker to put on his clothes. He then noticed the build up of mist which was almost fogging up the shower area that he left making it barely visible to the naked eyes.

"What the hell? It should be clearing up by now, I know i turned off the shower, is there another one on? No...I don't hear anything running."

He was about to walk over to the now foggy area and investigate, but then a sharp thought came to mind. A sort of recollection. He thought of his nightmares that he was having...He couldn't see them because of mist in his dreams they were entrenched in the mist. He looked around as the mist now coming from his nightmares now becoming reality spread around him very quickly.

"No...No....this can't be happening shit!! Help!! Some one help me!!"

He quickly ran to the nearest exit in an attempt to leave however the door was mysteriously locked. He desperately banged the door to try to open it..He hollered out again for someone to hear him. He then heard a voice in his ear. He didn't know if the person was near him or in his head as the mist totally surrounded him at this point.

"Sorry...I would have given you more time to cherish your pathetic life, however, it would be best to finish this up being you are the last one left...relax and it will be over quickly..."

"You're that assassin in my nightmares..you killed the other 4 as well."

"Interesting...I was told that none of you all had any memory of your past...however you seem to have some recessive memories of some kind...well then.. I changed my mind...I am going to take some time and enjoy this...oh and don't worry your screams can not be heard, my mist can block out some noise and only within it can it be heard."

"Why do you want to kill me? and why did you kill the others?"

"Well...its simple aside from the fact that I enjoy killing it's because I was hired to kill you all...in the most artful way imaginable..Apparently you and your comrades knew something in the past, and even though you don't seem to remember anything, its not good to take chances...so say the ones that hired me.."

"And who are they"

"Tsk tsk..I can't tell you that..however....I can show you first hand how I artfully kill my victims. You can be alive while I show you..okay?"

Hedo quickly tried banging the door once again to try and get someone's attention, however it seemed to no avail. He then quickly felt himself being dragged down to the ground as if he had stepped in quicksand. The assassin was still hidden in the mist, but the sounds of metal and chains moving could be heard.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mainasha was heading into the doorway of the GIC building. Before she could touch the door, a man opened it from within, politely allowing Mainasha inside.

"Mr. Takagawa is expecting you please follow me."

The man looked to be a butler of sorts, however he was very huge and his huge hulking frame looked like it would burst out of his suit. As he lead her to where the president was Mainasha was able to see the various technological gadgets that were around as they walked toward a number of offices. Computers, radios, and even a holographic display that someone seemingly managed to forget to turn off. It was quite amazing and the place looked like another world. She then followed the "butler" into a large room with a very expansive dinner table where at the far end sat Shinra Takagawa. He sat quiet and uncaring it seemed, however once the butler introduced Mainasha to the man, he brought about a very humble smile that was surprising to Mainasha. He was dressed very formal and another plate was near another part of the table near him. Obviously the meal was for her.

"Yes, Mainasha Imani...of the Imani clan? yes your beauty precedes you..come, come and sit down."

Everything just didn't seem right to her, something was off about the guy....and that butler.

" This is some kind of interview...late at night...dinner as well I see...don't know if you brought me here to answer my questions or to gain my affections..if I knew this was a date, I would have dressed better for it...my apologies..."

She decides to go ahead and deal with it and sit down. She was hungry, but would not waste time to eat, but rather get to the questions and then get out. She then thought about Hedo and hoped everything was alright. After all, if the homeless man was telling the truth, he was in a lot of danger, she just hoped that Koujo and Zaki would be able to handle things until she got back. Shinra laughed quite heavily from her comment as he took a bite from his steak then lightly wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Beautiful woman as well as having a sense of humor..I like that Mainasha, now what can I do for you.."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Koujo sat in deep thought, not even paying attention to Zaki who had then dozed off. They had sat for awhile not saying anything. Gathering that Zaki seemed to be the quiet type, now it didn't really bother him to not say anything to him and have a peaceful quiet atmosphere. Almost too quiet as he also managed to doze off a bit. Abruptly he quickly woke up however as he noticed the time and that it had been 1hr since Hedo was in the shower and he hadn't came back yet. Koujo stood up and then walked over to the direction of the locker room.

"I am going to check on that Hedo guy. He's been in there way too long. I know he smelled something awful, but that's way too long, gonna check on the guy right quick."

He said this to Zaki while heading to the direction of the locker room. Whether he heard or not didn't matter to him. When he came toward the area he saw mist covering the door way and was spreading outside the door filling the halls partway.

"What the hell!? Somethings not right!"
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Zaki was dozing off. He was thinking about the campfire and talks with his sensei. He hoped he was okay. He hadn't seen him all day an had no idea what was going on. His sensei was everywhere though always in the shadows. 

He heard the man yell. 

He jumped and shook off his sleep. That woke him up. Something must of not been right. He started to go towards the noise. 

While walking he noticed it was hot an muggy. 

He kept walking. 

He saw a mist covering the halls. That was strange. 

He moved through it till he found his partner. 

"What the hell is going on now?" Such a drag he was thinking. 
Anbu

Previous

Return to The Lands and Cities