Uncertainty (Arzy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Uncertainty (Arzy)

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm

"I'm not leaving again," he says quietly, tone firm despite the troubled, almost defeated look in his eyes.

"That... thing... isn't in control anymore. I'll take care of it."

After a moment's silence, enjoying her company, he pulls away, laughing bitterly under his breath.

"So what now? I can't very well go back to Kumogakure. They took Ryuuchi back in after what he did, but he didn't exactly destroy the village. No one's going to accept "it wasn't me" as an excuse."
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Omoi gently shook her head.

"They didn't 'take him back in'. Raika did. Anytime he went out of her house he had to put on a Henge to disguise himself. And really, his excuse's about the same as yours, from what I've heard. Though he had both a demon and multiple personalities to blame."

Her hands found his, gently lacing their fingers together.

"Besides, I'm not planning on--...ah. Raika's awake."

Omoi's eyes unfocused as she went through a quick mental back-and-forth; the older woman was in Omoi's main pocket dimension, using the interface systems there to verbally talk to the human-formed dragoness, though for the latter it ended up being entirely in her own mind.

After a moment, she grimaced slightly before sighing, her expression calming again.

"Well... she's certainly pissed off. Nice to see her being active again instead of being depressed, though."

She chuckled softly, her lips curving into a more noticeable smile this time as her gaze refocused on her beloved.

"Anyway.... I'm not really planning on going back to whatever's left of Kumo. The survivors left the ruins alone since there's some kind of aura around the place that can be deadly. And with Raikou itself under the control of the Onigami now, shinobi aren't really welcome there, anyway. At least not anywhere they can be found easily."

Her eyes half-closed then, tired.

"I haven't really been getting out of my pocket dimensions very often these past few months, anyway, unless somebody calls me. We live in a mad world, and this really seems to be the only safe, peaceful place left...."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:57 pm

"Aura?"

His expression would perk up a bit at this, hands clenching into fists and then unclenching.

"Give me the details, maybe I can fix it. That's got to be worth something."

He'd hesitate for a moment, broken eyes finding hers once more.

"Or am I not allowed outside?"
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Omoi winced at his question.

"I... that's... I mean...."

Her gaze went abruptly down to study his hands, eyes flicking from one to the other as she studied his right hand, making sure the muscle mass matched his left....

...and finally she sighed, her shoulders slumping.

"...if our positions were reversed, would you let me out before you were certain things wouldn't just go downhill again?"
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:07 pm

"No," he replies honestly, shrugging.

"But were our situations reversed, I'd feel more than capable of stopping you if it came to that."

He sighs quietly before turning away and pacing the length of the room, arms stretching above his head, letting out a pleased groan as he stretches his tired and -finally- healed body.

"Either that thing is to blame, or I am. If you really believe that it wasn't me, then there's no point in keeping me locked up in here. Besides," he continues, head turned to glance at her over his shoulder, brown-and-broken-gold peering at her through inky black hair, abyssal tattoos still harsh against his tanned flesh, "do you really think that thing wouldn't be able to get out of here if it wanted to?"
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Omoi sulked, her arms crossing over her chest as she stared out into the sunlight.

"Meanwhile, I don't exactly have many ways to stop you without either risking serious injury or risking you dying. And I'd be a lot better at putting up a fight here if I had to."

Her jaw was set stubbornly until she glanced back at him to meet his gaze, and she sighed softly.

"Bath and examination first. Ever tried hot springs before? Made some when I designed this place. Wash off the blood with one of the showerheads, take a dip in the hot water, will be good for your muscles.... I'll clean off your clothes after you've gotten them off. Afterwards we'll head to the small lab I set up. Alright?"
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:26 pm

"Hot springs... shower's too simple?"

A quick glance around and sniff of the air would pinpoint the location of the hot springs, and he had to admit, warm water did sound fairly tempting.

"If I didn't know better I'd think you just wanted me out of my clothes," he'd tease absently, a thin layer of black scales shrouding his torso as he carelessly tossed his clothing away, an allowance for modesty if only because he couldn't be sure who - or what - was watching in Omoi's odd prison realm. A low chuckle, and he'd take his momentary leave, making his way to the hot springs and following through with her 'orders'.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:44 pm

She had to admit that getting him out of his clothes was part of the reason... though not necessarily for the more common reason. Those seals of his bugged her; they were something foreign, something he'd obtained under the Kuroryu's influence. So who knew just what they were meant to do?

Quietly she gathered up his clothes, pondering the scales he'd used to cover himself... what, did he think there was anyone else around to watch? She was the only one in control of this place. Though she supposed others might create something as a guard or have someone keeping an eye on things.

Though did he really think she wasn't going to join him herself?

...she felt like she was thinking too much. She had a habit of doing that when she was alone.

Though while she'd been thinking, she'd already phased all of the blood and dirt and everything else out of his clothing, letting it all be whisked away by the cleaning system as she deftly folded her beloved's clothing and followed after him. The path from the dojo to the hot springs was a relatively short one; just a quick walk between it and the house, away from the ocean and through a forest path up a cliff, the hot springs perched on top with a low wall of stone around the edges of the cliff to help keep anyone from getting knocked off. The shower area was set back a bit from the steaming pool, but close enough for people in the two areas to easily be able to talk, a small hut for changing and holding clothing behind the shower area. She caught up just in time to appear behind him, suddenly kneeling shampooing his dark hair as he sat at one of the showering stations, his clothing off in a basket in the changing hut and her own body quite bare.

"There's no one around to see but me, love," she commented lightly, sapphire eyes showing a glimpse of amusement, her tears long since dried.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 pm

"Should have just burned them," he remarks, referencing his clothes.

"I'd rather not keep anything related to that thing when I can just make more out of scale weaving anyway."

A snap of his fingers, and he'd dispel the scales in question, letting the warm water wash away the blood, dust, and grime still coating his body, remnants of a war he didn't even remember waging. He briefly considered trying to tap into his gifts as a Blade, use what senses he had to see how many of the others had survived since his world had gone black, if any... but no, that would risk venturing too close to the Kuroryu, if it was indeed lurking just outside his sight, ready to snatch his mind again at the earliest opening. He didn't feel weak without that constant feeling of the Blades, however; if anything, the strange tattooing he'd noted upon his chest seemed to radiate power. While he wasn't sure where it had come from.. it was interesting.

"Your turn," he'd offer after she'd finished, a slight surge of chakra seeing his form abruptly flickering behind her own, a gently push nudging her into sitting before he returned the favor.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 pm

As his hands worked through her hair and she lathered up the rest of her body, Omoi released a soft sigh of contentment.

"I can still disintegrate them for you. And... I could make you new clothes, if you'd like. You certainly seemed to like it the last time I did, even if it was a bit temporary, aside from those coats."

She glanced back at him briefly as she grabbed the showerhead, rinsing the suds from her limbs.

"...if I could just tear it all away from you, I could probably give you most of what your bloodline did, without any potential strings attached. Same with those seals... I'm not exactly fond of them without knowing where they came from and what they do."

Being as skilled at fuuinjutsu as she was, she could probably figure them out with enough time to study them, but.... Seals didn't exactly always come off easily just because you had them figured out.

Soon enough she was holding the showedhead over her hair, rinsing away the last suds before turning it off and setting it in its holder, rising to move with her beloved to the hot springs, stepping in and slowly sinking into the hot water, sapphire eyes flicking to the ocean view for a moment before looking to her beloved with a soft smile.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 pm

"The seals stay. I know enough about fuuinjutsu to sense that you don't want to be playing around with them. As far as whatever they're actually used for.. don't know. Doesn't matter. I'm sure they'll be useful."

He'd let out a relaxed sigh as he sank into the hot water, a thin veil of hardened darklight sliding over his eyes before he fully submerged his head, taking a few moments underwater to simply enjoy the heat. Upon raising his head back out of the water, he'd dispel the makeshift lenses, blinking irritably a few times until his vision had readjusted to the light.

"It's a nice place," he admits, reaching out and brushing a lock of sapphire hair behind her ear. "Almost as good as the real thing."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:34 pm

She snorted softly at that, though she couldn't help but smile at his touch.

"Bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you didn't know I'd made it."

With all of her hot springs, she'd done her best to mimic what natural ones did, right down to the molecular level, though the heating of the water was a bit different.

She was still worried about those seals, though. She didn't plan to just take them off or directly mess with them, just visually study them until she reasoned out what they did... and maybe she'd be able to spot their creator's signature and recognize other seals made by the same person when she saw them.

Her gaze drifted to him again, and she reached out to gently stroke his cheek, her eyes softening.

No matter how much she had wanted to keep her guard up until she was sure... it just fell so naturally with her beloved around.

"...you're not allowed outside of my senses."

Her smile softened, a flicker of genuine happiness shining in her eyes despite their worries, so much like the evening they had both confessed and spent their first night side by side.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Habitually, he'd roll his eyes at her concern, before smiling.

"Fine, fine. Just try not to keep me on too short a leash."

His hand would cover hers at his cheek, head tilting slightly against her. After a moment, he'd frown slightly.

"So, the aura around Kumogakure. Tell me about it."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Omoi frowned slightly at his question, pausing to remember everything she had heard about the strange event.

"I've only heard rumors and bits and pieces of information from Raika, since I haven't gone to look myself, but.... She refers to it as some kind of demonic aura, almost. Apparently anyone who goes into it risks sickness, and if you stay in for too long you'll die of it. It's been there since the village was destroyed, though nobody's figured out exactly what caused it. Whether it was the Kuroryu blowing things up, or the rampaging bijuu, or even Supaiku-sama crashing his airship into the place to kill the remaining attackers after Raika and Tsuuki-sama evacuated all they could, or even all of those or none of those. There could've been some forgotten secret weapon that used demonic power somewhere in the underside of the village, for all we know. Either way, love... even if that aura goes away, it's more likely to result in the village becoming a hideout for bandits or something. With the Onigami in control, shinobi are supposed to retire, go into exile, or end up arrested. They aren't exactly the most unbiased against us."

Omoi sighed, sapphire eyes tired, and moved lightly through the water until she was sitting side-by-side with her beloved, gently leaning her head against his shoulder as her eyes closed.

"...still, though.... It would let everyone who died be given a burial. Might be able to make a list of everyone, figure out who might have gotten out alive."
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 pm

"So what if it becomes a nest for bandits? Still better than being an inhospitable - and fatal - wasteland."

He'd sigh quietly, one arm slipping to her hip to hold her close against his side.

"Besides, if I - that is to say, this body - is responsible for what happened there, then I'm obligated to at least try and set things right. And if the Onigami have an issue with it, well..." Smirking, he'd continue, "The only two I'd worry about are the ones from the bounty posters. The rest don't seem crazy enough to follow me into that aura, let alone actually pose a serious threat."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways