Executioner's song

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Executioner's song

PostPosted by Tolkien » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 am

A loud scream from a woman could be heard in the middle of the afternoon in the midst of a large crowd as she unfortunately stumbled upon the latest victim of a murder spree that had been taking place Within the last two months. The scream brought about a huge ruckus among the people as it became quite chaotic in the already chaotic environment. Like the other 3 previous victims this one was killed in the same manner...Dead body laid on the back like an X shape with the decapitated head sitting on top of the body with an "X" mark carved on the forehead. Victim #4 was the same, however the latest murder gained higher attention than the victims, because this victim was in a high position for the global corporation GIC. GIC which stwood for G.reater I.ndustrial C.ommunities was one of the leading corporations of the world in technological advances. Big in the Steam industry and innovators of the developing digital technology which would produce Tv's, cell phones and the like. Widely known for its commercial projects. Lesser known for military weapons, which various Major villages would acquire from. GIC's approach was of unity between all nations and commerce and trade within all nations, hence the name. GIC was in the basic sense, a "jack of all trades" in technological advances. Several Shinobi of the Kumo Police force arrived along with Mainasha Imani and Koujo Comanche spreading out the huge crowd and proceeding to the crime scene. Koujo was still new to the police force, but had been in a few assignments in which he quickly gained respect from his comrades. This assignment would be his biggest yet. Mainasha looked at the body shaking her head and crouching down looking at the dismembered head as if trying to communicate to it.

"This is the 4th victim in close to two months..all killed the same way..."

"The last 3 victims seemed like totally unrelated...1st a shopkeeper, then a wanderer who was just passing by and then a local entertainer...and now..this.."

Koujo had said in response. Aside from the fact they were killed the same way, there seemed to be no connection yet between them...perhaps this was the work of a serial killer. But it seemed killing a high ranking employee of GIC was sending a message of some sort. Mainasha nodded her head in agreement, however she frowned right after agreeing.

"maybe no connection that we see yet, but I just have a feeling these killings are not random. The last 3 killings seemed more solitary and in more quieter enviroments..done at night... but this one is in the daylight and in a huge residential district. This killer wants attention."

Mainasha then stood up facing the 6'10 behemoth Koujo. Many of the others in the squad were quite amazed and even intimidated by his height, but not Mainasha as she had known him since he was little. They practically grew up together. She smiled thinking of him as the annoying cry baby little brother of Hassan Comanche.Little wolf.

"I don't know about this assignment for you Koujo. This is quite advanced, and this killer is obviously skilled. You have battle experience, but you are still Genin rank.."

"No..I need to take this assignment. I think I have proven myself enough with the other assignments."

DAMN...If we weren't short on men right now, I wouldn't let him take this case...but..(sigh) I have no choice...

Mainasha said this to herself as she turned her back from him in thought. She then turned around to face him again.

"Fine...but I WILL be observing you and partially with you on this case..We don't know who or what we are dealing with here.."

Koujo shrugged his shoulders as he proceeded over to one of the witnesses......
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

Re: Executioner's song

PostPosted by Anbu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Ikazuchi was just walking through town on a normal ordinary day just like any other. He figured he would walk and see if anything interesting was going on or if he could find out any news about the samurai. He kept his head down and his cloak up not wanting to draw any attention to himself. 

There was a scream and then people gathering all around. Something big had happened. No one knew what it was but many gathered. A murder...a murder had happened again. This had been going on in Kumo for a couple of weeks now. It was the fourth life taken in a similar manner. 

Ikazuchi reached a part of town and it was almost empty. He wondered what had happened to everyone. He heard some motions coming from the other side of the street and decided he would check it out. When he got to the street he noticed everyone was gathered together in a circle. He noticed the police were there also. He could see a lifeless motionless body laying in the middle of everyone. 

He decided he would find out what had happened. He wanted to keep a low profile still because there were samurai around. He went up to different people to find out but no one knew what had happened. 

He saw a giant of a man and a women in police outfits talking togather. He figured this would be the time to find out if there was any. He approached both of them carefully and sighed,"Do you  know what happened?"
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 am

Koujo looked over at the young man who spoke to them. He sort of looked startled at the young man, who had the look like he wasn't from around here.

Who the hell is this guy?

Koujo said to himself as he was about to approach the young man, however Mainasha cut him off and placed her arm in front as if cutting in line.

"let me handle this..I know how you are"

"What?! I wasn't gonna do anything"

Mainasha smirked and proceeded to the young man. Koujo was a good man, but he can be harsh at times to people he doesn't know and plus Koujo was still a rookie.

"Hi there..a murder has taken place here..I can't tell you anymore than that. Unless you are a witness or have some information to give us concerning this I am sorry but you will have to step back while we investigate."

Mainasha was about to step away from the young man, however she had the nagging notion in her mind to inquire who this young man was. Mainasha was always in the Kumo community and this person looked totally unfamiliar to her.

"Are you from here? I usually recognize a lot of faces, but yours I have never seen"

Mainasha being a seasoned Jounin, could tell this person was not just some random wanderer. He carried the persona of someone with a certain purpose. And perhaps someone with skill...
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:03 pm

"Who the hell is this guy?"

Ikazuchi didn't know how to respond to someone being like this. It was a mighty rude response to a question. That was not a great way to start off a conversation. 

Ikazuchi watched the two people argue right infront of him. He didn't want to start any trouble but he got them argueing. The women was higher ranking he figured out since the man was listening to her and seemed to be backing down. 

"Hi there..a murder has taken place here..I can't tell you anymore than that. Unless you are a witness or have some information to give us concerning this I am sorry but you will have to step back while we investigate."

So another murder happened. There have been a couple that had happen lately in kumo. He couldn't know any more and he kind of wanted to. But he figured not to get attention to himself incase samurai were around. So he decided he would just go back to his house. Before he started to walk away though the girl started talking to him again. 

"Are you from here? I usually recognize a lot of faces, but yours I have never seen"

Ikazuchi kind of sighed then respond,"Yes I am Sebokik Nara's student Ikazuchi Shinsou."
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Ikazuchi wrote:"Yes I am Sebokik Nara's student Ikazuchi Shinsou."

This revelation sort of startled Mainasha, but she quickly maintained composure. She sort of figured, but now it was known. Being a student of Sebokik, this young man was definitely a shinobi. She was quiet for a brief few seconds, it even surprised her that he would actually admit to it.

"Oh...yes...I knew of Sebokik......"

This definitely changed things concerning Ikazuchi. She didn't know what his purpose was for being here, but considering the situation it would not be good for him to be found out by the samurai. The Kumo police force was the only group that was being allowed (for the time being) with shinobi in their ranks. She then spoke to him in a quieter voice with seriousness..

"Umm..Is Sebokik still alive?.......................nevermind that question, if ANYBODY asks about you you will tell them that you are part of the Kumo police force understand?" I will be right back, I will need to head to headquarters and register you quietly. We will have some things to talk about. For now, I want you to investigate with big guy over there. His name is Koujo..Koujo Comanche. You will come with Koujo and meet me at one of our offices and I will brief you on whatever you want to know and on this current case since I want you to be a part of it."

Mainasha then nodded her head and turned around walking back toward Koujo making a slight gesture to him.

"That guy Ikazuchi Shinsou is with us now and a Kumo police officer..don't question just let him investigate with you and I will explain when you head back to camp."

Koujo sighed to himself, but he understood. If there was one person he trusted in this world it was Mainasha.

"...Okay..."

Mainasha smiled and then proceeded away from the group leaving Koujo and Ikazuchi to themselves.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 pm

"Oh...yes...I knew of Sebokik......"

So he figured he was in good company and was hoping he could trust her. He only came into the village because Seb sent him there. Seb was to well known to make his way into the village. An after what happened with the whole samurai mess they caused it was way to risky. 

"Umm..Is Sebokik still alive?.......................nevermind that question, if ANYBODY asks about you you will tell them that you are part of the Kumo police force understand?" I will be right back, I will need to head to headquarters and register you quietly. We will have some things to talk about. For now, I want you to investigate with big guy over there. His name is Koujo..Koujo Comanche. You will come with Koujo and meet me at one of our offices and I will brief you on whatever you want to know and on this current case since I want you to be a part of it."

So Ikazuchi was going to be a part of a police case. That was new to him and he still had to keep a low profile. Since some of the samurai knew what he looked like after he killed them and ran. He just nodded his head to show that he understood what she was saying.

He took of with Koujo and started to follow him. He didn't know what they were doing or what was going on but he just followed him. Such a drag. He walked with his lazy posture as always. 
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Koujo looked over at the newcomer as he went to a witness of the scene. He tried to write down any concrete details that would help them figure this out, but it seemed the more he questioned, the more confusing and less helpful it became.

"Ma'am did you see anybody leaving the area....anybody running from the scene or looked suspicious?"

The woman nodded her head no and Koujo sighed in frustration. They had nothing to go on, not even a suspect. Only directi He then looked back over to Ikazuchi with a disappointed expression.

"Right now I am questioning witnesses for any possible leads to this incident. As you can see though, I haven't had much luck there. Come with me we are gonna meet Mainasha over at the building up ahead. Had enough of this anyway..

Koujo walked at a slow enough pace to allow Ikazuchi to catch up to him. The strideful walk indicated that they weren't in too much a hurry to get to their destination. Koujo wanted to know what this guy was all about anyway.

"Don't know who you are, or what made Mainasha just have you come with us all of a sudden, but if there's one thing I know is that I trust Mainasha, so you will get no problems out of me...why are you here anyway? You don't seem like the type coming to Kumo for a vaction..especially with all this ninja and samurai business going on. I can tell your here for a purpose."

Koujo's eyes and serious and seemed to look through Ikazuchi. He stopped for a brief minute wanting a response from him.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Ikazuchi watched as the guy questioned this girl about what had happened. She seemed to have no idea about what had happened though. So far this whole thing was a mystery and confusing. This was such a drag and risky. He couldn't afford to get seen after the mess he made. He pulled his hood up over his head even more than before. 

"Right now I am questioning witnesses for any possible leads to this incident. As you can see though, I haven't had much luck there. Come with me we are gonna meet Mainasha over at the building up ahead. Had enough of this anyway..

So they were going to meet this lady that knew about his sensei. He was wondering what all see knew and what was going to happen. He was always ready incase something were to happen and it was a trap. Seb was counting on him and he couldn't afford to get captured. 

"Don't know who you are, or what made Mainasha just have you come with us all of a sudden, but if there's one thing I know is that I trust Mainasha, so you will get no problems out of me...why are you here anyway? You don't seem like the type coming to Kumo for a vaction..especially with all this ninja and samurai business going on. I can tell your here for a purpose."

Ikazuchi felt his shinobi headband in his pocket. It wasn't safe to wear it when he was in town. He didn't really know if he could trust these people yet. The samurai were such a drag always. 

He sighed and looked at the man,"Intel that's all I can say now.."
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Koujo stayed silent from Ikazuchi's response. It was pretty understandable for him to be less responsive and not willing to tell them everything at the moment. He didn't know who they were, so it didn't bother Koujo much with the short statement.

"intel you say huh? Well I'll accept that. Guess we will find out more and we will tell you more once we get inside."

They walked a few more meters ahead to the building. Koujo usually didn't mind the quiet, but for some reason it seemed quite annoying at this point of time as the two didn't say anything as they walked closer to their destination.

"you know....a lot has changed in just the few years I have been away from this village...never thought we would be in a village ruled by samurai..crazy if you ask me.."

Koujo glanced over at a fellow villager who waved at him as he and Ikazuchi kept walking. Koujo nodded at her in response. There were other people he looked at as well doing various things. One was doing laundry and the other was a child playing with other fellow children. for some reason when he looked at this it made him grow sad as he thought about the current state of Kumo and all the village had went through. The world of shinobi would soon be no more if the samurai were allowed to have their way. Even if that was the case what could he do? They were lucky to even be allowed to have a police force, although it was really just a way for the samurai to keep a close eye on them. Something needed to be done, maybe not now, but in the future. Koujo sighed trying to erase his lingering thoughts.

"Despite all the crap that has happened here..I wouldn't want to be anywhere else..this is better than the life i had before all this.."
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 pm

"intel you say huh? Well I'll accept that. Guess we will find out more and we will tell you more once we get inside."

Ikazuchi just sighed and nodded his head. He kept walking and following the man in silence. He didn't mind the silence him and Sebokik walked in silence a lot as they traveled the outskirts of Kumo. 

"you know....a lot has changed in just the few years I have been away from this village...never thought we would be in a village ruled by samurai..crazy if you ask me.."

He hated the samurai. He knew he couldn't say much about it because ears were everywhere and he didn't know how this guy felt about them. He saw a lady wave towards him and people outside. He lowered his face to stay unseen. He spoke quietly to the man,"Things will change."

"Despite all the crap that has happened here..I wouldn't want to be anywhere else..this is better than the life i had before all this.."

This statement through him off. He wondered about what his life before was and why he would like this. The samurai were a drag and needed to leave. He just kept quiet and listened incase he wanted to explain further. 

And so they kept walking....what a drag....he seemed to always be walking or running....
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

For some reason, Koujo felt the urge to continue on and explain more of his backstory..

Well..I have had many..regrets that.......nevermind we are almost here anyway"

Koujo decided to keep to himself. The memory of his lost brother came to mind when he was about to tell Ikazuchi about his past. They entered the lifeless building that was obviously not a meeting place for the Kumo police. It looked more abandoned and secretive. As they entered the wooden building they then entered another room leading to a basement. Every creak and sound revealing it's old age could be heard with each step as they made their way down the basement. Down at their final destination Mainasha sat awaiting the two. Koujo nodded his head in gesture that the investigation was not going too well.

"Damn...the 4th murder and nothing that gives us a clue as to who did it. I can't believe it...If this place was better run, with more shinobi, we would be able to track things like this better.."

She then looked over at Ikazuchi with stern eyes.

"Go ahead and sit Ikazuchi, we need to talk...."

Mainasha gave Ikazuchi time to sit and situate himself before speaking again. She shuffled some small paperwork and placed to the side.

"Excuse the place, and uhh, no, this is not our official headquarters, if you were thinking that...it's more of a....secret room for our "kind"...shinobi...As you can tell, me and Koujo are shinobi as well. The government now run by the samurai influence allowed this one group to exist recognizing our talents in infiltration, investigations and the like. Of course, we all well know it is only so they can contain some of the shinobi in one place and keep an eye on us, but still it presents us a unique opportunity. laughingly enough, the samurai have their own "police force" which is a overseer of our work, or rather a group to police the shinobi police...anyway Ikazuchi, I don't know what you have been through and how much trouble you might be, but I assure you we wont tell samurai of your whereabouts, which is why I wanted to register you into the force. I didn't use your name though, I don't know if your name is known by the samurai or not, nor if they even know you by face. I know you probably don't trust us, and I don't blame you, but it would really help me out in protecting you if you could tell me your purpose here or at least just let me know if you are wanted at all."

Koujo, still standing stayed quiet as Mainasha spoke. The fact they had to go into an abandoned building to speak of shinobi affairs was preposterous. He wondered how this even came to be. How the samurai just took over the shinobi way of life. He glanced at Mainasha seeing her solemn expression.

"Times are getting hard now, friends are becoming enemies and the way of life we once knew is no more. I have seen neighbors turn in other neighbors who were associated with shinobi. We can't even see our own clans as they have left in seclusion. I am trying in my own way to keep the shinobi way of life in my heart. I can't fight back the samurai right now, but I can at least try to preserve what numbers we have...and protect them.."
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 pm

"Well..I have had many..regrets that.......nevermind we are almost here anyway"

Ikazuchi nodded but the man quit talking. They just kept walking towards the building. He kept wondering what had happened that was so bad in his past. 

"Damn...the 4th murder and nothing that gives us a clue as to who did it. I can't believe it...If this place was better run, with more shinobi, we would be able to track things like this better.." 

Ikazuchi walked in on the lady talking about the case. 

"Go ahead and sit Ikazuchi, we need to talk...."

Ikazuchi took a seat and say down. 

"Excuse the place, and uhh, no, this is not our official headquarters, if you were thinking that...it's more of a....secret room for our "kind"...shinobi...As you can tell, me and Koujo are shinobi as well. The government now run by the samurai influence allowed this one group to exist recognizing our talents in infiltration, investigations and the like. Of course, we all well know it is only so they can contain some of the shinobi in one place and keep an eye on us, but still it presents us a unique opportunity. laughingly enough, the samurai have their own "police force" which is a overseer of our work, or rather a group to police the shinobi police...anyway Ikazuchi, I don't know what you have been through and how much trouble you might be, but I assure you we wont tell samurai of your whereabouts, which is why I wanted to register you into the force. I didn't use your name though, I don't know if your name is known by the samurai or not, nor if they even know you by face. I know you probably don't trust us, and I don't blame you, but it would really help me out in protecting you if you could tell me your purpose here or at least just let me know if you are wanted at all. Times are getting hard now, friends are becoming enemies and the way of life we once knew is no more. I have seen neighbors turn in other neighbors who were associated with shinobi. We can't even see our own clans as they have left in seclusion. I am trying in my own way to keep the shinobi way of life in my heart. I can't fight back the samurai right now, but I can at least try to preserve what numbers we have...and protect them.."

Ikazuchi hated the samurai and something in this girls voice told him the same thing. He felt like he could trust her there was just something about her. 

He sighed,"Ya I'm wanted. Me and Sebikok-San made a mess awhile back. An I'm here just for recon and supplies and to see how things are running for him. Where trying to figure out how to strike back." 
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:35 am

Ikazuchi wrote:"Ya I'm wanted. Me and Sebikok-San made a mess awhile back. An I'm here just for recon and supplies and to see how things are running for him. Where trying to figure out how to strike back."

This was not surprising in the least to Mainasha, but more of a confirmation. Being a student of Sebokik, she knew his presence here would have something to do on the lines of preparing to attack the samurai. Sebokik was a fighter and strategist. Mainasha stood up from her seat preparing to leave.

"Thank you for your honesty. I can't really help you much in your mission, but I won't stop you from what you are doing either..and secret is perfectly safe as well, including between Koujo."

She stood silent contemplating how she could help him and at the same time keep his identity hidden.

"We can give you a code name for now while you are with us as a member of the police force....that way we are not blurting out your name in case a samurai is around. As for your identity and face.....well...I know someone who can help you with that..he specializes in seal masking abilities. He um used to it for a friend of mine I knew...."

Mainasha then thought of Tolkien who was the friend she mentioned. At the moment she thought of him and wondered and worried about his well being. Kenta, the Imani clan leader spoke to Mainasha privately on Tolkien's reckless path to exacting his revenge against Gainon for his involvement in the death of his father and finding the whereabouts of his mother. It seemed like the more she saw Tolkien, the more distant he became, as if he was trying to erase her from his memory which pained her greatly, as she grew more frustrated with him. She wondered if she would ever see him again. The brief memory of him was bittersweet to Mainasha. She then continued upstairs gesturing Ikazuchi to follow her and Koujo.

"Well....guess that identity thing is something we will have to discuss later. That man resides in the deep trenches of what was once Kirikagure. Come, we are going to go to the real headquarters now..oh yeah what would you like for your codename? you choose."
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Anbu » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 pm

"Thank you for your honesty. I can't really help you much in your mission, but I won't stop you from what you are doing either..and secret is perfectly safe as well, including between Koujo.""We can give you a code name for now while you are with us as a member of the police force....that way we are not blurting out your name in case a samurai is around. As for your identity and face.....well...I know someone who can help you with that..he specializes in seal masking abilities. He um used to it for a friend of mine I knew...."

He listened to her talk. She was going to help him out and he was glad of it. In times like this you always needed some friends and people to help you in your cause. People you could trust were hard to find in times like this also. He was glad he ended up asking about what had happened to the women. He followed them upstairs when they kept talking. 

"Well....guess that identity thing is something we will have to discuss later. That man resides in the deep trenches of what was once Kirikagure. Come, we are going to go to the real headquarters now..oh yeah what would you like for your codename? you choose."

Hmmmm a code name. He kept thinking for a long time of a code name he could use. He was having trouble coming up with one but finally decided on one,"How about code name: Zaki?"
Anbu

PostPosted by Tolkien » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

"Zaki..hmm..I like it, works for me."

Koujo said with a slight chuckle.

"Well okay, Zaki it is.'

Mainasha agreed. By this point in time they had finally reached the headquarters. It was quite busy and people of all sorts were inside the large headquarters. Fortunately for them as well, everyone was too busy to pay attention to the newcomer Zaki and mainasha took advantage of this quickly going straight to her office area, where they would be secluded from the rest. She went over her folder and case files gathering the needed info for their case.

"Okay..Zaki, this is where we at right now on this case. You may or may not know, but that was the 4th related murder within the last two months. 1st victim was a normal shopkeeper, the 2nd, a wanderer, and the 3rd was a local entertainer. The last was an employee of one of the largest corporations of the world, GIC."

"Should we go to his place of work and possibly get some answers there? Maybe a clue as to who the man is.."

"right, that's good. I have already set up an arrangement for that. Maybe our victim had some enemies...and maybe our killer is a hired assassin....alright then guys we...

Before Mainasha could finish her sentence as she preparing to leave, a door abruptly opened, a sweaty man, about middle aged barged through in a panic. He looked like a homeless man, with dirty worn clothes and torn pants. It appeared as if he had been on the street for quite some time and his beard very thick. Mainasha and Koujo looked with startlement at the homeless man who then finally caught his breath to speak to bring some talk to the brief quiet atmosphere.

"I WILL BE THE NEXT VICTIM THEY ARE COMING TO KILL ME, I DON'T KNOW WHY, DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT I....I....SOMEHOW...I JUST KNOW, YOIU HAVE TO HELP ME!!!
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

Next

Return to The Lands and Cities