Adventure Time!

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Re: Adventure Time!

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 pm

The cool tingling breeze that washed over the city felt like she had dived into a pool of mint, just like one of those 5 gum commercials. Even the stale, rancid air of the city had been repelled, and the zombie threat seemed to have been vanquished for good, or at least for now. An odd quiet fell over the whole city, the moaning and grunting finally stopping.

"What did you do.... Father!"

She was looking at his now pale face, and at his eyes that had started to glaze over and become unfocused, like he was either exhausted or going delirious. A feeble look at his knees caused her to rush a bit closer to him, placing his arm over her shoulder to catch him should he fall, and yet she didn't truly think that he would.

"Maybe I didn't think that one through completely. Sarina, can your pets find Midori's scent? I'm sure she is one of the few living things that passed by here recently. Shouldn't be that hard."

From the shadows, her Wargs appeared, just like they had always been there. She gave them the mental command to find the scent of the living, and after a few moments, they began walking with their noses down, directly into the mess that was the inner city.

"We should follow and stay close. They will keep us away from those undead as much as they can, though they say they are everywhere, and the stench is almost overpowering the trail they found."

As the group moved through the silent city Sarina kept her ears perked up, as did the wargs, and yet for almost 20 minutes there was nothing, no movement, no noise, no anything. Only the sound of their footsteps and the sound of their own breathing, the sound of their hearts beating, and the sound of their own thoughts.

"Well father, I think you might have got them all... all of the zombies that is. The wargs haven't found an end to the trail though, it seems to keep going on and on, deeper into the city. I suppose we have to follow it though, otherwise we may never find.. Midori right.. my sister. How is it that I have lived with you for so long and never seen her though? Was she some sort of secret? Or were you trying to keep us separated?"
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:20 pm

"There's always more zombies. Always." Kiyoshi kicks one of corpses as they walk past it, pausing for a second to see if it moves at all. "Undead have a habit of playing dead, catching the unwary by surprise. Any one of these could have been missed by the blast." With that he motions to the street, which had corpses all over it. With that, he turns to Sarina, his expression softening a bit. "I wasn't trying to keep you two apart, I was just too busy healing you to go get her at the time. The moment I could, I did. Why bring this up? Don't tell me you are jealous? Don't be, if I didn't like you I wouldn't have adopted you."

Kiyoshi then noticed that the Wargs had stopped moving, staring at a doorway in front of them. Moments later a single walker stumbles its way through, not having sensed any of them yet. He looks over at Sarina, putting his finger to his lips before walking straight towards it. The creatures notices Kiyoshi at the last second, starting to turn towards him when Kiyoshi grabbed it by the neck, a single pulse of green light flowing through his arm and into the undead's body, causing it to go limp. Kiyoshi grabs the doorframe, using it to hold himself up for a second before turning to Sarina and only speaking one word. "Always."

He makes his way back over to Sarina, looking in every direction for movement before speaking again. "It'll be more dangerous from here on out. We need to be quiet and keep some distance between us and the undead. Keep one of the Wargs beside you. If something happens, get on and go. Find your sister. I'll be fine." With that being said, he starts to follow the Wargs again, wondering how far the kidnappers traveled in this damned place.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:45 pm

She did as instructed and kept one of her wargs close by, her eyes searching every nook and crannie as her wargs followed the ever lengthening trail. She had never seen a city like this before, tall spires of buildings and strange metal objects lined up and down the streets, some on fire, some beaten and worn into simple nothingness. She kept her footsteps quiet, something she didn't know how she knew to do, she just did it. Beside her, an abandoned subway entrance became their next destination, her leading warg stopping for a moment before leading them down it.

The dark dank corridor smelled of death and rot, and the walls were stained with what looked like old blood, parts of them cracked and dented, while others seemed completely intact and fine. The strange buzzing lights above them flickered on and off, one in the distance sparking and popping. Down the stairs they went, step after step after step, until they reached a platform. Her wargs both hopped own, into a small trench like area, lined with train tracks. They walked along that path for what seemed like an hour, until suddenly, one of the wargs just stopped.

"The trail ends here.... Like... It just ends...."

Her voice echoed throughout the tunnel, a quiet whisper of an echo, but it was just enough. A strange growl, like a mix between a dinosaur and a gorilla, came back down the tunnel, in the direction they were heading, and one of her wargs instantly got on the defensive, moving backwards behind them as if cowering in fear, or so they thought until it turned around and bared its fangs at the darkness behind them.

"I'm pretty sure this was a trap. We're surrounded, by zombies on one side, and something else on the other side.... What should we do father?...."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 am

"It's not a dead end, I just have to open the door. Sarina, hold them for as long as you can, but don't get bitten." With that being said, he begins to concentrate, trusting that his daughter would be able to hold them off for how long it would take to open the path. What seems to be ink colored smoke rises up around Kiyoshi as he mutters to himself. "Here goes nothing..."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 am

They were all around the small group, zombies, the undead, whatever you wanted to call them. In the back of it all was something else though, something larger, something faster, something even more dangerous. As Sarina threw fists and slashed with her knives, her Wargs stood their ground, awaiting whatever it was that was coming. Closer and closer it came though, the thundering footsteps growing louder and louder. Even the zombies seemed to stay away from taht side of the tunnel.

"Hows that portal coming along?!"

She yelled to her father, who was thoroughly concentrating on the task at hand. She didn't want to disturb him, but things were starting to get out of hand very quickly. Just like before, every zombie she put down came back stronger than ever, her attacks only pushing them back, and pushing them back less and less each time.

*HOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW*

An almost piercing howl rocked the tunnel as the ever looming danger finally presented itself. Jet black fur broken up by patches of blackened flesh, fangs the size of butcher knives, and eyes blood red with rage, a giant beast tore through a wall of zombies in its way before barreling into her wargs.

"No way....."

It was another warg, all big and menacing, and it was making quick work of the zombies that seemed to be wanting to attack it as well. As her wargs regained themselves they attacked, and yet they were repelled almost instantly. This thing was bigger than the two of them, something she had never thought even possible. Its claws were covered in a black blood from all the stomping around, and its muzzle was too, she could see just how much as it tried to chomp down on one of her warg's necks. A well timed tackle by tho other stopped that though.

"Time check!"

In front of her father, a line was starting to form in the very air, and his hands had just begun to grab at the edges to pull them apart when a zombie dropped down from the ceiling, landing between her and him.

Shit...
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 am

Kiyoshi heard the thump behind him, and turned his head to check what it was. At the sight of the zombie between him and his daughter he instantly lets go of the edges, turning and raising his hand, chakra flooding into his body as he does so. The black smoke forms around each and every hostile creature around them, then solidifies, covering them all from head to toe, not leaving a single spot open to the air. He speaks, his voice filled with what seems to be pure rage."Get away from my daughter."

With that, he closes his fist, watching as they get crushed and eaten, his face completely blank. The large warglike creature fought the hardest, howling as it was made completely powerless, but it too fell, just like the others. Moments later silence filled the corridor. Kiyoshi covers his eyes with his left hand, his right dropping to his side as he unclenched it. He stays like that for a minute or so, then removes his hand and looks at Sarina. "We should go, Midori is waiting for us."

He turns at the last word, walking towards the line that was slowly fading, which instantly snaps open into a full sized portal without a single motion from Kiyoshi. He stops right before the portal, shifting a step to the side and turning, looking at Sarina as he does. "You coming? Or do you want to fight zombies for the rest of your life?" He motions her through, waiting for her to go first.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 am

She was scared.

Not of the overflow of zombies or the giant zombie warg that was attacking hers, but of the coldness in her fathers voice. She had never heard him speak in an unkind manner, not even when faced with what seemed to her like insurmountable odds. He always kept his head, always. Even just earlier when her newfound sister got kidnapped and he was impaled through the chest, he kept his cool, never breaking volume or tone.

But this time.... This time was different.

The choking black fog formed around all of the zombies, caressing their skin almost gently as it wrapped around them, the last thing visible was their heads, sometimes sad lifeless eyes, sometimes anguished faces. Whatever technique this was, it, like him, was scaring her. She had felt this before, somewhere, somewhen, she had felt this same feeling, this same pressure. This same fear.

She was somewhere else, somewhere bright, or at least brighter than the sewers or whatever it was that she had just been in. The sky was dark but there were lights everywhere. The sound of metal on metal was heavy, and explosions were going off all around her. Smoke and blood permeated the air and made her gag a bit as it crept up her nostrils. She looked to her left and right, but there was nothing but open space, an alley. She tried to walk forward, to explore a bit, but she couldn't. She couldn't move her arms or legs, nothing. Looking up, she was shackled to the wall, and there were writings all over them, like in the books she had seen in Kiyoshi's library.

"Are you ready?"

In front of her a dark skinned male with purple eyes was staring her down, his hand hovering over her stomach. Stepping back, he began performing handseals, and with a terrible cry she could feel black tendrils piercing her body, she saw them flowing out from his and into her, pinning her even further to the wall. Something else was going on though, as a large circular dome of light formed around them, and then she felt all of hell in her body. She screamed, and screamed, and screamed, but it wouldn't stop, it only kept getting worse. It went from feeling like she was being stabbed to feeling like she was being skinned, and then it get worse. Her screams were so loud, so blood curdling, and yet she couldn't do anything, all she could do was scream. All she could do was suffer.

"You coming? Or do you want to fight zombies for the rest of your life?"

And just like that she was back. No pain, no wounds, nothing. Just her ,her father, her wargs, and a now open portal. Where had she gone? What had happened to her? She shook her head trying to forget, and yet the face was ever there, purple eyes staring at her so cold, just like her fathers had been only a moment ago.

"Alright"

Stepping into the portal, she felt a crazy cool sensation on her foot, and then her leg, and then her arm. What was on the other side.

*SPLASH*

She landed, or was rather thrown forward, into a vast expanse of blue. Clear as the day, and yet in every direction she turned it was blue. She instinctively held her breath, and as she moved forward a bit she knew that indeed she was underwater, but why? Had the kidnappers really come through here? Had her father opened a portal to the wrong place?

She would have to wait for him to find out.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Kiyoshi emerges from the portal, floating in the water for a moment, his gaze shifting as he looks around. A moment later he drifts down a little, straightening himself as he stands on water, casually pulling a bottle out of one of his coat pockets and pulling the stopper out. Moments later the area right around him began to fill with air, quickly forming a bubble around Kiyoshi. As soon as it was big enough, Kiyoshi reached out and grabbed Sarina's hand, pulling her into it with him. He hands her the bottle. "Keep that with you. You never know when you'll need a bottle of air."

Kiyoshi closes his eyes, stretching his senses out, looking for Midori. After a few minutes he opens them again. "She's out of range or they jumped already. I have no idea where they could have went. We'll need to split up." He takes a step before pausing, turning back to Sarina and reaching a hand forward, gently touching her cheek. When he takes his hand away, a black spot was left behind, cool to the touch, like she had a piece of metal on her face. It suddenly begins to grow, spreading across her face and down to her collar. "That will let me find you no matter where you are, and if you say my name I will know that you need me. I don't want to lose you too. I'm off, be safe." With that, he turns and heads into the water, walking in what seems to be a random direction.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 pm

She placed her hand against her cheeck, feeling the odd spot from the outside. Against her skin, it indeed felt like metal, like a spoon or a knife, but under her finger, it just felt like the same soft skin. By now, she had learned not to really question things, and so as her father walked away from her, the bubble of air simply stretched and pulled until the one bubble became two.

Floating there for a moment, she looked around, the endless deep blue daunting as ever. What was she looking for? Why had he left her? She couldn't sense portals or people, she didn't have any way of truly helping. She turned again, searching for her father, but she was alone, alone in an endless sea.

Stepping forward, the bubble simply rolled, and she went nowhere, merely falling against the side as it rolled. How had he moved. How would she. It was so confusing. Bracing herself against the walls, she again stood up, and tried to walk a bit more slowly, but with no improvement. Trying again and again, she got nowhere, and inevitably got pissed and sat down.She closed her eyes, trying to think, trying to figure it out, but every option just made no sense. It just made her head hurt.

"What are you doing?"

She gasped, her eyes shooting open as the unfamiliar voice hit her ears. In front of her, a girl, or at least something that looked feminine, floated in front of her. It had blue skin, and a shark like appearance, but other than that, it was very human shaped, wearing a halter and skirt, and carrying a net filled with fish over its shoulder.

"Can you speak... What are you.... And why are you in that bubble?"
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Previous

Return to The Lands and Cities