The Black Party [Oddric]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Re: The Black Party [Oddric]

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Of course. No price Ninoya could pay would get Ryuuchi out of her head. She had to find another way. She would find another way.

"What game are you trying to play?!" She screamed after Ryuuchi finished speaking. It would be different if he was just evil. Ninoya could get that. But what was all... this? Why the games? What was the point? Was he just doing it for fun? Was this the extent of his insanity? Ninoya wanted to find a reason behind it all.

She fell to her knees as Muryuu began his assault. Despite his massive transformation and how he threw Bofoy around like a ragdoll, Ninoya had a hard time concentrating on anything else than what was going on in her head.

Ryuuchi told her to stay still, but how could she? It hurt so much. Trying to focus on what she was losing seemed impossible. It wasn't Muryuu. Family? Father. Sister. Uncle. ...Wait. Mother. She had a mother. No she didn't. Wait... wait...

"Ah!!" She screamed as Bofoy crashed back into the castle. Both in pain and frustration. She knew what was being scrubbed from her mind. As the massive dragon came back into the room and engulfed the dragon slayer with white flames, one part of Ninoya knew she had a mother. Another found it improbable, given that she knew nothing about her. There were gaping holes in her memory.

Standing, the headache had gone away. Only a flurry of emotions remained as Ninoya looked to the dragon that had turned Bofoy into a charred mess. It was not what Ninoya wanted, but she didn't have serious qualms about it.

"Muryuu? Are you all right?" He probably wasn't Ash shiver went down her spine just looking at what her friend turned into. A thought crossed her mind. Could she take him on if she needed to? "Don't let the beast take over. Bofoy's dead. Relax." Lord forbid she called on Ryuuchi for another favor to calm the young man.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

He wasn't sure why...but Muryuu was feeling fantastic, better than he had felt in a long time. It was like an enormous weight had been lifted from his shoulders, it felt so liberating to let his instincts take over and steer his body for once, it was the same feeling he was beginning to get during the fight against the young red dragon and the very same one that took over when he fought his brother years before. It wasn't a primal urge to feed, it wasn't the drive for survival that pushed him into attacking the man but rather the need to assert complete domination over the other, the need to not only beat and kill the enemy but to also completely destroy him in the most brutal way possible. It was giving him such a tremendous hunger to fight that he wasn't even aware of what he had turned into or what his body was doing, just that it felt...blissful.

The white flames quickly burned themselves out after the attack stopped, although they were flames with incredible temperatures they also didn't last long after cut off from the host's energy supply. He lifted his head and released a powerful roar as Ninoya attempted to calm him down, a roar that finally shattered the remaining windows in the immediate area. He could feel it, the power he always tried to suppress and lock away in fear of letting it take over, he knew that he was feeling the same thing his brother and father felt when they embraced their bloodline rather than reject it. And then something crashed against his unguarded stomach, sending the large black dragon right out of the room once again.

"Don go f.uckin' killin' me off like that, lass."

Bofoy stood tall where the dragon had been seconds before, although alive it looked like most of his left side had taken a lot of damage as his left arm just hung limp and heavily burnt...along with part of the left side of his head. Bofoy's armor seemed damaged as well, being completely destroyed at around the left arm and shoulder and scorched around the torso area.

"This is why I f.uckin' hate black dragons with your f.uckin' weird energy! Burn tha rune right off!"

The large muscle bound man shouts and spits on the ground next to him as he sees the large winged lizard roll from his back to stand on all fours. White flames started escaping from the gap between his fangs once again as he readied yet another breathe attack, one that he would make sure to reduce Bofoy to ashes with. Bofoy on the other hand released a large, bellowing laugh and grabbed one of his daggers.

"Fine then! I'll block this one an' make you look like a gom!"

The strange words began to glow around the dagger's blade as well as on the back of Bofoy's right glove, both of which he pointed toward the black dragon. However, he was not able to demonstrate the rune's power as a sudden bolt of lightning suddenly struck the side of Muryuu's head, sending it crashing into the ground and making him release the attack harmlessly into the air. Bofoy looked shocked at the scene as he just stood there with his arm stretched forward and not moving.

Muryuu was rocked by the lightning bolt, it not only hit him in the head by surprise but it did so with incredible power, it was one of the strongest lightning attacks he had taken in his life, comparable to the attacks he took when he had been "trained" by his father. He tried to stand back up but his limbs were not responding, sparks flew from various parts of his body and he began to shrink in size, the same sickening sounds that were heard when his body turned into a dragon were heard as he turned back into a human until he was himself again, kneeling naked amidst the snow with glaring eyes focused on his side. He could see the origin of the attack, he didn't know who it was but he could see that person and he just felt like tearing them limb from limb.

"Bofoy, you've made a mess of things again. Didn't I tell you to keep your macho bullshit down and treat our guests with respect when they woke up? Your ridiculous fighting has nearly destroyed the house."

She was a beautiful woman with light brown hair and eyes, clad in a white breast place and wielding an intricate white sword on her right hand that still released the odd electrical spark. The woman made her way from what looked to be one of the gates leading to the outside straight toward Muryuu who remained unable to move as several sparks still jumped all over his body. Each step the woman took was incredibly elegant but at the same time she left no tracks in the snow, a feat made even more impressive considering she was wearing high heeled boots. The woman gently lifted her sword and aimed the tip in Muryuu's direction after stopping a few feet short of him.

"Have you calmed down or do I need to hit you with another one? Because I'm quite famished and I'd really like to get something to eat soon."

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:37 pm

"Muryuu!" She screamed over Muryuu's own roar and the shattering glass. The archer had covered her ears due to the awful noise her friends was making. If he didn't calm down... if Muryuu begun to rampage...

Turning, Ninoya squinted at the sign of Bofoy's limp arm and burnt skin. Damn, he was tough. Tough enough to actually combat Muryuu, rather than run. Ninoya took a step back, arms rising as her hands came close to each other. Her green eyes flicked from Bofoy to Muryuu. She wasn't sure which one to fight. Her own instincts were taking over, to fight the dragon before her. If Muryuu couldn't calm down, she had to stop him. Not kill him... but... subdue him, maybe. But how?

Crack!

A familiar crackle of energy struck Muryuu, causing Ninoya to flinch. The archer was one of the best raiton users in the Snow Country, so seeing such a powerful attack come from someone other than her was... surprising.

As the beautiful woman pointed her sword in Muryuu's direction, Ninoya was by her friend's side. She removed the black cloak that draped her body and put it over Muryuu's own. She could feel the raiton chakra that was stuck in his system. "What are you going to do, eat him?" She didn't trust the woman very much, either. However, something told Ninoya that this woman was beyond that. "...Muryuu, do what she says. Calm down. You're better than that beast you were earlier." Ninoya squeezed Muryuu's shoulders, applying chakra to cancel the electrical mess within the boy's body. Hopefully he wouldn't lash out again. The duo were far too powerful for them. "What do you want from us? Kill us? Study him?" She looked into the woman's eyes, angry and confused. But an idea springing into the young girl's head. Would these two be able to help Muryuu and Ninoya kill Ryuuchi?

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Muryuu's red eyes focused on the woman, glaring daggers at her with such an intensity that it was clear he'd like nothing more than to jump at her throat and rip it apart but unfortunately, and luckily for him, the electricity still coursing through his body was preventing him from attempting even the most simplest of movements. But the lack of mobility did nothing in calming him down, rather it made it worse and it wasn't until Ninoya's arrival at his side that his focus finally shifted from the woman. Her voice, her words and her touch didn't do much to calm him in the way she wanted, though in a way he did calm himself. Rather than calm down exactly, Muryuu's shift in focus allowed him to assess the situation a bit better. The woman had been capable of delivering a powerful attack that not only took him down but also paralyzed his body and even though he could start to feel his body regaining control thanks to Ninoya, he was still tired while she looked fresh and ready to fight, not to mention that Bofoy still seemed able despite the injuries. Every alarm in his head was telling him that attacking the woman would be a bad idea.

The moment he could feel control over his body once again, Muryuu got to his feet, forcefully pushing Ninoya and the cloth away from him with his arm. He stood in the nude for a few moments, not caring for being seen, as parts of his body became covered in black scales. The action prompted Bofoy to grip the dagger in his hand tightly as if getting ready for an attack however the woman didn't even react. But instead of some dragon transformation, Muryuu's scales began shifting into what looked to be clothing and in no time he was left with a skin tight sleeves black shirt, black shorts and boots...for some reason the clothes made from his own scales seemed to feel much more natural to him than usual.

"Kill and study...did you say eat him?"

The woman frowned after her mind registered the absurdity that came out of Ninoya's mouth and quickly turned toward the large man standing by the broken windows.

"Bofoy, what did you tell them?"

The man's back quickly straightened and he dropped his dagger.

"Muffin, this is not what it looks li..."

The obviously desperate attempt to give the woman a sweet and innocent smile failed as even before he was able to finish speaking a bolt of lightning hits him square in the chest, coming right out of the woman's sword. The lightning bolt was much weaker than the one that had hit Muryuu before but it was still powerful enough to send the man flying back a few feet and land on his back.

"Every time you start a conversation with that line it ALWAYS end up being what it looks like."

The woman shouted quite angrily while turning her back to Muryuu and Ninoya, even then Muryuu felt that attacking her from behind would be a bad idea.

"The Master ordered me to disregard your orders and present our guests to him upon their awakening. He then proceeded to intimidate and threaten them before attacking and nearly killing the young man."

The old butler from before comically appeared next to the three of them, giving the woman a quick report of what happened. Upon hearing the old man speak Bofoy jumped back to his feet and ran to the windows again.

"Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! You ol' bag of bones! Erin my sweet, this old fool has lost his mi..."

Another bolt of lightning sent the man flying back once more, this last one appearing even more powerful than the last.

"Yamamoto, tend to his wounds and have the staff set up a table for us in the kitchen."

She ordered as the blade of her sword made its way to the inside of the white scabbard by her waist.

"Right away, Mistress."

The old man respectfully bowed to the woman and walked back inside the mansion through a door not far from them. The woman called Erin by Bofoy then turned back to the two and released a heavy sight while two fingers rubbed her right temple, showing how much of a headache the whole situation was to her.

"Now you two. Regardless of how much of a barbarian my husband may look like, we are not cannibals. The mere thought of eating another human is making me lose my appetite. No dear girl, I meant proper food fit for you and I."

It was an interesting choice of words that even the still on edge Muryuu caught, unlike the Bofoy who immediately treated him as nothing more than a dragon, the woman called him a woman and treated the act of eating him with disgust as if eating any other of her kind. It didn't serve to calm him down any more than Ninoya's words but it was something he couldn't help but note.

"I wanted to have a civilized discussion with you two but it seems that hotblooded fool couldn't hold his hatred in any longer, for that you have my apologies and he will be punished accordingly later. For now, would you care to join me in the kitchen? I'm sure your boyfriend's injuries are not too severe that they would keep him from filling his empty stomach."

Not even waiting for a reply the woman made her way back into the mansion through the same door the butler had used before. Muryuu quietly followed her, not even giving Ninoya a glance as his glare never left the woman's back.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Ninoya stumbled back as Muryuu pushed her. If the circumstances were different, she may have pushed back. Or cussed him out. Instead, the archer remained silent. She didn't want to agitate her companion in fear of him turning back into a monster again. Even though she had said she had trust in Muryuu, that he could beat the beast inside of him, seeing Muryuu in full fury had unsettled the Yuki-nin.

After listening to the back-and-forth conversation between the two adults, Ninoya jumped as the butler spoke. She wondered if he was a retired shinobi. She didn't even see or hear him approach them. Something about the butler didn't sit well with her. Hell, everyone around her was putting her off.

The girl's green eyes flicked to Muryuu as Erin spoke. She didn't see him as just a dragon. Or, so her words stated. Her actions would tell a different story. Ninoya was still quite frustrated that she wasn't getting a proper answer for why they were brought her.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hungry..." Ninoya said, looking to Muryuu again as the duo trailed behind the woman. Muryuu didn't seem to be in a conversing mood. His jaw wasn't paralyzed, was it? No. Just in a bad mood. She ignored the boyfriend comment. It wasn't worth the effort. "A civilized discussion would be great. Answers, too. A lot's happened to us recently." Ninoya had settled down, not usually her fiery self as her hair depicted. Erin seemed much more reasonable, and a strong potential ally. And if Ninoya was to do something about the Ryuuchi stuck in her head, Bofoy's access to "anti-dragon" seals could be the key. Or else, Ninoya would take matters into her own hand. It was a level of witchcraft she wasn't sure she was capable of.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 pm

The kitchen wasn't far from the now destroyed part of the mansion that was destroyed in the short battle between them and Bofoy so by the time they arrived the staff was still busy setting up the table. The kitchen was very unlike the rest of the mansion, while every other area was grand and extravagant, the kitchen was actually smaller and more shabby than expected. The cooking station looked like the back of any decent restaurant with three people busying themselves over the stoves, one setting up plates and around five others taking the food to an old hardwood table of to the side of the entrance.

"Make yourselves at home."

Erin said waving her hand toward on of the rows of chairs while she made her way to another. The moment Erin approached one of the chairs the old butler seemed to appear out of thin air and pulled the chair back for her aiding the mistress in sitting down, an act she frowned upon but didn't bother to voice her complaint. Muryuu stopped when he set foot in the kitchen, the smell of the food surrounding the place was overwhelming, especially for someone with an empty stomach. He made his way to one of the chairs, ignoring where Ninoya would have chosen to sit and instead focusing on the smell of grilling meat not far from them.
Immediately after everyone sat down, some servants approached them and placed various and quite shiny pieces of tableware for each.

"I believe introductions are in order. My name is Erin Lane, the brainless fool you were playing with before was my husband, Bofoy Lane. You are currently in our home in the mountains and I ask you to refrain from destroying more of it, I rather like this place."

Food started arriving to the table as she spoke, the variety and amounts were impressive to say the lease. From different kinds of meat cooked in various ways to exquisite and rather beautiful salads, it was heaven for the hungry.
Muryuu hesitated when he saw a great platter of seared meat drop near him, he picked it up showing no manners whatsoever, not that it seemed to bother anyone, and smelled with intensely. Only after ascertaining that the food had not been tempered with to the best of his knowledge, did he start eating every piece of meat within his reach. There wouldn't be much talking on his part as it seemed, thus Erin turned to face on Ninoya as she started filling her cup with red wine.

"Let's make it simple and fair shall we? I ask a question and you ask one back."

She took a sip of the wine, nodded to the butler who made his way back out of the kitchen and then looked Ninoya dead in the eye.

"Although seeing as your boyfriend is a Kirinketsu himself, this might have a simple enough answer, but I want to know how the two of you got tangled with what looked to be quite a dangerous Kirinketsu."

The name of his clan made Muryuu freeze with his mouth full of meat, his red eyes glared intensely at the woman who simply ignored him.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Stepping into the kitchen, Ninoya turned her head about to look at the elaborate kitchen. She begun to wonder where these two got all their money. When dragons came out of their slumber, did they begin to kill the beasts for money? How much would a village pay to get rid of a pest problem of that magnitude?

Walking over to the table, Ninoya took a seat a couple away from Muryuu. Close enough, but the hesitant archer didn't want to be too close to the young man that had gone totally enraged just minutes earlier.

Raising an eyebrow to the servants, never mind the butler, Ninoya settled her eyesight on Erin. She hadn't heard of her before. Keeping silent on the matter of the damage done to the mansion, Ninoya listened to Erin. Kirinketsu? Was that the proper name for "black dragon"?

"My name is Ninoya, and his is Muryuu." She spoke for her companion as he stuffed his fast. The fiery haired girl decided not to touch her food yet. "We're not romantically involved." She said bluntly, wanting to crush that assumption. Normally, she would have ignored it. But if they were to really ally themselves with Erin and her husband, she wanted to be honest. "And that Kirinketsu we were with was his father." Ninoya nudged her head in Muryuu's direction. "I'm not sure what he wanted with us, but, it wasn't anything good. I think he's already affected us in some way." Ninoya looked to Muryuu, something clicking in her mind. Had Muryuu also been altered by Ryuuchi? Aside from when Ryuuchi had resurrected his son. "Muryuu, what have you been experiencing since you woke up? As Ryuuchi altered you in anyway?" She wasn't sure how to say it, because it sounded so strange, but she wondered if Ryuuchi was also in Muryuu's head.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Muryuu's fierce eating came to a full stop the moment Ninoya blurted out that the black dragon kidnapping them was his father, he obviously didn't feel comfortable with her revealing such a sensitive piece of information which was evident by the piercing glare he gave her, not matching his cheeks filled with food and food spread around his mouth. The glare didn't last long as he returned to eating once again with a grunt in Ninoya's direction, listening to what else she had to say the a woman he still did not trust but she seemed to oddly trust too much in his eyes.

Ninoya might not have been sure of his intentions but Muryuu had a general idea of what it could be since he only kidnapped people for one of three things. The first and most common was for his scientific experiments, the second being for some kind of mind game for study and entertainment purposes and finally there were a rare few that served as nothing more than meals, the unfortunate souls who's chakra he found to be delicious. Sometimes victims would go through all three, they would have likely faced the same fate.

But then Ninoya blurted out another piece of information, one much more sensitive, the black dragon's name. This piece of information combined with the previous one of him being the man's son was one of the reasons why Muryuu had adopted a fake name and took great care in not sharing this secret with others and Ninoya just shared that secret with a stranger so easily. His fist slammed against the table and he got to his feet while glaring at red haired huntress, swallowing what food he still had left in one big gulp. However Muryuu wasn't the only one caught of guard by Ninoya's information, Erin spoke up when she saw Muryuu standing up as if confirming that what Ninoya had said was true.

"Sasaki Ryuuchi's son...considering the youngest is supposed to be dead I'd say you could only be Keiichi, but then again you look nothing like him. So you're either a long lost child of the man or the information about Yuuko's death were greatly exaggerated."

Flabbergasted and speechless, Muryuu could only stand there looking down at the woman with wide eyes. Not only did she know his father but she knew about him and his brother.

"How?"

Was the only word that managed to leave him but Erin simply gave him a smile and asked a few questions herself, quite calmly.

"Is what she's saying true? Did your father alter you in any way? Do you remember anything odd?"

It was like his brain started to shut down and he wasn't capable of perfectly processing the questions, earning Erin a confused response.

"What? Altered? No, I have no idea what she's talking about. But how do you know so much about..."

Erin interrupted him by raising one hand and using a fork to pick up to food off her plate with the other, a motion that further irritated Muryuu yet the anger was still ignored by the woman.

"What about you Ninoya, what has he done to you?"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:25 am

Shifting, Ninoya looked to Muryuu who stood in his seat. Ninoya would not have so easily revealed information about Muryuu and his family, but Erin, even her husband, could be the people that could help save their lives. Save Muryuu's life. He probably couldn't see it, but Ninoya was doing this to help him.

"Yuuko?" Ninoya muttered. Was this Muryuu's true name? He never mentioned anything alluding to the fact that his name wasn't truly his own. Then again, if Ninoya's father was an evil bastard, Ninoya would feel obligated to change her name. Actually, on the topic of parental figures...

Ninoya shut down for a moment, hand on her head as her breathing changed. Her father. She remembered her father. But her mother... she definitely had a mother. She did. But... Ninoya couldn't remember her. At all. Nothing. Just that these was a blatant space in her memory. So that's what Ryuuchi did.

"Ryuuchi," Ninoya began, looking to Erin. "He gerfguh... uhf... gerup bufnum!" Grabbing her own throat, Ninoya coughed. Then spoke gibberish again. She couldn't speak. "Aaaah!!" She screamed in frustration, slapping the glass cup from the table. "I can't say it..." Another trick by the madman.

"Muryuu." Ninoya looked to him. He was no doubt still upset. "These people can help us. Help you. Maybe you don't want it, but between all of us, I don't think Ryuuchi stands a chance." Plotting against Ryuuchi, with a figment of him in her head, it was strange. As if the real Ryuuchi would know what they were up to. Maybe he could. But Ninoya wasn't about to do nothing. Ninoya had to get him out of her head.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Muryuu was suprised with Ninoya's response to Erin's question, she wasn't one to fool around so the fact that she suddenly acted like a fool instead of explaining could only mean one thing, that something was preventing her from talking and HE was the only suspect in his mind.
Erin on the other hand didn't seem to make much of reaction to Ninoya's gibberish as if it was something she was expecting or had seen before, maybe even both.
And then Ninoya spoke of taking down Ryuuchi...

"Don't underestimate him."

It was unintentional but both Muryuu and Erin responded in unison, not just the words but the way they said it, as if stating the most obvious of truths to both of them. This surprised Erin as much as it did Muryuu and after a moment of hesitation she smirked at the both of them and signaled to the rest of the staff in the busy kitchen, ordering them to turn the stoves off and leave immediately. The orders confused Muryuu as much as the employees but the latter followed her words to the letter, carrying puzzled expressions as they left the three of them alone in the kitchen.

"Although underestimating him is quite foolish, Ninoya is still right. If taking down Sasaki Ryuuchi is the goal then you have a better chance of doing that while working together, fighting alone will just get you killed."

Muryuu scowled at both Erin's words and at Ninoya's acceptance of the whole thing. Perhaps it had been from his life's experiences but Muryuu had a hard time trusting people, Ninoya had been one of the few exceptions though what he would call their friendship was only possible thanks to what they went through together...from fighting against each other to fighting along side each other. However the fact that Ninoya was accepting everything so easily, especially after the woman's husband had nearly killed him not long before, just didn't sit well with him. That Erin was a major concern of his, not only did she seem to know way too much about him and his family but she seemed to wish for Ryuuchi's death as well.

"Who are you and why do you want Ryuuchi dead too?"

Unlike before, Muryuu asked the questions quite calmly but still holding a fierce look in his eye. He wanted to know the woman's reasons behind her goals and why she knew more than she should about delicate topics.
Erin, who had already expected Muryuu's actions, gave out a sigh and stood up while pushing her chair back. She then proceeded to unbutton her vest and shirt while speaking.

"During the many years your father spent experimenting in his labs, he also built his own personal army of undead and monsters..."

Information Muryuu was all too well aware of, he had personally seen his father work and the result of his experiments...memories he tried and failed to repress many times.
Erin finished unbuttoning her shirt and removed both the shirt and vest without a care in the world, leaving only her black and red laced bra. Her beautiful white skin was marked with various scars of different shapes and sizes but most noteworthy of all were two tattoos, one right at the center of her chest and another over the right shoulder. Muryuu instantly recognized both tattoos, one was a pentagram encased in a sun like aura and a long red fissure running along it vertically and the one on the shoulder was a cross encased in a triangle.

"You're a Nephilim..."

Muryuu clenched his teeth, he had seen both of those tattoos together before on other members of Ryuuchi's army.

"He took me and my sisters when I was 16, I'm the only one still alive."

Looking toward Ninoya she paused and noticing a gap in knowledge she decided to elaborate.

"Within Ryuuchi's army, we Nephilim were the elite...his genetically modified toy soldiers."

Muryuu suddenly interrupted them by stepping closer to Ninoya and glaring intensely at Erin.

"And also his most faithful servants..."

Erin ignored Muryuu's movements and began putting her shirt back on.

"Not by choice and you know that. When Yomi revolted and imprisoned him, the seal that made us worship him weakened...when he escaped and vanished it grew weak enough that the strongest of us were capable of finally break it just before Yomi took the reigns."

Erin spoke of the events that had happened around three years before, when Ryuuchi's favorite toy and leader of the Nephilim managed to break her own seal of obedience, locked him away and tortured him for a whole year before his eventual escape and disappearance. Muryuu had heard about Chiyoko, the woman known as Yomi, taking control of his father's facilities and servants but also that many of them had gained their own freedom in the process. It wasn't hard to believe that Erin could be one of them.

"I married Bofoy in an attempt to learn his clan's secrets to use against that bastard. It's a shame I wasn't there when Bofoy found you."

She frowned when saying that, as if cursing fate for taking her so close but having her miss a priceless opportunity. In the time between Muryuu and Ninoya's "rescue" and awakening, Erin spent every waking hour out in the mountains looking for Ryuuchi herself, but found no clue.

"I trust this much is enough..."

She said to Muryuu while buttoning her shirt back up, his response was simply a reluctant nod.

"Good. Now, since I seem to have lost my appetite, I suppose I should get you to your equipment, would you like that?"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Nodding, the fiery haired girl looked from Erin to Muryuu as the older woman reinforced what Ninoya had said: they all needed to work together if they were going to take down Ryuuchi.

Hands fidgeting, Ninoya's brow furrowed as Erin removed her shirt. But it became obvious why she removed it... to Muryuu, anyway. All the archer could deduce was that she had some serious scars and tattoos. Erin seemed to be subject to some sort of experiment. A physical experiment of Ryuuchi's. Ninoya seemed to be a mental experiment. She couldn't even say what he had done. To a degree, Ninoya couldn't even completely say what it was he had done. Even if she was able to talk about it.

Following the conversation, but not able to fully comprehend what was being said, she gave a sigh of relief as Muryuu seemed to settle into the idea of tagging along with Erin. Maybe not so much Bofoy...

"That would be great." Ninoya responded, contributing once more. She had nearly forgotten about her equipment. Part of her thought Ryuuchi had taken it from her.

As Ninoya stood up from her seat, she looked to Muryuu. Trying to see if she could get some sort of sign of approval. Or forgiveness for forfeiting information so easily. If he would even look at her. He didn't express his negative emotions toward what had happened, he ignored it. Which was worse.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Erin lead the two through the mansion, passing through halls and corridors they hadn't seen before and allowed at least Muryuu to get another great feel of just how big the mansion really was. He wondered while watching the woman from behind just how a former Nephilim like her was able to get her hands on a place such as this one and the only answer that came to mind was that it must have belonged to her husband, Bofoy, though it was hard to believe a muscle brain like him would have the money to buy and support such a place. Regardless, as they made their way through the halls Muryuu's eyes never left the woman's back, taking note of windows and exits but ignoring any other life form in the vicinity.
Upon arrival to a pair of large metal doors Erin stopped and looked back to see the two younger guests, her eyes locking with Muryuu's for a second which only served to tense his body for just a moment.

"Right, welcome to the armory."

She said before opening the doors and revealing the massive and impressive room inside. The chamber had a high ceiling and was almost as wide as the hall where they met Bofoy for the first time, however unlike the other room this one had no windows at all, the only source of light came from several chandeliers up above which didn't really match well with the atmosphere of the room. The inside was filled with several high shelves with several different types of weapons and armors and the stone walls held nothing but the larger weapons.

"Bofoy loves this room, he spends all day taking care of the weapons in here. Come, we're keeping your things in the dragon section."

Erin spoke while leading the due through the weapon filled shelves...the place felt like a huge library but instead of books, it contained several weapons meant to maim and kill others, quite intimidating once he thought about it for a bit.
After a while they came upon an opening near one of the corners in the room. Before them was a bandaged up Bofoy sitting on the floor and sharpening his axe with whetstone. The man looked back upon noticing the arrival of the three and immediately got to his feet, staggering a bit as he did so but using the axe for support. Glaring at Muryuu he opened his mouth to say something but was stopped by Erin who grabbed him by his dragon scale armor and pulled him down to her level so she could whisper something to her. Luckily for Muryuu he could ear what they said thanks to his exceptional hearing but all she seemed to say was for him to take Ninoya and give her something he couldn't quite make out as she used a strange word.

"Ninoya, your stuff is over there."

She pointed to a chest two feet away from her.

"Then please follow Bofoy, he'll show you some of our dragon slaying equipment. Muryuu, I want to talk to you about something in the meantime."

Upon saying that Bofoy staggered toward a safe not far from the chest Erin pointed out and began opening it up. Meanwhile Erin pulled Muryuu aside to talk to him next to his large black sword which rested against the wall behind them.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Unlike Muryuu, Ninoya let her eyes wander around the mansion. It was very impressive, very vast. She had gotten an idea of how huge it was when she first walked out of that guest room and to the dining room, but the fact that there was so much more to see... it in that moment that the archer decided she wanted a place just like this when she was older. A mansion fit for a dragon slayer.

In the armory, the orange-haired girl looked around once more. "Wow." She exclaimed, observing Erin speaking to Bofoy through her peripherial vision. She was curious as to what she had told him. "You can keep my bow if I can take one of yours." Ninoya chuckled, opening the chest and taking her equipment. A few extraneous things were left behind. Her black dress she had on would do fine.

She watched Muryuu walk away with Erin, her eyes lingering for a moment before turning and moving toward Bofoy. Was something being kept from Ninoya? She already wasn't comfortable with her position, given what Ryuuchi had done to her. Was that what was being talked about?

"All right." Ninoya said to Bofoy, fixing the strap across her chest so her bow stayed in place. She stopped next to Bofoy and the safe. "Let's see what what you got."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Right after breaking away from Ninoya and taking Muryuu to his equipment, Erin pointed toward the large black sword leaning against the wall.

"That one isn't yours is it? He made it."

She spoke of the black sword, looking down on it with a hint of hatred in her eyes. After taking the two in Erin had noticed the black sword in Muryuu's possession, he had been clutching the weapon with such force that it was hard for them to remove it at first. Bofoy and Erin later ran tests and it was easy to determine that the blade of the sword was much stronger than anything a young one like Muryuu would have been capable of creating, thus that left one other option...the blade had been made by Ryuuchi himself. Muryuu confirmed her assumptions with nothing but a nod.

"We have a problem then. These swords of his were made using his own scales and he can feel them if they get close enough. If you carry this then we might as well throw away any chance for a surprise attack."

It was not a skill Muryuu possessed yet, evident by the fact that he was unable to notice the scale Ninoya had before. If Ryuuchi could actually feel his own scales once close enough then that might have been one of the ways he had found them and one of the reasons they caught his attention so easily.

"I know that these swords are the only surefire way of cutting through his armor, I'm not even sure if Bofoy's runes will work, but we'll have to concider leaving it behind."

At the same time as Erin talked to Muryuu, Bofoy had begun taking out a few daggers and laying them out on the floor between him and Ninoya. Reluctantly he lowered his large body and pointed toward the markings on each of the blades. Each marking was different from the next with a total of four unique markings being present in the daggers.

"Right...I ain't gettin into detail here but there's four runes we use to kill dragons."

He pointed to the first one and the moment his dragons scale glove touched the blade, the marking lit up with a red color.

"I call this one Flame, this run activated upon contact with dragon scales and releases energy that increases the sharpness and toughness of a blade depending on it's force. Basically the harder the swing, the better it'll cut. It's the same one I have on my axe and you saw...it works."

He then moved his finger to the second dagger's blade and the marking lit up with a green color.

"My favorite, my people named it Mountain Tomb but I just call it Bind. Basically, when dragon scales come into contact with the blade, it releases an energy that surrounds the dragon and paralyzes them. Downside is that any outside force breaks the effect, that's why you gotta aim for a kill move."

The man moved his hand to the third one which lit up in a purple color.

"Void is used to blo..."

Bofoy began talking but stopped the second he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. The large man signaled to Ninoya to wait and then straightened his back while his still working hand moved to the axe that was by his side. Noticing this, Erin also stopped and took a step to the side to get a better view of what was going on.
It was then that, as per usual, the old butler showed up a foot to Bofoy's side. Seeing the old man suddenly so close made Bofoy lift his axe up but upon noticing who it was he lowered it and released a sight.

"Old man, you have to stop doing that."

The butler smiled, however his smile was odd and unlike before, it carried more malice than he had ever seen the old man express in the years he had been working for his family. But it was what the man said that truly confused Bofoy.

"My apologies sir, but I'm afraid it would be troublesome for my Master if you continued..."

Bofoy opened his mouth to ask what the hell the old man was talking about but as he did so the old man shot his fist toward Bofoy's face. Now, Bofoy's a skilled, strong and seasoned warrior and a single punch told him a lot about an adversary and what that particular punch told him was that the person throwing it was a skilled one. Too fast to avoid but too weak to cause any damage, that's was the nature of the punch and as the fist made contact with his face, Bofoy looked down at the man......just in time to see the old man's grin and his head explode. It was as simple as that, the punch made contact with Bofoy's face and the next moment a strong but controlled explosion blasted his head apart, leaving a headless body to fall to its knees and finally to the ground.

"My mission is to simply keep an eye on you lot, but I'm sure Master wouldn't mind it if I break you a bit."

Erin watched her husband's lifeless body drop to the ground as if watching a movie in slow motion, her brain was registering what had just happened properly and was struggling to make sense of the fact that the old butler they had known for years suddenly turned on them and blow up Bofoy's head clear off his shoulders. Muryuu on the other hand was surprised for a moment but after a second his hand shot toward the hilt of his sword, drawing it from the scabbard while his left hand became covered in black scales.

"Bofoy..."

Hearing Erin mumbling her husband's name made Muryuu glace back at her, just in time to see the pure blast of hatred coming from her eyes, anger just splattered all over her face like he had never seen before. One moment her hands were down and the next she was drawing her sword and releasing a powerful thunderbolt from the blade. The lightning crashed against the ground before hitting the butler and ripped through the stone floor as it headed in his direction.

However the moment the lightning reached the man he made a ridiculously high jump with great ease, his feet glowing as he latched on to the high ceiling. Seeing the man dodge her attack, Erin twisted her sword and swung it up in his direction making the lightning bolt change trajectory and blast straight toward the ceiling. Yet again the butler dodged, dropping down to the ground the moment the lightning reached the ceiling, creating a big crater where the old man once stood.

"Now now, I believe your anger is getting the better of you...Mistress Erin."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 pm

A frown showed on Ninoya's face as Bofoy said he wouldn't go into detail about the runes. She would pry him for information later, she really wanted to know the inner workings of them. If she could do that, she would really be the best dragon huntress in the Snow Country.

"Yes." She responded, eying the blade. If all there was to the weapons was the markings, all she had to do was memorize them. She figured it'd be a bit more intricate than that, though. "It works."

Between Bind and Flame, she wanted to know more about the former. Whatever it was, it had the strength to keep dragons bound. That was very powerful. That alone would be enough to conquer any dragon in her path. It was enough to scare off Ryuuchi, according to what Bofoy had said. Seeing the arsenol before her know, and the confidence that Bofoy had as he spoke about the different runes, Ninoya believed that they stood a chance. They could stop Ryuuchi today.

Well, that's what it seemed like. Hope faded fast, though.

While Ninoya once thought of the butler as quirky more than anything, that changed about as fast as he appeared to be moving. That is, when the old man effectively decapitated Bofoy.

"What?!" Ninoya gasped, unable to control herself. She moved from the situation. The younger girl looked to Erin to lead some sort of attack. Or to do anything, actually. The butler seemed way out of her league. "Master..." Ninoya said, in the midst of everything going on. "I assumed he was talking about Bofoy when the butler came and got me and Muryuu... that's not who is Master is." She said out loud. Erin might not have even heard, too focused on the gentleman that killed her husband. If the butler's master was Ryuuchi, which seemed likely at this point, than this whole plan of theirs was a bust.

Slapping together hand signs, Ninoya kept her hands clasped together, not activating any technique yet. It seemed impractical to try and fit the butler, but the girl had her ways to match his speed. Or, stand a chance against it. "Okay, fine, you've made your point!" The fiery girl yelled to the seemingly frail man. "What do you want with us now, then?! I think your cover is more than blown! What is your plan?! Beat us until your 'Master' gets here?!" She had a point. If he was just supposed to spy on them, make sure they didn't do anything to plot against his master, what was he to do once he wasn't a spy anymore?

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::