Just Business [ Ryuuchi ]

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Just Business [ Ryuuchi ]

PostPosted by Love » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

A figure in black cloak approached a bridge spanned across a small stream of flowing water. The getup might have seemed odd were it a sunny day, but befitting for a traveler preparing for what looked like rainclouds building in the sky, ever so often emboldened by the clap of thunder in the distance.

The rainclouds were good for one other thing than just helping with a disguise. As per the norm with such things of the heavens, they kept the number of people out and about down to a bare minimum. Anyone not doing anything important enough to be out when a storm hits tended to batten down the hatches to let it pass without alarm.

That seemed to be what a man who had been standing on the bridge wished to do as he turned back towards a town and pulled up the blue and gray hood attached to his shirt. The clouds pattern that started on the hood trailed down into further swirls all the way to half the side of the chest, and out of it continued into a pattern of crows seemingly flying out of the grayscale weather.

"You wouldn't be leaving your post now, would you?" The cloaked woman spoke at the center of the bridge just as the man stepped foot off of it, causing a shiver to run down his spin from guilt. "I got told I'd have a full week, and here it's only been three days." When he turned around to face her she was able to confirm with two eyes the pattern she thought she had seen on approach. "Yep, crows."

"Then your who the boss has been...?"

A gloved hand pulled back the cloak to reveal fully the head hidden beneath. While certain things, such as the raven hair, seamed similar enough, even those features were different enough as it was much neater and tightly pulled back than the hair that had been worn in the middle of a nearly abandoned strip club wherein a murder had transpired. By now the crime had made printed news posts, and her pockets were lined a bit thicker. However, other than the hair there were more differences than similarities to focus on. Her face was less diamond in shape and more oval. Eyes were purely black, and most notably both were exposed whereas one had been before.

"Hey wait a minute, you're supposed to have an eyepatch. I got told you'd have an eyepatch and a temper." He said with his finger pointed out as he had gotten closer to inspect the woman more thoroughly.

The gloved hand shot out form within the cloak again to grip ahold of the finger and twist it into a submission hold. "Don't want to believe me, that's fine. I'll take the cash I've already been payed as a donation and go on my way, then you get to find out what happens after you report back that you let me go by without so much a mention as to what jobs he had in mind."

She let go of the crow-wearing man's finger. "Now what's it gonna be?"
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

Re: Just Business [ Ryuuchi ]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Her intimidation worked wonders on the slow witted goon as he immediately lead her to their headquarters as per the boss' instructions. The Karasu no Ha's territory was by then medium sized at best within the city and surrounding areas, they were never a group focused on taking everything over, their objective was always destruction and chaos thus why they were known to often go into territories belonging just to cause a bit of mayhem and immediately leave. It's actually a miracle that the other groups have yet to band together to exterminate the annoying troublemakers in their backyards.

The main hang-out of the gang was oddly enough an old abandoned zoo on the edge of town. Though supposedly abandoned by the city and having been taken over by a gang of bests, it was actually quite clean and well kept, possibly even better than what it was when it was open years before, besides the obvious fact that mean looking gang members could be seen everywhere and anywhere just lazying around inside the premises. Though the members of the gang were known for not using any identifiable marks on them there seemed to be a group of people walking around in all white clothing while another smaller group wore mostly green. The white group was tasked with maintaining the zoo as well as taking care of and feeding the animals still in their cages, they were the lowest of the low in the gang called "Papers" by others and they were pretty much slaves to those above them. The ones in green were referred to as "Woods" and though above Papers in ranking they were still low ranking members tasked with keeping watch over Papers and the area.

Despite their reputation the Karasu no Ha was surprisingly organized, each member had a rank and the lower ranks had to obey those with higher ranks than them, yet not everyone could raise in ranks. Paper, Wood, Stone, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond were the rankings from lowest to highest with Paper, Wood and Stone being the newest and weaker members. Up to Silver, each member's own ranking was based on their strength and experience with Bronze being the largest group in size by far and containing the average delinquent with no special combat skills. Silver was reserved to those that either had above average combat skill, usually genins, or those that have proven themselves to be able to cause great chaos through other means. Gold was reserved to leaders, there were few Golds, around 20 or so, but each of them was not obligated to be great at fighting, instead they were chosen by their capability for leading those of lower ranks and coming up with great schemes. Platinums were the absolute top, only receiving orders from the leader referred to as Diamond. These guys were not just good fighters but killers with great skill making them rare within the group, being only five in total, and were allowed to act independently without receiving approval from the leader.

The goon took the assassin to what looked like the reptile house of the zoo. Inside there were various species of reptiles from snakes to lizards, but none of them were cute and cuddly looking in the least. As they walked through the halls the goon spotted someone standing in front of the snake pit with his face glued to the window that separated him from the hungry snakes. The man was tall and rather plain looking with no real distinguishing features aside from the tattoo on the back of his neck of a mouse caught in a rattrap. However upon noticing who it was the goon stopped and looked stressed, the guy noticing the only other two people in the hallway moved his face from the window and looked both up and down with a sleepy expression on his face. When he saw him looking the goon immediately straightened his back and made a great bow, his body actually making a 90º angle but the man ignored him simply looking at Asuka with his brown eyes. But after a few seconds he moved again, once again glueing his face to the window as if losing interest.
Noticing this the goon quickly signalled her to keep following him and rushed out of the area.

Finally they came upon a door, the goon knocked a few times and opened it upon hearing confirmation from the other side, the inside was actually a simple looking office room with desk and chair in the middle and various bookshelves filled with manga all over the walls. Keiichi was sitting comfortably on the chair with his legs on top of the desk and with a manga in his hands, casually reading the comic with a smile on his face as he seemed quite entertained by it. When they entered he quickly looked up from the book, bent the page he was on as if marking it and dropped it on the desk while removing his feet from it at the same time.

"I'll be honest, I was expecting you to wait the whole week before coming."

He said with a wide grin on his face toward the woman that had just entered the cramped office room. He casually walked around the desk and stopped in front of Asuka and the goon who he immediately signalled to leave, yet the goon seemed hesitant to do so.

"Boss...I...uh...Taka-san is in the hallway back."

Keiichi immediately realized what the problem was and let out a laugh.

"Just ignore him and he'll leave you alone. Now go before I'm forced to give you any more attention."

And right then and there all the fear the little goon had for the man named Taka was easily surpassed by the feeling of dread he got from the Boss...he didn't waste a second bowing and leaving through the hallway they came from.
Keiichi then turned to Asuka and signalled to her to leave the office with him as he was planning to head somewhere else with her.

"Sooo, what do you think of our little hang-out? Neat innit? Oh I'm sorry, I never gave you my name...though I'm sure you've already got that info, Sasaki Keiichi at your service."

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Love » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 pm

As she was led through the zoo, Asuka's black eyes examined the animals, though not the ones in cages. She took note of what the gang was made of, obviously telling that anyone here was affiliated. It wasn't like they were zoo-goers, not with how there wasn't a single family among them. A caged monkey leapt up and screamed towards were as it hung off the bars, though she didn't so much as flinch as she keep down her path, an almost disappointed look on the primate's face as she moved passed.

In the dimmer hallway and the presences of the first stranger that looked in anyway to be distinguishable from the rest, Asuka's false eyes met a glass with the brown ones of the man that outsized her before looking over to what he had been so fixated on a moment earlier. At least snakes were a good choice of creature, even if most people that liked them seemed a little obsessive, which was one of the vibes she picked up on from the otherwise docile man.

"I don't tend to stick around one place that long." While there was something to be said for being fashionably late, she wasn't a patent person enough to wait around a whole week before moving onto the next job. That was more so true in anyplace she had just profited off of. She normally made it a point to get out of a place before wanted posts went up. As the man dealt with his subordinate, Asuka trailed off to the sidewall and one of the bookshelves, not even bothering to check permission before picking up one of the comic novels and causing its pages to flap as her gloved thumb zipped along the edge. For someone that could handle a sword, she had never expected the man to be so immature.

She tossed the book back on the shelf before following Keiichi out of the odd office and back into the reptile exhibit. "Charmed," Her normal crass tone carried with the word robbing a little of its' meaning. "Though as far as the set-up goes, it's got character. Hold up a sec," Asuka said stopped in front of a lizard tank mounted into the wall. "I gotta get out of this skin before going forward."

Her hand rose and gripped the shoulder of the cloak on the opposite side of her. In a fluid motion, she ripped the black garb off of her, and for a moment it obscured her form. Tossing it away in the air behind her, as the cloak moved passed her the black-eyed, tied haired woman that had been before him was replaced the figure he had met with three days prior. Even her clothing had switched back to the original, right down to the gloves being replaced with her normal bracers without so much as a puff of summoning smoke. Appropriately, the tank she had stopped by had in it a lizard that was in the midst of shedding its skin.

Her head tilted and there was an audible crack in her neck. "Much better. Asuka, and that doll there was Kokoro, picked her up in Kasai awhile back." She briefly explained the change in her appearance as she started walking again. "Shall we?" She wanted to get down to business now that she was back in her own flesh and blood again.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:14 pm

To be honest the first time Keiichi saw her, or at least saw the doll she seemed to be controlling, he was about ready take his sword and run it through her chest but thankfully for both parties involved her ever so delightful personality stopped him as he figured it must have been some kind of disguise she was using to avoid pursuers and the likes. As he lead her through the halls screams could be heard from behind them, far in the distance, around the place where Asuka and the goon had come from...Keiichi ignored them as he knew a certain someone had gotten a hold of the sad fool.

"Right...I'll go with the short version."

There was no point in wasting time with explanations, he could have started by explaining how the gang's rankings worked and all that but it was never really a secret to begin with which meant she probably already knew about it all well enough for him to jump straight to the point.

"If you accept, you'll be joining my little group with the rank of Obsidian, it's a special rank we give certain members we either don't know yet or have special circumstances. There's only one other Obsidian, though for different reasons than yours, I believe you've already met him."

He said with a grin, obviously referring to the man named Taka. Obsidian wasn't a rank anyone really recognized aside from the Platinums, mostly due to the fact that the rank contained only one member who was treated as a Platinum by all the lower ranks anyway. The reasons for Taka being labeled an Obsidian were also much different than the ones for Asuka as he had Keiichi's complete trust in him, it was his personality with all its quirks that granted him such a position.

"Obsidians get nearly as much money as a Platinum, our highest ranks, though they can't act independently and get the dirtiest and hardest jobs...thus why we need capable people for it. You'll answer only to me, but I expect you to follow my orders to the letter."

Economically things were quite simple within the gang as the higher ranks received a cut of all the earnings the lower ranks made, be it through legal or illegal means. It also served as an incentive for the lowest ranks to work hard so they can raise in rank and start actually getting money instead of giving it all away. The only ones that only got paid and have to given nothing back to the gang were the Platinum ranks however they were also the ones bringing in the most money with their major planning and scheming.

"As for how much you'll get paid at first, I'll introduce you to someone that handles those things later, I ain't good with numbers anyway. But every Platinum is capable of living in luxury without even lifting a finger. And trust me, money will get even more ridiculous once we're done with our little expansion project."

Once Stardust hit the "market" fully things would skyrocket with the money each member would get increasing significantly. Things would get even better if they manage to take out the rival groups and takeover their territories, which was one of the reasons why Asuka was being recruited to begin with.
If her goal was really just money without caring for the means of which she'd get it then this was most certainly the most profitable job she'd ever manage to get.

"If you agree, you'll start tomorrow...I already have a mission waiting. What do you say?"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Sheesh, he liked the sound of his own voice. Were it not for the eyepatch again covering her dominant eye, a noticeable twitch in her eyelid would have crossed her face. Other than the greed, she was a very impatient person, but after all, time is money. "Call it what you will, but what I consider it is being a freelancer that's just working up some steady business. You can't blame a girl for wanting to settle in every once and awhile, even if this area's already stigmatized given that last job." She said with a hand on her hip. Typically, she'd be long gone from this place by now. That was her norm. You do a job in the Land of Stone, then you move on to the Land of Snow, and so on and so forth. In between it all you steal and pillage anything you need or want just so long as it doesn't create a trail to keep any attention on you.

"The gritty work isn't an issue, I've a wide array of skills. However, simply put, I don't agree to any job without coming to terms on a price tag. I couldn't give a rat's ass who I work for, but what I work for is plain as day." She didn't care at all for rank or title. Even were she promoted to second in command, power meant nothing to her without profit. While that might make her seem to be motivated by the same Papers and Woods at the bottom rungs on the totem pole, there was a key difference between Asuka and the gang members Keiichi was accustomed to. She never squandered or spoiled. Whereas most tended to spend earnings the moment they touch hand, or even lapped in luxury like the Platinums that were just described, Asuka never seemed to spend a dime of what she earned. If she needed something, she usually just stole it no matter how cheap.

"However, let's make two things clear upfront. I'll follow orders. Every job's got conditions that get to be set by whoever's forking out the dough, but I'm nobody's lapdog! My allegiance only goes so as the cash. That stay's good, and you'll find me very agreeable." By this point, the small bit of chakra she sent into her neck scarf had caused one of the ends of it to rise and meet her at head level. The tip of it didn't look all too far off from one of the reptilian beasts locked away in this place, looking something like a fabric dragon that she supported the chin of her the ends of her first two fingers. Her head was facing towards the creature like it were a pet. "Don't think for a moment I'm here for anything else, or that I won't betray you if the competition makes me a better offer." She turned back towards Keiichi with the last bit. He seemed smart enough not to trust her. It's why she wouldn't be acting independently under the structure of the gang, and why she'd be given the deadliest jobs. Ultimately, were so long as she even takes out a few of the higher ranks of the clan's rivals, even were she to die herself, Keiichi's gang would be no different then the day before these two crossed paths on that catwalk. It was a smart play on his part, one that Asuka didn't let slip her mind.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 am

A smart play that wasn't exactly his own, at least not completely. Not that Keiichi wasn't smart enough to think for himself and run the group efficiently but the real brains behind most of Karasu no Ha's moves was someone else and none other than a Platinum, she was the one that set up the major moves they had done and the ones to come...but that wasn't something Asuka needed to know, not that she would care about it anyway.

"I'm fine with that...I doubt you'll get a better offer elsewhere anyway. Plus, if you do turn on us I can have all sorts of fun playing with you."

It wasn't something he was really worried about, not just because they had the financial security to keep her on the payroll but because just thinking of having a real fight with Asuka was actually sending chill up and down his spine, the good kind of chills you get from listening to a masterpiece or in Asuka's case, seeing a large mound of money...he figured.

Suddenly Keiichi came to a full stop signaling Asuka to stop as well and released a big and audible sigh, the reason for it being the puddle of blood on the ground in front of the snake tank. The Reptile House had a hallway shaped like a "Q" and it wasn't that big so while they started walking in the opposite direction of the one Auka had come from, they still eventually arrived at the snake tank where Asuka had first met with Taka.
And speaking of Taka, the young man now sat inside the snake tank, on the other side of the same window he had his face glued on before, while wearing the same clothes as those of the gang member that taken Asuka to the boss. Though despite being surrounded by a great number of snakes, Taka just sat where with his legs crossed while looking at an ordinary rock in his hands.

"See why we can't trust him with anything?"

Keiichi said pointing to Taka with his thumb before continuing to walk, stepping over the puddle of blood as if it was water.

"Anyway, the details to the job will be given to you tomorrow, the plan's already all set up so we just need people to execute it perfectly. But I can tell you one thing, two people will be joining you, no complaints, its both to keep an eye on you and to help out with the plan."

To be perfectly honest the main reason was just to keep an eye on her as the plan could be done with just one other person on the "team" but SHE thought it would be best to send out two capable people instead of just one in case Asuka wasn't like I'm a moron in her claim of "I'll only follow the money". A Platinum would be needed to accompany her and while even Golds were easy to find as they were a dime-a-dozen, Platinums were a bit too precious to just throw them into the riskiest situations with a high chance of death should things turn sour.

"Ok first, I have two people I want you to meet."

They stopped in front of the only other room inside of the Reptile House, aside from his "office", and he opened the door to reveal two people inside. The first was an orange haired man with a green fur-coat and very sharp teeth that were busy tearing the flesh of a raw piece of steak with incredible ease and had a large assorted of foods on the table in front of him. The other was a short girl with red twintails and a white frilly dress, she looked no older than 10 despite being around 15 already and was busy talking to the guy that was eating.

"Shou, Miki...where the hell is Queen?"

Keiichi asked, finally gaining the attention of the two inside the room, though the guy went straight back to eating his large quantities of food. The girl on the other hand stood up, walked toward Keiichi and bowed her head giving him a smile at the end.

"Queen was here until twenty minutes ago but then she said something about dying in 5 hours so she had to seize the day and went off to find someone to share her last moments with."

The girl's tone was a bit annoying thought it didn't seem to bother Keiichi in the least. She spoke in a polite manner and carried a smile the whole time but it was just something about the way she said things that didn't sit well with people, like she was provoking and taunting others while at the same time putting them down...it was actually impressive how she managed to do that so easily in a conversation.

"Wonderful, Taka's killing our guys left and right while Queen's screwing the rest. Asuka, I wanted to introduce you to one of your partners for tomorrow but she's busy. Never mind, you'll get to know each other tomorrow. Now, this is Miki the other one I wanted to introduce to you, she's a Gold but she also handles most of our money...the girl's a genius with numbers even if she does get on your nerves the longer you talk to her. She'll tell you all you want to know about how much money you'll be getting."

The girl made a short bow toward Asuka when Keiichi introduced her, repeating her own name to the assassin and giving her the same innocent, yet strangely annoying smile as the one she gave Keiichi. The Boss on the other hand took out a piece of paper and handed it to Asuka.

"Be here at 9:30 pm tomorrow."

The place in the paper was an old abandoned factory building on the edge of town right in the territory of one of the gang's rivals, the Kobayakawa Family.

"I'm gotta go meet someone. Feel free to walk around the place after talking to Miki if you want, she can show you around the place if you don't feel the urge to kill her after your chat. Later."

He gave Asuka a half-assed wave and started walking back the way they came but after a few steps he stopped and turned his head slightly back, flashing her a fang filled grin and speaking a few words before leaving for good.

"Oh yea, welcome to the family."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 pm

As Asuka sidestepped the blood puddle her eye turned another look at the man now seated in the snake's cage following a change of attire. She was halfway tempted to use her "good" eye on him, though even that wouldn't help her tell if it was all some kind of act, or if the man really was a catatonic. She had a feeling though that she'd find out eventually if she stuck around here long enough.

As she was led passed the snake's tank for a second time that day, the livid serpentine scarf of hers looked back before dropping limp like normal fabric again. "Send whomever you like, so long as they don't get in the way." She wouldn't be expecting anything less, especially not on the first mission. The main difference between this group, Karasu no Ha, and all the other employers she's had over the years was that they weren't necessarily incapable. Most of her business came from people with no skill of their own, but with pocket books fat enough to get the unsavory tasks they wanted done accomplished. While she couldn't say much for the lower rungs, especially not the two bumbling idiots that had accompanied Keiichi three days back, at least the man she was following and the one currently cuddling up with snakes seemed competent enough, at least from what limited interaction she's seen thus far, where they didn't have to rely on others to see things be put in motion.

A blood vessel nearly popped on her template at the introduction of the girl being their main accountant, though it was a good thing it didn't since it probably would have only given an appetizer to the silent man scarfing his face on bloodied beef. The strict woman took the strip of paper between two of her fingers and slipped it into her robes without so much as inspecting it first. She really didn't care at all to know the meeting place till she talked numbers, even if the one she'd have to do that with was an annoying child.

"No worries on that, the kids life's got value as long as she's managing the money." She said as Keiichi passed her to exist out. After he had gone she shared another look between the two she had been left with. "Tsch...family. He acts like there's going to be a company picnic at the end of the week."

"You there, girl." Asuka said as she turned and flicked a finger in a beckoning twitch to a side of the table she was walking towards. Once at a chair she pulled it out and spun it on a single leg so that back of it was facing out so that when she sat down backwards her legs were to either side of the raised wood bars, on the top of which she folded and sat her arms. "I've never formally accepted boss-boy's offer, so I need to know if showing up tomorrow's even worth my while."

Once the business was settled, Asuka left out the room without so much as goodbyes. She wasn't be paid for her manners, and if you wanted civility a gang was the last place to go looking. Anyone that tailed her would be sourly disappointed as all she amounted to was lounging out to smoke her Kiseru in a tree found in one of the habitats as the rain came in from the storm she had seen on the horizon before making it to the bridge. The rain would make it difficult for sharpening her elements given their natures, not that she was going to openly display such things in an environment she still didn't thoroughly trust.

The rain, which had stopped by the start of the next day, had one more annoyance to share as it made the ground wet across the city, though she was really only concerned about the turf surrounding the factory she had been instructed to at present. She was 10 minutes early. As with the rendezvous at the bridge, if she was going to come at all, she was going to come early.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 pm

When Asuka arrived the meeting place she was spotted by tall man with brown hair a blue bandanna on his head who immediately took out a kunai from a bag on his belt, however upon closer inspection he seemed to recognize her, put the blade away and greeted her with a respectful bow. His name was Rintarou, a Silver with genin level ninja training and he lead the new Obsidian, Asuka, through the old factory toward a room in the back. Upon arrival he knocked and only opened the door after receiving confirmation from inside.

"Yer early..."

Keiichi greeted her but did not get up from the old couch he had been dozing off on for the past hour or so. There was also something slightly off about him as unlike previous meetings with Asuka where he was in quite cheerful and in a good mood, he appeared very grumpy and on edge about something.

"Shizuha, explain the plan to her. Is Queen here yet?"

He first spoke to a middle-aged woman sitting by a window reading a book, she in no way looked like a member of any gang, instead she looked more like a strict school teacher with her brown hair up in a bob and thin glasses, plus the white blouse, black skirt and high heels didn't help.
On the other hand the question was directed to Rintarou who stood by the door but shook his head as a reply before heading back to his guard post.

Keiichi gave a single long hard look at Asuka, checking her out from head to toe and then closed his eyes as if resuming his nap.
In the meantime Shizuha had closed her book and approached Asuka, making a respectful bow to the obviously younger female and introducing herself.

"I am the Gold member referred to as Shizuha, it's a pleasure Obsidian-sama."

She did not refer to Asuka by name but rather by position. Within Karasu no Ha all those above silver have a fake name or are referred to by a nickname with only the Platinums having access to their real names for safety reasons, the only exceptions were Taka, Keiichi and two other Platinums who seemed to have no problem telling others their names.
Shizuha was no fighter but she had an incredible ability for coming up with effective strategies, to the point where instead of joining the gang out of her own initiative she was sought after and recruited by one of the platinums. She was also the one that helped create the plan for Asuka's first job in the gang.
The woman gestured toward a table and proceeded to sit down, inviting Asuka to join her before explaining the plan.

"The objective is to eliminate the Kobayakawa's second-in-command. We will make it look like the Kobayakawa Family is being attacked by a rival group, the Gokiburi, with the main attack serving as a diversion for the assassination of this man, Shindou Hayato."

As Shizuha spoke she took out a large sheet of paper with the basic layout of what looked to be a three story high japanese style mansion, the yakuza family's main house, and placed the photo of an elderly looking man over one of the room on the third floor.

"We're eliminating Shindou and not the leader of the family because he..."

She tried to explain the reason for picking such a target but was soon interrupted by Keiichi who spoke up without even opening his eyes.

"She doesn't care about that, stick to telling her the plan."

Shizuha was somewhat surprised for a moment when her boss spoke up, shattering her cold and emotionless expression for a bit, but she quickly regained it.

"Yes sir, my apologies."

What Shizuha was about to explain to Asuka was that Hayato Shindou was the man actually pulling the strings within the Kobayakawa family. Having been the advisor to the previous head, Hayato gained so much influence within the family that he could very easily overthrow the current head but won't due to respect for his old friend, the previous head. The current head was actually a foolish and hotblooded young man who reached the seat of power long before he should, yet his lack of intellect has proven useful for Hayato when it came to controlling his decisions. Hayato was also the reason why the family had yet to proclaim open war on anyone, much to the chagrin of the current head, as he always felt that going to war with another group would be in no way beneficial, win or lose.
If Hayato Shindou were to be assassinated during a surprise attack by a rival gang, the current head would have nothing to stop him from declaring all out war on that gang which would in turn cripple both of them quite severely.

"Queen-sama will lead a force disguised as members of Gokiburi through the front gates and gain their attention. Meanwhile you and Sasaki-sama will disguise yourselves as members of Gokiburi as well and infiltrate the house trough this window on the second floor that will be left open by one of our members on the inside. Both of you will make your way to this room and assassinate the target."

She paused for a second to let Asuka take in all the information and took out two more photos putting them next to Shindou's own photo.

"Sasegawa Homura and Ogawa Ichiro, they are Shindou's bodyguards and the family's best fighters. They are very skilled but we know little about their abilities and just how strong they really are, except for the fact that Ogawa Ichiro seems to process some kind of object that removes genjutsu in a given area. While it's not necessary to kill them, you'll have a tough time getting to Shindou without taking them on first. Not only that but if there are no other witnesses in the room you'll have to keep one of them alive as it is imperative that they have credible witness that can identify you as members of Gokiburi."

The job was actually a bigger pain in Keiichi's ass than it would be in Asuka's, her face and abilities were still relatively unknown to the gangs so she could go all out as she pleased but Keiichi was the opposite, everyone knew his face and most of his abilities were well known and easily identifiable so he'd have to fight while relying solely on his ninja training.

But then there was a knock on the door again, however unlike before Keiichi did not give out permission to open, instead he sat up and looked toward Asuka, giving her a few words of advice.

"Listen, whoever you see walk through that door...just remember that it isn't real. Don't do anything stupid."

He finally gave his permission and the door slowly opened, revealing who was on the other side. The three people inside the room would immediately perceive different people standing by the door.

Shizuha saw an old woman with grey hair. Almost immediately after seeing her, tears surfaced on her eyes completely breaking away the stern and cold expression like before and making her look away with her hand over her mouth.
Keiichi saw a young woman with long green hair. He showed no reaction.

And whoever Asuka would see would be the most beloved person in her life, be him/her dead or alive, a fresh or forgotten memory. Not just looks but voice, smell, chakra and even their aura would be exactly the same.
But it was all an illusion, one created by the one refereed to as Queen. Her jutsu was a secret passed down through her clan that altered people's perception of the user at will using the target's own memories, even those they believe to have forgotten. Queen can pretty much take the form of anyone the victim of her genjutsu has met throughout their lives, even a bystander on the street they saw for a split second, she also had great control of who she's perceived as and during her first meetings with someone she sadistically liked to take the form of those they loved the most to see their reactions. Only those with special perception abilities or extremely keen senses, like Keiichi, could tell that the person standing before them was a fake, but even then some can't help but have part of them feel like it's the real one. Keiichi remained unaffected simply because the person he saw was someone he was with nearly every day, or else even he would fall for the trick.
Worst even is the fact that the genjutsu can never really be dispelled, even if someone breaks the illusion the user simply takes one a new form using memories of someone else. Only a handful of people have ever seen the real Queen, one of them being Keiichi.

"Hello."

Queen greeted everyone in the room, everyone would hear the same voice as the person they saw but not only that, they the way they spoke, moved and even the words themselves would come out just like how it was imprinted into the victim's memories. It was a perfect copy, even if it was all just an illusion.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 pm

"Likewise, I'm sure." It was the same sarcastic tone she had greeted Keiichi with yesterday. Asuka didn't really care for all the introductions. Names didn't mean much to a wanderer that had kept herself moving for so long, nor did she generally have a sense of manners to her. The only thing that kept her actual sentiments from bubbling over was cold professionalism that cared only for seeing a job through.

She joined Shizuha at the table, taking a seat on the corner of it not covered by the map. This made her have to contort her spine so that she could turn and face the depiction of the traditional style mansion, but even that felt good given the number of stiff discs it loosed back up. She wasn't quite one for morning stretches or anything. Asuka focused on what she was being told, thankful only that Keiichi butted in to have the boring parts left out. She cared about the requirements of the tasks she was getting paid for, but she couldn't care less about any of the grand objectives. The symbolism of whatever this assassination meant was completely lost on her since you didn't have to know who a man was to be able to extinguish the life from within him.

The only comment she made was done so in the pause before the introduction of the guards. "Had I known of this yesterday I would have liked to pick up some supplies for a frame job." She wasn't talking about tools or trinkets. Keiichi could probably tell it, but with her ability to confiscate bodies she could have gone window shopping for a legitimate Gokiburi to pin it all on. Still, the forethought in the plan wasn't lost on her. As an unknown, Asuka wasn't exactly traceable back to any one particular gang, and her fighting styles, mannerisms, and abilities were still her own, so she didn't really have anything to hide other then what she cared to herself. The switch to a different face didn't make the worse sense in the world since the whole point was to leave a witness. However, none of the other bodies she had collected, including Kokoro's, had the kind of raw ability she needed for all of her arsenal. The Kasai-nin may match Asuka well in body type and elements, but the clan abilities of the Sammael made it impossible to knead chakra for ninjutsu while in that form.

Asuka jumped off the table and placed a hand on her hip once the knock came to the door. Had it not been for Keiichi's warning, she would have slashed down the person that walked through it instantly. Even with the warning, her hand drew back to her blade upon the sight of the young, auburn haired girl that entered the room. Without even moving her blood pressure shot up with the desirer to kill the illusionist that had chosen that form to show her. She was able, however, to break her hand off of her sword. Her visible eye shut as the hand that had touched the hilt rose up to place two fingers overtop her eyepatch so as to use her good eye to keep her sane.

Shingan

It didn't dispel the genjutsu, or reveal what Queen's true body looked like, but just turned everything into a blur of weak Katon chakra that made it so she didn't have to see the expression or figure of the illusion she had been presented with. She was starting to see why it was that she had been recruited for this mission. If that Ichiro guy really had some kind of gem that disabled genjutsu, it explained why Queen wasn't the one going into the building.

Even with her eye shut, she tilted her head over towards Keiichi. "This woman, when I'm done here, I'm going to kill her." It'd be one more thing than just the paycheck keeping Asuka around. She turned her head back towards the blur of the illusion."You, I do for free!"
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Asuka's reaction was pretty much what Keiichi had expected. When it came to people's reactions the first time they see Queen they either react aggressively, extremely shocked or simply puzzled but barely phased and Asuka seemed like she'd either be part of the first or last group.
On the other hand Shizuha and Rintarou, who was behind Queen, were shocked by her threat. Even if it was their first meeting it was still an Obsidian threatening a Platinum and even though they had heard that Obsidians were special cases within the group, they did not know if Obsidians could treat Platinums like equals much less threaten them. The surprise was such that their eyes immediately shifted toward Keiichi to see his take on the matter.

"Weeeelll, that's quite the reaction."

Queen spoke to Asuka before Keiichi even opened his mouth, taking a couple of steps from the doorway in Asuka's direction while carrying a grin on her face.

"Now I'm curious, what do I look like to you? A friend? A lover? How about...family? Alive or de..."

She did quite enjoy knowing what people saw when they look at her, Queen was unable to see the form others saw since even she saw herself as someone else but the bigger the reaction she got out the victims of her illusion the more curious she got about their personal connection and story. Sadly her interrogation was cut short by an already grumpy Keiichi.

"Enough..."

That single word coupled with a chilling glare was enough to make Queen close her mouth and take a few steps while holding her hands up in defeat, though the grin she had didn't vanish.
Slowly he stood up and signaled the man at the door to leave as he made his way between Asuka and Queen, just to make sure the assassin didn't have a change of heart about killing Queen later.

"What happens when I'm done needing the both of you is none of my concern...but if any of you mess up my plans over something stupid I'll make you wish I kill you. Are we clear?"

He asked both of them, giving out the same glares as the one from before but at least from Queen he only got an half-assed confirmation, like a little spoiled brat being told to do the shores.

"I don't want to see you using that face. And you're an hour late, it better have been worth it."

His words were directed at Queen, even though she was wearing a form he was quite used to the simple fact that he knew it was Queen behind that mask annoyed him greatly. As a response Queen scratched her head and released a sight as the form she had taken started to change before the eyes of those in the room into that of someone else. Queen took her most well known form, almost like a henge (though much more powerful) she could also take the form of someone she knew and projected it even if others didn't. Her new form was that of a tall and slender woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a black jacket over a red shirt and jeans with high-heels...a form nobody would really associate with that of a ninja, though it made it easier for allies to recognize her. There are plenty of rumors within Karasu no Ha about who that face belonged to but only Queen knows the truth.

"I got about twenty faces and a little extra. Looks like Gokiburi's got some internal problems and someone's trying to take the leader spot from Otonashi, the gang is pretty much divided into two groups now."

Gokiburi was one of the most recent gangs in the area, second only to Karasu no Ha however it didn't have nearly high a level of organization and the current leader was partially to blame. The gang was referred to as a color gang as they revolve their whole theme around a color which they made sure to display at all times, the color being yellow. Otonashi, the leader of Gokiburi, was a fool that only had eyes for money and used his members as stepping stones to achieve what he wanted, not that Keiichi was much different when it came to using his members but the difference was that unlike Otonashi he was both strong and charismatic enough to keep them all in check and smart enough to keep them happy.

"That's good, we can use that. If this goes well both groups will be heavily crippled. Let's suit up."

With that Queen waved her hand and left the room, she didn't exactly need to change her clothes and had something else to take care of. Keiichi on the other hand headed toward a corner of the room and picked up some yellow clothes, throwing a set in Asuka's direction. He then wasted no time getting undressed and putting on the yellow vest with a hoodie and a large cockroach stamped on the back, black pants with the kanji for cockroach on one leg and a black mask with two pincers designed it that covered the lower half of his face. It was the standard Gokiburi Enforcer gear that they managed to steal a few days before.

"Leave your blades with Shizuha, she'll keep them safe. Even though they ain't mine they are still black and I'm known for using black swords around here. They could link them to me and I don't want that."

He warned Asuka as he finished adjusting the new suit. Keiichi was known, much like his father, for using black weapons fashioned from his scales with his Shuraba, the huge sword, being the most well known example and aside from him few people used black weapons in that area. Should the witness they leave see the black weapons it could still be assumed that he was involved in some way and that could ruin the plan. While he spoke Shizuha picked up a large case and gently placed it on the ground close to Asuka and after removing the lid she revealed it to contain a nice assorted of blades of various shapes and sizes for Asuka to pick if she wanted.

Half an hour later Keiichi had lead Asuka to the roof of a nearby building, once they got there he quickly eliminated the guard stationed as a lookout on the roof by snapping his neck without making a sound and then signaled to her to wait for the signal. Before them was an old mansion, several lights could be seen both inside and outside with the outside ones wandering around, clearly being guards patrolling the area.

On the other side of the house, near the entrance stood a lone woman. Even though she stood right before the gate, the guards didn't even seem to notice her presence, another once of her illusions, the woman then smiled as she checked her watch and figured it was about time to start. As she made a string of handseals around ten guys dressed in all yellow made their way through the dark street toward the gate but once she was done those ten men had multiplied to over thirty. It was simple, Queen had previously "collected" faces by coming into visual contact with members of Gokiburi and then created illusions of those members in order to fake the attack, using some members of Karasu no Ha disguised as Gokiburi so the members of the yakuza family actually had someone real to fight with. It wasn't something that would last long but Keiichi had no intention of taking his time enjoying the sights.

Once the shouts began to be heard Keiichi knew it was time to go, he signaled to Asuka with his hand and pointed toward an open window on the second floor. He was going to let her take the lead, not only was she the expert assassin but he also wanted to see how she handled the situation.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 pm

"That's it!" Her eye shot open and the hand that had been covering her other one snapped back and ripped the sword off her waste preparing to drain dry the neck of the illusion to get down to the person beneath. Her arm only got half-raised back up before Keiichi intervened between them.

Locking eyes with him, she swallowed her pride with the thought of the payday. She'd endured worse missions before, though the gang didn't have enough to pay her not to kill Queen eventually. However, for now it would have to wait. "Crystal" While not returning the sword to her sash, her hand dropped lucid with the tip of the triangular blade pointed straight down and gently resting on the floor beneath.

At the very least, Asuka's tolerance for the woman rose some when her figure changed. However, the steel-eyed assassin pierced one last look at the woman as she existed the room before turning to catch the bundle of clothing that had been tossed at her. The wad of fabric stayed clutched as her good arm picked back up the weight of her blade off the ground only to be greeted with the case Shizuha had fetched. Crouching down over it, the pile of clothing hit the floor beside her feet as she carefully rested her main blade flat against the ground. Reaching back, she pulled out a tanto blade that closely matched it in properties. Shortly following the blades was her long pipe which would join them for safekeeping. The glare she gave to the teacherly woman was enough to tell what would happen should she not get her own blades back at the end of this masquerade.

From within the case she plucked out a cleaver and tossed it aside for later before collecting up the clothing and heading to the wall beside the table. Though she kept faced towards that wall, that was about as much modesty she had before disrobing to dawn the disgusting yellow tunic. The only thing she kept of hers was the red scarf, which was barely visible once tucked within the outfit, which reeked of whoever it had been taken from.

At the invitation she sprinted for the edge of the roof to send her flying the distance between it and the outer wall of the complex. Her landing was cushioned by the back of man seemingly running for the main entry, though who got no farther than to end up face down with her weight atop him. A quick jab of an open palm to the back of his head was followed by the crack of fractured spine.

The stunt did not go unnoticed by a man at ground level. However, before he could even call out after pulling free his katana Asuka had already made an irregular hand-sign and pointed it down like a snipper at the guard before continuing it over to another man stationed closer to the mansion who showed no sign moving for the battle commencing at the main gate. Both seemed to dead in thought for a moment before the Shinranshin no Jutsu [Mind Derangement Technique] made them drop their weapons where they stood before shlepping to the front lines unarmed.

Not only would this create some easy kills for the diversionary team, but it left the path to the opened window wide open, and opportunity Asuka did not waste before climbing through to end up in the interior of the structure. She hadn't waited up for Keiichi, but didn't move far from the point of entry before her hand was back up before her face as she looked in each direction the building had to offer, including straight up where to where she read the strongest of the signatures littered across the floors. "Looks like they're up where it was said they'd be." That was about as close as she'd come to a complement as far as the thoroughness of the initial information that had been gathered previous.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Keiichi followed her silently while observing how she dispatched the men, it was quite interesting. Instead of making a mess of things and eliminating all of them, she seemed to use some kind of jutsu on them, a genjutsu he assumed, that allowed her to control their minds and make the enemy move away unarmed, quite interesting indeed. Not only that but she seemed to have an ability that allowed her to check the location of their targets, not really surprising considering how she was capable of guessing not only his demon's black chakra but also his own chakra's elemental properties the first time they met, though it seemed like something more complex than a simple ability to see chakra like his father and sisters seemed to possess. Regardless of what it was, her techniques seemed to be perfectly tailored for her job, assassination.

As they made their way through the corridor in the direction of the closest stairs that lead to the above floor, Keiichi's head seemed to slightly jerk to the side as something caught his attention. He slightly pulled back the hood, just enough to uncover his left ear and narrowed his eyes while his hand signaled to Asuka to wait. Even with the chaos that was ensuing outside there were still people inside the large home and even with all that noise Keiichi could clearly hear their heartbeats and the mask didn't stop him from smelling the two people in the room a few feet ahead.

Keiichi signaled once again telling Asuka that there was something in the room, which she probably had already noticed, but also that he would handle it but hoping she would get into position anyway. He quickly but silently moved to the sliding door and reached for something behind his back, taking out a rather large combat knife which was one of the three blades he equipped before leaving the building. Normally carrying weapons wasn't something he did aside from Shuraba as he was always capable of creating his own weapons on the spot be it through his scales or demon's chakra but due to the same reasons as to why Asuka couldn't take her own weapons with her he had to choose normal weapons as well...and those weapons felt incredibly odd.
He heard a voice from inside, to normal people it would be hard to make out what was said but he heard it clearly, a man inside the room had told someone else to go check out what all the commotion was about and then he started hearing footsteps heading toward the door. The moment a man slid open the door, Keiichi moved into action by placing his hand over the man's mouth and stabbing him through the gut and having the blade go up diagonally so it would reach the heart without worry for the ribcage getting in the way. The man's body jerked for a second before going limp and Keiichi quickly removed the blade from inside the man, taking with it plenty of blood and a bit of flesh due to how forcefully it was removed and immediately threw it at the second man in the room who had yet to leave the table filled with sake, hitting him in the throat which would prevent him from screaming out but also give him a somewhat slow and painful death.

Keiichi quickly pulled down his mask enough to reveal his nose and took a whiff of the room, they had been the only ones inside. Leaving his knife behind Keiichi signaled to Asuka to continue to the stairs. The act of leaving the knife was actually intentional as the knife had a Gokiburi mark imprinted on the handle which would further serve as evidence that they were involved in the assassination.

Meanwhile at the gate the fight was in full force, it was actually quite impressive how quickly the family was capable of mobilizing enough men to face a direct attack at that time of the night. While the members of Karasu no Ha disguised as Gokiburi fighters were giving it their all to aid Queen and her illusions, the illusionist woman just lazily stayed back and pretty much did nothing but watch even though with her help the Kobayakawa forces would have been effectively cut in half or worse.

But as she leaned against a wall and began wondering what to do after the job was done something caught her eye, a light in the distance and then suddenly...her illusions vanished, reducing the supposed Gokiburi forces to a mere eight members and an unknown woman.

As the two assassins made their way up the stairs Keiichi suddenly heard a single step rather close-by, it was somewhat faint but oddly enough it was lonely as no other steps were heard. In reality the two major presences that Asuka had noticed before had made their way quite silently toward the two assassins. One was indeed Sasegawa Homura, a tall middle-aged man with a wild brown beard but a powerful fire ninjutsu user that also wielded a large naginata which he used in combination with his jutsu, however the other was not Ogawa Ichiro but instead an unknown individual wearing a yellow hoodie, he seemed to be quite strong though had no developed chakra element and carried two katana on his back. They both awaited the assassins at the top of the stairs, waiting to ambush them the moment they reached the top.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Asuka stopped at the signal, even if she barely caught sight of it. The hood certainly wasn't suited well for her. It restricted her side vision more than normal, especially considering that she only had one eye for such things. At the pause, she quickly grabbed hold of its front and pulled it down to widen her already restricted vision.

Before the paper door slid open, Asuka had already vanished straight up. With a leap she attached herself in an upside-down crouch to the ceiling, holding her steady not only by the chakra lacing her feet, but also a single hand that pressed against the wooden banister. Her other hand reached back to the foreign grip of the tanto she had selected earlier as a precaution, even if it was an unnecessary one. The two signatures in the room were barely worth noting, so it was unlikely to be eventful.

As blood began gushing out of the ruptured heart and through the path left by the dagger, Asuka's hand released itself from her own blade and returned back up to her eyepatch to gain a better look. She could almost feel the last beat of the ruptured organ through her six sense through the perception of when Keiichi's victim's chakra ceased. The heart was always the last thing to go with as much of the chakra network that surrounded it. Like a diminishing flame, soon the man became nothing but a corpse to her eye.

The woman released herself and dropped straight down, turning in air to again land close to where she had first stood just as the dagger struck into the other target seated behind a table. With the minor inconvenience out of the way the pursuit of the true target was back on. Like mice navigating a maze with the promise of prize at its end, the pair coursed through the temple's architecture leading them up yet another flight of stairs in the great climb. However, mid-step Asuka's hand reached back and pressed against Keiichi's chest to halt his own progression.

She was stopped for mere moments before her footsteps resumed, and as the patter reached the top of the staircase, only a single figure emerged to be caught within the ambush being rushed from either side. The off guard girl didn't stand a chance before being sliced to shreds, dissected by both spear and sword, though as her body tore into three parts it reverted into nothing but a shredded beam of wood stolen from the house, attached to which were rolled bombs pinned on with small senbon. As the substitution revealed itself an eruption of black clouds from the smoke bombs filled the air. The ambush shifted hands as Asuka appeared behind the bearded man with naginata. Pulling the cleaver off her back, the blade was held in one hand as it swooped downward to clash with the extended steel end of the pole-arm weapon. She had selected her target specifically for his Katon natured chakra, which did not disappoint her as the end of the weapons became immersed in flames.

"If only..." Was all she said of the thought she was working on seeing sight of the well-tuned flame within the still smoky air.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Keiichi tried to follow Asuka's lead and timing to the best of his abilities, but he was never the speedy and stealthy time, at least not enough for a perfectly coordinated attack. As her attack was blocked by the bearded enemy, Keiichi threw down his own attack from behind the unknown man in yellow, aiming the tip of a large knife right at the back of his head but like Asuka he was blocked by the man's weapon. Keiichi immediately pushed the man back while jumping back to gain a small but precious distance.

And that was when the yellow hoodie the man was wearing finally clicked in his head, it was the same as the one those of the gang they were pretending to be wore. Not only did he recognize the hoodie but he recognized something else, the man with the swords who was none other than the Gokiburi Leader's younger brother, Morimaru if he remembered correctly, and one of the top-dogs of the gang.

"To move like that, you guys definitely ain't the normal punks in Karasu no Ha. Golds...Platinums maybe?"

Even though they seemed to know about the assassination attempt, they seemed unaware of who the two of them were...it made sense since few people actually knew about Keiichi's involvement in the plan and even fewer knew that Asuka even existed, thus whoever tipped them off wasn't that high up in the hierarchy to be privy to the more sensitive information.

Regardless, the fact that the plan was a bust still remained, but it could still be salvageable. The fact that the hallways weren't yet flooded with Kobayakawa men meant that Queen still had most of the attention on her and if they eliminate the two standing before them then they could still go for their original target's head.

"Obsidian! The plan doesn't change!"

He referred to Asuka by rank as he didn't wish to reveal her name, nor did she have a nickname yet, but hoped that those words were enough. She was to quickly get rid of her adversary and move on to the target.

"Your skill with illusions is quite something, even with my mirror at full power I still can't do more than distort your image a bit."

Ogawa Ichiro stood a few feet away from Queen as he casually held up a small square mirror with a golden eye pattern on each corner. He was an extremely tall man with short green hair and blue eyes but his most distinctive features were his unnaturally long arms and legs which were almost twice as long as they normally should be. He was honestly impressed, his mirror was almost like a sacred item in his family for many generations and specially created with the sole purpose of breaking and nullifying genjutsu from anyone reflected upon it yet even after reflecting Queen for a couple of minutes it only managed to make the fake Gokiburi members disappear while the woman he was seeing was only slightly distorting every few seconds.

Queen on the other hand simply stayed quiet for once and tried to get a better grasp of the situation. Their numbers were dropped from thirty to ten yet their numbers just seemed to keep increasing. One of their target's bodyguards was already outside and it was exactly the one perfect for countering her abilities. This all could only mean that somehow the family was tipped off about the operation and in quite a fair amount of detail if even the position of a Platinum and her abilities were disclosed. She could leave but that would leave her boss without any back-up during an ambush, thought she feared less for his safety than she did for her own once he inevitably escaped. Thus there was only one thing to do...

"Cat got your tongue? Yea, I get it! I love fighting genjutsu masters like you, they all start pissing their pants the moment they figure out their illusions are worth jack-shit. Don't worry, I'll make it quick!!!"

The tall man charged forward toward Queen with no hesitation and threw his clenched fist straight toward her face, he was confident in his reach, speed, strength and taijutsu skill, he was always overwhelming against even other skilled martial artists so he was already half-expecting the woman's neck to snap upon contact.

However his fist was easily stopped by her open palm, her much smaller body not even budging from where she stood and while Ichiro stood there in a shocked look on his face her fingers closed around his hand and began applying pressure...pressure so great it made him groan and fall to one knee.

"I thought I was going to die today, but you're so pathetic that I'd die of shame by just thinking about you killing me."

Queen's hand mercifully released the man's fist and he immediately jumped back to gain a fair amount of distance but Queen didn't move, she simply smiled and signalled for him to try again. This enraged Ichiro who's muscles quickly seemed to grow in size and he released an adrenaline filled roar into the air.
Then ten that she had on her side didn't matter, they were probably going to die anyway, but she had to buy as much time as she could for Keiichi and Asuka to get to her.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Love » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 pm

With a push back from the man's large spear Asuka jumped back to prevent herself from being thrown off balance. Stealth and swiftness may have been her strong suit, but there is still something to be said for brute strength. The muscular frame of the bearded foe had her far outmatched in that regards. Her feet slid back against the wooden floor of the mansion as the smoke began to clear the air. The momentum of her movements were only stopped once added by the cleaver being dug into the wood, though it did not remain there for long before being ripped back out to allow her to take further motion. Not wasting time, the flaming halberd began being spun in all directions as the brute Homura began advancing in circular steps of his own. Throughout the display, several sweeping strikes were made in air, and with each of them an arching flame was released from the spear straight towards Asuka.

Each of the shots Asuka managed to dodge, though not without feeling the heat of the shots that were just narrowly avoided. The intervals between each arch were kept so shot that a counter couldn't be established and she kept being pushed further back until she pressed against a pillaring column in the dojo like room. Pinned, the next attack wasn't a simple arch, but a buzz sawing disc of flames that would slice her in two straight down her midriff. Likely it would have succeeded had she not pressed her bent arm above her head and use it to flip herself up and over to a crouch atop the pillar just above and before it was sliced straight through with the blazing disc. Pushing herself off horizontally with a springing leap, Asuka rolled to a stop just as the pillar crashed down behind her.

"There's one main alteration." She said as the cleaver rested flat on the ground. Were it not for the mask covering everything except her eye, her brow would be covered in beads of sweat. It had been awhile sense she had seen someone so proficient at the use of the Katon style, a skill she lusted after within her own chakra. "There's no need for me to hold anything back!" Unlike Keiichi, who could reveal his identity if he reverted back to his classic fighting style now that the gig was up, Asuka was never a member of Karasu no Ha. Her abilities at large are simply those of a stranger to these men, Keiichi included.

Picking back up the cleaver, she through it like a large shuriken into a spinning slash to distract Homura as she formed up hand-signs. "Raiton: Oonami no Jutsu" [Lightning Release: Surge Technique] A surge of Raiton ran down her and formed up small sparks across her skin. After the sword she had thrown away was deflected, Asuka started into a flashing sprint, her speed vastly increased by the lightning coursing through her. With another swoop of his spear a current of fire was released on the ground directed straight towards Asuka. However, the attack missed as she leapt up to the ceiling, her hands completing another series of signs. "Raiton: Raikyuutai no Jutsu" [Lightning Release: Lightning Orb Technique] She released three spheres of lightning from her palms that shot like torpedo straight down at her opponent. The first was intercepted with flames, the second with the blade of the weapon, though the third struck clean into the chest of the man, hitting him with paralysis.

This left him defenseless as Asuka dropped from the ceiling and sped over to him, or so she thought. As her hands pressed against Homura's chest on the opposite side of Keiichi and Morimaru, the brute broke free from the sparking paralysis and brought his fist in a punching strike against the girl. The first collided with her skull, and in an instant seemingly knocked her out just after the casting of Tenutryuuki no Jutsu [Point-Blank Projection Technique]

Not wasting a moment, the brute's hands collected the limp body of Asuka and threw her on his shoulder as he turned around to face the other two. "I'll leave the other to you." A statement not meant for who it may have looked as so was for. Homura would be calling out for Morimaru, but it wasn't the brutes soul in control of his body, and the statement was really made by Asuka speaking out for Keiichi. Being sure to bring her own precious body with her, the figure of the brute turned back around and existed the room up a stairway at its end, heading further up the towering mansion.
Poison on your lips
Love

Next

Return to Townships and Cityscapes