They have an army. I'll need some hulking brutes.. (Openish)

Far into the the demon country rests the nomadic demon village. It is not a peaceful place at all. It is so brutal that the weak born here do not last long. Despite that fact they have managed to create a massive army wielding strange ninjutsu. It goes without saying that they pose not only a threat to the Sky, but the entire world. For if they are not stopped the nations couldd burn under thier might.

They have an army. I'll need some hulking brutes.. (Openish)

PostPosted by Hawk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Spoiler:
Anyone in the Demon clan or a Wanderer may join in. I'll probably post at least once a day unless someone joins, so just jump in if you want.

The nomadic tribe known as Demons. Survival of the fittest at it's finest, where the weak only live as long as they find a use for themselves. Sometimes they survive by finding protection by stronger tribesmen in exchange for services, and sometimes they manage to hide for a bit. However, amidst the chaos there was some semblance of order. In the Demon tribe, you want what you need, and if you need more, you take it by force. They may not follow the ideals of other villages, but they aren't stupid. Senselessly killing each other only weakens their tribe, the one thing they hate more than anything. They welcomed anyone who would make them stronger, and anyone who would make them weaker would almost certainly die during the entrance exam, since they exam was to not die to the strongest warrior. There were of course those who simply orbited around the tribe without actually joining it. They stayed close enough where they could flee either towards or away from the tribe for protection. They often travel behind the tribe, scavenging the scraps left behind by the tribe. However, there were few who stayed ahead of the tribe. These were made up of two types of people; people strong enough to join the clan but choose not to, and insane risk takers who largely lived in fear of being caught up to or being left behind. These individuals are known in the tribe as "scouts."

Oni traveled in front of the group not for protection or greed. No, he had a much grander plan in mind. He stayed closer to the group than other scouts. Many of the scouts cover their tracks and hid any remains of their food in order to hide how much they "steal" from the tribe, however they make sure to leave enough in order to not anger the tribe. Oni, however, always left markings. He didn't leave food behind or tracks of where he was going. He left gifts for the tribe. The gifts varied from food, which was killed so that it would still fresh, to weapons, often higher grade than what the tribe wielded themselves. With each gift, a message was left behind.

Oni waited as his plan set in motion. In the cover of night, he sat and waited. His wings tightly bound by his cloak. He sat in a tree, closer than the scouts, but he was more relaxed than them all combined. All was according to plan.
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joy, Peace, Compassion, Humility, Truth | Anger, Regret, Resentment, Arrogance, Lies

Which Wolf Will Win? | The One That You Feed

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Re: They have an army. I'll need some hulking brutes.. (Open

PostPosted by Hawk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Member after member of the tribe find these gifts and their messages. After the third, the tribe started to write down the messages, starting to fear their meanings. However, the tribesmen were ordered to dispose of the gifts. The Demon tribe would not accept gifts as it was a sign of weakness to them. In fact, sparing an opponent's life was the biggest insult one could give, and asking for or accepting help was the biggest act of submission. The Demon Tribe considered using deception and trickery was dishonorable. The traditional shinobi villages were known as "the dishonorable ones" among the tribe. This was the fifth message now. The tribe's elders convened to discuss the importance of these messages.

Spoiler:
"Corruption has arrived on your doorstep"
"The dishonorable come for you"
"Even your strongest will not stand before their might"
"The scouts will weaken you"

"And now... 'Will you adapt or will you die out'" the first elder read from the latest message.

"Die out? Who does this maggot thing he is? It is clearly one of the scouts, so let's just go kill him!" the second elder said as she sharpened her sword.

"Let's not rush to conclusions.... He uses our language. Who else calls refers to them as the dishonorable ones. Perhaps it is one of our own." the final elder postulates before taking a swig of his drink.

"Regardless of who this individual is, we must concern ourselves with the meaning of his words. Perhaps there is some truth in what he says. We are easily stronger than them, but the dishonorable ones are not above using trickery and forming their pitiful alliances. Would we withstand an assault form them all at once?"

"TRUTH!? Are you suggesting we ask this man for help? Do you know the repercussions of an elder groveling for aid from this whelp!? This would not be adaption. This would be extinction for our tribe. We would be no better than the dishonorable!" she bellowed as she stabbed her sword into the ground.

"Now now, Aiko. No one said we had to beg for saving. Even your entrance into the tribe long ago was unorthodox at the time. No one expected you to kill your entrance examiner. You did indeed follow the law to a straight up battle; however, you did have a certain advantage..."

"I warned him of my strength, and it was his fault. He was the one who pulled my shirt off during his technique..."

"Yes and he was weak enough to be distracted by what he saw. And you were strong enough to focus until the bitter end, regardless of what was.... showing. And it shaped how we train our initiates, does it not?"

"So, let's just say he is right. And all of the dishonorable ones are aligning to try to destroy us. How do propose we deal with it and him? We don't even know who this guy is. He stated that the scouts will weaken us. Does he mean for us to eradicate them? Isn't he one of them?"

"He may or may not. But he clearly has better knowledge of where we are and where we are going than other scouts. He has left us messages to find. He does not intend to be killed by us no matter what his affiliation with the scouts is. But how are the scouts making us weaker? They are not part of us. "

"They have access to food before we do. Perhaps they are poisoning us? Or could if they wanted."

"Have they allied themselves with the dishonorable ones? Why do they stay near us then?"

"To spy and prepare an attack? People have spoken of a pair of spirits made of fire dancing around out tribe. The first note was found near the first sighting. Were these spirits the one responsible for these notes? Or was it some trick?"

"There are too many things we don't know. Our best bet is to find a scout and find out what we can know."

The elders ended their meeting and summoned the clan head to discuss their plans. They tread carefully over the topic of trusting this outsider, as the clan leader was the strongest of them all, but not so strong in the mind, which is the purpose of the elders. The Demon tribe was on the move.

Joy, Peace, Compassion, Humility, Truth | Anger, Regret, Resentment, Arrogance, Lies

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hawk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Oni was soon aware of the demon tribe's movements as the tree he was sitting in got pulled to the ground. Oni fell out of the tree and into a large brute's arms. He struggled a bit as he was being carried away, but a sly smile crept across his face. Time passed as Oni was carried back to the tribe and seated in front of the elders. He inspected each of them as they entered. Oni had already done his research.

First there was The oldest elder, Hikira. Few strands of white hair covered his head, and his skin sagged for most of his body. Spots covered his skin. Veins showed the pathways of his body. Some muscles were visible, but Oni expected more from a tribe who valued strength. However, something was off about him. He didn't walk like an old man. His mind was still sharp and his body still strong. He carried himself confidently as if he were the most respected of the elders. This confidence was well earned in his mind. His Iron Body Taijutsu almost got him tribe leader at one point, but he felt that leading was not for him. For most of his time, he served in the leader's elite guard. Retaining his insight and battle experience for generations to come was the reason the council of elders was made. He took his seat directly in front of Oni

Next, Aiko walked in. A gargantuan lady. She was the youngest of the elders, but her strength was the most apparent. Her rise to elder came through teaching the tribe a new strength. She brought ferocity and focus with her into every fight, and she sought to pass on her traits to the others. After her instruction, the tribe incurred it's fewest ever losses during raids and wars. Despite being younger, she is held in higher esteem than her senior, who came after her. She sat to Hikira's right

Finally, Gonzo entered. Oni could not find really anything about him. No info on why he was an elder. No achievements. No nothing. He didn't look strong. He didn't look wise. He walked in the slowest, and sat to Hikira's right. Oni was most intrigued by him.

"What are you scouts planning?" said Hikira bluntly. He did not want to waste time.

"Scout? I'm not a scout. I am an outcast. I was chased out from my clan." Oni said as he tested the ropes holding him down.

"An outcast? So it was not you..." said Aiko. "What of the two fire spirits and the notes. Have seen anything odd?"

"Fire spirits? Surely, you don't believe in such flights of fancy. Although, my clan does have a myth of a Demon's descent." Oni's voice trailed off as he finished his sentence as if he were considering the option.

"A Demon's descent?"

"Well the mythos goes that a child born with red wings will usher in untold destruction. The sight of his crimson wings against the sky would be the only warning that the chaos has started. It was always unclear to me whether he would cause the destruction, or he would simply herald some greater power. However, this is just a legend. My clan is wide spread and powerful, so no such child would ever be able to escape from them. I always believed it took more than just a child's wing color to create a demon."

"May we see your wings?" Gonzo said coldly as he motioned the guard over towards Oni.

"Haha. Very careful. That is a good trait, albeit unexpected in a village where strength is the only thing that matters. However, I cannot show you my wings tied up like this." Oni said with a smile. Just then the guard untied him. He stood and slowly unwrapped his cloak. His ebon wings slowly unfurled. He extended them to their full length stretching them out after being tied for so long. "Does this quell your fears?" he asked as he slowly curled them back and began to wrap them up. "You'll have to forgive my hiding my wings. As with most of Kazura clan members, I am plagued by wary, disapproving eyes looking on my form. It is often easier to hide what makes us different than fight for foolish pride."

"You find pride to be foolish?" Gonzo said with a glint in his eye.

"Having pride is not foolish. But making trouble for myself because I have pride in the look of my wings? That is what is foolish. I pride myself on their power, and their power comes from their functionality. If I truly wanted to, I could tear this cloak asunder with my wings alone. Hiding them is of no detriment to me, only a positional gain."

"Well put winged one."

- - - - -

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hawk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:54 pm

"This Demon... Would he have written this such as this?" Hikira questioned as he stood up and walked over to Oni.

"Hirika! Do you really think it's wise to share such information with him? He is not one of us. He cannot solve our problem."

"He has proven himself wise, and perhaps he will say more we can use. If this is his clan's demon, then perhaps we will need to assimilate his strength. I believe at least his opinion can be heard for us to decide upon."

Oni took the list of notes left for the village to find. Of course, he had written them, but he took his time reading each note. "If these were left by a demon, I would be concerned. However, it sounds like a warning. The scouts will weaken you? Is that why you asked if I was a scout?"

"The scouts are the curs we found you amongst. They are the ones who take our food before we get there. The dishonorable ones are what we call the other villages, the ones who remain in one place and dishonor the sanctity of battle."

"So... Corruption has arrived on your doorstep. Something is threatening your way of life? You value strength? Perhaps there is one among you that does not have true strength?"

"You would have us search for false strength in a village where all have proven their strength?"

"I would have you do nothing. It is not my way of life being threatened. As you said, I cannot solve your problems. I can simply try to guide your wisdom with my insight. As for the next two. Those seem fairly straight forward. The shinobi villages are afraid of your strength. They would band together to destroy you once it suits them. Your village is stronger than an individual village, but could you withstand the might of all of the major nations at once? Next, the scouts will weaken you. They have access to your food before you? They could easily disease the game before you are there to hunt. If they ally themselves with the shinobi villages, even your strongest won't lift a finger to stop them."

"So then it is decided. We are to destroy them before they can destroy us."

"Is that truly adaption? The final warning is the most important. I fear that your standard methods of dealing with this problem will not be enough. Will the villages sit idly by as you massacre another group?"

"So we should dishonor our ways? What is it that you want? What is this game that you are playing? You come in here spitting pretty phrases but give no answers!"

"It's not about what I want. There is no answer to what you need to do. Only choices. I am just doing what I do best. I intend to turn the shinobi's plans against them. Have you ever noticed that no one raises questions when everything goes according to plan, despite the nature of the plan? They plan to weaken you, and when you are weak enough, they plan to exterminate you. The kages could massacre their own civilians and no one would bat an eye. But introduce a little chaos... Add in a new variable. Disrupt their plans, and everyone will lose their minds. And without their minds, they will fall to your blades."

"So you wish us to be your pawns." Gonzo finally spoke.

"No.. I have no such desire. I am simply looking out your continued existence."

- - - -

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hawk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

"I've had enough! I will not humor this whelp any longer! You will pay for your insolence!" Aiko said as she drew her sword. She started to charge, before a hand stopped her. It was Hikira.

The eldest regretfully stopped her, "I agree with you Aiko. You are right. His insight does not come out of concern for us. Nor does it seem to come from hatred of them. However, he is also right. The dishonorable ones have no love for us, and it is only a matter of time before they are threatened by our power. Winged one. You may leave, but never return. Our adaption begins with allowing you to live."

"You are allowing me to live!? Ha. You couldn't kill me if you tried. The only reason you even saw me was because I let you. Physical strength has made your mind useless, you geezer. I wouldn't stay here any longer if you tried to detain me!" Oni laughed as his wings ruptured his cloak. He made hand seals as he turned to the wall opposite the door.

"You dare turn your back to us! You insolent whelp, who do you think you are!"

"I think I am the beginning." He placed his hands on the wall twice, hiding his hand seals between. Bakufuu o Furi no Jutsu. Torikowashi no Jutsu. "Here is the final and most important message for you." he said as his justu activated. First, to his right, he created a door through the wall. To his left, he activated his Feigning Blast. As it went off, he performed more hand seals. Shinku Hireki no Jutsu. "Gonzo. I think I know what you are. Cling to the shadows and you will be swallowed by the dark." As the dust settled, Oni's red glow pierced the smoke just before the rest was visible. With that, Oni took off into the night.

Spoiler:
"Only the demon can stop the Blackness..."

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hanya » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Faced with a choice of death or dishonor, which side would you choose?

Zaterra

The smell of fresh blood was so heavy in the air that even the smoke of fires couldn't smother it. The sound of hoves and metal echoed against the dark cave walls, footseps creating a chorus of noise that drowned out every other sound too. Still, a single group of men, warriors, they stood their ground, surrounded by insurmountable odds.

"You Cannot Win. Surrender now and you will be spared. Do you wish to see your entire tribe anihillated, erased from memory? Is that what you wish for?"

The command came from a man standing tall above all others, a helmet carved from the skull of some person or creature larger than even himself. He stood casually, a giant warhammer his leaning post. Beside him stood a group of people, all sorts, from the demonic looking to the downright creepy. A diverse group of people united under one banner, under one cause.

Conquest.

Still, the warriors stood their ground, they fought, they killed, and they survived for a while, but they were getting tired. how much longer could they fight. Could they break away, could they run? Was there a place for them to run to, Was there any purpose? Had any of their kind survived?

"I dont think I can do this any more. They just wont stop coming, there's no end to them."

"Keep fighting. Were in this to the end. Dont let them discourage you. We have all of Zaterra behind us, our fallen, our ancestors. If we are meant to die here then we do it with dignity."

"If we die here though, who will remember us... If we die here... Whats the point. Whats the point."

And then there were three. Of all the warriors that had stood to the Black Emperor that day, taht night, that battle, only three remained. They were bloody, thy were ragged, and they were tired. This was the end. They had lost. Now it was time to die.

"Kamelia.... Reptile.... Run. I will hold them off for as long as I can to give you two a chance. You must survive. keep our race alive."

"But I...."

"Go NOOOOW!"

He charged, straight at the nearest group of soldiers, spears finding his heart without fail. As he fell, a green explosion erupted, shrouding everyone from sight. When it cleared, only one remained. He was smiling, knowing that his people would live on. Knowing that he had died with pride.

The pair ran, they ran like the wind, through the plains through the trees, through to the caves, and yet the army still followed.

"We can't make it.."

"We have to.

"We can't."

"I will"

And that was the last he ever saw of Kamelia. She shimmered, and she vanished, her footprints disappearing in the dark of the cave. He couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't fight anymore, he couldnt run. But he could live. They had said surrender was an option.

Surrender.

Dishonor.

Live.

Death was a one way street, but with surrender came the opportunity of chance.

He had a chance.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:58 pm

And so it was that he found himself enslaved. A prisoner of war. A servant. Demoted from the second in command of his whole tribe to a lowly footstool for the endeavors of another man.

But he was alive.

And he was watching.

Demon Tribe

"You are allowing me to live!? Ha. You couldn't kill me if you tried. The only reason you even saw me was because I let you. Physical strength has made your mind useless, you geezer. I wouldn't stay here any longer if you tried to detain me!" Oni laughed as his wings ruptured his cloak. He made hand seals as he turned to the wall opposite the door.

"You dare turn your back to us! You insolent whelp, who do you think you are!"

"I think I am the beginning."

"Here is the final and most important message for you."

"Gonzo. I think I know what you are. Cling to the shadows and you will be swallowed by the dark."

Eyes peered back as the man with the wings made his exit. He had come, and he had given his warning, But now dissention set among the three elders. What would they do. Would they keep in their set ways, would they adapt and learn, or would they lash out and potentially destroy themselves. They were a threat to themselves right now. Could they take the assault brought on by another. Could they deal with the threat that would face them. Could they survive what this herald of the Black Emperor would have to say.

"It ssssseems that you have a dilemma".

The words at first came from nowhere, but almost just as fast they found their body. A man, dressed in black and green, all parts of himself covered but the dark green eyes. He was the word and will of the Black Emperor, his mouth covered in an iron mask, both as a punishment and a warning, a display and a title.

"But I have a ssssssolution...."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hawk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm

The elders watched in awe as Oni made his exit. His exit would not be soon forgotten. Thoughts stumbled through the elder's heads as they watched the spectacle unfold. What was this man? Was he the demon that he didn't believe in? Was he the corruption? What was the blackness? In their pursuit of answers, they only found more questions. Before they could focus on the answer for all of the questions, to capture him, he was gone. Thoughts started to vanish from their minds, and one emotion took their place. Rage.

"RAHHHH!" Aiko snarled as she swung her sword through the open air. She wished she had not heeded her elder elder. She turned as she heard the hissing of a snake behind her. "Speak fast or I will skin you and turn you into a bag!" she threatened as she gripped harder on the sword's handle.

All three of the elders turned to his new intruder. Their rage was evident, although Hikira hid it best. He was wiser than the rest, but he was still forged of this village, "Do not dare disrespect us like him. I will not hold her back this time. Your time is until she decides to hack you to pieces."

Gonzo had fallen silent. Despite his calm, calculated jabs at Oni failing, this visitor made him uncomfortable. He dared not speak out of fear of what would happen.

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:52 pm

"Don't be sssso hasssty and do something you will regret."

He had a slight hunch to him, an odd look to his bright green eyes that made him seem more creature than man, and yet when he stepped forward fully from the shadows, he was no more than man. Or so it seemed.

"I come with an offer of peaccce, an offer of an alliance that will keep the other countries in their place, and eventually put them in their proper one, beneath heel."

From within his robes he pulled a letter out, written on something that seemed like paper, and yet felt strange. It looked as if the ink was slightly brown as well, and yet the words were as clear as if they were the deepest black. He tossed it to the woman elder, a move to separate her from her rage, and cause her to focus on something other than it.

Within the letter there were instructions, directions to forming an alliance by sending a messenger with three gifts, one of air, water, and earth. It was quite an unusual request, but the consequences of not agreeing to the alliance were written out just as clearly.

Failure to do so will be considered a contract of war....

They had little option, ally themselves with whoever sent this man to them, or find themselves invaded and assimilated, or invaded or annihilation.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hawk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Aiko grabbed the letter and crushed it in her hand.

"A peace offering! How dare you! The Demon Tribe does not need an alliance! You and the others will be crushed under our heels! Devil, fire spirits, dishonorables, and your people! Starting with you!" Aiko screamed at the intruder as she threw her scabbard at him. She aimed to take out his vision while she charges, sword drawn. As she approaches, she completes seals in one hand, ""Fire Crescent Slash Jutsu!" she yelled as her sword burst into flames. She slashes downward, from nose to toe, trying to vent her anger.

Hirika stood and watched. With all of this new information, he had much to consider for the safety of the clan. Despite being the strongest singular force, that did not mean they were impervious to all attacks. For now they would have to deal with this intruder. "I warned you. I suggest you leave before she catches you. She always catches her target eventually." Hirika turned away from the snake-man and strode to the exit. Just before he exited the building, he paused and turned his head. "You are in our home and you will follow our customs. You will have your answer soon." he said just before continuing on.

Gonzo sat and watched Aiko with a terrified look. He prayed that the cloaked man would escape in time. He knew something, soon it would come to light.

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:42 am

"Ssssilly woman.... You forget your true place...."

The green garbed ninja almost effortlessly slapped away the scabbard with his forearm, small bits of armor causing it to make a clinking sound as it flew up and away. He on the other hand chose to not be cut apart, plus he had no love for the demon woman. If she died then they would see that no matter how strong they thought they were, even they could be touched.

Her single handseal caused a rather flashy explosion of fire to her sword, but his seemingly did nothing. She approached quickly, like a charging elephant or rhino, and he did what anyone would do, especially someone with a name like his. He reacted.

His handseal had chanelled his chakra to his throat, and he unleashed a stream of putrid green liquid that hit the floor with a hiss, steaming and fizzing just infront of her. After but a few seconds it had burned down the ground creating a large trench between the two of them, forcing her to jump over it if she wanted to continue her attack. Of course if she did though, she would be a sitting duck for another acid blast, most likeley unable to dodge since she was midair, and blocking...yeah, he would like to see her block acid that can eat through stone. Maybe her fire sword could evaporate it, but was it truly hot enough to get it all instantly?

To that effect, he jumped back, against and up the wall, ready to attack or move depending on her choice. Even if he had been defeated by the black emperor's troops, it was through sheer numbers and not by skill. Those that took him lightly were already waiting for him in the afterlife.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hawk » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Aiko charged to the corner of the new trench. The acid was strong to burn a hole in the ground, but that would not deter Aiko. "My place will be leading my tribe over your rotting corpse! Landslide Jutsu!" she said as she lifted her left leg. Her foot crashed back to the ground and the ground began to shake. The trench's walls begin to fall in, filling the hole. While there is still a decline and incline, Aiko can now continue to charge.

Gonzo stepped in front of Aiko and looked up at the cloaked man, "I remember you... I don't know what brings you here, but surely you know that even you can't stand against the three of us. Leave now before this gets worse. Hikira said you will get your answer soon. Your business is done here." he said as he held Aiko back.

"Out of my way Gonzo! We will settle this with combat! He dared to watch as that whelp disrespected our tribe, then did so again!" she roars as she tries to claw her way past.

"Leave. Now!" he commanded of the intruder.

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Reptile let out a fierce hiss, realizing that it would be better to see her underneath his master feet, maybe bound in chains, than to take her head and end it now. Climbing the wall, he found an exit while Gonzo held the crazy woman back. He wished, just wished that she would come flying out of the door after him, but he let it be and disappeared into the night, his yellow green eyes the last thing to go. He would return home for now, and inform the emperor that the message had been delivered. In three days time either the tribute would be there, or he would get to meet the woman again under less favorable terms for her.

Still, her brazen nature and formidable skills reminded him of someone. someone he knew to be lost to him. Someone that was like him, and yet in the most critical of times, had proven unlike him. Was she the more noble, or was she just as much of a coward for running as he was for surrendering. Were they truly cowards, the last two of their tribe, the last of their kind? Did their desire to survive go against all forms of honor?

His thoughts were so scattered as he made his way through the darkness.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hawk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:57 am

With the two intruders gone, the villages quickly returned its usually level of chaos. Fights broke out in the streets, and buildings quaked as massive brutes crashed through walls. All was normal in their "fair" village. However, the elders would not return to their daily activities. They had three days to decide the fate of their village. Would the demon burn it down, or would this snake man's ally save them. But the demon warned them of blackness and corruption. Was that referring to the black snake man? Was there some shadow standing behind the snake man. All would be discussed in the next meeting.

"What do we do. It seems like our way of life will end soon. Two forces offer their hand to save us, but accepting help will mean the death of our ideals. Do we fight to the death? Or do we sacrifice to live?"

"We cannot stand before the Black Emperor. "

"Black Emperor? What are you not telling us Gonzo..."

"I'm not hiding anything. If you payed attention to your people, you'd have heard of the Black Emperor. I thought it was just a rumor. They say one man has been going from clan to clan, either forcing him to join him or destroying them. That man you fought. He alone could bring down a large portion of our village alone. If he is just an errand boy, what kind of power does this man have? If we joined him, the dishonorable ones would not stand a chance!"

"And we'd sell our people into slavery."

"Better slaves than dead!"

"I will not surrender! I will rule this tribe or I will see it burnt to ashes around me!" With that said, Hikira stormed out of the meeting. He would not have his plans ruined by this Black Emperor. He had places to be and people to see.

Meanwhile, Gonzo went to start acquiring the tribute to the Black Emperor. Aiko sat in the room at a lost. She felt either her vote was useless.... or it decided the fate of the tribe.

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

PostPosted by Hawk » Thu May 16, 2013 2:27 am

"I knew you would come… You are not the type to give away control to someone. Especially not one stronger than yourself."

"You think I am afraid of that whelp? Whoever this Black Emperor is I will crush him beneath my heel. There will be losses, but you will be fighting with us to minimize them. I need an army left over after the battle, and you will ensure I have one." Hikira said as he stared Oni down. Hikira knew how strong control for the explosive element could be, especially when used before a battle.

"I think you fear him enough to make a deal with the devil."

"Tell me Devil… What do you know that I do not? Why leave those messages for us"

"I left them to send their very messages. Each and every one is a real factor in your fight. Corruption, subjugation, comes for you. The Black Emperor, who will use any strength to bring him closer to victory, even the methods you find dishonorable. You and your leader will fall before his might as even your strength will not keep your people fighting for you. The scouts will see their power first. When offered to join them or be crushed, what do you think they will choose? And finally… Will you adapt? Will you learn to fight wisely? Will you fight for survival? Or will you continue to fight for the the thrill of the fight?"

"We will not stoop to your level! We will fight like proud warriors!"

"You will not have to do anything dishonorable. Just let me handle it and you wait before fighting like proud warriors."

"Fine. We will wait for your signal… Now I will go deal with these scouts before they join this Black Emperor."

"And waste your fighting strength trying to massacre the all of the scouts? No. Leave them to me. Go get your people ready for battle."

"Have it your way. You better be able to do what you say you can or else it'll be your head I come for."

Oni turned to the north, away from the Demon Village, "Yeah yeah. Go blow your hot air somewhere else" he said as he started to fly away. Hikira started to scream, but Oni didn't wait to listen. He flew away with a smirk on his face.

- - - - -

Hawk
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Next

Return to Demon Tribe Village