Falling Inside the Black (Arzy)

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Falling Inside the Black (Arzy)

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Pupiless blue eyes studied the hamlet in silence; no fresh corpses for the moment, but a chakra signature she remembered clear as day burned like coals amidst the lights of life. A single blink turned blue to fierce brown, and Raika rose from the brush in silence from her position far downwind, gently brushing leaves from the black Kirinketsuscale kimono her beloved had given her. Twin katanas were tucked into either side of her obi sash, kept at the ready as she began the approach.

It was one week since a small parcel and letter had found their way to her, holding a wish to meet from Otoha as well as the severed finger of one of her former students, who until then she had assumed to have been killed in the midst of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction: Maya.

What was worse, was that if it came down to a battle.... Otoha was familiar with several of her movements, and had likely heard more from hearsay and perhaps even from Omoi. The last time they had crossed blades, Raika had won; but that had been when her opponent was but a chuunin, his chakra still bright and warm.

If she had to, she would retreat. She refused to die again and, at the very least, the clash could bring her more information on just what the ex-BOLT Commander was now capable of.

But what would she do if things remained peaceful?

Light steps moved along a dirt road through the hamlet, the noise of bustling midday life surrounding her as brown eyes once more turned pupilless blue, studying the man who had nearly killed Omoi and orchestrated her home's destruction. She kept her cool, though her eyes were fully showing the deep ferocity that in the past had been concealed by gentle kindness.

"...why did you call me here?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Falling Inside the Black (Arzy)

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm

"Didn't call you here."

He'd appear behind her near soundlessly, still ten paces away. A sardonic smile tugging at the corner of his lips, dark markings curving up the sharp, angular lines of his cheekbones, Otoha would watch, one hand raising towards his brow in a mocking salute should she finally turn to face him. The same hand, two fingers still pressed together, would extend to point towards the mountain that the town had been built at the base of.

"Called you there. Here, well..." He'd laugh, a sharp, mocking sound, malice sparking in eyes as black as pitch. "Stupid woman. You probably just got a lot of people killed for no good reason. Now, I don't really care either way... but here I thought you - and she - were the moral sort. Light shining in a war-torn land and all that. Hell, you even went and tried to redeem that other black dragon, didn't you?"

Another sharp laugh, the dragon-like scales of his right arm flexing as the clawed hand clenches and unclenches.

"Heard a rumor about how well that went. First your village, then your lover. Damn shame."

His expression, ever mocking, taunting, would remain focused upon his target, left hand carelessly raised to push his hair out of his eyes.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm

A dry, defiant smile formed on her lips as she faced Otoha, her stance relaxed despite the danger she sensed with every fiber of her being.

She knew her mistake, but... for the moment, that wasn't among her top priorities. If another village was wiped off the map, with her bad judgement as the reason... it would be yet another burden she'd bear willingly.

"Seems like the same situation as Omoi, really. Though you were kind enough to make it quick."

She shrugged, her smile switching back to her earlier calm expression as brown eyes studied his pure black ones and his tattooed face.

"But what I meant by my question was, 'what do you want?' Surely you wouldn't call me out here just for a bit of meaningless banter."
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

"Forgetful, aren't we?"

His left hand, his still-human hand, would vanish into the deep pockets of his sleeveless ankle coat, the motion drawing the deeply-cut neckline across his chest, revealing a continuation of the dark markings on his face, flowing over a sharply formed muscular structure, skin still deeply tanned. Finding what he was searching for, lips drawn back in a wicked grin, teeth appearing razor sharp within his mouth, he'd draw a small, white-wrapped parcel out of the pocket. Snorting a laugh, he'd toss the bundle underhanded towards the blue-eyed woman.

As it flew, twisted through the air with a slight twist from his finger, an alteration in the wind sending it into an almost lazy spiral, a dark crimson spot would form at the base of the parcel, a few crimson drops of blood flinging free to splatter towards the woman's face before it'd enter range of her hands. Inside the bundle would be, of course, another two of Maya's fingers.

"Is that not why you're here?"
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:40 pm

A smooth reflex caught the bag, the woman hardly noticing the flecks of blood now adorning her face as she opened the bag. Silently closing it back up, it vanished smoothly from her grasp and her gaze returned to Otoha.

"I call that a way to get my attention. She's nowhere near here, right? So there must be something you want. It's just a matter of whether that something is a fight or if it's something you want me to do or give you. So why don't you just get to the point?"

She didn't expect anyone else to show up, so lengthening the talk was useless; if he decided to get violent, the villagers' deaths were just a matter of time, and any information she might glean would be just as useless, since Otoha wouldn't give anything important away. If he were the type to do that, he never would've gotten far in BOLT, after all.

And the fingers... they were all fresh. The liquid blood flecks on her face were proof enough of that. And as far as she saw, he had no reason to kill Maya, so she was likely still alive, suffering somewhere. As long as she wasn't dead, there was hope.

Not everyone could be saved, but she could damn well try to save those she could.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:04 pm

"Cold-blooded of you," he says, chuckling. "Funny part is, I'm the one they'll call a monster in all the books."

He'd pause, abyssal eyes scanning her from head to toe, as if noticing her for the first time. His lips would curve further upwards, smirking, appreciative.

"Shame, though. Great men do great things and history hates them for it. It's the people like you, the enablers, the ones that create the Ryuuchis, the Otohas, it's people like you that are the real monsters... regardless, why are you here? You are here because you have something I want. Not need, mind you. Want. Desire. You have an army. You'll give it to me, in exchange for the life of every citizen in this hamlet. And the lives of those in every other town nearby. And," he'd continue, "the life of the poor, poor girl those fingers came from, before she loses anything more... irreplaceable."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 pm

A quiet laugh escaped her lips.

"Have you forgotten so soon? You slaughtered that 'army' already. The few that are left aren't even good for scaring anyone. Besides.... I cut my connection to that contract, so I have no way of summoning them, anyway."

Brown eyes studied abyssal black, finding in them a reflection of the memory of complete nothingness, and she chuckled lightly, wondering if she could cheat death a second time.

"So then, Otoha," she grinned, tilting her head slightly to the side as her eyes grew feral, "What will you do since your want can't be fulfilled?"
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 pm

"Sure I can still find something fulfilling here," he'd murmur with a wide grin, dagger-like nails of his draconic right arm scraping loudly over the scaled palm. Otoha would laugh again, the sound loud and cheerful, despite the ever-present gleam of malice in his dark eyes. "I'm sure you're plenty lonely what with your beau off playing dark lord again, and you without a home to go back to. Tell you what. You keep me company-" He'd pause, the silence speaking volumes as to his intent. "And I'll see about making sure these people all live to see another sunrise. Deal?"
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Raika simply grinned fiercely in return, lifting a hand and curling it into a fist, middle finger pointing upwards.

"The only black dragon I intend to keep company is a redhead you're no match for, kid. Besides, you're more into blue-haired girls, right?"

He'd rubbed off on her more than she'd thought, she reflected briefly, a quiet fondness at the heart of it despite everything.

A hand moved to one of her katanas, thumb gently pushing it a little from its sheath.

"I'll be more than happy to satisfy one of your other swords, however. Why don't you show me how you've improved over the years, hm?"
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm

"Sword?"

He laughs again, fingers of his right hand slowly spreading apart, a bit of scale manipulation seeing the limb shifting into combat form, the nails becoming larger, more scythe-like, jagged blade-like protrusions slipping free of his lower arm and shoulder.

"Far as I can tell, you just turned down a chance at a sword. So, that considered..."

He'd step forward, the ten paces between them decreasing. Nine, eight, seven, his left hand would open, a mass of dark energy bleeding free of the flesh, forming a swirling vortex, spiraling in response to the subtle motion of his fingers. Six, five, four, and he'd attack, unseen, three slashes of his claw-like right arm lashing out, three light, superficial hits: once across her left thigh, once, vertically, along her torso, and once, ever so faintly, along her throat.

"Going to have to ask you to deliver a message. In death."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Blood trickled and Raika's eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she surveyed the slices in her precious kimono, feeling the slice directly over the kunai blade-sized scar on her throat as her head moved.

"Death, huh? Pretty dull place, last I saw. But who knows, maybe I didn't go all the way," she said, a single blink turning her eyes pupiless blue.

Her body moved into a smooth quickdraw then, fire and lightning crackling in a thin, superheated layer around the blade, simultaneously stepping forward with the movement as her quickdraw sent a diagonal upwards slice from the left at her opponent; if he moved, she'd give chase and flow into a cut from the opposite direction.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 pm

He'd study her body as she stepped forward, gifts, curses, working in unison; the Abyssal Gift seeing a sharp, focused clarity to his thoughts, the Revelations seeing that when he did act, it would be with a sudden, explosive fury. These moments of focused would see Dokusenjou established, an abstract sphere about his body, an extension of his consciousness, a constrict as smooth as silk and as sharp as any blade, representing a complete and utter mastery of the flow of tactical information, of the action and reaction, consequences of and relating to every minor move he could make, played out in an instant.

It was this technique, this constant flow of information, that would trigger the Revelation's fury, his right, scale-formed arm lashing out again as she draws, not towards her body, as interesting as ruining more of what had been a beautiful kimono would be, but towards her blade, a pitch-black palm taking the attack in full, letting the blade cleave lengthwise along his arm, biting deep, painfully, but ultimately seeing that the blow would be stopped, her weapon rendered immobile.

His left hand, meanwhile, with this opening, would lash out in an open palmed attack, the pent-up energy being shoved towards her chest in the very same attack that had seen Omoi splattered out across the better part of a room.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Her left hand released the katana's handle mid-movement, right hand carrying it through even as her left arm crossed under her right to draw her second katana, roughly pulling her first katana out of his arm in a deep slicing movement, hips twisting right with the movement to add further torque, to bring her second katana forward and her first back. Superheated fire and electricity burst with wind's fuel as she made an explosion of energy to combat his deadly attack and leapt away from her opponent, focusing chakra to her legs to launch herself into the skies, dark blue eyes trained on Otoha.

Meanwhile, the beginnings of panic had begun with her explosion as those living in the hamlet finally noticed the danger and began to flee.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 pm

He'd growl under his breath with pain, both from his ruined arm, and charred flesh, the explosion of energy parting around a thin focus of fuuton in front of his body and primarily surging into a house behind him, the structure, and those within, blown away. Before her eyes, his ruined flesh would lighten and mend, burns fading away to nothingness in a matter of seconds, his arm meanwhile becoming outwardly whole once more as the scales adjusted themselves, putting an end to the flow of black blood.

"Two dead," he'd declare, head jerking over his shoulder to the house Raika had ruined. A glance down to the undetonated energy in his palm, and then to the right, towards a fleeing resident, and he'd lunge forward, right hand finding the woman's upper arm in a tight grip before she'd had so much as a ghost of a chance of escaping, razor-sharp claws already staining the ground with the blood flowing down her arm.

"Three. Because of you."

On three, he'd press his palm against her spine, everything south of the woman's head, north of her hips, vaporized in a flash, gore staining the walls on the opposite side of the street. Casually, upon a staircase of dark light, he'd ascent to her level, as if he didn't have a care in the world.

Truth be told, he didn't.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 am

Her jaw set, and she shoved the thoughts of the deaths from her mind, barring her heart against them until she had the leisure for sadness and regret.

If she lost her focus, it could easily mean death.

A sphere of wind formed under her feet, keeping her floating in the sky as Otoha climbed his stairs and she took a moment to analyze the situation.

Otoha's regeneration abilities were far too quick for someone who had never delved deep into the medical arts.... His tattooing was likely fuuinjutsu. One of his human arms had been lost when he fought Ryuuchi, but he'd replaced it with a draconic one, far more powerful and dangerous.

...but what bugged her was that he had yet to use any swords or weapons, instead focusing on using his claws and energy-based attacks. It reminded her of how she herself had fought for a long time before finally picking up her old katanas again, finding them a comfort in the changing world.

But Otoha had always been far more devoted to weaponry than she had been in her youth. Where was that now?

"Otoha... why haven't you drawn any of your weapons?"
Raika

Next

Return to Townships and Cityscapes