Business (Brera)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Business (Brera)

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Arriving right on time, Raika appeared before Nyoko in a similar fashion as her last visit. The only difference, this time Nyoko sat in his chair awaiting her arrival. Plucking his pocket watch from his left pocket he glanced at the time. "Look at that, right on time. What a cooperative patient. " A smirk cross his lips before he pushed himself away.

Rolling across the floor he moved pass an illuminated table covered in a white sheet. Dragging the sheet off the table as he moved past it, he gave another push altering his direction, moving to his desk he snatched up a pen. Jotting down a few notes he pointed to a gown folded on a table to the right of Raika. "Change! Don't worry, I'm not going to peek." He snickered at the thought as he continued on.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Silent eyes watched him move about his work, making certain he wasn't watching, before she approached the table, crouching down to unwind the tape around her ankles before removing her shoes and shrugging off her vest... and then she seemed to vanish for a moment, as did the gown, before she reappeared with it on her and her clothing folded over one of her arms.

"Got anywhere specific to put my clothes?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 pm

"Huh?!" Peeking over his shoulder he looked at the silver haired beauty. Dressed in nothing but a medical gown even Nyoko couldn't restrain his eyes from scaling her figure. "Celty sure would be disappointed in me..." Moving past the awkward silence Nyoko turned his attention back tot he documents before him. "You can place them in the cuby over there. " Pointing with his noggin, Raika would see a set of cubies tucked away in a neat little 4'x6' assembly.

Rising, Nyoko made took a few steps to his right, washing his hands under the faucet his head turned to face Raika. "We will begin in just a few moments. I'm going to take 3 vials of blood. Nothing major. If you could please take a seat, I'll be setting a line as well." Though his voice was still young, it was a mans voice; confident, stern, and professional. Or at least when conducting himself in front of his patients.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Raika ignored the way his eyes moved, patiently waiting... before he indicated where to put them, and she crossed the distance lightly to place her clothes in an empty cube.

Soon enough she was back at the table, smoothing out the gown before lifting herself easily to take a seat on the table he'd removed the sheet from earlier, ready to cooperate in the matter of drawing blood and setting the line.

So far, it was close enough to various medical protocols to be familiar, at least.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Examining the needle his eyes sharpened as to insure there were no flaws in his tools. There would be hell to pay if any of his assistants screwed something up. "As a medical practitioner you know I have a few questions I need to ask. " Pausing, he watched Raika before taking ahold of her left arm. Examining her forearm he traced the vein from her wrist to the end in her elbow. For the first time the touch of his bare hand fell upon a person. Pausing, Nyoko recalled a time not so long ago when such as task was impossible. "To begin, your name?" Sanitizing the region with a swab he waited for a response before continuing. "Your age?" A touchy subject for some women. Sliding the needle into her vein she wouldn't feel a thing. His touch numbing the region. Filling the first vial and second, his eyes stayed fixed on her. "Married, Divorced, Single.... Widowed?" Sliding the final vial into place it soon began to glow with crimson red.

"I'm going to set the line and then have you lay on your back."

Doing just as he said he tore open a sealed clear bag and took out a small needle and some medical tape. Placing it onto the top of her hand he held it in place with a single strip of the white tape. Running the line he hooked it up to a clear bag filled with a clear liquid; saline. Gesturing her to lay down he proceeded to pick up the vials of blood.

Popping the cap off each vial, he dangled his pointer finger above each. Crawling to the surface of his skin a GiggiSplice appeared. Dropping one into each vial they almost instantly consumed the contents before crystallizing, forming 3 crimson red diamonds of sorts.

"Kids? Siblings? Anything?" Though his questions referred almost entirely to the exam, he also contained a sense of curiosity. He didn't know much about Raika, a sannin of Kumogakure, A former medical teacher, and that... for one reason or another bothered him.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Her arm was relaxed in his grip, brown eyes watching his movements.

"Raika Hofushi."

A swab to clean the area that would take the needle.

"Thirty-four."

Her flesh was oddly numbed so that she didn't feel the prick of the needle. It reminded her of one of her own techniques, but she doubted this was any more than an anesthetic.

"Unmarried, but recently in a sexual relationship. No diseases received from it, nor do I have any variety of disease that I'm aware of."

After the line was in place, she smoothly swung her legs up onto the table before laying back.

"No children or siblings. Parents, uncles, aunts, and plenty of cousins."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Well... how honest of her. "I see. And your partner? Their name, should anything happen I'd like to know whom i'm to notify."

Placing the vials into a carrying case he closed the small wooden box before turning his attention back to Raika. Tapping the saline bag, he measured how much she'd taken already. "Just a bit more and we can start. I'll put you into a comatose state when the time comes. I'd advise your last thoughts to be pleasant ones." Walking back over to his desk Nyoko began taking notes. "Any questions or concerns?"
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:08 pm

"His name's none of your business. You can notify Omoi if you can find her."

The only reason she'd mentioned it in the first place was a past history at getting frustrated at patients for not giving such information when it could be pertinent.

Her eyes were half-closed now, and she sighed.

"I told you whatever concerns I had earlier. Other than that... good luck, I guess."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 am

"True enough." Picking up one of the several needles laid out across a side table Nyoko raised it to light. Pressing gently on its neck, taping on the clear cylinder, he made sure there were no air bubbles. "This is going to put you out. Once you're deep enough, I'll begin." Placing the tip of the needle into the line, he pressed on the neck slowly, the cold chill of the liquid caused the hair on her arm to rise.

Slowly Raika would feel herself start to drift. Nyoko's voice becoming faint. Vision becoming blurred.

---

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Standing at the foot of her bed Nyoko's eyes drifted. From left to right his eyes scanned over the various monitors. Within his hands rested a series of charts and paperwork. Moving along the side of the bed Nyoko took a look at Raika. Placing the contents of hids hands down on the table, he plucked a small light from his pocket, lifting her eye-lids he flashed the light over her left eye before moving to the right. "...Tc!" While one eye remained normal, the other was not, a side effect of her new gift for sure. It seemed her doujutsu had become permanently active. The side effects duration were yet to be determined. It could be for ever, or it could be for a week.

Only time would tell.

Placing the light back within his pocket he turned his attention to the monitor on the far right. "Just about that time." Adjusting her line, he slowed the drip. Within minutes she would regain consciousness.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:27 pm

The drugging made waking up a rather slow process.

It also made it harder to figure out what was wrong with her vision as she slowly blinked, her breathing slow and even as she remembered why she was here.

She closed her right eye, seeing the world in black and white and gray with energies in vibrant color.

She closed her left and opened her right, color returned and energy gone. A familiar focus resulted in no change.

Her left eye opened again, seeing the world in a dizzying split before she once again closed it, relying on her right, doujutsuless eye for vision.

Her free, lineless hand raised into her sight, feeling sluggish and taking it slow. Electricity crackled faintly, then a spark of flame, then a tiny gust of wind, then all three--her elements were responding properly, at least. A bit of focus and chakra claws formed from her fingertips with relative ease; her chakra control hadn't been affected, either.

She let her hand lower again.

"Vision's a bit different, but nothing I can't live with, and my chakra seems to be functioning properly.... If my eyes are all that altered unintentionally, I'd say you did a good job. Though I haven't tried absorbing anything yet.... How shall we test that?"

She was smiling slightly, opening her left eye for a while every now and then before closing it, attempting to adjust to the change. She'd check on her body movement and balance after he said it was alright to get up.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 pm

"Glad to see you're alive still. " Exaggerating, obviously, Nyoko jotted down a few side notes as he looked over her vitals. Standing over her now, he took a good long look, not bad. Even with the distorted doujutsu she still looked... attractive. Though he was a bit curious as to why exactly her doujutsu remained active. It wasn't as if it was a transfer (a common side effect being unable to disengage said doujutsu), it was her own bloodline, why had those genes been affected.

Snapping back to reality Nyoko retreated from her bedside.

"Well we will begin with a few simple test. Absorbing chakra, even for the most attuned person, is no easy task. The slightest miscalculation can have devastating results. From simply exhausting one's self to completely frying the chakra network. I'm sure I don't have to tell you but- take it easy." Once again his tone reflected the subject matter. There was a reason why many used a catalyst to absorb chakra. Attempting to absorb it directly required a 6th sense. Yet another reason why there were so few "Sages" in the world.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Raika simply nodded, slowly pushing herself upright before swinging her legs over the side of the table, taking care not to stress the line; there didn't seem to be any muscular issues, either.

She opened her left eye again, blinking slowly, before looking at Nyoko, her body tensing slightly in response to the sight as she grimaced; why hadn't she noticed before?

"...I'm hoping it's not your chakra we're going to be testing things with.... It looks worse than a demon's."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

"Heh!" Breaking his professional demeanor a small smile escape his lips. "No. Not quite, we will first begin by having you match the frequency of someone's chakra. My assistant will be aiding us. She will be here momentarily." Walking over to the cubies Nyoko grabbed a hold of Raika's belongings. Placing them by her legs he turned away as he walked back to one of his desk.

"The key to absorbing chakra is matching the frequency of the opponents chakra in order to funnel it back into your own chakra network without overpowering it. Though not easy. It is possible. But, more advanced techniques and techniques which utilize elements require much more effort. For one. You must be attuned with said property; fire,lightning,wind. As for bloodline and advanced elements, well it's all a matter of trial and error."
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:58 pm

As she listened, Raika gently pulled out the line and healed the small injury before she began flickering with sudden speed, once again fully dressed aside from her vest and the tape while the gown settled on the table and she sat back down upon it to deftly retape the bottoms of her cargo pants to her legs, putting her vest back on once she was done.

"Matching chakra frequency, huh...."

Her mismatched gaze was thoughtful as she gazed at the floor, remembering how Ryuuchi had talked about the way different chakra 'tasted'.... Would this end up working like that? Or would it be more like how Drake had always done it, turning it into his own chakra before absorbing it?

It was a mystery that she would only be able to solve in practice.
Last edited by Raika on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:52 pm

His assistants arrival was accompanied by a gentle knock at the door. Still hunched over the paperwork at his desk Nyoko raised his hand slightly above his head, snapping his fingers and letting his arm rest abck on the desk. With that the simple seal placed on the door faded and the locking mechanism began to unwind.

Making her way into the room was a small woman. No taller than 5'5'. Dressed in standard medical attire, much of her face was covered, only her eyes visible. The white coat she wore hung halfway down her thighs. Tucked away under her coat was a light lavender t-shirt; matching her eyes. Her slacks were loose, nothing to tight, nothing revealing. In fact, with a simple glance it would be hard to tell what sex the assistant was. All her signs of her sexuality and curves were tucked away or faded.

"This is Hano. She'll be assisting you. We are going to start by having you match the frequency of your chakra in it's most Basic form. Begin whenever you're ready. " Now standing off to the side of Hano, Nyoko watched the two women as he recorded some data. "Start with 10%. You should I'd imagine you'll feel tingling sensation at the point of contact. This sensation with become more painful as the frequency of your chakra fluctuates. Try to keep it in tune with Hano in order to ease the pain for both parties. "
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways