Business (Brera)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Business (Brera)

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Pupiless blue eyes surveyed the apparent ruins before her, gaze shifting downwards towards the energy signs underground, and something that looked like electricity lines hidden away....

A crackling sound, and the woman was gone, moving as pure electricity through the ground and into the line, travelling until she appeared in a laboratory, resolidifying into human flesh, though electricity continued to crackle softly here and there as she gazed upon a young man who fit the description she'd been given.

"Nyoko Soujuu... correct? Omoi suggested you might be able to help me with something. My name is Raika Hofushi... and I want to learn to absorb chakra, even if I need to alter my body to do so."

Brown eyes watched him carefully; Omoi had warned her to be wary. And as a result, she was garbed in more simple clothing than usual, oddly enough, or perhaps it would be better said that it was clothing more easily created: the reinforced black cargo pants of her chunin years with the leg ends taped close to her ankle for better movement; black shinobi sandals; a close-fitting black shirt, right arm sleeveless and the other going all the way to her wrist, showing the tattooed dragon curling around her right arm; and a simple reinforced dark blue shinobi vest, oddly bearing no symbol. Her silver hair hung loosely to her shoulders, and the equally stylized lightning bolt over her left eye gleamed slightly in the light. And at 5'8", she was... maybe four inches shorter than the man she faced.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Business (Brera)

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Zipping across the white parchment Nyoko's hands moved with extreme precision. With each stroke of his hand he left a trail of ink. Dressed in his usual attire, as he hardly even changed things up, he wore a long black lab coat buttoned all the way to his neck. His slacks, black as well, fastened around his waist by a bleach white belt. A set of black boots with white soles covered his feet and a pair of white gloves covered his hands. The only portion of his body that was exposed was his head.Falling past his shoulders and down his back his jet black hair remained tied together in a pony-tail. That was new... and quite fitting. His soft pale skin seemed to glow in light of his dark attire. Yet never outshining his unmistakably bright cyan eyes.

Like a school of piranha sent into a frenzy at the taste of fresh meat, the Dragoneaters resting within him awoke in a mad rage. Coming to a complete stop in his report, Nyoko took a second to asses the situation. The abundant chakra source had seemed to be closing in. Closing his eyes, Nyoko took a deep breathe in an attempt to calm the little buggers.

Manifesting in the center of his white lab, a woman- if you could call her that. Before she even presented herself Nyoko already knew what she was, now for the who.

Perking his brow Nyoko took a second to process her request. Rolling back in his chair he sat there staring at her, eyes scanning her head to toe, Hofushi Raika. "Omoi you say?" Grinning, the whites of his teeth sparkled in the light "What makes you think I'd help you. You, a high ranking Shinobi of Kumogakure... or former- should I say." His words like arrows striking their target. "You see, you have come to the right person for what you seek. But are you sure you're willing to pay the price?!"

Scooting about, the wheels of his chair squeaked about as zipped from desk to desk sorting a variety of papers.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:42 pm

"I don't come to you as a shinobi of Kumo. Just as someone looking to better protect the people I care about."

Brown eyes studied Nyoko in calm and quiet, having refused to let his sharp tongue anger her. She had plenty of other things in her life that pissed her off more.

She didn't know what his price was, and all she knew of his skills were what Omoi told her. As a precaution, she'd saved a copy of her DNA in Omoi's systems in case anything went wrong, but....

"What's your price? Though I'll ask the procedure itself doesn't involve sticking your 'pets' in me. I've heard that hosting living organisms in your body can get rather uncomfortable, to say the least."

So far, things were moving peacefully. So far.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 pm

"Is that so?" Without a pause in his work Nyoko continued on. Filling out some forms, he stopped only to toy with the pen between his fingers. Glancing over his shoulder he stopped for a brief moment. Her words, "his price", had peaked his interest. Afterall, Raika knew what she was coming here for.
So-

"Price you say? Well that depends. You see men-women... people with similar talents don't follow the everyday business model." Rising from his seat he made his way to Raika. Standing straight, his shoulders back, arms resting to his side. "I always assumed you were taller." His words lacked any ill meaning. ""But that's besides the point. As far as your desire to absorb chakra... I'm going to need a bit more details.

Face to face, Nyoko analyzed the woman before him, just as she had been analyzing him.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm

A quiet laugh escaped her lips at his comment about her height; she was taller than many women, but she appreciated that she wasn't any taller.

"Details.... I suppose one of the first is that I ask you to avoid ridding me of my doujutsu in the process, and to try to keep any drawbacks manageable. I still need to be able to fight and function. As for the ability itself.... I hope for the ability to be able to take place in any portion of my body or all of it, and at peak power to be able to completely drain someone of chakra fast enough to be done in the middle of battle after trapping them, though I understand that may be impossible. No matter what the peak strength is, though, I need to be able to vary the levels in between, to draw slowly or quickly and a little or a lot, and I'll happily train to master that myself."

She ran a hand through her hair and sighed before her eyes met his again.

"I know it's a tall order. But Omoi was sure you'd be able to figure something out for this faster than she would."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Placing his work on a side table. Nyoko gathered his thoughts as he listened to his guest request. A few moments passed after she finished; yet he said nothing. Letting the silence fill the room. Only only sound one would hear would be the crackling of electricity as it passed threw circuits illuminating the room.

Finally! Nyoko broke the silence with a question "And should things go wrong? Should your chakra network suffer irreparable damage, then what?" Sharp as always, his words cutting like a warm blade threw butter. "This isn't a simple procedure. Experiment- excuse me. " Locking eyes, Nyoko stared deep within her eyes. "Who's to say what the side effects could be... So tell me. Is it worth it?" He spoke the truth, even if she didn't want to hear it, his words held a sense of gravity.

Though he did not know this woman, he was fully aware of repercussions of experimenting with ones core chakra network. Tweaking it and tuning it beyond the physical level; but even the spiritual. The slightest miscalculation could be devastating.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Brown eyes were calm as she gazed into his cyan.

"Do you think I would have asked someone I don't know personally for this kind of thing if I wasn't prepared to risk it?"

Her fists clenched then, her gaze fierce.

"I told you... I have people to protect, Nyoko. That is why I'm here. Because for all the fame and respect others have given me, I don't have the power to defeat every enemy that threatens the ones I love."

She drew a slow breath then, relaxing her hands as she exhaled, a faint glow of medical chakra forming in her palms as it healed the crescent-shaped cuts from her fingernails. When it was done, her eyes were calm again, studying cyan.

"So... will you help me? If so, how shall we begin?"
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Walking to his desk Nyoko pushed aside a few manila folders. His eyes glanced at the tabs as he went through the stack. "Nope. Nope. Eh- not this time. Here it is-" Thinking to himself, Nyoko wrapped his long slender fingers around the folder before raising it to light. "I might have something for you. Though I-I hope you understand the reason I'm doing this."

Curled like a newspaper to beat a house pet, he tapped the folder against his head twice. "Who exactly are you looking to protect yourself from? Or is it perhaps..." He paused. Eyes growing sharp as the very scalpels resting atop the side table. "...the other way around? "
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:16 pm

The sharpness in his gaze was met by sheer ferocity, her jaw set.

"One of them would be Omoi's beloved, who happened to go insane, help along Kumo's destruction, and nearly killed Omoi. I recently had my ass kicked by him, and because of my own foolishness I let innocents die before it was over. I've had enough of falling behind, of being stuck alone, of letting the people I care about suffer."

She was rambling, no longer making sense, and the electricity around her had intensified. Raika turned away then, her body tense, fumbling through her pockets for signs of something, anything--

The electricity surrounding her faded as she grasped a small sketchbook and pencil, pulling it out and flipping it open to stare at the blank page; she had left the others behind, to keep all the people she'd sketched safe. To keep all her wounds locked away where they couldn't be touched.

And yet she found her hand sketching out a dark cave, broken bars guarding the mouth of a great cavern beyond, every stroke an exact match to the scene in her mind.

She missed Raidra. At least with her around, she had never been alone.

"...sorry. You could say I had a fight with my lover and haven't seen him since, so I've been more out-of-sorts lately than usual."

She laughed bitterly before the sketchbook snapped shut and she returned it and the pencil to one of her pockets, turning to face Nyoko again.

"Who do I want to protect myself from? The world, and all the bloody madness in it. And I want to be able to find and protect my beloved from it as well, and all my friends and family. Though I suppose I'm mad to intend to succeed."

Her smile was fierce then, but her eyes had tamed somewhat.

"Does that satisfy your curiosity well enough, Nyoko?"
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 am

Slashing threw the air he wielded the folder like a katana. "It doesn't" he barked.

Probably not the response she was expecting, but she had spoken to Omoi, she should know of his somewhat eccentric demeanor. Bringing his left hand to his lips Nyoko bit the tip of the glove before sliding his hand out, revealing his pale bare hand. To the untrained eye his hand looked normal. To others who had a keen sense of smell or attuned chakra sensing it was death. Due to his experiments on himself his chakra had become vile and tainted, only the parasites infesting his body could withstand it.

Presenting his palm to Raika he said nothing. Not at first. Within a few seconds his skin began to move. Burrowing threw his chakra network a single DragonEater larva presented itself. The tiny creature almost immediately began to grow. Within seconds it went from being about the size of a gnat to the size of a small kitten. Still within its larva form, it body was squishy, covered in a mucus , its bod white with a large gaping cylindrical mouth decorated with rows of teeth and nubs about 3/4 down it's body; the beginning of wings once fully grown.

His face remained calm as the DragonEater wiggled about in his hand. "Sasaki..." Attention shifting from his palm to Raika. Reading her every move, he would dig deeper. "Ryuuchi! You know the man? A former Otogakure Shinobi, former Kumogakure Shinobi, and I believe aformer Iwagakure Shinobi... Does this name have any meaning to you?" He knew it did. He could feel it. So could the DragonEater who'd been inching i's way closer to Raika, nearly leaping from his hand to get her.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:57 am

"If you paid any attention to the world you'd know it would. Hasn't your intel told you that, for a time, I was dead? Who do you think killed me?"

Brown eyes were calm then, unreadable aside from her anger at her beloved, her words camouflaging its true direction.

"And if you're trying to threaten me with your little pet, I'd consider it a bad idea, Nyoko."

Her voice was calm, her gaze taking on the attributes of cold steel.

"Do you intend to keep trying to pry at me or are we going to get back to business?"
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:48 pm

"Heh!" She was feisty, direct, and to the point; exactly as Omoi had said all that time ago. Guess some people never change. "Trust me, I have no reason to threaten you. Between you and I there's-" Biting his tongue Nyoko stopped. Maybe it was best to not rile her up. Though he'd displayed his little DragonEater, even he'd have trouble calming it down should it feel threatened or excited. "- Well, I myself have business with the heretic. Just as many others, I believed him to have past away. Yet during the Yuki Grand Ball he dared to show himself. I'm sure you're aware of this. Omoi was there, as were a surprising number of Bijuu & Jinchuuriki alike." Not only was Oto's Jinchuuriki present but the 6-tailed beast and the 4-tails. Bring his hand back to himself he looked at the creature which dwelled within. "In all honesty the whole ball was quite something. Were you there?" A rhetorical question. "As much as I'd have liked to deal with Sasaki Ryuuchi at the time, my hands were full with another." That person being Nukarumi Kyoji; Oto's Jinchuuriki of the Nibi. "So as you can imagine. I'd like to handle that business venture now. So tell me, do you know where that mane, Sasaki Ryuuchi is residing?" Lowering the folder he pointed it towards the far wall of the rectangular lab. Hanging from the wall was a map with several dozen X's marked on it. Each one reading "Laboratory". It was clear as day, Nyoko had been doing quite a bit of research, yet always seemed to find dead ends. Yet today, his next best lead just might have presented herself.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:06 pm

She snorted then. "'Surprising number of bijuu and jinchuuriki'? Perhaps if double that number had been there. But with Supaiku and Tsuuki around, three's nothing major."

She was trying her best to keep her cool; she had little doubt Nyoko's 'business venture' held ill intent toward her beloved. Or was at least inclined more towards the man the world knew.

"But no, I don't know where Ryuuchi is." As much as I wish I did....

"So, sadly, I doubt I could help you in your little 'business venture'."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:25 pm

His straight face contorted to a frown; not a good look for Nyoko at all.

"Shame. Here I was getting excited over nothing. Nonetheless; Yes! I'll help you." Walking away from Raika he made his way to the map on the wall. Dropping the folder he snatched a marker from the desk resting below the map and quickly marked yet another X on the map. "Another bust..."

Turning to Raika he he held up two fingers. "Two-weeks. Come back to me In Two-weeks and I'll have everything prepared. You see. You come to me right before I'm getting ready to ...do a little experiment of my own. Give me this time and my schedule should be clear. "

Making a single hand-sign with his left hand as he closed his eyes. Just as he did the door on the wall behind Raika opened. "You know where to find me." Her time was up. She'd made her case. Got her answer. But overstayed her welcome. "There's an Ice-box on your way out. Grab a water. It's hot out there. Would be a shame to collapse to dehydration." His voice was sly as a fox. Yet he meant nothing by it, just showing concern for a future subject.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Finally, their little game of cat and mouse was done, and he had agreed to help.

And on her way out, she paused, looking over her shoulder, her stiff manner vanished and a hint of amusement in her brown eyes.

"I'm a medical shinobi, Nyoko. I know to carry what I need to take care of myself. And... thanks."

With that, she continued on her way, pulling a canteen from one of her pockets and taking a sip of water before she vanished back into the wild.

It would be two weeks before she would find herself at his lab again, once more letting herself in through the electrical lines....
Raika

Next

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways