Blood and Instinct (Ryuuchi)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Blood and Instinct (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Mismatched eyes of brown and pupiless blue stared at the flickering fire in her palm, seeing the world in a split of sharpened vision and black and white with energies in vibrant color from her perch on a tree branch.

She'd been training her brain like this for weeks now in order to adjust; it hardly bothered her at all now, compared to the headaches she would often get before.

Her senses of smell and hearing were harder to master, as was fine-tuning her chakra absorption....

Though her new seals she was working with just fine. Every day she'd funnel a little more of her chakra into storage and adjust to her transformation seal.

The flame fizzled out, reabsorbed, and her gaze turned upwards; the sun was still high in the sky, though edging towards night....

A soft breeze, carrying a scent that brought new draconic instincts into overdrive before she knew what was happening.

Thunder and lightning heralded her entrance, ready for combat, her gaze feral--

--but there was no one to fight, and she found herself standing between Maya and a boy who aroused her protective instincts just as much as her beloved's daughter.

They were both bloodied and they'd been fighting each other.

Raika blinked, pondering briefly how she managed to cover all that distance without realizing it, her reliable memory pulling it together now that her adrenaline had calmed.

"Maya... and... you, what's your name? Anyway, come here, the both of you, and let me look at those injuries."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Blood and Instinct (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 pm

"You know, for a ninja you suck at sneaking up on people."

Muryuu had spent the whole day walking through a forest as he made his way to the nearest town, his aim was simple and the same as always...selling his blades in order to gain enough money to by buy some supplies and possibly stop by a bar...see if trouble is started around him. Such was the life of a drifter like him, though ever since his fight with the Yuki archer, he started getting himself involved in random fights more and more.
The one he spoke too was a long white haired woman, older than him but still very young. He had caught her scent a few minutes before and he was sure she had done the same but the amount of noise she made while following him made it easy for someone with his senses to figure out where she was and what she had been doing.

"How about a little respect for your older sister?"

They both stopped a few feet from each other, one was smiling while the other was frowning behind his black mask. Maya soon raised her hand and gave him a little wave along with the smile, but even he could tell that her smile was fake and forced, she didn't seem the same as the last time they saw each other and that put him on edge a bit.

"What do you want?"

He was short and right to the point, his rude way of speaking annoyed his sister a bit but she let it pass while giving him a bigger smile.

"Can't a big sister worry about her little brother's well being?"

He could literally feel the lies coming from her and his senses were picking up on the tension building up on her face behind the fake smile.

"Cut the bullshit, what do you want?"

As he persisted in asking the same question in hopes of obtaining the true answer, he took a step back and placed his body side-ways to her, something she picked up right away and made her smile fade.

"Where's dad?"

The question caught him off guard, for Maya who was obviously the favorite child to ask him about their father's whereabouts was noting short of surprising. However the last he had heard of the man was about the same time he went missing from the face of the Earth.

"I don't know, I'm leaving."

He answered her and took a step back to see her reaction...but he was not expecting what she did next. Black chains shot at him from under her violet colored coat and quickly wrapped around his left arm. Acting on instinct he grabbed a hold of the chains with the left hand and twisted his body to pull her toward him. Just as he pulled, Maya jumped forward, aided by his pull to gain even more speed and delivered a kick to his face, sending him to the ground.

"Now you cut the bullshit, I know that you know something you're not telling me. You're the best tracker out of all of us even without dad's eyes, don't tell me you didn't even bother looking for him after he vanished."

And as a response Muryuu's legs shot up, wrapping one around her leg and the other placed on her torso to send her to the ground. The moment she started to fall Muryuu grabbed the loosened chains, released his arm and jumped into the air, dropping down on his sister with a powerful punch aimed at her chest which she dodged just barely, yet saw what happened when it connected with the ground where she stood, destroying it.

She knew that her youngest sibling was weaker when he was young, she knew he did not have a demon to aid him like Keiichi nor their father's eyes like Seiteki to keep everything in check...but she also knew that when it came to the Kirinketsu Bloodline, he was true monster compared to her. Her hand reflexively reached up to the sword on her back and only realized her action afterward, it wasn't what she wanted to do as it would escalate things...she didn't want to fight him but her body was acting before her mind gave the proper orders and the moment she grabbed her sword, Muryuu did the same.

By the time Raika intervened, the siblings had already taken quite the amount of damage, their swords which their father had made, being some of the few weapons strong enough to penetrate their black scales with ease. Cuts riddled their bodies along with a couple of stab wounds and it was obvious that Maya had taken the largest amount of damage of the two, Muryuu's skill physic and skill were much greater than her, though the few burns that could be seen on his chest and back showed that he had taken some damage from her jutsu. The major difference however, was that while Maya seemed much more damaged, she also healed at a monstrous speed, healing the smaller cuts in a matter of seconds and the bigger ones in less than a minute. Though Maya knew, Muryuu had no intention of killing her during that fight, he knew how much damage she could take and stuck to just that...but for some reason she doubted whether she was doing the same.

"Raika-san!? What are you..."

Her words were cut off as she dropped down to one knee, the wounds were healing quickly but the damage and pain didn't fade so easily. Muryuu on the other hand jumped further back and held his large black sword with the edge aimed toward Raika, the skin around his arms and legs had already turned black and scaly as a way to protect himself and his red eyes focused on the newcomer like an enemy. Unlike Maya he had no idea who she was but the way she showed up in the middle of the fight put him on edge, he instantly knew she was a much stronger enemy that he couldn't fight but his instincts told him not to let his guard down.

"Yuuko! Put the sword down, she's not an enemy!"

Maya shouted the second she noticed her brother's actions, his stance and the way he carried himself was full of intent to kill unlike when they were fighting, but he also knew Raika was much stronger than he was. He, on the other hand, didn't exactly listen to her orders.

"I'm finding it a little hard to know who's an enemy and who isn't."

His words jabbed at her heart because he was right and it was her fault, his very sister attacked him for no reason a few minutes before, she too would have a hard time knowing who she could trust.

"Raika-san...he's...Yuuko, just drop the sword, please."

He heard her, but again didn't heed to her pleads.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Mismatched eyes studied the boy quietly, puzzling, breathing in the scents around her and separating and identifying them... before her gaze softened.

"So that's why I knew not to attack you.... You're his son."

Her voice had gentled considerably, sadness flickering in her gaze before vanishing into its depths. Her gaze turned to her right arm then, lifting it to study the dragon tattoo wrapped around it before lightly touching the pearl under its throat.

A puff of smoke surrounded her before wind cleared it away, and the silver-haired woman wore a black kimono with silver flower designs near the bottom and on the sleeves; its scent would be unmistakable to the children.

Gentle lips kissed one of the sleeves, breathing deep of the scent herself before she sealed the kimono away again.

"Is that enough proof for you, Yuuko, that I'm not an enemy? I rushed here after smelling not just Maya's blood, but yours. You're both people I want to protect, and to see smile. My name is Raika Hofushi."

And then she reached her hands out towards the both of them, looking from one to the other, gentle and soft and without a trace of malice.

"Come on, Maya, I know you're strong enough to walk over here yourself. Yuuko, I'll treat your injuries if you'll let me."

A genuinely encouraging smile was on her lips as she looked at the two of them.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 pm

The moment the woman referred to him as "his son" Muryuu's eyes gave off a threatening glare and his stance shifted, spinning the large and heavy black sword around to an inverted grip and lowering thing his body into a more feral like position. She then brought out a black kimono, it was the first time both of them had seen it but while Maya was surprised and a bit taken in by both how beautiful it was and the nostalgic smell it had...Muryuu didn't move or seem to react at all. They both knew what that kimono meant but Maya was the only one that knew how actually important it was that it was given to Raika and the strong relationship between Him and Raika.

"Father gave you a dress, that just means you were another one of his w..."

"Yuuko, don't you dare!"

Before Muryuu could finish the last word he was stopped by an angry Maya who had stood up and taken a couple of steps toward her little brother with her fists clenched but almost immediately she found herself again and looked back at Raika with wide eyes before bowing her head.

"I'm sorry Raika-san, he's a stubborn kid...and he didn't have the best relationship with dad."

Muryuu's relationship with his father was quite harsh, even the one act of kindness he showed him was just a mask that covered on of his experiments so it was understandable for Maya to know that by saying she was close to him, Raika only furthered the gap between them.
She then turned back to Muryuu.

"Nobody wants to hurt you, you heard her."

She turned to Raika, sat down next to her and lifted one of her injured arms, almost like showing him that Raika would help rather than harm. The arm she lifted had a large gash and several smaller ones that seemed pretty much about to close already, even without Maya's help she'd be fit for battle within a few moments but it would be more to prove a point than anything.

After a few moments, the pain and exhaustion finally started to bother him, making it hard to keep his stance. His red eyes looked back and forth, from Maya to Raika and then he dropped down on his behind. His free hand moved up to unbuckle the black mask covering his face and to allow him to release a strong sight, the other hand stabbed the sword on the ground next to him but kept holding on to the handle. His posture implied that he wouldn't attack nor run away, but he still did not trust them so was still ready in case they were to try and approach him.

"..."

He said nothing, he simply sat there staring at them. Maya on the other hand, just released a sight and mumbled about him being a stubborn idiot.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm

His reaction wasn't what she had expected, but it reminded her of something she'd forgotten until now.... Ryuuchi had never really given much in terms of details, but he'd regretted how he'd treated the boy.

Maya, meanwhile, had seemed surprised. Though the only time the girl had seen Raika wearing the kimono before had been when the sennin had met her mother, and then other things had been more important.

Still, Yuuko's comment was enough to make her chuckle.

She had the feeling they'd get along just fine once she had managed to win his trust.

In the meantime, her mismatched gaze turned to Maya's injuries, surprised for a moment by her natural healing speed before glimpsing something deeper she hadn't noticed before. Ever since the procedure that had given her chakra absorption, her remaining doujutsu had been far more sensitive than before.

And seeing what she did now... it didn't seem to hold any negative intent, at least.

Nevertheless, her hands flipped through two sets of handsigns before laying one hand on Maya's shoulder as she crouched beside where she sat in the grass, taking in all the girl's pain while her free hand glowed with medical chakra, passing over her injuries and healing them with rapid speed, the glow extending to envelop Maya's body as the rest of her remaining injuries were healed.

And then both techniques ended, and nothing more than small, ignorable aches returned to Maya as Raika gently ruffled the young kunoichi's hair with a smile.

"There you go. Now then...."

The silver-haired woman stood, her gaze turning to Yuuko as she began a slow approach, calm and gentle without giving out the slightest hint of a threat.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:14 pm

The very moment Raika stepped toward Muryuu his grip on the sword tightened and he jumped to his feet, using the sword as support. The fact that he had been sitting, that his muscles had relaxed a bit and suddenly tensed right back up just made his whole body hurt and even his left leg nearly lost all it's power for a second, yet the pair of red glaring eyes didn't waver as he focused on the approaching woman. When he felt that his legs could support him again, he took the sword right from the ground and lifted it up into an horizontal position in front of him while at the same time most of his body became covered in black scales and his hand buckled the mask right back up, a defense mechanism.

"I'm fine without your healing, just stay back."

He knew that he was not only injured but that the woman was much stronger than him, he could feel it right from the start and knew it well as it was a feeling similar to that of his father a long time ago, only the aura was much cleaner and lighter. However, even if he knew that she was stronger, he would not go down without a fight even if it took turning into his dragon form. But then a hand grabbed a hold of Raika's.

"Raika-san, if he doesn't want to then leave him. He's tough, he'll live."

Maya didn't exactly know her little brother all that well, to be honest they had met only a handful of times and despite getting along well back before, they didn't share any kind of real sibling bond. But Maya knew someone else quite well and she knew that if anything, Yuuko had their father's stubbornness and it would be a waste of time to try to force anything until he started trusting them.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Raika's free hand clenched hard enough that thin trails of blood slid down her fingers, though the hand Maya had grabbed remained relaxed and gentle.

Her sharpened vision picked out Yuuko's injuries one by one, as well as the weakness in his movements... and the look in his eyes.

"...then at least clean and bandage them yourself so nothing gets infected." She had passed over a stream in her earlier rush, right before reaching them.

She gently pulled her hand from Maya's grip, medical chakra glowing around her injured one to heal the small wounds, her eyes distant and thoughts elsewhere.

His anger as he forced his body to a stand after she had tried to take on his pain. The pool of blood mixing with the rain as he stood outside her door.

'Please forgive me for whatever I do, when I don't remember you'....

...Maya probably didn't know. And how could she tell her? What could she tell her? That Ryuuchi was a madman again, but this time he couldn't remember who was important and who wasn't? That he might not recognize his children's faces, or her own?

Her hand had reached her back without her realizing, where his draconic head was tattooed.

"Why were you two fighting, anyway?"
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 am

He relaxed when he saw that the woman finally seemed to have given up thanks to his sister's intervention and after a few seconds dropped back down to the ground, leaning his back against a tree while his skin returned to a more human like form with the exception of various patches, over his wounds. An old technique of the clan that was utilized to the protect wounds by using one's own scales almost like bandages, it wasn't be best of treatments but it never seemed to have failed him over the years.

"It's my fault..."

Maya answered Raika's question with a crestfallen look on her face.

"I came here looking for dad, my eye can track chakra but the trail ran cold long ago...Yuuko's by far the best one of us when it comes to tracking down someone, he's even better than dad. But then things...got out of hand."

Her last few words were met with a glare on Muryuu's part as he spoke up behind his mask.

"You attacked me like a mad dog for no reason."

He plainly said making Maya cringe. She had already started regretting her own actions and short fuse, one the became even shorter after she heard the news about their father's disappearance. Unlike her brother, the Kirinketsu blood that had a tendency of sending people rushing to a fight was not nearly as strong and she knew how much control it took for him to not fight back to his fullest in that situation, which helped increase the shame she felt for what she had done.

"I told you, I don't know anything. I didn't even know he was still alive, still hoping he isn't."

The elder sister's reaction to his words wasn't pretty and she immediately shot him a deadly glare but restrained herself from saying anything.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 am

A hand came up and slapped Maya on the back of the head, carrying just enough force to sting a little but nothing more than that.

"No using weapons Ryuuchi made against Yuuko."

And then she was pacing back and forth, her arms crossed and eyes unreadable, though her turbulent emotions could probably be smelled.

Maya had snapped in a way similar to how Raika had once snapped, both resulting in attacking a brother... though Raika had probably broke the furthest, since she had fought with true killer intent while she's smelled nothing of the sort on Maya.

And the other reason she was upset... was she didn't know how to explain anything to Maya. And no matter how she said it, she doubted the girl would take it well.

Finally she stopped, ran a hand through her silver hair, and sighed... before turning to face Maya, standing about as far from her as from Yuuko, her mismatched gaze sharp, calm, and serious.

"I can't let you go looking for him, Maya. Not with things as they are."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 am

"With all due respect, you can't given me orders anymore Raika-san. Even if you could, you know I'd still look for him."

Maya's answer was straight to the point, honestly she already knew Raika would say something like that as it was in her nature to care and protect others, especially the daughter of the man she loved, however it was something Maya would never back down from.

"Besides, how ARE things? I know he disappeared but you never told me anything else, especially the reason why he vanished."

When Maya heard from Raika of her father's disappearance he found the lack of information to be odd, Raika had been with him up until the time he went missing yet provided his own daughter with no more information, though Maya chalked it up to Raika being disturbed by the event so she found it best to leave it for later but the chance to ask again never did came as Raika seemed occupied with other things and Maya started tracking down her father's location.

On the other side of the group, Muryuu remained silent, simply sitting down and listening to their conversation, showing a faint interest in what they were talking about but not too much as he still held strong to his feelings that he rather have his father dead than running around and there being the risk of him being called upon and force to do any more of his dirty work once again.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 am

Raika's eyes closed, her expression calm as she reached up to massage her neck.

Her shinobi training and medical training were kicking in as a defense mechanism.

"He's mentally unstable, to put it mildly, and he's probably suffering from self-induced amnesia," she said, listing it off like a doctor explaining a patient's symptoms. "Drake's gone now, but he's still suffered enough throughout his life that even a mind as strong as his has cracked."

Rattling it off like reading facts from a medical file, unable to say his name, because that would force her to face reality again. Unable to look at Maya, or at the hell of a world they lived in that always stole away what happiness they could grasp.

"That's why it's not safe for anyone below the level of an S-rank shinobi to go looking for him. And, given it's him, not even an S-rank can expect safety."

She was still massaging her neck, eyes closed, body and mind kept calm and in control.

Unbidden, crimson eyes, red as blood, sprang into her mind.

Her eyes half-opened, dull, and her voice had gone quiet.

"...I couldn't protect him. I knew he was having trouble, I knew it, but...." ...but he kept trying to hide it from me, so all I could do was keep smiling for him as best I could. All I could do was enjoy what time we had before he....

The expression on his face when he knocked her out.

The words carved into the wall when she awoke, alone.

Her eyes sharpened abruptly, fierce anger burning through the feelings of helplessness as her jaw clenched.

She refused to keep standing still, unable to do anything.

Her gaze calmed then, shifting to Yuuko as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yuuko. You're a good tracker, right? Do you use your senses for it at all, or do you stick to methods more accessible to non-Kirinketsu?"
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:35 pm

"Amnesia..."

Maya stepped back with a stunned look in her eyes, she'd seen her father in various bad situations and states of mind but he never forgot who she was, he never forgot the memories they shared and she always believed that those memories were key to keeping him stable and sane when they were around eachother. However with the new piece of information things could change considerably, she never worried about finding him because she knew he would never hurt her but if Raika was telling the truth then she didn't know how he would end up reacting.

"No!"

Maya suddenly brought her palms up and slapped her own cheeks as hard as she could, leaving two red marks where they hit and then looked up toward Raika with a steady and confident gaze.

"Amnesia or insanity, I don't care. Dad would never hurt me..."

The moment those words were uttered a very audible click of the tongue was heard coming from Muryuu's reaction but Maya didn't even hear it as she kept going.

"...and even if he tried, I'm strong enough to protect myself and protect him if necessary."

And immediately after she finished Muryuu stood back up and unbuckled his mask to speak more freely.

"Are you done with your speech?"

His words earned him a glare from Maya but it didn't stop him as he turned to Raika to acknowledge her shift in topic.

"I don't do business with father's little love puppets."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:19 pm

"Would a love puppet intend to beat the shit out of him?"

Her right hand flexed, smooth and calm.

The next moment ivory claws were a centimeter from Maya's face, the silver scales of Raika's right arm shimmering softly in the sunlight filtering through the leaves, a flare of killer intent bursting from the woman for an instant before it vanished.

"Naiive, Maya."

Raika's voice was soft, her eyes tired.

"Yes, your dad would never hurt you. But with a mixture of amnesia and insanity... do you really think he'll be the man you know? Did you know that when Drake killed me, Ryuuchi was powerless to stop him? Did you know that he used to have multiple personality disorder, during Drake's time? Do you know how many times he could have killed me when he had episodes where his mind weakened, and his hallucinations showed me as someone he would love to tear to pieces? A stranger with all of his power, a stranger in his body. Can you really say, Maya... that that stranger wouldn't kill you without a thought? Go ahead, believe you're strong enough to protect yourself from him. That he wouldn't be able to kill a stranger with all your strengths, all your weaknesses, in an instant... if he didn't want to turn you into a toy first."

Her mismatched gaze stared into Maya's crimson, and her draconic arm fell back to her side, reverting back into her human one.

"Maya... I know you love him. But if he can be saved, if one day he regains control and finds your blood on his hands... how do you think he'd react then? Think about that, and then tell me whether you think you're strong enough as you are. I know I'm not. Not yet. I'm still trying to prepare, trying to make myself as strong as I can before I face him. So that he doesn't have to mourn for me. He'll already be upset enough by whatever damage he deals out to me."

Her gaze shifted to Yuuko then.

"What did Ryuuchi do to you that made you hate him? Other than being a poor father, from what he said himself."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Maya remained silent even after Raika was done talking to her about how foolish her idea of looking for Ryuuchi herself was, because she knew that what Raika was saying was also the truth. She knew full well the extent of her father's abilities, she knew that he was much stronger than she could possibly dream of being and that he was never one to show mercy toward enemies, it was even how he taught her how to fight, to never stop until you're sure he can't hurt you anymore. Her fighting style was brutal and dangerous, but that was only because she learned it from him.
Even when Raika turned back to Muryuu, Maya stayed back with her arms crossed over her chest and her white bangs covering her eyes, she felt like running away but restrained herself from doing so.

"I just came to a sudden realization..."

Muryuu spoke up after hesitating to answer Raika for a few moments but all the while his glare was fierce and feral, as if she struck a very sensitive nerve.

"...if you're not an enemy then I have no reason to stay here. I'm leaving."

He turned around while placing the large sword on his shoulder and for the first time showed the two of them his back, but made sure to not let his guard down, though he honestly didn't feel anything threatening from Raika toward him and his sister seemed too disturbed by the woman's words to pick another fight. He wanted to be out of that place and away from those two as they would bring nothing but trouble to his life, trouble that he made sure to avoid for years quite successfully.

"Yuuko!"

Maya finally shouted, prompting him to turn around to look at her...and he was surprised by what he saw.
Maya his eldest sister who always came off as quite prideful yet very rough around the edges, was kneeling on the green grass with her forehead on the ground.

"I should have done this from the start instead of being stupid. But Yuuko, please help me...us...please!"

Neither of the two said anything for a few seconds. Maya didn't budge from that same spot, she didn't raise her head or even move a muscle. Muryuu on the other hand turned his back to her while grabbing the back of his head, looking back at her and then Raika a few times with a really uncomfortable and troubled look, until he exploded.

"I have a good life! It's not perfect, but it's one that suits me! The only troubles I have have been due to my own mistakes! I live and go where I want! I eat what I hunt or earn! It's a simple and good life!"

He shouted at his sister at the top of his lungs, letting the loose black mask fall on the ground in front of him, yet Maya still didn't move a muscle.

"Kei-nii and Sei-nee think I'm dead! And now I hear that father doesn't even remember me? That's wonderful news! That means there's no longer a chance for him to bother me ever again! I'm free from the people that have messed me and my life up and you want me to find one of those people? You want me to find him so you can fix him? What right do you have to ask me something like that? My sister? A person I never even knew existed for the first half of my life and that I've only met a few times during the other half? Are you serious!?"

Muryuu started gasping for air when he paused while looking at Maya, it had been a long time since the last time he had spoken so much. The more he looked down at Maya's prostration the more irritated he became.

"Stop doing that!"

He shouted angrily but when she didn't react at all he started rushing toward her. The moment Muryuu reached Maya his hand shot down and grabbed her wrist and lifted it up, forcing her to look up.

"I told you to stop!"

But then the look that she gave him made Muryuu freeze completely. When her red eyes met his own of the same color he saw no tears nor the look of defeat and submission but instead a strong determination, one of someone that would not be stopped in order to achieve their goals and had no problem throwing away pride and dignity, the look of someone with a powerful resolve.

After staring into her eyes for only a few seconds he released her and turned his back to the both of them. His fists were clenched and his veins were quite visible from the amount of power he was putting into his grip.

"Fine, I'll do it."

The moment he said those words, Maya's eyes lit up and a big smile formed on her face. She couldn't help herself from jumping up to hug him while shouting a big Thank You but he moved quickly, placing the blade of his sword to her neck to stop her in her tracks.

"Don't...just don't..."

He said to her with a dangerous glare and then turned to Raika while Maya nodded and backed off, showing a bit of sadness in her eyes from the sudden rejection.

"And you, what do you want from me?"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 pm

There were times she missed a simple life, that was for sure... and yet, if she'd stuck to that, she never would have formed many of the relationships she had.

And when the boy finally turned to her, she simply rubbed the back of her head.

"I just wanted some advice on dealing with a heightened sense of smell and hearing.... I recently had a friend adjust them up to draconic levels, but I haven't asked her for much in terms of getting her to help me adjust to what she's given me, since she's already busy enough with her own problems.... If you'd rather not, though, that's fine. 's just annoying that I haven't adjusted well enough yet to be able to go into any towns, though I'm sure I will eventually."

She winced slightly in memory of her last attempt.

"It's amazing how loud and smelly towns really are. I've always preferred the wild anyway, but damn," she chuckled.

And I'm also curious to see what your smile looks like, if you ever do smile. Though I haven't been doing much more than be an annoyance or get too close for comfort, from his reactions... oh well....

Not to mention I'm going to heal his injuries one way or another.
She glanced at his injuries ever so briefly before returning her gaze to his.
Raika

Next

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways