Adventure Time!

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Adventure Time!

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Kiyoshi steps out of the forest and pauses to gaze at the town. "Dreary place, but it'll have to do for now, don't fall behind, we're almost there." He shifts to look back at the girl following him. He pauses for a moment, waiting for her to catch up. When she does, he takes a step, then stops again, looking closer at her. "Hmm, it seems like your clothes won't last for much longer, here, use this until we can get you some more." Without another word he tkaes his jacket off and passes it to her, then continues to head towards the town.

A short time later he pauses once again, this time at the entrance to the town, he looks up at the worn sign. "It won't be long before this town ceases to be. There is twenty...no, twenty-three people living here still. Normally for a town this size you'd have over two hundred, easily. Not to mention that half of the buildings look ready to come down at any moment."

He turns to look at Sarina, tilting his head to the side. "Maybe I should buy the whole town. What do you think? Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole town as a place to live? I could turn it into something like a mansion. That could be a lot of fun." He chuckles to himself for a moment. "Okay, Sarina, go find an inn and get a room, I have to go collect someone real fast. It won't take me long so just stay at the inn. You could also find out what happened to leave the town like this if you want, that would be helpful." He gives her a small wave and goes into an alleyway, quickly vanishing from sight.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

Re: Adventure Time!

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 am

The teenage girl had silently followed her new "father" through a rather amusing forest , only stopping for a moment to adjust her shoes. In that moment though, she had fallen behind, but like someone who actually cared about her, he waited up. He handed her a jacket, noticing the tattered and oddly weathered clothing she had on, assuming that they wouldn't last her much longer if she continued on in the same fashion. Gratefully accepting it, they pressed on, the small town in the distance growing closer with every step.

As they finally entered the gates, her bright red hair and green eyes stood out in the dusty landscape like a rose in the desert. It looked run down, dilapidated, and mostly neglected, save a few small buildings that seemed like they were kept just a bit better than the rest. She looked around, picking out a few odd looking townsfolk, not in due to any defect, just odd that they were so few. She was instructed to find an inn and so she nodded her head and walked off, down a dry dirt road, passing a small saloon, a mortuary, and a sherrifs office. All of those buildings seemed kept, while the doctors, the market, and every other bulding seemed like they had been forgotton.

After almost 20 minutes of walking, she turned a corner, and finally saw a small, plain looking building labeled Inn, and hough it didn't seem as kept as some of the other buildings, it was easy to tell it was still in use.

"Hello...Is anybody in here?"

Her call went unanswered, but a rustling noise, a few creaks, and a set of footsteps preceeded a rather large woman coming down the stairs, a half smile on her face. She was dressed super plain, clothes that seemed made more than bought, and she looked like she had led a hard life, the winds of time etching wrinkles all ver her.

"Room for one? I Think we might have one of those."

Sarina shook her head before putting up two fingers, signaling that she needed a double, to which the womans face let go of the weak half smile, and put on a look of nonchalance.

"We only have one of those left, and it won't really be ready for another hour or so. Do you want the key so you can just come back?

Sarina nodded, holding out her hand for the key, awaiting he cool metal touching her palm.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:06 am

He stops in front of a door, staring at it for a second. His hand rises up, landing gently onto the handle as he closes his eyes, sighing lightly. Kiyoshi's eyes flick open as he turns the handle, stepping through the doorframe into a well lit house, the door closing behind him. He looks at the table with it's two chairs, then waves his hand, causing a third one to appear before he turns back around, opening the very same door only to step into a large library.

He pauses only for a second, then turns and walks between the selves. Moments later he exits out, spotting a table and a young girl. Kiyoshi smiles, calling out softly. "Midori, I'm back."

He opens his arms as she looks up at him, waiting for his hug. After he recieves it, he picks her up easily and starts to head back to the door. "Sorry for being away so long this time, but I have someone I want you to meet. Don't ask me who, it's a surprise." He gives her a wink, ending back at the door into the library, easily putting Midori down when he gets there. "Go get ready and meet me by the front door, I'll be there in just a moment, I have to go collect something first."

Kiyoshi opens the door, through it the table can easily be seen, he waves as she steps through, closing the door behind her. He waits a second, then opens the door again, stepping through to what seems to be a storage area. He wanders around for a bit, looking at a box here or there, until he stops at one, opening the lid for a second before nodding to himself, pick it up and heading back towards the door. He opens it and steps through to the Dining room, smiling at Midori. "You didn't forget anything, right? It'd be a pain if we have to come back." He nods at her answer, then turns and opens the door again, stepping back into the town, waiting for Midori to come through before closing the door behind him.

He shifts the box so that it was settled under one arm, then offers his hand to Midori, moving towards the inn at a brisk pace once she takes it. Once they get to the inn, he stops and looks up at the worn feel of it, shaking his head slightly before heading in, Midori close behind him.

"Sarina, why are you down here? Shouldn't the room be ready by now?" His face blanks out as he looks around, annoyed at how the room seemed to be delayed. He scans the room, shifting the box under his arm, then looks down at it.

"Oh yeah, I got you something. Almost forgot about it." With that, he offers the box to Sarina, giving her a smile. "These clothes shouldn't have the problem the ones you have on now do. If they get any holes, tell me and I'll try to find something else. Also, I guess I should introduce you two. Midori, this is Sarina, you're older sister. Sarina, Midori, you're younger sister. I hope you two can get along."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Legs swung back and forth, back and forth, as the girl leaned over the old fairy tale, entranced....

Until her papa's beloved voice was heard, and she bounced out of the chair to hug him with a bright smile, giggling as he lifted her into the air before resting her on his arm, her arms around his neck.

"Papa, I missed you!"

A surprise? Someone to meet?

"'kay~"

And then she was off, running up the stairs to her room. A cute blue shirt that matched her eyes and a simple green skirt that matched her hair and let her move easily, check. Simple, soft, earthy-brown shoes, check. The girl picked up a belt and pouch then, checking inside the pouch before tying it to the belt and cinching the belt around her waist.

"And... that should do it.... Bye-bye, Inu-kun, see you later!"

The girl hugged the blue, patched dog plush tightly before setting him gently on her bed and running off to the front door to meet her papa.

This town was really dusty....

Midori kept close to her papa as they walked, her hand engulfed by his, blue eyes looking around before she looked down, watching their steps make little puffs of dirt swirl in the air.

And then they were stepping onto a porch and going inside, the girl blinking at the sudden dimness after the bright sunlight.

"...Also, I guess I should introduce you two. Midori, this is Sarina, your older sister. Sarina, Midori, your younger sister. I hope you two can get along."

Blue eyes went round as she looked up at the older girl in papa's cloak before she hid behind her papa, suddenly shy.

"...Sarina...-onee-chan?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Her eyes narrowed ever closer and her tapping finger got even harder against the wood table, small bits of steam rising from the spot as her patience grew thinner. She was sitting in an uncomfortable wooden chair, her hands holding the trench coat closed as she sat with her legs crossed. The hour was going by excruciatingly slow, and although she had the key in her hand for the room, she couldn't go in because it "wasn't ready". This town seemed to move slower than molasses, and it was a huge change from even the small city she had stayed in just before she had met Kiyoshi.

"Sarina, why are you down here? Shouldn't the room be ready by now?"

Speak of the devil.

Her eyes opened up and the frown faded from her face as the man casually entered the building, box in hand, and something, something small and obviously shy followed behind him.

"Oh yeah, I got you something. Almost forgot about it." With that, he offers the box to Sarina, giving her a smile. "These clothes shouldn't have the problem the ones you have on now do. If they get any holes, tell me and I'll try to find something else."

Her clothes were indeed becoming worn and raggedy, holes forming in the armpits and anywhere else she sweated, and generally all over now. It was something that she had noticed happening more and more, ever since Kiyoshi had fixed her Chakra system. Had he done a bad job? Had he done something to her? Or was this yet another thing about her that she didn't know. Was it something about herself that she had forgotten?

"...Also, I guess I should introduce you two. Midori, this is Sarina, your older sister. Sarina, Midori, your younger sister. I hope you two can get along."

The little blue eyes girl scurried behind Kiyoshi before peeking out to greet her, or at least before acknowledging her. Sarina had no idea Kiyoshi had kids, or other kids she guessed, since he had officially adopted her. She was rather cute though, very nice seeming. Something about shy people definitely made them seem more friendly.

"Hello Midori... Nice to meet you."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 pm

"Greet your sister properly Midori. She won't bite." Kiyoshi gently pushes her out in front of him. He quickly steps away from her before she could hid behind him again, moving over to the counter and peering behind it, staring for a moment before his gaze sweeps around the room.

"Sarina, where is the inn keeper? The only people here are us. Shouldn't someone be preparing a room?" He starts to head for the steps when he realizes his mistake, turning and taking a single step before freezing. Three men had managed to sneak into the building and one of them had Midori, a knife at her throat. Kiyosi sighs loudly to himself and runs a hand through his hair, giving the three a death glare. "You three have no idea what you are [badword] with. Let her go before I get angry."

The three men get ready for combat, then pause as if they were listening to something before quickly exiting out the door, dragging Midori along with them. Kiyoshi curses under his breath and starts after them, he takes a single step outside, he's eyes still following the three as they headed deeper into the town, completely missing the fourth that was outside the door until the two swords entered his back and exited out of his chest. As Kiyoshi drops to his knees, the fourth man follows the other three, all of them turning a corner and disappearing from sight. Kiyoshi catches himself with one hand, blood spattering the ground in front of him as he begins to cough. He stands after a few moments, wiping his mouth and smearing blood across his cheek.

"Well, they must be the reason why this town is so deserted, come on Sarina, we better start after this. You should call the wargs, I might be able to fight them and protect you." Kiyoshi begins to jog towards the alley that they were last seen at, now being wary of a sudden attack from his flank.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 pm

The silence was deafening as Kiyoshi dropped to the ground in front of Sarina. Her heart stopped beating and she felt her skin get icy cold. The butterflies immediately started flapping in her stomach, threatening to erupt from her mouth as her knees gave way to gravity. Just as she began to fall, she saw him catch himself, coughing and sputtering blood, and the shock of what had happened wore off, dragging adrenaline through her body at breakneck speeds. Her heart went from 0 to 60 almost instantly, and the blood rushed through her veins, causing her to drop the box of clothes he had given her and rush to his side.

Just as she reached the doorway, he began to stand up, wiping the blood from his face. Her own was ridden with worry and disbelief and a host of other feelings, so much so that it sort of froze together in a weird contortion.

"Well, they must be the reason why this town is so deserted, come on Sarina, we better start after this. You should call the wargs, I might not be able to fight them and protect you."

Still frozen in contortion, she only managed to mutter, "But...But... in the...what...."

Concentrating chakra in her mouth, she stuck her index and middle finger of her right hand in her mouth, connecting the small tattoos on her upper and bottom lip with the ones on her fingers. Activating the seal using the chakra in her mouth, she let out a shrill whistle, and moments later, from out of a pool of shadows that had formed nearby, two wargs came bounding up, nuzzling her briefly before they were instructed to follow Kiyoshi.

Inside, the box that Sarina had dropped landed on the edge of the table, bumping into the old fashioned lamp that had been rather carelessly placed near the edge. That lamp was rocking back and forth on the edge of the table, and somehow, just as she mounted one of the wargs and ran off, the lamp fell, spilling its oil onto the floor, which caught fire immediately.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:01 pm

The girl had been fiddling with a long ribbon that had been tied under the collar of her shirt and left to dangle freely as her Papa moved away after telling her to greet Sarina-oneechan properly, managing to go into a shy bow--

Before strange hands grabbed her, one hand over her mouth to stifle her cry of surprise before she felt cold steel against her neck, blue eyes gone wide in fear as she stopped struggling.

"You three have no idea what you are [badword] with. Let her go before I get angry."

And then she was being dragged out the door and tossed over a stinky, scary man's shoulder as he and the others with him ran away, but there was another one and Papa was coming out after them and--

"Pa--!"

Her voice died in her throat as red spilled out of his chest and she was carried around the corner, the one who had attacked Papa soon joining them.

Blank blue eyes never left him as a few silent tears slid down her cheeks, her body ceasing all trembling as she watched and waited and the men carried her through twisting, rotting back alleys, the leading one holding something up before a flash engulfed them and they vanished....
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Kiyoshi starts to turn the first corner before stopping and sighing, running a hand through his hair. "They had some sort of teleport ready, go back and get your stuff, I'll see if I can track where they went." He snaps his fingers, putting the fire out before it really had a chance to get going, then continues into the alley way.

Kiyoshi stops and kneels down, looking at how the footprints just stop. A human looking thing appears out of his shadow as he stares, and once it was fully formed he looks back at it, raising his eyebrow at it. It nods once, then sets off, stopping at where Kiyoshi had left Sarina while it waited for her to return. Once she had, he beckons for her to follow, fluidly moving into an alley way on the other side of the street, leading her to a door, once which opens by itself. The creature grabs her hand then and leads her through it, closing the door behind her and then reopening it, pulling her through again.

The room they are in now could only be called an armory, having nothing but items that seemed to have been made for combat. The creature moves his finger through the air, leaving lines behind, ones that quickly formed into words.

'Father wants you to grab what you might need for a journey, that includes extra clothes. Do not worry about the size, everything here is made to fit everyone'

The creature underlines extra clothes twice, then turns and begins to grab things off the walls, shoving them into a bag.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 am

Patting the warg on the head, it slowed to a halt, growling softly as Kiyoshi instructed them to go back. A twist of her hips and she was headed back to the Inn, where a small plume of smoke was creeping from a window, and yet there was no fire, just smoke. Hopping off the beast, she went inside, looking at the counter that had become blackened with ash, the tables and chairs that had burned into cinders, and her box of clothes, that were somehow perfectly intact, minus a bit of soot.

Stepping back outside, she found a shadow of Kiyoshi waiting for her, leading her towards a door, and stepping through it twice, she indeed found herself in a room made specificly for warmaking. Swords, bows, clubs, sheilds, armor, and all sorts of things lined every wall, and yet she was being instructed to simplky retreive clothes...

"Pshttt"

She grabbed a few outfits, a black red and green shirt, a few pairs of pants, some cool looking fishnet shirts and pants, a tough looking jacket, and two pairs of shoes. Stepping to a nearby wall, she grabbed a load of short swords and knives, and a pair of trench knives to boot. When she was done, she nodded to the shadow and waited for further instruction.

A quick nod back and they were headed back through another door, and into the dusty light that was the almost deserted town. only a few minutes had passed, but her entire demeanor was different. She was no longer struck with fear or awe at her father's lack of death, nor was she frantic from her new sisters kidnapping. She was stoic, collected, and ready to get things handled. A shrill whistle and her wargs re-appeared, jsut as ready as she was for whatever came next.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:32 pm

On the other side of the dimensional rift would be ruins of a town far greater than the one they had left behind, stinking of death and decay. Rising spires of pock-marked stone pierced the heavens in a neat grid, the roads between them cracked and stained a reddish hue.

The moment the pair appeared, gunshots would ring out, far more rapid than those typically found back home, and a terrified man in blue overalls and a red cap and wielding a wrench would run by, screaming out "Mama mia!" as he fled from the horde streaming after him in all manner of motion their relatively human, though grotesque, forms could make.

Meanwhile another man rushed at the two shinobi from cover with a shotgun, shouting, "The hell're you two doing gawking at 'em?! Run, ya idiots! 'less ya wanna end up zombie food!"

The plumber and the shotgun-wielder were the only humans to be seen.
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Kiyoshi looks back at Sarina as she walks up to him, nodding once at her before looking back at the empty alleyway. "I'm going to need my coat back, I suggest you change your clothes before we go. It'll take me a few minutes to open this doorway anyway." He takes the bag that was being offered to him then, opening it up and looking inside before reaching it and pulling items out, quickly hiding them on his person.

Now having his weapons set, Kiyoshi focuses on the path that had been opened in front of him, looking for a crack he could use. After a few minutes of this, he grabs at something, pulling the air apart and revealing a large black hole. His eyes narrow, already knowing where it leads. "These idiots...they have no idea what they are doing. Sarina, come on. I can't keep this open for long." He looks back at her, snapping a finger at the same time, his coat vanishing from sight and reappearing on him, like he never took it off. Giving her a small shrug, he steps through the rift.

Kiyoshi gazes up at the city, completely ignoring the gun shots that ring out as soon as they arrive. Then shifts his gaze onto the horde of zombies. "Sarina, don't let them bite you. Nothing I can't handle but we don't have the time to spare." Kiyoshi focuses for a moment, easily finding Midori with the lack of the living in the town, rubbing his eyes at which direction she is. "Go figure, we have to go through the horde. Ignore them if you can, aim for the head if you can't. Stay with me. Let's go." Kiyoshi snaps his fingers, flames shooting forward, vaporizing a large portion of the undead. He instantly begins to move forward, striking at the head of the creatures who came within arms reach of him.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm

It was like stepping into hell. Darkness and light battled it out in front of her, flames of destruction breaching the seemingly endless night. Blood stained zombies roamed the street, their moaning causing her to cringe in disgust. Still, she shook her head in agreement and understanding of her task. The eruption of fire from her father only served to draw the attention of the zombies, not to frighten them like she had expected, but one look in their eyes showed that fear probably wasn't something they even understood.

Slipping the trench knives on her fingers first, then grabbing a pair of short swords, she followed Kiyoshi through the hoard, kicking a zombie away that crept out from behind a car. Its head hit the window, sending it straight through, only for the thing to start struggling and pull itself free moments later. Other zombies began to follow in its path, surrounding it for a moment before forming a small hoard.

Pulling a page out of the book of Kiyoshi, she snapped her fingers, and a small explosion went off in the middle of the pack, flinging ombie bodies every direction. The ones that survived, be it torsos or even just heads, they growled and moaned, but continued their pursuit, albeit at a much slower pace.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm

The man who had tried to help out stared in horror as the two continued on with their god-like powers... before he turned and ran. There was no way in hell he needed to be near any of these monsters.

A black cat meowed from its perch in a window high above, eyes glowing in the light of the crimson flames.

The struck-down zombies were still for but a moment before they stood once more, defying logic as the undead regenerated their limbs and healed their burns, rushing the two living with increased speed and strength, slowly but surely revealing a simple fact: the more damage was dealt, the stronger and faster they became as their wounds rapidly healed.
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 pm

He sees the zombies begin to stand back up, moving faster then they were a moment ago. Quickly turning back and stopping one of them that was about to bite Sarina, he forces it back before pulling her into a hug and releasing a minor shock-wave, knocking everything around them away. Releasing Sarina, he grabs the first zombie that managed to get back to them and just pours most of his chakra into it, pushing it into the closing horde when he was done and shielding his eyes. Moments later it explodes in a release of energy, covering a large portion of the city.

As the zombies fell where they stood, Kiyoshi looks around, giving the surroundings a weird look before shaking his head, trying to clear it. "Maybe I didn't think that one through completely. Sarina, can your pets find Midori's scent? I'm sure she is one of the few living things that passed by here recently. Shouldn't be that hard."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

Next

Return to The Lands and Cities