Uncertainty (Arzy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Uncertainty (Arzy)

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:49 pm

She stayed quiet for a moment, listening to his heartbeat and breathing and feeling the gentle pressure of his arm holding her close....

And a smile curved her lips.

"You know that I'm not going to just let you walk in there alone, right?"

Sapphire eyes opened to look up at him, her hand slipping behind him to gently rub his back.

"So... I imagine that means either I should figure out a defense or you need to figure out how to protect me from the aura's effects. Or both, to be doubly safe. And... we'd need to make sure that you don't end up affected, either, love. Or you could try to do something from a safe distance."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Otoha would arch his back out of reflex at her touch, before relaxing back against her hand.

"If it's an aura, regardless of what caused it, it's likely chakra based. So, theoretically..."

He'd fall silent for a long moment, contentedly sighing at her touch.

"So theoretically, that chakra could be absorbed."

His free hand raised towards the air, he'd make a slight motion, the empty circle found upon the pommel of Doomgiver recreated from darklight above his outstretched hand.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Sapphire eyes studied the darklight construct curiously, her hand still moving in circles against his back.

"That's...?"

It had been a long time since her love had explained the more unique swords of his collection to her, and he had refused to show her three of the more dangerous ones.... Though, the more she tried to remember any of his abilities that might be used to absorb chakra, there was only one blade she could think of, unless he'd managed to pick something up in secret....
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm

"The Sword of Justice. Chakra absorption. It'd theoretically get the job done."

A snap of his fingers, and the construct would wisp away into the air, the aftereffects forming a hazy shadow in the air for a long moment before the light filtered back through. Otoha watched the effect, frowning slightly,

"It's that or seal the source off, but we don't know the source. Can't keep a barrier running that long either."
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:45 pm

'Doomgiver', huh....

Her eyes closed again, her arms wrapping around his chest to hug him close.

"But will you have the chakra to hold it for as long as necessary? If you show me how you'd make a barrier, let me take some time to figure out what we'd need, I could figure out a way to hold or improve the barrier."

Gently she nuzzled his neck, softly sighing against his skin.

"You're trying to fix everything yourself right now.... How 'bout relying on me a little, love?"

She smiled, softly chuckling as she continued, "It's not like I haven't been known to break past the impossible or anything."
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:35 am

He shivers slightly at the touch to his neck, before replying.

"It's my mess, or... technically, anyway. I'm the one who should clean it up. It's not right to expect you to - or even ask you to - fix it. Besides, a barrier wouldn't do anything against what's already there. I think..."

A brief pause, his free hand absently tracing the design of one of his two 'new' seals, fingertip trailing around the thick black ink.

"No, I know I've got the chakra for it."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm

"Otoha...."

Her voice as she called his name was quiet, soft, raising her head so that she could meet his gaze directly, a slight frown on her lips.

She hesitated then as she gazed into his brown-and-broken-gold eyes.

Could she really get onto him for this when she often tried to take everything on herself, too, even when he was around?

Had being without him for so long affected her judgement for things like this?

She sighed, hugging him close again and leaning her cheek against his, closing her eyes.

"...I'm just as at fault for not stopping it from happening, or even noticing it was happening until it was too late. Some partner I turned out to be."

A quiet laugh, just as bitter as his own had been earlier.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:06 pm

"You brought me back, didn't you?"

One hand absently running through her sapphire hair, he'd stare towards the mock sun, eyes passively filtering out the more harmful aspects of the light.

"As far as I'm concerned, you already made up for any shortcoming you insist there was. Whatever it was that kept you from noticing.." He'd shrug carelessly. "I'm sure it was worth it."
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:21 pm

That... seriously didn't make her feel better.

Whatever had kept her from noticing was worth it?

She'd ignored every single sign that something was wrong! Missed it, rationalized it away, and when he was gone and she was stressed and following orders without a thought she'd--

Omoi pulled back quietly, gazing at him, remembering as her eyes followed the contours of his body. Every injury she had healed after rescuing him burned in her mind, just as much as the day the Kuroryu had won was.

"It wasn't. Not at all."

Her eyes closed, shaking her head fiercely.

"Nothing's worth the chance of losing you."
Raika

Previous

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways