Peepshow [ Open ]

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Peepshow [ Open ]

PostPosted by Love » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm

You could tell the moral fiber of the world was slowly being cut away like scissors through cloth, especially if you were in frequented places like the Serpent's Tear, Hebiheki. Not satisfied with just a bar to shoot down sake, the men getting drunk here were coughing up Ryou by the bucketful as they collected around the catwalk, supported at the end with a slender poll headed up to the ceiling.

Even with having only one good eye to look through the dim red lights that illuminated the basement business, Asuka could barely stand the depravity of the seen. Men were all pigs, though don't doubt that she was equally disgusted by the barely dressed women that filled this retched place. She had learned other ways of making a quick buck, and the difference with her was that she could do it all while keeping her clothes on.

"More Sake!" Held up a drunk man sitting at the end of the stage. A regular, and a rich one at that, it was his own private viewing section reserved just for him, and his body guards. No one took names here, but you didn't need to ask to know the name of this man. Guuro, a shipping tycoon that apparently had other business ventures to boot considering that he owned the building he was at almost every night. Great way to get around having to pay tips when you're the one that cuts the checks.

The stubby little man sat cushioned waiting for the next dancer to take the stage, his eyes hidden behind a set of thick sunglasses that he took off in preparation for his favorite entertainer as the DJ started his announcement. "AND NOW PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR SAK--"

"What the Hell is this?" The DJ's confusion was quickly followed with outrage as the blonde that was expected was replaced with a raven-haired woman that was going to be doing anything but shaking her hips.

There wasn't a moment spared after the botched introduction before the Yamanaka woman was bolting down the stage, running past the vertical poll and leaping straight off the end of the catwalk. Her arm, which had already had her large sword pulled when the curtain opened, was cocked back at the elbow as the weapon started to surge and vibrate with the force of Raiton natured chakra.

It was over in an instant. Asuka stood with feet on cushions to either side of the business man couched over him as the surging blade at the end of her arm stuck straight through his chest centered on the heart. The triangular blade had made the wound ever bigger as it pierced nearly all the way to the start of the hilt. The private dancers screamed as they fell off the rest of the couch. Those body guards had grown too idol from their fat paychecks to be able to stop it.

"Show's over." She whispered into the ear of the man who could do nothing but cough up blood as he died.

No blood followed down the blade as it was ripped form his chest, all the crimson being vaporized by the intensity of the lightning still surrounding it. The shinobi guards pushed the fleeing girls out of the way as they prepared to kill the woman that had just murdered their employer straight before their eyes. Had Guuro not been such a cheapskate, he might have actually hired some that had passed beyond Genin. Asuka spun as her hand pulled out her shorter tanto, the black blade searing red as it slight straight through the upward pointing digits of one of the guards making the "Ram" hand-sign, sending shockwaves of pain through the bald man that would be only partially as painful as the later realization that he'd be completely useless as a bodyguard in the future. Never mind his inability to protect the man now dead on the couch, but there's not a whole lot you can do when you're missing your pointers and middle fingers.

The spin lead her around to kick the underside of the jaw of the other guard just before a Sution style water jet was going to be released. As the man fell back, the cutting water sliced through a portion of the ceiling.

Now all she had to do was get out of here and collect.
Last edited by Love on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

Re: Peepshow [ Open ]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Making money has always been little more than a hobby for him, despite the goal of his group, Karasu no Ha (Raven Blade), being that of pure violent destruction it is quite surprising how large quantities of money not only attract new members but also serve to keep them happy. Destroying things with reckless abandon is always a fun stress reliever for the boys, they can do what they want when they want it, but the lack of money can seriously hinder their fun at times and it seems that even for savages like them, money will always be a necessity.

That's where Stardust came in, he never really care much for the scientific explanation he got from the guys who developed it but he did know it was one hell of a drug. More powerful than any drug already out there, Stardust was a rainbow colored powder that when mixed with alcoholic beverages gave people the time of their lives! A tea spoon of the stuff was enough to give three or four people to go at it all night long, be it on the dance-floor on in bed, the world would change around them such beautiful dancing colors before their eyes, some even said they could hear the colors speak to them and taste the sounds of the music...it was the best and most blissful feeling in the world, some would describe it. Keiichi never liked it, he never really felt any effects from it anyway, but there was a high demand for the stuff and with a high demand and them being the only makers that only meant large quantities of money.
He did set up one rule for the crew though, one of the few they had, no member was allowed to take the stuff because it was so addicting that once you were hooked you'd need it 24/7 until the unfortunate side-effect (of death) caught up with you.
Hebiheki was the perfect place in Keiichi's eyes, it was just outside his crew's territory and a considering the costumers the perfect cesspool to begin spreading Stardust in the area, plus the pig running the place was as dimwitted as he was fat so making a puppet out of him would be easy despite the supposed Yakuza connections he held.

But things didn't exactly go as planned...they never do anyway. The meeting to finalize the "business agreement" had been finally been set and for once Keiichi was there on time with two of his boys tasked with carrying his heavy black sword, he couldn't call them bodyguards since even he could kill them without any effort.
But what did he find when he arrive?
People fleeing in panic.
A dead Guuro.
Incapacitated bodyguards.
A hot assassin finishing off said bodyguards.

It didn't take a genius to put two and two together, a dead Guuro meant no selling Stardust which in turn meant no money. Worst of all, the girls were all running away and he was expecting a good show to commemorate the transaction.
Keiichi didn't skip a beat after the dots connected in his mind, his hand reached for the sword one of his boys was holding and he ripped it out of his hands while charging toward the assassin.

"Oy oy, heads up!"

The warning wasn't a cocky move but rather an intentional one, he wanted the chick to notice he was attacking because he wanted her to block or avoid it, his intention wasn't to outright kill her, not just yet. As he charged he jumped upward and gripped the hilt of the large black sword with both hands, immediately sending it the edge crashing down toward the assassin. If she were fast enough it would be easily avoidable considering the warning, if she was dumb enough to block it she'd be dead...in hindsight, if his objective wasn't to kill her there were much safer ways of going about it.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Love » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Asuka jumped off of the table she had been on during her spin, and landed in a crouch alongside the fallen Suiton welded in. In one fluid motion as she came down on him, the lightning induced blade of hers flipped in her hand to point the blade out towards her pinky as the piercing blade again stabbed straight through a ribcage to cut short a life. Considering the injury the other guard had received, she intended to leave him alive. Granted, all the witnesses to the very public execution would serve directive of having the murder be seen, a feature that had increased the profit margins for her, but a cruel since of punishment made her want to live the crippled guard's heart still beating.

Her one eye, the other being covered by a patch, turned away from the image of the now dead bodyguard and to the newcomer to the seen, one of the only men fighting their way into a place where everyone else seemed to be fleeing. The kunoichi bounced herself off quickly enough to avoid the massive black blade as it hammered down on wooden floorboard, ricocheting herself off the ceiling before landing at an isosceles vector opposite to the intruder and the apex of where she had pushed off of the ceiling, not far off of the dripping hole left by the failed water jet.

As she stood up the tanto blade quickly disappeared into the sash behind her, though her lightning charged weapon remained. It was the stronger of her two chakra natures, and the one she most relied on. If she wasn't so concerned with making money, she might actually take more time to train up the Katon chakra she hadn't fully realized yet. "Another guard? You're master's already dead, so I guess you want to join him. Let's see if you'll fair better than the two I sized up earlier. Shingan" [Mind's Eye] Her now free hand rose in a concentration sign directly in front of her eyepatch. Call it cheating, but she always liked to gauge an opponent before engaging one, like she had done from behind the curtain earlier. "Raiton and Suiton. And your chakra's black, odd but nothing special." She wasn't going to let the strange chakra color phase her. Instead, her main focus was on the Suiton element. It's why she elected to kill the other guard the man's slash came down by, sense her own underdeveloped Katon was inferior to it. However, the one she let live had been working on a Doton release, something she was overconfident against.

Asuka took off to the side, headed back towards the stage. First she jumped onto a tabletop before leaping onto the elevated ground and launching off a barrage of three shuriken at the swordsman who butted in. A direct attack was pointless given the differences in the size of their swords. His range was much more extended than hers in close combat, and besides, all she had to do was make it to the door and make good her escape. Further fighting was pointless, and could only serve to increase the cost the mission took up compared with the payday she had waiting for her, and she hated having red on her ledger.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Keiichi didn't have any mind's eye voodoo crap nor some magical ability to read the opponent's power-levels but he still had a pair of good but perfectly normal eyes and experience to fall back-on. He was never the smartest tool in the shed but when it came to fighting even he was at least decent, if not good at judging an opponent...not that he ever needed it since he always far outmatched his prey with raw physical power and skill.

The way she avoided the blade alone spoke volumes for what kind of fighter she was, swift, nimble and agile. Her mobility coupled with a what seemed to be a lightning infused sword, and one she seemed to at least know how to use quite well, made her an interesting opponent, had they met in different circumstances...he'd still want to crush her to a bloody pulp but then he would be more aggressive instead holding back so not to kill her like he was doing.

As she focused on her ability to learn more about him, Keiichi lifted his large sword and buried the tip on the destroyed floor under it, lazily dropping his chin on the hand-guard and putting his weight on the large hunk of what could only be described as hard black leather which composed the blade of his sword, it was an awkward position but not like he gave a damn.

"Couldn't give a shit about that tub of lard...but you just cost me a lot of by killing him and that I'm not too thrilled about."

He casually spoke to her with a bored tone, yet it carried more malice than if he had been shouting angrily at her. She then mumbled something about his chakra which he clearly didn't care enough to listen, not like she seemed to be listening to him anyway, and then started moving again, this time heading for the backstage area trough the stage.

She was fast, much faster than him but it wasn't impossible to catch up to her, it was a matter of being faster in a short distance for a short time, running speed could have nothing to do with it. He quickly pulled up on the sword's hilt taking it out of the ground and lifting the hulking black sword with ease to block all three shuriken with a single sweep. A Level Two Miyo would be more than enough he thought as a concentrated dose of black chakra was injected into his legs, greatly increasing their strength. And then almost as if mimicking her dodge from before he shot up toward the ceiling, slamming his feet on it with enough force enough to crack it, and then shooting down toward the stage where he landed right in her path. His landing posture was somewhat feral looking, almost landing on all fours save for the right hand holding the large black sword over his back.

"Why are you running? All I what to know is who your employer is so I can make both you and him pay me back the money you just cost me."

He spoke up to her with a fanged smile but was still readying himself for an attack, his empowered legs arched, reading for a full force charge toward her and his sword hand gripping the hilt tightly to swing the large thing should he need to.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Asuka suddenly stopped as wildly man blocked her route to the backstage, and with it her most direct route to a quick escape. Stepping back some, and holding her own black sword ready at the hip in the hand furthest behind her, the lightning surrounding the blade died down with a small crackle as her one red eye pierced at the man while her other kept watch for a surge of chakra should she need to defend herself. There was distain in her sight, though it was easy to tell that was her natural expression.

"Mine's not exactly the kind of work you take business cards in. As long as the ryou's right, I couldn't care less who I work for. But you're a d*&n fool if you think you'll get charity from me." She wasn't about to give up a cent. Almost everything she did was motivated by money, the overall endgame of which being unknown. "Fact is, you and I both served to profit from that corpse, I just beat you to it! Fighting you though doesn't earn me any extra, not unless you've got a bounty I can collect on?" Her grip on her sword tightened at the thought. It might just be easier to decapitate the lot of them and check the bingo book later, though she'd never really consider the effort without knowing the prize. Gotta be sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

"You want my employer? Pay me double and I'll sell them to you. Otherwise, get the Hell out of my way!" It wasn't a serious proposition. The swordsman would be a true fool if he took it given that he only wanted the beneficiary of Asuka's work for extortion in the first place, so paying out for a pay off was just bad business. Her hand spun her blade, slipping it into the back of the sash on her waist, though her palm didn't leave the end of its hilt. "What's it going to be, Skippy?"
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 am

When the woman finally put her weapon away that was when Keiichi relaxed a bit. He moved the heavy blade in front of him and buried the tip on the catwalk so the sword would remain in an upright position, he wasn't leaving an opening, rather he was far better protected should she decide to attack as he only needed to duck behind the large blade and most of his body would be protected from any attack. Regardless, despite the bounty line something told Keiichi that she wasn't really planning on attacking, at least not head-on. Besides, he was starting to like her.

"Haaaaaa I like you, I really, really like you! And mind you, I usually hate people."

He was being quite honest, from the beginning he seemed to at the very least not instantly hate her, the fact that she was hot and knew how to kill a guy while still looking hot may have had something to do with it. But there was something else, the way she moved, acted and talked just seemed to sit well with him for some odd reason.
He took a deep breathe and moved his head over the hilt of the sword, placing his chin on the pummel while his right arm lazily hung over the other side of the blade in yet another awkward pose.

"You got a good eye, you got great moves and I like the way you think...plus you're a fine piece of ass so you get a few points from that alone. But how about I make you a much different proposition? I got no real beef with you, you're doing your job and you did it quite nicely, can't blame a girl for earning her next meal. And the guy that hired you...well there's other ways of finding out who he is so I'm not really worried about that."

Considering Guuro's reputation and the location of his establishment it wouldn't be hard to come up with a list of people willing to pay to have him killed, even knowing that he was under the protection of several gangs and organization. Keiichi wasn't too sure if she knew but the fact that she took out Guuro would make her a prime target for a few of those groups whether she liked it or not. Besides, whoever was paying for the job would likely want to take her out to reduce the chance of being found out...Keiichi would in their shoes.

"What you just did just put a major bullseye on your back, bet your employer didn't tell you that juicy tidbit. The reason Guuro's security was shit wasn't just because he was a dumb cheapskate but because nobody would dare do anything to him thanks to his other...protection. Now, I can fix your little problem and make you rich all at the same time. Join my group, I'll keep you safe."

To be honest Karasu no Ha wasn't the most selective of groups, they basically accepted anyone that wanted to join which in turn made it more dangerous than one would think. The group's area of influence was larger than one would expect a simple gang to have and within that area anyone could be a potential member, this scared the other gangs and yakuza, especially considering that unlike other groups there were no markings, colors or tattoos identifying their allegiance to the gang. But there's always a downside to such a group, while the numbers were impressive, the actual level of fighting was quite sad in comparison. Most members were average teenage and young adults with little fighting experience or just used to simple street fights, sure they were useful when dealing with normal people but whenever ninjas were concern only a select few could handle themselves. Aside from the small group of genin, Karasu no Ha only really had a handful of members that could fight actual threats and be called real killers and that included Keiichi.

"As you can see my group doesn't exactly have the strongest muscle nor the brightest of minds..."

He pointed behind Asuka to the two that came in with Keiichi. Despite the fact that their boss had been fighting an unknown enemy they seemed quite distracted, one was busy drinking the left-over booze on the tables while the other was almost drooling as he couldn't keep his eyes off the female assassin's behind.

"And what I need are people like you. If you want money, I'll get you money...help me out with my plans and pretty soon the cash you'll get from this job and the bounty you'd get from my head will be nothing but chump-change."

Introducing Stardust in Hebiheki was just one part of the big picture. Keiichi already had a plan that would eventually allow him to completely dominate the area and for that he needed to take care of some people in other organizations, a job that would require people with actual skill rather than the brain-dead bunch associated with the gang.

"Tell you what, you go get your money from your client and think about my proposition. I'll have one of my boys stick around the bridge at the south-east edge of town for the next week, he'll have a crow somewhere on his clothes. If you decide that you like the offer then find him and he'll take you to us, if not then I just wasted one of my boys' time. Oh and here's a little incentive to put you on the right track."

He took out something from the pouch around his waist and dropped it at Asuka's feet, revealing it to be a thick stack of notes, enough money to keep a family of 5 well fed for more than a few months...but nothing compared to the money he would make in the coming weeks.
With that he picked up his sword and simply walked past the assassin, hitting his underlings on the back of the head to snap them out of it before leaving the joint.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Finding out who she was working for would be easier than even what the man thought, it usually was when anyone important died. Just loo to whoever stood to gain the most. Though in this case all you'd have to do is look to whoever's gloating at the funeral. There was a reason why Asuka had kept Guuro's face intact, to be sure it'd be an open casket. Personally, Asuka couldn't care less if he wanted to stake out the place for a prize of his own, just so long as she got paid first.

Reflexively, her hand slid down the diagonal leaning hilt of her sword and gripped it firm once more at the man's comment on her ass. Deadlier still, was she look she shot him. Cold like lightning and almost so intense that a spark flared off her black-red eyes. There wasn't anything like sweet talk with a girl like her, not unless if you're talking money, which lucky for him that's where the subject quickly turned. She didn't let go of her blade, merely let up on her digits so that only the palm of her hand was grazing it.

"What makes you think I need protecting. I'm used to this kind of work, and I know how to disappear." She said with a flick of her head that caused the messy raven hair to shift. "Get to the point already." She wasn't being paid to listen to long, boring speeches.

When he pointed to his henchmen, Asuka turned to see what he meant. For her, however, it was a little more than a turn of the head given her sensory eye was constantly covered by the patch. She shifted her whole frame, giving to the swordsman a view of what she was like from the side to allow her good eye to look at the goons while not dropping her guard on the only one of the three that was a threat. The look she shot off at the dope that had been staring at her backside seemed to have much more of an effect than the white-haired fella. There was a twitch in her ear closest to the swordsman that brought her full attention back to the man. It didn't matter to her how much she hated a person, as long as she was getting paid. Of coarse, she usually liked to know more about what a job entailed before contractualizing anything.

Her toe kicked under the wad and tossed it up vertically so that the hand that had been placed on Asuka's sword could swipe in front of her and catch ahold of the bonus. Her thumb pressed against the edge of the folded cash, flipping through it to get a rough guess of how much it was.

"Don't go getting high hopes. Like I say, I'm good at disappearing."

She was left there standing as perhaps the only woman that had ever been alone atop that catwalk, her only company the two corpses she had earlier created, and a few digits that had been left behind.
Poison on your lips
Love

Return to Townships and Cityscapes