Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn (Open)

[House of the Lotus | Higashikaze Academy | Hana Medical Institute]
The glistening seat of freedom, a blooming city in the dust, and the foundation of all their hope. Hanabira is the capitol city of the Republic of Suna, home to the Parliament, Higashikaze Academy, and the Hana Medical Institute.

Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn (Open)

PostPosted by Hawk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Spoiler:
So my character and jutsu are not approved, but I kinda assume they will be since I actually downplayed his power in regards to his clan. Whenever I get feedback, I'll stop using anything that wasn't approved. Enjoy :)

Also, the bombs are littered through the village , so feel free to react to any of the types of bombs in the Jutsus used at the bottom. The only types of bombs that are not free to use is the Feigning Blast and the Demolition. You may find a feigning blast at the end of an explosive path if you find it, but I will control how it is triggered and what it does.

An arid day in the Republic of Suna. The sun begins to fade under the distant dunes, causing a gentle wind to breeze through the village. The hustle and bustle of the city never ceases, as people mindlessly walk among their peers. Their daily routine continues as it does every day, uninterrupted barring the occasional accident. Among them, however, was one not concerned with his daily life. Anyone paying attention may have found this individual a bit odd. His cover was much too big for him, and his upper body was shaped strangely compared to the rest of his body. In addition, he seemed to be walking aimlessly, unlike most of the people around him, and periodically he'd stop for a rest, placing his hand on walls and crates as he passed. He was unusually polite, as whenever he bumped into someone causing them to drop something, he'd immediately bend down to help pick them pick up their items. A truly strange sight for those with nothing better to do than watch a stranger walk through the sandy city. The disfigured hulk eventually stops in front of Higashikaze Academy and rests against the wall. After a few minutes, he resumed his walk through the village.

- - - -

As the darkness sets its grips on Hanabira City, Oni walks the streets. He walks briskly through the streets with worry painted on his face. He looked back occasionally, and when he did, he tripped and fell. His ebon wings tried to spread to catch himself, but his cloak hugged tightly to his body. He did this to try to reduce the weird looks he got as he walked through town. He never got his hands out to catch himself. only touching the ground once he had already bounced to a stop. Each time, he hurried back to his feet and continued on. After about three turns, he took off running for the central guard office. As he sprinted, he parkour'd his way through the town, bounding over objects and pushing off walls. As he ran, he continued to try to unfurl his wings, constantly pulling at his cloak binding them. Over most objects, he'd use his hands as anchors when he hurdled over the objects; however, he occasionally hopped onto the object and over it. He didn't slow at all when he approached the guard office. He slams into the door and starts banging on it as he yelled, "Help! Help!"

The guard saw a panicked face through the sight hole, and quickly opened the door and pulled Oni in. The guard threw him against the wall before looking through the sight hole. The other guard turned to Oni, "What the hell is going on?" he said as he readied himself.

"Please you have to help me. A colossal figure was following me. He must have been a Missing-nin or something, because he evaded most detection, but there was a clear killing intent. I zigged and zagged just to make sure, but I still felt him." he said as he stood against the wall, resting his hand between his tail bone and the wall with his palms to the wall.

"Well I don't see him. You can stay here for now. Hopefully you are just imagining things."

"Okay... I hope you're right. I think I'll stay here for a bit just in case" Oni said as he relaxed a bit. About an hour had passed before Oni thanked his saviors and exited cautiously.

- - - -

Oni sat. Waiting. Among the darkness and the creatures that owned the night. In the depths of darkness, Oni slowly unfurled his cloak. His wings were finally free to spread. Days of preparation were finally coming to action. Oni was drained from finally finishing his preparations. Soon the pay off would come. Soon it would all begin. Oni arose, cloak in hand, and stretched his wings to their limit, bent his knees, and pushed off. His powerful wings flapped as he flew through the air to the center of Hanabira City. High above the city, Oni hovers in mid air. Watching over the city like some guardian angel. "They called me a Demon..." he said as he went through his string of hand seals.

"They were right."

Just then, explosions started to ring through the city. Methodically timed to give several paths of explosions throughout the city, leading to major landmarks throughout the city. There were no concurrent explosions and explosions never occurred in the same path twice in a row. Without an aerial view, there was no apparent rhyme or reason behind the explosions. Chaos introduced into the tranquil sands. Panicked civilians flee looking for shelter from the destruction. Oni completed his hand seals and activated his jutsu.

He spread his wings once more just as his jutsu took effect. With his wings simply being spread, he began to fall. Shinku Hireki no Jutsu. The stars were dim, as if they couldn't pierce the darkness to come this night. His wings shined fiery red for all to see. The Demon had descended on Suna.

The guards in the central office quickly tried to prepare to signal the rest of the guards and coordinate the defense of the village. Just as everything started to come together, the sound of crumbling stone echoed through the room. The ninjas immediately fled the room; however, some of them could not get out in time before the building started to crumble. With the center of defense in shambles, it was up to individual shinobi to stop the attack. Fires illuminated the city as the the attack progressed.

As Oni lowered himself toward the top of the buildings, he quickly turned to a nose dive. Yami Ooi no Jutsu. Oni's wings turned pitch black as he dove into the darkest streets, which had been spared the mayhem. Oni did not try to slip away into the blackness of the night. No.. There was more work to be done. He quickly wrapped up his wings tightly in his cloak as he ran back into the chaos. Back to the guard station he had just destroyed. He frantically looked around for anyone trying to coordinate the defense of their village. He did what he could to help people trying to escape the blasts. He did, however, occasionally send one into the blast. He regretted having to direct the chaos, but you can never be too careful.

Spoiler:
Justu used:

Name: Baton - Jirai no Jutsu :: Explosion Element - Land Mine Technique
Range: 0 - 1 Meter
Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity: Baton :: Explosion Element
Clan: Kazura Clan
Description: A simple application of the Kazura Clan's element. After a series of hand seals, Oni will touch the ground or an object, infusing it with his chakra. The land mine will react to the next source of pressure, causing a small scale explosion. The mine will emit a high pitch noise about a second before the bomb detonates. The sound is unique, so those who have experienced this technique before may recognize the sound and react. The explosion has enough force to destroy an unprotected foot. This justu causes the ground to bulge ever so slightly (~1 mm) so the very observant may notice where the land mine is.

Name: Baton - Toki Bomu no Jutsu :: Explosion Element - Time Bomb Technique
Description: A simple application of the Kazura Clan's element. After a series of hand seals, Oni will touch the ground or an object, infusing it with his chakra. Oni can control the timer left on the bomb as soon as he sets it, but after that he cannot change the time; however, he can still disarm it if he wishes. When the timer comes down to 5, the bomb will start to produce a ticking sound, signifying that the bomb is about to go off. This bomb could kill someone if hit directly within about a meter, but outside of a meter will merely cause bruising and disorientation. The longest timer he can currently set is 3 days. This justu causes the surface to bulge ever so slightly (~1 mm) so the very observant may notice where the time bomb is.

Name: Baton - Jirai no Jutsu :: Explosion Element - Land Mine Technique
Description: A simple application of the Kazura Clan's element. After a series of hand seals, Oni will touch the ground or an object, infusing it with his chakra. The land mine will react to the next source of pressure, causing a small scale explosion. The mine will emit a high pitch noise about a second before the bomb detonates. The sound is unique, so those who have experienced this technique before may recognize the sound and react. The explosion has enough force to destroy an unprotected foot. This justu causes the ground to bulge ever so slightly (~1 mm) so the very observant may notice where the land mine is.

Name: Baton - Toki Bomu no Jutsu :: Explosion Element - Time Bomb Technique
Description: A simple application of the Kazura Clan's element. After a series of hand seals, Oni will touch the ground or an object, infusing it with his chakra. Oni can control the timer left on the bomb as soon as he sets it, but after that he cannot change the time; however, he can still disarm it if he wishes. When the timer comes down to 5, the bomb will start to produce a ticking sound, signifying that the bomb is about to go off. This bomb could kill someone if hit directly within about a meter, but outside of a meter will merely cause bruising and disorientation. The longest timer he can currently set is 3 days. This justu causes the surface to bulge ever so slightly (~1 mm) so the very observant may notice where the time bomb is.

Name: Baton - Bakufuu o Furi no Jutsu :: Explosion Element - Feigning Blast Technique
Range: 0 - 1 Kilometer
Description: Oni's personal favorite use of his clan techniques. This is the only of his jutsu that can be set off in any way he chooses when he plants it. It can either be set as any trigger: pressure, time, grenade, or depth charge. However, this bomb will never explode with enough force to injure someone. This bomb is used to spread panic and convey a message. The fake bomb will detonate in the same fashion whichever bomb it mimics, but instead of an explosion, a message or design will be left in it's place. The small charge can also be used to activate whatever theatrics Oni chooses. This bomb is far more conspicuous than the otherr bombs, since it is meant to be found.

Name: Baton - Torikowashi no Jutsu :: Explosion Element - Demolition Technique
Range: 0 - 20 Meters
Description: A well used application of the Kazura Clan's element. After a string of hand seals, Oni will infuse his chakra into a part of a structure. This can be used on walls, pillars, or floors. This technique has no external explosive force; however, the chakra will create channels through the building. Oni can control how far the channels extend into the structure. When Oni activates the charge, the sound of crumbling stone will resonate through the affected rooms, and the small channels explode, causing the structure to collapse. As this technique is vital to the Kazura clan's common workplace, this technique is Oni's most trained, and he can control it the best. His longest solo channel can reach up to 20 meters, while he can make up to 20 channels at 1 meter each. If used properly, the channels can cause destruction farther than 20 meters, even if they cannot reach it.
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joy, Peace, Compassion, Humility, Truth | Anger, Regret, Resentment, Arrogance, Lies

Which Wolf Will Win? | The One That You Feed

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Re: Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn (Open)

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:13 pm

*pop*

*pop*

*pop pop*

*pop*

The arrhythmic pops startled the white haired girl, causing her eyes to shoot open from her daydream. In a tank nearby, her pet octopus was up as well, undulating on itself as it looked on from captivity. Standing up quickly she rushed to the kitchen, passing by a window where dazzling lights lit up the sky and screams danced on the wind. For a second she looked out, wondering what was going on, and then continued on her way, to the microwave, where she pulled out a bag of popcorn before it burned itself black.

Not moments after she opened the bag and popped a kernel in, she rushed back to the window, realizing that those were no fireworks and cheers, they were explosions. Popping another kernel she stared out, watching as one right near her went off, crumbling a few houses about a block away.

And then she went back to eating, moving into another room and turning the tv on loud.

Ophelia was a weird one.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to Hanabira City