Tick Tock Goes the Clock (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Tick Tock Goes the Clock (Oddy)

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Omoi paused in the TASAM's doorway to stare out at the night sky glimpsed through the doors to the balcony and at Dokutoru's room, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

Where had he run off to? He wasn't even familiar with the castle's layout aside from the path from the entrance into the den.... And his room was a couple floors up from that level, on the same floor as hers.

Teal eyes looked back at the control room of the TASAM, eyes narrowing briefly as she wondered if something had happened while she was asleep....

And then she looked back into her pocket dimension, reaching out into it with a hand as she stood just barely in the TASAM, a flow of chakra and a quick movement of her hand forming a chakra screen... in draconic. Luckily her systems had recognized her even in this... altered... state.

In a matter of moments she was running a search for traces of the time traveler in her castle; even if he had wandered outside, it would show her his path of movement. Or if he had wandered up instead of down and had managed to end up in the library, which was kept in an entirely separate pocket dimension attached to a door in one of the towers....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 pm

As Omoi searched the castle for traces of Dokutoru, she would find that he never went further than the balcony. He appeared to have done a lot of pacing around. If Omoi was able to tell, the most recent trace ended at the large bed.

"Nope!" Dokutoru tossed the layer of blankets off of him. "The bed is much too soft." He sat up, aware of Omoi in the room. His hair was hardly messy, it was likely he hadn't been laying underneath the covers for more than a couple minutes.

Shifting his position, his legs hung off the bed and his feet touched the ground. A hand ran through his hair to fix it as best as he could.

"You were out for a while. I nearly forgot you were there!" He laughed. Had he forgotten anyone else in the TASAM in his travels? "I was tempted to explore your castle... but I can't say I have a very good sense of direction. I've gotten lost in the TASAM more times than I feel comfortable sharing." So what had he done for ten hours?

Hands folded, forearms resting on his knees, he looked to Omoi. "So, how do you feel? Is it time?"

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Omoi laughed gently despite the results of the trace, a flick of her hand shifting the screen back into a menu.

"First, there's an option in the guest menu I showed you before that should let you adjust how soft or firm the bed is. Second, I can give you a tour if you'd like. Third...."

She raised her hand to inspect her palm, focusing....

"...yep, I think all the regeneration energy's faded now. So we can get started at any time... though it might be better to head into one of my medical labs before we start, even if I can achieve a similar set-up in here with some work, but I might not have all the back-ups readily available in here."

Omoi stepped from the TASAM then, stretching her arms over her head with a yawn before setting a hand on her hip, cocking her head slightly to the side with her gentle gaze on her old friend.

"So why were you pacing so much while I was asleep? Worried?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm

The man turned to look at the bed at the mention of an adjustment option in the guest menu. It struck his interest, but ultimately, Omoi would most likely never find Dokutoru intentionally sleeping on it. Though, the fact that making it "springier" was a possibility made him quite curious. How high could the time lord jump on it?

Clapping his hands together, Dokutoru popped up from the bed. "Okay. My turn." A finger pointed to Omoi. "One. I'd much prefer a tour where you follow me around and subtly give me hints when I've just gone around in circles. What's the point of a giant mansion if you can't get a little lost in it?" He smiled, lowering his arm. Though much like his TASAM, there were most likely hidden dangers in the castle. Not that Dokutoru minded. "B. Medical lab sounds like a good idea to me. I don't want you regenerating on me again and passing out for another day. Or was it a few hours...?" He shook his head before raising his arm and waving his finger in the air. "And third... or is it C? Ah... I wasn't pacing terribly long. You think I just walked around in the same room for... however long it was you were asleep? Time is precious, Omoi!" He exclaimed. "I was off having adventures while you were snoozing!" Kasai's hot springs were quite difficult to get to without money.

"As much as I like the blue hair, I'd like to see you back to normal." He rubbed his hand in her messy dull blue hair. "One heart and dragon scales."

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:07 pm

"My normal hair's still blue, remember? Though more blue. Brighter blue? Bah. I like my sapphire hues. Having my voice back would be nice, too... and my scales.... My normal hair is made of lots of tiny scales, actually, did I ever mention that?"

She rubbed a few strands between her index finger and thumb, still able to feel the subtle difference in texture between human hair and scale-hair despite her weakened senses. After a moment she shrugged, catching his hand in hers as she took the lead, gently pulling him to and out the door as she opened it into a long hall of white stone filled with doors, a few marked with names on metal plates, but most bare; as the door closed behind him, it showed "Dokutoru" in black Ryuujinscale upon the metal plate on his own door. Golden orbs of light floated near the high ceiling, giving the hallway the feeling of being lit by daylight.

Omoi paused then as they stood in the hallway, teal eyes settling on the name plates designating the owner of each room: Dokutoru's, Kurado-san's, Ulquiorra-san's, Kaitou-kun's, Raika's... and then there was her own room, Otoha's name on the same plate as hers. Her free hand ran through her hair before she smiled at her old friend. "Stairway at either end of the hall, this is the third floor above ground level, which is where the den and kitchen are. We need to head to the basement level, so... hope you don't mind lots of stairs."

And with that, she started walking towards the nearest staircase, passing between a pair of tapestries hanging on either wall: one depicting blue skies above an ancient forest--the Chiroptera--while the other showed mountains and Kumo's sprawl from the days before its destruction.

And then the spiral staircase, going down and down and down, passing the second and ground level until finally they reached the base of the staircase and Omoi stepped out into a hallway of grayer stone, though veins of white still flowed through it, balls of light making this hall as bright as the one holding the bedrooms... though, in this case, the doors remained unmarked.

"This one should do, I think," she commented as she opened one of the doors, nodding once as she saw the interior before stepping inside, releasing Dokutoru's hand as she walked by various bits and pieces of machinery both common in most current medical facilities and not; many she had designed herself, concealing the fuuinjutsu that powered and controlled it from within. Screens of both chakra and glass waited for instruction, and in the middle of the room was what appeared to be an operation table with clear flaps, seemingly of fabric, hanging off to either side. Again, the room was lit by light orbs, though these seemed noticeably dimmer than the hallways....

"Alright, the system itself has various protocols programmed into it already, but you might have to stop or adjust them in the case of any emergency. It'll follow voice commands and typed commands, depending on preference.... Usually I leave it keyed into my own voice, though, so I'll need a voice sample from you if you want to use that type of command. Beyond that... setting it up is pretty simple," she hit a few keys on a chakra screen she had conjured up, a compacted set of controls for the room. "And... there. Ready to begin the alteration as soon as I lay down. Any questions before we begin?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 am

He smiled at the mention of her smaller scales and the blue-ness of her hair. Dokutoru was quite aware of her hair color, but the blue of it now was much like his. For all intents and purposes, she really was his sister. Family didn't mean the same thing to Kouinjoutei as it did to people were on Earth. Dokutoru had siblings... it just simply didn't matter.

"Nice touch." He commented, spinning on his heel, open frock coat swaying, as he admired the plate with his name on it. The man glazed over Kurado's name, still not overly fond of the man, and his expression saddened upon reading Otoha. He hadn't made much progress in his research of Gods. Hopefully Kurado had.

"Love stairs. In fact, I think the TASAM needs more stairs. King of Stairs they call me! Actually... no they don't. Don't call me that." He rambled as they began their descent. Thankfully, they weren't going up stairs.

Turning, Dokutoru's eyes bounced all over the very elaborate room. It almost looked like one that would belong on the TASAM. "Uh... voice command. Definitely voice command." He requested, before the Kouinjoutei girl asked for a audio sample from him. "Okay. I can do that. What should I say?" And then she went on clicking against keys. "Oh." Not exactly a fascinating audio sample.

Rubbing his hands together, Dokutoru eventually shrugged. "No questions. I'm sure it'll be a smooth process. I'll be right here with you. So let's do this." He wanted to make sure she was comfortable, despite his own worries of the process and his own capabilities of working the system. Hopefully the process would run without fault.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Omoi nodded, walking over to the apparent operation table and laying down on it.

"Here goes nothing.... Program: start."

Teal eyes closed as the flaps around the table rose to form a clear cocoon, glowing fuuinjutsu flowing across them as she kept her breathing slow and steady.

She could feel the energy flowing within her to fight off the change, orange glowing around the woman--and then it was gone, and the eyes that opened were sapphire, words flashing across the chakra screens saying the operation was a success and no anomalies were detected.

Omoi exhaled softly as the cocoon unfurled and she sat up, fingering a bit of sapphire hair with a smile.

"That's more like it...."

She stood up smoothly, only to end up stumbling against Dokutoru as a wave of weakness and dizziness overtook her.

"No worries, nothing I didn't expect.... Just went from two hearts to one, after all...."

A soft laugh escaped her lips as she righted herself, keeping a hand on her old friend's shoulder to keep steady as she grinned at him.

"See? Wasn't anything to worry about, after all."

Her free hand flexed, turned sapphire and clawed and draconic, and soon she was dropping to all fours and shifting completely, shuffling her wings and flexing her tail; she wasn't at her full size, of course, being only about three feet high at the shoulder, but it felt good to be unrestricted and in a more natural state once more.

"Now, where were we.... Oh! Tour. Well. You were wanting to wander and get lost, at least. How about we do that upstairs? This is all lab space down here...."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Partially covering his eyes, the light coming from the cocoon was bright. It was, in a way, very similar to how a Kouinjoutei would undergo regeneration. Dokutoru figured the process had the same basic principles.

A smile lit up Dokutoru's face as he saw his companion emerge from the cocoon. Catching her as she stumbled, he laughed at her comment. "Yes, one heart is rubbish! Don't know how you guys do it." Dokutoru had spent a brief period of time with a single heart. Never again.

He kept his smile at her remark about the process having gone smoothly. Dokutoru would have liked to belief so. In his experience, nothing ever truly went without a hitch. For now, though, he would take this as a victory.

"Yes! A tour would be great!" He clapped his hands together. His eyes wandered the lab again. "I don't get to see laboratories very often! It is by no means boring!" Nearly touching a rather extravagant looking machine, he reeled back his hand, deciding against it.

"...However, I have to momentarily decline." He turned to Omoi with a smile again. "During the time you were sleeping I was checking up on the TASAM, making sure she was in top condition. I need to take her on a test run. I would offer you to come with me but... I would like your body to rest. You have been exposed to a lot of time energy in a short period of time." A reasonable request. He did not want to overexert Omoi. "Lords forbid another trip in the TASAM so soon causes something awful to happen to you." Always worried.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Omoi frowned slightly for a moment before she smiled, nodding in understanding. As a doctor, she could understand his concerns about exposing herself to time energy again. As a scientist, she knew he needed to make sure the TASAM was still running properly.

As a friend, though... she worried about him just as much as he worried about her.

They kept ending up in all of these near-death-and-doom experiences, but they always separated so soon afterwards, with so little time, of all things, to calm each other down. And he'd just leave and probably get himself in even more predicaments, with his luck. At least she wasn't the only one looking out for him, though, according to what glimpses she'd had into his mind.

Both wings spread out, coming forward and around to pull Dokutoru into a rather odd hug, the side of her head pressing gently against the side of his.

"Just make sure you stay safe, alright? And give my regards to... Green, I think it was?"

She chuckled softly, gently pulling back as she grinned, her wings folding.

"Before you leave, though, how about a quick flight? I'll take it much easier on you than last time. And a quick bit of phasing will have us outside in a matter of moments. Ah... and I'd also like to adjust that tag I gave you a little, I thought up something that might come in handy earlier."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Blinking, Dokutoru gave Omoi a surprised look. How did she know who Green... oh right. The mind melding. Dokutoru wondered what else Omoi had learned while she was in his noggin. Now that he thought on it, though, he learned quite a few things about Omoi as well. "Good luck with restoring Kumo." Dokutoru would have offered his assistance in the fight but... he was not a man of war. Omoi must have understood.

"Flight?" His mind jumped back to the last flight. Dokutoru didn't enjoy it particularly much. Then again, he was forced to take flight with Kurado, and he wasn't very fond of him. Even now, if a problem arose where Kurado's supernatural expertise would come in handy, Dokutoru would be hesitant to call upon him. "You have seen me on the TASAM, right? I have awful balance! And heights... oh boy..." He briefly rubbed his arms as if he was shivering, his sea green eyes hopped to Omoi. A smile came over his face. "You're lucky I'm incredibly brave!" Chuckling he shook his hands by his side, as if he was prepping for a brawl. "A flight sounds fantastic!"

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Omoi chuckled softly.

"Balance won't be an issue if I strap you to my back."

And for a moment she vanished, phased, only to solidify underneath her old friend, lifting him into the air from his new perch atop her back, bands of Ryuujinscale holding his legs firmly in place against her sides while more Ryuujinscale formed handholds for him to steady himself with.

"And... off we go!"

And the dragoness bounded towards the wall opposite the door, phasing herself and Dokutoru through with ease, the two soon finding themselves in daylight as she leapt into the skies, powerfully beating her wings as she rose ever higher above her white castle and the spray of the sea, the beach and forest coming into view as she gradually spiraled upwards, taking it nice and slow....
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

"Whoa!" In a moment's notice he found himself on the back of his friend, his legs locked into place so he couldn't move. It was definitely safer, but he wasn't terribly fond of not being able to get off. Though, if Dokutoru couldn't keep himself balanced on the TASAM without hanging onto the guard rail, Omoi had the right idea to strap her friend in.

"Wait, Omoi--!" Dokutoru shouted, seconds before Omoi took off. Had he been allowed to finish, he wasn't quite sure what he would have said. Some excuse to not have to be exposed to heights. Or phase through a wall that Dokutoru was quite certain they were about to hit. The whole way out of the castle the man shouted. Until they made it to fresh air.

Omoi could no doubt hear the time lord exhaling as he quieted down vocally. It was an astonishing sight to behold. Dokutoru knew of the forest, and the beach and the sea... but he never got this perspective on them. "Well..." He began, his sea green eyes moving over the landscape. "...You've carved yourself a nice pocket dimension." He wasn't one to verbally express his full feelings, but hopefully the point came across that he thought it was beautiful.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:31 pm

He'd always been pretty vocal, so she wasn't surprised at the sheer amount of noise her friend made before they were out of the castle....

And then they were in air, and she grinned at his praise, gazing out over her little world.

The only safe-haven she had, forced into existence by willpower and tenacity.

But... could it be considered 'home'?

Her grin faded as she gazed up at the blue sky, slowly circling ever-higher.

"Ne, Dokutoru... what would you consider 'home' to be?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:02 pm

"Home?" Dokutoru questioned, momentarily forgetting about his fear of heights. Well, almost. Omoi could no doubt feel the older man clutching onto the scales on her back.

"Technically, my home is in my own dimension, The Hidden Time Village." The words didn't come out quite like he thought they would. It was very hesitant. Questionable. As if Dokutoru himself didn't trust the words that came out of his mouth. It had been happening more and more. The time lord found himself separating from the rest of the Kouinjoutei.

"...I guess I'm not entirely sure." A single chuckle came from on top Omoi's back. A hand rose to rub the back of his neck. "The TASAM has been more of a home ever since I, uh, borrowed her. All those years ago. With how much I travel, Omoi, I can't say I have a solid home." The TASAM was the closest thing he had. He appreciated the TASAM more than he could express.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:48 pm

The dragoness nodded quietly, gazing upon the curved horizon, so much moreso than the world she was born in.

Such a small world compared to the land of countries rising and falling and fraying at the edges.

"I... don't know where home is anymore. I used to be so sure of it, back when things still made sense, even as they were breaking around me. But now...."

She sighed softly, slowly circling, her eyes closing.

"'Home is where the heart is'... where is my heart anymore? Fragmented in dozens of locations, but never quite whole? I don't know."

A soft, hollow laugh.

"Sorry. I'll head back towards your room."

Her eyes opened, and ever so gently she was winging her way down to his balcony.
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways