Business (Brera)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Business (Brera)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Raika had closed her left eye before ever spotting the woman; she couldn't allow herself to rely on vision in order to synchronize her chakra. She needed to feel the chakra, use her intuition to mold it....

A single brown eye flicked up to study Hano as she entered the room, Raika offering a gentle, calming smile in greeting... before her gaze flicked to Nyoko as she mentioned how mistakes may cause pain. Her jaw set then before she formed a quick string of handsigns, lightly pushing off of the table to stand and approach Nyoko's assistant, placing a light hand on the woman's shoulder to take on her pain before Raika closed her eyes and began.

Her chakra reached out slightly, coming into contact with Hano's--and already two sides of pain were growing, and she felt carefully, molding her chakra to match the woman's, calm--instincts? intuition?--beginning to slowly draw in the foreign energy, sensations she couldn't yet name coming with the action.

And as she drew, the pain eased slowly as she synchronized more and more.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Locking hands with Raika, the flow of chakra would increase. The frequency becoming erratic for a few moments as they two worked to tune their chakras to one another. The pain caused Hano to tighten her grip in hopes of not breaking the bond; giving Raika time to adjust her chakra. Standing no more than a foot away Nyoko watched as the struggle continued. "Increase the exchange rate. Hano, 25%!" Nyoko voice stung like a whip to the back.

Wincing in pain, Hano shut her eyes as the pain shot up her arms and down her spine.

"Match her frequency if you wish to ease your pain!" he snapped.

He made it sound easy. As if it was as simple as channeling chakra to perform any other technique. Of course to him, such a feat had become instinct. Though he learned the hard way. With no one but himself to rely on. Raika was lucky. She had the perfect setting to master her new abilities. It would be only a matter of time and practice before she would become proficient.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Somewhere in the ebb and flow of the chakra exchange, her technique had fallen apart; it hadn't been stabilization, she could feel it in the other woman's tightening grip.

But the sensations reminded her a little of what she had felt twice before, just... not quite so natural, so fluid, this time. Nor so quick or gentle.

Her right eye opened slightly, gazing at their grasped hands.

She needed to work to make her chakra absorption like his. If she couldn't....

...then what would be the point of any of this?

There wouldn't be one.

Her grip firmed, still gentle, as tiny, harmless sparks of electricity leapt from her shoulders and back and her brown eye locked onto Hano's expression in a determined gaze.

It wouldn't be easy.

But she would find a way.

She had to.

Her fingers shifted slightly, finding the woman's pulse as it grew more frantic.

Turbulence.

Ebb and flow.

Her chakra slowed, calming, smoothing out at the point of contact, trying to synchronize with the foreign chakra. Trying to erase the pain, replace it with the tingling sensation of memory.

Trying to find and understand the flavors her beloved had once spoken of.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:55 pm

As the struggle continued on Nyoko began to make his move. Shadowing Raika, Nyoko's arms began to rise. "Hano-" Doing as little but calling her name, Hano knew exactly what Nyoko's intentions were. Almost imdeiately matching Raika's chakra frequency, she flipped the switch, reversing the flow of chakra, draining Raika. Emitting an aura of death and pain, Nyoko's right hand became enveloped in a dreadful film of black chakra. Falling upon her shoulder, Nyoko began his contribution, flooding Raika's body with the 2-Tail Nibi's corrosive death chakra. "Huh? "

The corrosive chakra would immediately cause her cells to freeze,paralyzing her and shooting pain from her shoulder down to the tip of her toes. Slowly, the cells began to die while rotting away the flesh at the point of contact. All the while the chakra being channeled into her chakra network would attack her tenketsu points causing each point to deteriorate before being destroyed.

A vile trick on his behalf.

Though the intent of his assault wasn't to kill. But yet another experiment. Within seconds the chakra would cause her senses throughout her body to dull. Any pain she'd feel would vanish. "Interesting..." Peeling his hand from her shoulder Nyoko ripped the cloth covering her shoulder, exposing her skin; the entire shoulder festering.

"Sir?" For the first time, Hano opened her mouth to speak. Her words mixed with confusion and fear.

"Zip it!" Snapping at Hano almost immediately. Examining the wound, Nyoko's eyes glowed, one red and the other blue, documenting the scene.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 pm

The sensation within her was both familiar and not, but her brown eye's pupil had turned catlike, her gaze feral.

And she laughed, tilting her head back and to the side to direct her bestial gaze at Nyoko, a ferocious grin on her lips that revealed new fangs.

"Having fun?"

The demonic chakra within her, the draw of chakra out of her--both froze, and suddenly she was healing the damage, altering the injected chakra's very nature to prove beneficial; meanwhile, her absorption was matching Hano's perfectly to prevent her suction, no matter how she adjusted it.

The Nibi's chakra had reawakened a side of her that she had not felt as strongly since before the day she had tasted death. Since before she had lost her own demon.

And as the demonic chakra was used up more and more, Raika was pulling her chakra back from Nyoko's assistant, synchronizing perfectly and keeping the total chakra amount within her own body stable, her eyes and teeth slowly regressing back to normal as the demonic influence decreased along with the chakra.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:06 pm

"Yes. Quite a bit. " Gesturing Hano with a flick of the wrist she finally let go. "I would appologies, yet it would be an empty apology. I was curious, thought i'd have a go. No harm. No foul." It was as he figured. Having used the better half of the Nibi's chakra ( Ao's) during the healing process Nyoko had managed to achieve even better results than he'd originally anticipated. Though credit to Raika was well deserved. Her taking to chakra natures of Demonic origin was noted during the healing process, her chakra network had been exposed to such characteristics long before he got to her. Though not under the same level, still a potent mix.

"I took note of your attunement with demonic chakra during the procedure. " Circling around her now, "May I inquire as to it's origins and purpose?" Eyes a vibrant cyan once again. It was clear his interest had been perked.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 pm

At his questioning, she rolled her shoulders and rubbed at the bared patch of skin; she certainly would have to get this vest and shirt repaired. Omoi's systems would do the trick, though.

"What's the most common way for someone to become attuned to demonic chakra?"

It was a rhetorical question.

She pulled her sketchbook back out, along with a pencil, and quickly sketched out an accurate image of Raidra: the body of a great western dragon, her split tail, the lightning bolt-shaped scar over her left eye, so much like the silvered marking over Raika's own left eye.... When she was done, she showed him the sketch.

"She was sealed into me when I was a baby after she attacked my clan. I lived with her for a little over twenty years before I died, and she sacrificed herself to drag me back to the realm of the living. I guess you could say I had tamed her over all that time... so, even if she wasn't as strong as one of the bijuu, taking control of that chakra was easy enough. The Nibi's, right? Though I could've sworn the Nibi was sealed into someone else at the last Yuki Ball...."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

"Heh. I suppose..." Smart ass. As much as Nyoko wished to respond with his own remark, he refrained.

"Yes. He was in one of Otogakure's own. Due to certain circumstances the Nibi has a new host." Making his way to his desk Nyoko took a seat on the chair. Long coat hanging past the seat, nearly dragging across the floor, but not quite. "25 years? That's quite some time. As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't had nearly as much time. Luckily, I'm equipped with enough knowledge and skill to access about .5% of the Aka & Ao's power. As you witnessed. They seem to posses quite some useful abilities for medical shinobi such as us. " Catching himself rambling, Nyoko came to a halt. Perplexed as to how much he should disclose in regards to the Nibi, though he didn't know much about the beast, perhaps gathering a bit of Intel on the subject would prove useful.

"How long did it take you to come to terms with the demon? I can only imagine the bond you shared after 25 years. Even sacrificing itself for you." Turning to face Raika,, Nyoko's eyes locked with hers. "It's truly been an honor to assist you." Lacking malice, his words were genuine and full of respect. Thought a generation separated them, Raika and he shared a common passion, and that was worth something; at least to him.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 pm

"How long...?"

Raika frowned and crossed her arms, her head cocking slightly to the side as she tried to remember.

"I think... somewhere around the time when I was 17? Or maybe even in the later months of my sixteenth year. Though even in my sixteenth year and a bit before that, she didn't really try to attack me very often."

Her mismatched gaze turned to Nyoko then.

"But I grew up with her inside me from a young age. I don't know how well you'll be able to adjust, or how quickly." She shrugged. "...and thanks for the sentiment."

...it was nice when she found someone who didn't automatically treat her formally or respectfully just because of her official rank. Or what that rank used to be. And... despite how dangerous the man before her could be, and despite his oddities... everything had gone well enough.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 pm

"And you're death?" As soon as the words rolled off his tongue, he knew he crossed the line. Yet he didn't stop. His curiosity getting the best of him; as always. "What caused it? Illness? Combat?" He wasn't sure how much more he was going to get out of Raika. But the fire had been ignited. It was time to let it burn and run it's course. Should it be swiftly exhausted so be it.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Raika simply sighed.

"Combat. What, did you already forget what all we talked about the first time I was here? Especially since you were so interested in the subject then, too."

She frowned then, mismatched gaze studying Nyoko.

"And as I said before, I'm surprised your intel didn't let you know."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:55 pm

"Oh did we?" Running his hand over his forehead he let out a gentle yawn. "Been quite a week. Forgive me. Thinking back, I do recall discussing Ryuuchi. " Sliding his arms from his lab coat Nyoko revealed even more of his body. With only a black tank-top covering his torso his long jet black hair laid down his back.

"Speaking of' any luck on that front?" Inquiring of Ryuuchi's whereabouts yet again. Considering this past weeks events he hadn't had time to go through much of the intel which his DragonEaters had retrieved, nor would he, not for the next couple days. With the Nibi still fresh Nyoko was determined to get a handle on the situation. Even more so, its knowledge.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Raika shrugged.

"Haven't been looking for him."

Not in the past week, anyway... she needed to be stronger before she did. She still had to ask Omoi for help with that, too....

"...anyway.... Unless you have anything else to discuss, I should be on my way."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:15 pm

""Indeed. Placing his coat on the desk Nyoko came to a rise before bowing. A simple, common gesture a host would show their guest.

"If possible, I'd very much like to see you in 3 months time. Should you survive that long. " His words, serious, yet imbued with humor. Afterall, one didn't wish for chakra absorption unless they were going up against something big... or someone... it was risky. Yet Raika had come this far. She was't likely to turn back now.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Raika smiled slightly. "I figured you'd want me to come back after a while. If I survive, I'll be sure to drop by," she chuckled.

"Anyway. See you then, Nyoko. Good luck on your research."

And then she disintegrated into electricity and had escaped into the electrical lines in the walls before shifting into the ground, resolidifying her body above ground--pleased that her chakra did indeed still function like it should--before walking away, off to resume training and to visit Omoi.
Raika

Previous

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways