Goddess of the Hunt | [ Ryuuchi ]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Goddess of the Hunt | [ Ryuuchi ]

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 pm

A few candles lit up a rather dark room, as much as a few weak flames could. A table in the center of a young archer's apartment was covered with a white cloth. This cloth was a unique sigil drawn out on it, looking like a pattern of fuuinjutsu shaped in the form of a winding spiral.

Walking over to the table, Ninoya carried a two piece metal pole that was shaped like an 'L' along with a folded map in her other hand. Map on top of the sigil, the archer set down the metal object. She pulled a shard from her pocket that was bound by a white string. Tying the string to the extending branch of the silvery object that was clearly a stand, Ninoya watched as the shard swung slowly like a pendulum.

This shard, in fact, was a scale from the wandering shinobi Muryuu. It was a piece of him. Not just his DNA, not his biological makeup, but a very spiritual part of the man. And it was this aspect Ninoya intended to use to her advantage. She needed help in a recent mission she was undertaking. She needed help from the same man who she was ready to kill months ago.

Running her hand down the string to the scale, Ninoya's other hand formed a concentration sign. The flames in the room continued to dance, leaning gently toward the center of the room as Ninoya cut her finger on Muryuu's sharp scale. Exhaling slowly, Ninoya's bleeding finger pressed against the scale, causing it swing once more.

Her green eyes watched in anticipation as the scale stopped obeying physics and begun to lean toward a section of the map that it floating just centimeters above. Coming to a stop, Ninoya gave a scoff. The scale had stopped over the southern region of the Snow Country. "He's lucky he's not a wanted man here." Hand moving up to the string, the young woman undid the knot, swinging the scale so it landed in her open palm.

The scale tracked down Muryuu, with perfect accuracy. Ninoya was an archer, a hunter. Her most dangerous hunt was upon her, a dragon. She needed to collect an alley to help her slay the beast, as she was incapable of doing so, at her level of skill anyway. So, to gather him, she had to use one of her best skills: hunting. And damn if she wasn't good at it.

Not wasting time, it wasn't more than a couple hours later Ninoya arrived at the village she could only assume Muryuu had gone to, given the location the scale was pointing. Black cloak helped partially shield her from the cold, though not buttoned very well to reveal the forest green outfit she had on underneath.

"All right." She muttered, hand reaching through the collar of her cloak to pull out the scale which she had turned into the centerpiece of a necklace. Letting it hang down by her covered bust, she refocused her vision back to the town. "Where are you?" When she neared the outlaw's location it would react more to his presence. That is, it would lift more significantly and point toward Muryuu the closer she got.

She would, of course, try the bar first.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Goddess of the Hunt | [ Ryuuchi ]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed May 22, 2013 6:31 pm

The reason for being that place didn't really matter anymore, he did have one though, a really good one, but it all took the back seat the moment the fight started. And for once, Muryuu had absolutely nothing to do with the fight that was completely wrecking up the shady bar. From the moment he had gone inside to when a random idiot hit him in the back with a wooden chair, Muryuu had stayed quiet and to himself, he had been trying to control his urges for a few months and it started paying off. But then some of the patrons started shouting at each other over a game of cards, it seemed like one of them won but the others accused him of cheating and soon enough the fight started. As the four men fought, Muryuu stayed put and sipped his drink, other patrons on the other hand, started getting pulled into the fight and pretty soon most of the men inside were punching each other's lights out.

Then the chair hit his back and broke to pieces, it didn't particularly hurt but it was enough of an excuse for his control to fly and let him give in the the urge of joining that he had been trying to suppress. The guy that hit him with the chair was the first, the large glass in his hand shot right at the man's head and shattered releasing what little of its content it still had. When the man turned to Muryuu while holding the spot where he was hit, all he saw was a fist heading straight for his face which sent him flying back across the whole bar.
Muryuu quickly turned to two guys punching each other next to him and solved the struggle quickly by grabbing both of them by the back of their necks and bashing their skulls together. Another chair suddenly hit his back again and he turned around to see another random patron holding a slightly broken chair and an angry look. The middle aged man lifted the chair again and sent it downward at Muryuu, breaking it over his head however Muryuu didn't even flinch. The lack of reaction made the man step back and pick up another chair, hitting Muryuu once again but obtaining the same results. After he picked up the third chair and swung it down, Muryuu finally moved, grabbing the chair with one hand and the man's shirt collar with the other. The man was pulled in the white haired teen's direction with so much force he seemed like a rag-doll, before his face made contact with Muryuu's hard head and snapped back with blood coming from his nose flying everywhere. Finally Muryuu picked the man up and threw it hard through the window closest to the entrance.

Amongst the fighting patrons there was another one besides Muryuu that was beating people up left and right, he was a large middle-aged man with a fantastic red beard and bald head. The man was nearly twice as tall as everyone in the building and his arms were as thick as logs, he was easily capable of picking adult men up and slam them with great force on the ground. When the man saw Muryuu hardly flinch at getting hit he couldn't help but smile and with a new target he charged at the teen. The fist that the size of Muryuu's head roared at his chest with all its owner's might but before it reached its destination a smaller open hand stopped it. The force from the man's punch was actually impressive, the wooden floor under Muryuu's right foot cracked when he shifted his weight into it but the punch was stopped nonetheless.

One moment the large man was standing with both feet on the ground, the next he was in the air and the one after that he was slammed on his back, gasping for air. Everyone fighting that saw the scene stopped, they just witnessed a giant being slammed into the ground by a kid half his size, one that actually looked quite slim and delicate...it was shocking, especially for the large man.
The second Muryuu released the man's fist, the giant stood up, stumbled a couple of feet away and stopped with his hands on one of the tables, it looked as if he was trying to catch his breath but in truth he quickly lifted the table and swung it down on Muryuu, however the white haired teen reacted much quicker than him and executed a perfectly beautiful backward spin kick on the table, breaking it and sending the man stumbling a step backward before falling on his behind.

Muryuu looked down at the man, who sitting down was not much shorter than he was and started walking toward him, cracking his knuckles as he did. The man, on the other hand, didn't even move as he was more in shock than everyone else...the kid was much smaller and weak looking, but through his eyes all he could see was a giant monster, so big it cast a shadow over him while moving to eat its prey. Muryuu grabbed the man by his jacket and pulled his fist back...one punch was the plan, he was sure that the man could take one of his punches if he held back a bit.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 am

"Of course." Ninoya muttered, her hand just below Muryuu's enchanted scale which was levitating toward the front door the bar. More than that though, the archer could hear fighting noises beyond the door. She wasn't surprised, given what she knew about the violent man.

Swinging the door open, Ninoya followed the pointing shard through the small crowd of fighting civilians. Pushing more than just a couple people out of the way to get to the center of the action.

"Muryuu!" The fiery haired girl shouted, hand pushing aside a man who was standing at the wayside watching the battle. "Let's not do this all over again." She threatened, referring to the unfortunate accident with Houdoku who died after a fatal punch from the bar-fighting shinobi.

She nodded her head toward the door of the bar, hair bouncing as she did so. The huntress kept a single hand hovering just below the scale which tugged gently on the string it was bound to. Muryuu would probably recognize it, seeing as it came from his own body. "I need your help with something. So come on. If you want to punch somebody you're more than welcome at a free shot at me later. Let the ginger giant go." His beard was pretty impressive.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri May 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Of course it was her, who else would be at the right place and time to ruin his fun?

After she called out to him it felt like all the bloodlust he had that drove him to keep fighting beyond simple self defense simply vanished, not so much before of her words which she ignored, but mostly due to her overall presence because for some reason it felt like she was that annoying neighborhood girl that acted more mature than the rest of the kids and would bitch and moan at him for an eternity over the simplest and most trivial of reasons. And there was also something else he noticed that drove his attention away from the fight.

Muryuu's hand released the large ginger bearded man's shirt, letting his big body fall to the floor with a clearly shocked expression on his face. Murmurings from the rest of the patrons began to swirl around the place while Muryuu quickly walked to his seat and picked up the large sword he had left sitting against the bar counter. After placing the sword on his back however, he made a clear b-line toward Ninoya with a frown on his face.

"What the hell are you doing with my sca..."

However his somewhat aggressive rush and question were interrupted when a large body stepped between him and Ninoya. The same giant from before had not only gotten to his feet but also made his own b-line toward Ninoya, however unlike Muryuu, the large man dropped to one knee in front of her and lowered his head. The large man took a deep breath and then started shouting at the top of his lungs.

"M'lady! My name is Angus MacAngus, son of Angus MacAngus and grandson of Angus MacAngus! I am a wandering warrior from a distant land! I was touched by your compassion and impressed by the way you tamed that beast that nearly ended my life! Please allow me to serve as your personal warrior to repay my debt!!!"

And the next moment his face met the ground as Muryuu slammed his foot on top of the man's head quite aggressively and angry. His hands reached up to unhook one side of his mask so he could voice his bad disposition with more freedom.

"Who the hell are you calling tamed!?"

He shouted at the bald head under his foot and then turned his eyes toward Ninoya.

"And you! Why do you have my scale, how did you find me and what do you want from me?"

It was only when he noticed the talking behind them again that he realized he just removed his mask in front of a large group of people...again...prompting him to putting the mask back on in a rush.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri May 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Eyes darted from Muryuu to the giant, Ninoya took a step back as he fell on one knee. The archer curled her left hand into a fist as he shouted his request to the whole bar. Her face twitched, arm about to reel back as Muryuu intervened. She had a right mind to give the giant a slug in the face herself.

Green pupils popping from the floor to Muryuu, she nodded to the exit door once again. "If you want answers, let's take this outside. Please." The orange haired woman folded her arms across her chest. "Ladies first." She said, tapping her foot as she waited for Muryuu to release the large man. Her raised eyebrows gave a look that read, "no I'm not joking, hurry it up."

As Muryuu walked to the exit, Ninoya momentarily leaned down to the giant. "Spread some of that compassion you saw in me to others. That's how you can repay your debt."

Click

The door shut behind the chuunin as she followed Muryuu out into the rather desolate street. "After our last tussle," Ninoya began, getting straight to the point, brushing aside a few stray hairs that didn't agree with the wind. "One of your shards got stuck in my shoulder. That hurt, by the way. I kept it, in case I needed to track you down. Which I have, using some... unique fuuinjutsu." A bit witchcraft-y, actually. The shard necklace had expelled its power, so it simply dangled around her neck, brushing along her black cloak. "I kept the shard to examine the thing, I've only seen scales like that on one beast before. Dragons, which is why I came to find you. I'm hunting one down, and I want your help." Ninoya said, matter-of-factly, as if Muryuu was expected to just jump in on the Dragon slaying train.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat May 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Poor Angus, the woman that saved him also rejected him. Her kind and wise words were not capable of masking the truth of her feelings to him, he could see it in her eyes and hear it in her very words, he would be a burden to her and that wrenched at his heart. His dark brown, almost black, eyes rose to look at her and never left her image until the door closed behind her and the monster of a boy.

Outside, Muryuu had already all but forgotten about the ginger bearded giant and focused his whole attention on the scale in her hand and the explanation she provided as to how she found him. He really did not like the idea that the very same girl that tried to imprison and possibly kill him a few months ago suddenly had the ability to accurately track him down using a discarded piece of his scales...worst yet, one that he used in an attack against her during that same "scuffle".

"You have my deepest apologies."

He stopped in his tracks and apologetically bowed his head to her, something he rarely did to anyone at all.

"I didn't realize how hard I hit you in the head when we fought, because only someone with a damaged brain would spout the crap you just did."

The same chick who he had to hold back from killing a few months before and was able to barely put a dent in his scales apart from her weird lightning jutsu just proposed the brilliant idea of killing a dragon. Despite never having encountered a real dragon in his life, Muryuu had the next best things to go by. Not counting his father, who's dragon form was quite possibly much bigger and terrifying than that of any dragon they'd ever meet, he and two of his own siblings had dragon forms of their own. He fought his brother while both of them were in dragon forms before and it didn't end well for him, not to mention that their sister who was even stronger than both of them clearly stated once that she was weaker than a full blooded dragon. His sword aside, he doubted that his scales were even strong enough to break through a real dragon's scales.
True that his clan was once known for killing dragons, but that was a long time ago when the blood of the dragons wasn't as weak and diluted as the one in his veins. Ninoya's idea was suicide.

"I abilities similar to dragons but that doesn't mean I can stand a chance against one...an adult would tear us apart in seconds. Not to mention that..."

He suddenly stopped himself from continuing as dots started connecting themselves in his head, the idea was still stupid...but her presence could be helpful for something else.

"Fine then, but I want those scales when we're done. Lead the way."

He said out of nowhere, accepting her "request" for help in the little suicide mission.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun May 26, 2013 9:48 pm

An eyebrow raised at the older man bowing before her. This quickly sparked into an annoyed look followed by a nasty toned comment. "Excuse me?" She asked, arms folded just below her bust, hand leaning forward as if she truly must have misheard Muryuu.

"...That what? Afraid you might get hurt?" She smirked, hoping pushing his buttons would help sway his mind. Of course, she wasn't expecting it to be so easy.

"What? Seriously?" Straightening out her back, Ninoya lightly twisted her neck as she rose an eyebrow once again. "That easy? I was expecting more of a fight out of you. I had a whole little speech prepped. Hell, you're walking around here without a bounty on my head because I fought the Snow Country militia for you." Ninoya's shoulders rose and then fell, scoffing as she began walking toward and then past Muryuu, expecting him to just follow. "Don't know what I'm arguing for now, I guess. Let me give you the lowdown on the situation before we take off."

Planting herself at a table next to a poor excuse for a children's playground, Ninoya unfurled a map of the Land of Snow across the wooden surface. A few areas were highlighted with short descriptions beside them. "Here." He finger pointed at an already circled part of the map. "I've gotten word that this town has been harassed by a dragon for the past week. The same dragon, in fact. Other traveling groups and White Ops members have provided information so I could triangulate where the beast's 'nest', if you will, is." He finger moved a few centimeters which lead a small portion up a mountain which was slashed through with a red pen. "This must be where it settles in, where it takes its food to eat. The best part, too, is that it's not an adult dragon. It's a young adolescent fire dragon, so it isn't all powerful. So that's where we're going." It was an ambitious goal, but one that Ninoya was very serious about.

"You going to keep that mask on this whole time, too? Unless you've done a lot more criminal shit than I know of, I don't know why you bother with the thing." She leaned across the table a bit, green eyes flicking about the mask. "What I still don't get is why you were so quick to help me. I suppose I shouldn't be pushing my luck here, but you can't blame a girl for being suspicious." Taking the map, she rolled it back up.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 pm

"I have my reasons, do you really need to know if I'm still going to help you regardless? If I feel that you should know, I'll be sure to tell you."

Muryuu completely avoided the topic about his mask while at the same time dying her information about his true intentions. It's not that he never took off his mask, he had grown used to using it while around other people but whenever he felt like he was alone the mask always came off. It was a habit that had grown from a need of hiding his face to throw off others that held interest in locating him, the Law wasn't the only one that sought out people with intention of capture and there was a certain group of people that was much scarier than any law enforcer that he didn't want to alert of his presence. That, of course, did not mean that he would never be taking off his mask. He had already ascertained that Ninoya did not belong to that group and considering he had already shown her his face, it would be fine for him to remove his mask...later on...when nobody else was around.

"Fire dragon..."

Muryuu went back to the information Ninoya had provided him, glancing over the map once more before she put it away. If it was a young fire dragon then hunting it might not be as hard as he had initially thought. There would have been a major problem if the beast turned out to hold dominance over elements like lightning or ice but fire was easily manageable by him and thinking about it a bit, the two of them were stylistically a great match with him serving as a tank and her dealing damage from the back...though this was all on paper, real battles never really go according to plan especially when fighting a predator at the top of the food chain.

"Triangulating, information gathering...you don't need things like that. Keep your eyes, nose and ears ready, check its hunting and feeding grounds and track your prey...that's true hunting."

He said while checking the equipment in the bag he carried on his back next to the large sword. Honestly he never carried around much, his abilities made it so that he never really had a need for carrying around tools, plus his high body heat and scales took away the need for tents and blankets so his bag was filled with emergency rations and some personal items like extra clothing, if he wanted he could even make clothes out of his scales like many of his clan did but it always felt strange to him.

Once ready he flung the bag over his shoulder and looked in the direction they should be heading.

"You're planning on walking there? It'll take a while..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Ninoya remained silent in the face of Muryuu's rather snappy comeback, which was unusual for the hot headed archer. She tried taking his comment a level deeper, thinking about it more than just the superficial "I don't feel like telling you" response that it seemed to be. She respected the man's decision as well. For now, anyway.

"Yes, fire." An orange eyebrow raised as she looked at the wanderer. Something about it had peaked his interest, but of course he wasn't sharing. The Yuki-nin wasn't sure what else she would have expected from him.

Removing herself from the table, she scoffed at what Muryuu was telling her.
"Listen, I didn't hunt down this beast myself. I know how to track, you jerk. White Ops gave me the information and I made something of it. I know how to be efficient, I found you didn't I?" Ninoya gave him a grin that would probably make the white haired man want to punch the girl.

She stopped beside the man, nodding her head down the road while putting a hand on her hip.
"No, I suggest flying. We'll run there. Unless you have a better idea?"

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Muryuu took a few seconds to contemplate the proposition of flying to their destination, one that he took quite seriously despite Ninoya's sarcastic tone. It wasn't a bad idea, their traveling time would e effectively cut in half if not more as the area they were headed into was quite mountainous but on the other hand having to carry her would waste energy he'd need to fight the dragon as his flying abilities were not as developed as those of his siblings, he always preferred having his feet on the ground. Not to mention other problems such as him having to turn into his other form in order to transport her and he didn't want to reveal it to her unless absolutely necessary.
But in the end he decided against it and began walking down the path that would lead to quite an impressive and difficult hunt.

"Look, I'm not saying we should have killed them...but unless we make them unable to, you can be damn sure they'll try it again on a weaker target."

Muryuu was in the middle of discussing what he viewed as a poor decision while handling a group of bandits they encountered on the way there. The group of seven armed men tried setting up an ambush on the two as they made their way through a snow covered mountain path, but they barely put up a fight as they were easily overwhelmed by Muryuu and Ninoya's power and skill. The problem arose in how they handled the men, Ninoya let them escape and Muryuu was against it, though he didn't act on it.

"Break their kneecaps, cut off a few fingers, tear an eye or two out...locking them up isn't going to make them stop robbing people once they get out."

He remembered when his father worked in a similar organization as Ninoya, only working for Oto, and crime dropped incredibly once he started applying the most gruesome of punishments to the most petty of crimes. If you see someone get their arms chopped off for pickpocketing then the likelihood of you wanting to take the same risk just gets lower and lower, it wasn't pretty but it was effective...until his father began using the criminals to breed a mutant and undead arming but that's a discussion for another time.

But then Muryuu suddenly came to stop and looked up toward a blue sky covered in dark clouds. For a moment he stared off into nothing while taking a few whiffs of the air but the mask was hindering him so he quickly unbuckled it on the left side and let it fall on the snow.

"We're close, I can smell something..." he took another big whiff "...I know this scent."

The last part was released in the form of a mumble just before he took off running straight in the direction of a large cave entrance he saw in the distance.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:25 pm

It was a day trip, the duo made better time than the archer was anticipating. Partly because Ninoya kept the pace going. Not only was she anxious to fight the dragon, but she also wanted to shorten her time with Muryuu as much as possible. Just as she had assumed, the conversations they were having weren't very exciting. Of course, now that the redhead thought about it, she wasn't particularly the best at making friends.

"Well I'm glad we're on the same page with not killing them." She snapped, glaring at Muryuu out of the corner of her eyes. If it wasn't for the archer's presence, she figured the white-haired man would have just slaughtered them all. "Let's not mutilate them, though. Or else we'll be no better than they are!" Ninoya was holding one of the remaining semi-conscious ones by his collar.

The bickering was nothing new. Most of the talking they had done had been some form of arguing. Their personalities didn't mesh very well.

Looking from the damaged man, Ninoya looked to Muryuu as he muttered something about "scent". "Where are you go--!" Her eyes looking ahead of the path, there was clearly some sort of cave in the distance. Ninoya was taken by surprise, she hadn't expected to see any form of the dragon's den for at least another couple kilometers. She got the general area right, but the exact location was a little off... unless the beast moved around.

"Damn it, you can be such a child." She punched the bandit square across the face, effectively knocking him out. A few teeth were lost in the process. "Hey! Wait up!" Ninoya screamed, chasing after the man. She would have no qualms letting him storm into the dragon's lair first if that's what his wish was. The archer fully intended on making it out of this mission alive, she would not confuse reckless with suicidal.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Muryuu was much too focused on his sense of smell to give any sort of attention to the words his sense of hearing caught coming from behind him. If anyone were to ask him what it smelled like the only thing he could compare it too would be that of rusted metal but not quite the same either, it was an odd smell but it was one that brought back memories of the past because it was the same smell of the fluid that ran trough his father's veins. However, as he made his way toward the entrance of the cave the smell became stronger and stronger, to the point where as he set foot inside the smell overwhelmed his senses and made him stop in his tracks while covering the nose with his arm. The smell alone made his stomach churn, it was nauseating as it felt like it was clearly not chemical but biological and a type of smell the body isn't made to register as pleasant at all.

It was dark inside, a few feet after the entrance and it became almost impossible to see what was right infront of your eyes. Quickly Muryuu took out a lighter from his pocket and created a small flame which gave a bit of light around it, enough to see a bit further inside. And it was then that he saw it, the walls were red and the sight of them instantly made him cover his arms in black scales for self protection as the overwhelming smell was finally explained, blood covered the walls and it wasn't human, nor was it from any domesticated animal he knew of.

"Something bad happened here...this place is covered in dried up dragon's blood."

He spoke loud enough so that Ninoya could hear him but making sure not to speak too loudly...though he highly doubted that there was anything in that cave as the smell alone would have easily driven away anyone and anything, even dragons he reckoned as even dragons should hate the smell of their own blood in such quantities.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 am

"Damn it, did you hear me?" She called out again, trailing behind Muryuu as they passed through the entrance and traveled deeper into the cave. Ninoya became less concerned with her partner not talking to her, and more alarmed by the foul smell that coated the inside of the cave.

Coughing, the archer put a hand to her chest as she lightly shook her head. "Well, I can see why you were so concerned about coming in here." She said after his remark about dragon's blood. "How did you know it was dragon's blood? The location of this cave doesn't match up with where the dragon we're hunting is terrorizing people."

She approached the wall of the cave, running her fingers along the wall. "Like you said, it's dried up. So it must be rather old." Raised eyebrows, the red headed girl looked to Muryuu. "How could you have possibly known it was dragon's blood?" She asked him not because she didn't believe him, but because she knew there was something he wasn't telling her. He knew more than he was letting on.

While they chatted, Ninoya had taken a small patch of brown cloth from her waist pouch and a kunai from her other pouch. She scrapped the blood from the wall and into the brown cloth. It didn't take much before dirty red flakes totally coated the thing. She tied up the cloth with a thin piece of string so it looked like a small brown bag.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm

It's not like she didn't have a point, to be honest Muryuu was the fool for rushing in like that and mentioning dragon blood so easily, he could have easily played stupid and pretend not to know the origin of the blood but he had spoken about it before even thinking about the consequences. If he wanted to keep his real identity and past a secret he would have to be a lot more careful.

"It smells just like the blood of...someone I know. Let's just say that there's more about dragons than the ones you can find in this country."

He paused for a moment when Ninoya seemed to be gathering samples and walked a bit further into the cave but nothing seemed to change as, the smell was as strong at the entrance as it was further in and the walls were still paved in the same red blood. He turned around and headed toward Ninoya.

"We should get out of here, someone that can make dragons spill this much blood isn't someone we want to mess with. Plus, no dragon would be caught dead in this place."

His choice of words was unintentional but the truth, with a smell like that dragons no matter how strong would be inclined to never even approach such a place, it's the same reason as to why people are put off by scenes of murder even after the body was removed as the smell of such a precious bodily fluid still lingers.
Muryuu walked past Ninoya and exited the cave, much to his senses relief as the smell was simply overloading them, it felt like he couldn't breathe inside that cave much less use his enhanced senses to search for anything useful.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 am

Ninoya knew there were other dragons that existed. The ones in the Snow Country were just the most vicious, the most feral, the most abundant. They were a literal pest problem, like someone would call a nest of mice living in their backyard. So the way Ninoya saw it, the only way to deal with the problem is to kill the pests.

"Hey." She walked over to Muryuu, squinting her eyes as she shook her head. "I've learned from my short time with you that I can't make you talk about anything you don't want to." Muryuu was keeping his fair share of secrets from the girl. "I'm not an idiot. You know more about this than you're letting on. I'm not about to point fingers, but the moment any of that information becomes relevant to our damn safety, you better frickin' let me know." Orange hair waving, she nodded her head to the blood dried walls. "I don't want to end up like that." Ninoya also found it a bit disturbing that there seemingly no bones or scales or... anything but the blood left behind.

Turning from the man, she headed out of the cave. "I bet the dragon we're looking for used to live here. And considering it's young age, and the sheer amount of blood in this cave..." She paused for just a moment to go through all the information in her head again, seeing if it made sense. "...I bet the thing belonged to a nest here. And someone came along and killed all of them. Almost all of them, anyway. I don't know if I should be thanking the thing that did it, or keep my distance." Ninoya knew people that had slain dragons. Or rather, one dragon at a time. Not a whole nest of them, scattering their blood across the walls. It was a little damn terrifying, especially if this thing was doing it for sport.

A mere minute later Ninoya had them back on their original path. No sign of the bloody and bruised bandits. There was bigger game to hunt, anyway.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::