Tick Tock Goes the Clock (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Tick Tock Goes the Clock (Oddy)

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:29 am

Upon landing, Dokutoru rubbed the back of Omoi's head. He hopped off of his companion and circled around her so the man was directly facing her. "Well, I guess we have that in common, eh?" It was no surprise, especially to someone like Omoi, that Dokutoru had his fair share of negative emotions. Without a solid home, he always felt a bit... unstable. The TASAM was a home, but it was a mobile home. Dokutoru never stopped.

"The difference between us, though, is that I've always never really had a home. I've always just been... running around." He smiled, shrugging. He ran away from the Hidden Time Village for the first time when he was just thirteen. Things hadn't really changed much in eighty years. "You seem to have a couple. Some not in terribly great conditions, some with people in not so great conditions." He knew of Kumo's difficulties in the current time period. He knew Omoi felt pulled in multiple directions... multiple directions that didn't really lead anywhere good.

Putting a hand on Omoi again, Dokutoru kept his smile. "I wish I had a nice answer for you, or a way to help, but this is something I know you'll pull through. I don't have to peak into the future to know you'll come out all right. I have faith in you." Sometimes faith was just enough. "And, of course, I'll always be there for you when you need me."

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 pm

His words brought a small smile to Omoi's muzzle before she shifted back to human form, hugging her old friend.

"Thanks, Dokutoru-san. And, of course, you know where to find me whenever you need me."

She grinned up at him then, gently ruffling his hair, before her eyes turned to the TASAM's open door and her face fell.

"Do you have to go?"

Her arms gently released him, thinking for a moment before passing her old friend and darting into the TASAM.

"One last thing... Oh, where did you--ah! Here it is."

And then she emerged with the tag she had given him, sitting down on the edge of the bed and flicking up a large chakra screen that rapidly filled with the current fuuinjutsu set-up for the tag before gradually altering to include bits and pieces from what she had gleaned when they were sharing their fuuinjutsu knowledge, until it finally settled and she was quickly explaining what each bit was for....

"...so, think this'll allow it to be used as a sort of trans-time-space communicator? Though I'm not sure how it'll synch up the overall time difference between conversations... hopefully it won't be an immense time difference on my side," she chuckled lightly.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 am

"I think you need to rest." He smiled to Omoi's question of his departure. He wasn't about to pull Omoi onto another adventure after what they had just been through. If any harm came to her because of Dokutoru's love of travel...

Taking a step back, Dokutoru's eyes widened as Omoi retrieved something for the time traveler. He hadn't expected a parting gift from his companion. "Oh wow." Coming to her side on the bed, Dokutoru took the tag and analyzed it. Tapping it with his finger, parts of the seal glowed blue. "Communication through time? Not a problem! I have similar communications. They're usually a one time deal, but this seems a bit more lasting. Give me an hour or two, and I can make this thing work real well in contacting you in a 'time-friendly' manner." He thought for a moment, eyes wandering to the balcony. "For the most part. Hopefully you won't get a call from me one hundred years in the future." He smiled, putting the tag into his maroon frock coat. It was a concern that was all too possible when friends with Dokutoru. And the implications for speaking to a future version of Dokutoru likely meant that she would have to keep it a secret, lest risking altering time.

"Be safe, Omoi. I like to think my companions are out of harm's way while I'm not around." A sort of miserable thought that Dokutoru carried around. "Safe, but bored. Terribly bored." He smirked, moving from Omoi. From time to time, Dokutoru excited things up for the people who he visited. For the people who become involved in his life.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:32 pm

A soft laugh escaped her lips then.

"You're far from the only source of danger in my life, Dokutoru, but I'll try. And you'd better make those adjustments a priority before some random event befalls you!"

She stuck out her tongue playfully, though something... potentially bad happening to her friend the moment he left her sight was very much a possibility.

It seemed they were both a bit melancholic in their thoughts today.

Omoi's gaze lingered on the older time traveler for a long moment then before she pulled him into another hug.

"Take care of yourself. And make sure you don't run through any of your lives too quickly, alright?"

And then she was gently releasing him with a smile and a ruffling of his hair.

"See you later, Dokutoru."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 pm

"Yes! Top priority!" He was probably lying. Who knew what his priorities even were. It was likely he had multiple goals running at any given time. But it was a safe bet that tuning the communicator Omoi had given him was important to him. She had a point after all, random events had a way of popping up at the most inconvenient times for the man.

Dokutoru returned the hug, laughing at her concern. "Oh please! I'm a bit more careful than that! I'm nearly ninety-three and I'm only on my second life!" He exclaimed after pulling away from her. Slapping his hands together, his eyes looked to the ground and he bit his inner cheek. "Sort of. Technically it's not my life, it's... Ah..." He waved his hands and laughed, it was quite a long story.

Walking from Omoi, he turned around within the door frame of the TASAM. "Catch you 'round, Tenshi." He smirked, giving a wink before spinning on his heel, his frock coat swaying with him, and retreating into the TASAM. The door of the TASAM shut, it having disguised itself like a wardrobe.

With a loud rhythmic groan that faded into nothingness like the wardrobe that had once stood before Omoi, Dokutoru was off again to Lords knew where or when.

[ End ]

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Previous

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways