The Black Party [Oddric]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Re: The Black Party [Oddric]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:46 pm

"Such misguided and mistaken assumptions..."

The butler spoke directly to Ninoya while at the same time keeping an eye on the much more dangerous woman standing not far from her. Despite the utter rage she felt from her husband's passing, Erin was still capable of controlling herself, at least enough to not rush in blindly against a man who's abilities were unknown to her. He was not the Yamamoto she knew, the old butler had always been a sneaky one with his uncanny ability to pop up wherever and whenever he was summoned within the mansion but he never once showed any combat ability. Not only that but she had never felt any power from him yet the man standing before her carried a dangerous aura and a stance that had no glaring openings.

"Who are you?"

She snarled at the man with sparks crackling all around the blade of her sword.
The butler grinned at her and began removing his jacket and undoing his shirt's buttons.

"My cover is indeed blown, but not that it matters much. The Master ordered us to keep an eye on things and report to him, his interest in that man's seals was enough to give me this task. However, I have hereby deemed it fit to eliminate any with knowledge of creating these seals for they are a threat to Master and any threat should be eliminated."

As he spoke, the man's features began to change. His thin and seemingly worn out body began to grow bigger and more ripped, his old bearded face became younger and younger, the beard seemingly regressing back into his body and his hair turning from white to black. In a matter of seconds the old man had become an athletic man in his late twenties.

"Allow me to introduce myself! I am Taichi Kimura, the Burst Dragon."

The man removed his shirt and his skin began to change, morphing into orange colored scales much in the same way as Muryuu changed his own skin into scales. Not only his skin but also other features were added or changed. His teeth became larger and sharper, adopting a predatory like feel to them, his eyes changed to red, his ears grew bigger and pointy, his hands became claws and spikes grew down his spine into the newly formed tail. Soon the once old man had become a young half-dragon.

"I would advise you to avoid fighting Taichi."

Ryuuchi's voice rang immediately next Ninoya's right ear as he seemed to be floating upside down, with his head just above her right shoulder. Unlike before, time did not seem to stop when he appeared, yet neither Erin nor Muryuu would be capable of seeing him as he was merely an illusion created in Ninoya's mind.

"He is quite strong...not only did he kill an adult dragon by himself but he was also one of the few with a compatibility of over 80% when I mixed him with the dragon. He's not a guy you can fight, Ninoya."

Meanwhile, Muryuu was stunned as he watched the man obtain a form similar to his Ryuuko, a form not found in neither dragon nor human outside of the those with the Kirinketsu bloodline. He could have just been another Kirinketsu but to Muryuu and even Erin, that was impossible! Kirinketsu were exclusively black dragons, half human and half dragon in nature but they were always black dragons. For a man to use the same ability but with a different scales, not to mention the small differences in the Ryuuko form...he was an impossible anomaly.

Muryuu pulled back his sword and got into a lower stance as the scales that covered his hand started to spread to cover his arm and part of the torso. He was thinking of attacking but Erin acted before him.
Erin's feet released sparks and the next moment Erin was already near Taichi, using blinding speed to close the distance and thrust her sword right at the dragon man's chest. But the attack failed, Taichi took a step forward and turned his body to avoid the sword while at the same time grabbing Erin's right arm with his left hand. The woman acted quickly upon feeling his tight grip and twisted her body, lightning surrounded her leg and she delivered a powerful lightning enhanced kick to the man's gut which sent him flying back a couple of feet but still landing on his feet. The man's chest released a small quantity of smoke, showing how strong the kick was not only physically but also elementally but instead of pain, he merely grinned and lifted his hand.

"Goodbye, Mistress Erin."

He snapped his fingers and two explosions occurred, one tearing Erin's leg apart and the other separating her arm from the rest of her body. Erin dropped to the floor, blood pooling under her mangled body as she screamed in pain.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Sliding one foot back, Ninoya also let electricity fly through her body, much like Erin. With the more capable dragon hunter taking charge, Ninoya hoped they could easily deal with the butler.
"Master, master, master..." Ninoya scoffed, clenching her fists.
"We all know who you're talking about, we're not morons!" Ryuuchi, of course. At least, that's what the younger archer had assumed.

Now Ninoya slid the other foot back, in an attempt to put some more distance between herself and the dragon-butler... he was definitely a servant, just not Erin or Bofoy's. Where the hell did they hire this guy?

Eyes widening, her head turned to Ryuuchi. Her vision bounced to Muryuu and Erin, but obviously this was yet another hallucination. Not quite like the last one, as time progressed as normal.
"Compatible?" She muttered, listening to the man's ramblings. Why was he telling her this? What was the point? Probably to gloat, as all villains did.
"Well then what do I do?!" The fiery girl screamed to the empty space next to her... at least that's what everyone else saw.

There were but a few sounds of battle before Ninoya looked to the older woman screaming in pain. As expected, the butler easily outclassed her. Lightning still sparked about her limbs, it was increasing her speed and strength. Of course, it was likely not enough. Not nearly enough. Ninoya wanted to fight the butler, or say something to him, or do anything, but it was fruitless. What could she do against such a beast? Ninoya started this journey with the notion that she was a magnificent huntress. No dragon could stop her, and it seemed true as she slayed her first. And now... look at all that had happened. Ninoya went from top of the world to the bottom, cowering in the dirty corners of a city. "Damn it, help me!" Ninoya turned to Ryuuchi again. If the hallucination had vanished, she just screamed it to the heavens. The archer imagined that Muryuu was next, once the butler finished off Erin. And finally, the butler would go after Ninoya. Never had the girl felt so helpless, but seeking the aid of a mental infection set into her mind by a dragon demi-god wasn't the best place to start. But what was she to do? She couldn't let what happened to the couple happen to Muryuu.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Muryuu watched in horror as the man seemed to easily dispatch not just Bofoy but now even Erin, two powerful fighters that not even he would have been able to defeat. It was not that Muryuu cared for the both of them but rather that Erin had been one of his father's nephilim and judging by what he had seen of her, she'd be close to Sin class which were his father's elite soldiers. Not only did this man seem to hold the power of dragons but he defeated someone of such a caliber, Muryuu knew that even if he were to team up with Ninoya that neither of them would survive. There was only one thing to do, he had failed before when his father showed up but this time it would be different...he hoped.
Muryuu's hand gripped his sword tightly and he charged forward only to stop between Ninoya and Taichi, the tip of his sword aimed at Taichi and his black palm facing Ninoya.
The man grinned, his most dangerous prey had been dealt with, the injuries she had received not only incapacitated her but would soon lead to her death as she groaned in pain on the ground. All that was left were the girl and the boy, he rushed forward as fast as his legs could take him and readied to punch the dragonkin that came between him and the archer.

Then she called for help.

The scale necklace on Ninoya began to glow a red light, Muryuu's black sword began to give the same glow. The sword quickly lost its form and the black scales moved to cover Muryuu's arm. Taichi's punch was then upon Muryuu but suddenly the covered arm caught the fist, stopping it completely. The attacking man was shocked as he felt an overwhelming grip on his hand, so strong it felt as if his hand would break at any moment.

Meanwhile, the possession of Muryuu's arm didn't stop there as the scales soon covered his whole body. The last thing Muryuu's eyes saw was Ninoya, he turned back to her, eyes as if calling for her help just before the black scales completely took his body over.
The hand holding onto Taichi released its grip and taking advantage of that the man jumped back to safety as he observed the odd turn of events. The scales covering Muryuu didn't stop there, soon they began to morph again and slowly gaining shape, one that was not the same as the young man they covered.

In the end, between Ninoya and Taichi stood not Muryuu...but a red haired young man dressed in all black.

"Wow...this feels so weird..."

He said looking at his fingers as he wiggled them.

"It'll take some getting used to, though his structure is surprisingly not that different from mine. How convenient."

He cracked his neck and knuckles as he turned his back to Taichi and turned to Ninoya.

"Consider your wish granted my dear, your knight in not so shiny armor is here for you."

He took a bow and smiled at her, however as he did so the dragon-man behind him shouted.

"Who are you? What is this!?"

The red haired man turned around and tilted his head slightly as he observed the man's confused expression but then it suddenly hit him, a sudden bout of realization.

"Yea...yea...it makes sense that you don't recognize me. I was what? Around twenty years old when I looked like this? Boy...the years have not been kind to me...I was such a hot piece of ass!!!"

He turned around quickly to wink back at Ninoya but immediately returned to Taichi.

"But tell me Mr. Burst Dragon...why are you so nervous? Inching back, hands up and in an actual fighting stance...is that sweat on your brow I see? Come on, what's wrong bro? I'm just as strong as the kid I just took over, how come you're so scared?"

He was right, not even Taichi had realized it himself but he had been in a combat stance the whole time, unlike when he had fought Bofoy and Erin with his hands down the whole time as if showing his disdain for their combat ability. Not only that but he had also inched a couple of inches back from when he had jumped back.Only when it was pointed out, did Taichi realize this and yet his hands did not drop but rather his whole body became tense again.

"Che...I've done what I wanted in the first place anyway. I'll get you two later..."

And with that line, Taichi turned around and rushed out at a blinding speed without looking back.

"Well...that was extremely disappointing..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 am

"What?" Was Ninoya's first reaction, noticing the crimsoning of Muryuu's sword. Her own vision partially impaired by the glowing red of the necklace around her neck. Given that Muryuu seemed to be fending off the old man, Ninoya kept her distance. Of course, the old man quickly became a lesser concern.

"What." Her eyes widened, observing the new man that took Muryuu's place. The red hair, the way he spoke, what he was referring to... Ninoya only anticipated one person. "I didn't ask for this." She scowled as the new man finished his confrontation with the butler.

The fiery girl took a few steps forward. "What have you done with Muryuu?!" She shouted, sick of being confused and helpless. Now there was seemingly no one left. No Erin, Bofoy or Muryuu. "How are you even doing this?" There was no part of Muryuu left, at least on the outside. Well, almost no part left.

Pulling of the necklace around her neck, she held it up by the string. "There's still this piece of Muryuu left, and I know he's still in there. So whatever shi.t you pulled... Muryuu, you can fight it! And you." Ninoya glared at the man. Whatever he wanted, whatever his plan was, she wanted no part of it. Ever since the attack on Yuki, it seems her life has been completely taken over by dragons. "Get out of my head!" She hoped his appearance in the physical would keep him out of his head. The last thing she wanted was to see double.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:22 pm

"Oh God...calm the f.uck down for a moment...I'm not even in your head anymore."

Disappointed in both the lack of resistance from Taichi and Ninoya's behavior, the younger looking Ryuuchi scowled and crossed his arms while looking away. He expected Ninoya to be surprised but to think that he would be so unwelcome by her even after helping the girl so much in such a short time, it was outrageous to say the least. He then turned to face her again and stuck out his finger, pointing straight at her chest as he spoke.

"First of all...you asked for help but never specified in what way so I did as I pleased. And as for how I did it...let's just say I have my ways...but don't worry, your boy is fine for now."

It was actually simpler than one would think, at least for him. The way he transferred into Ninoya was easy as it only required the quick use of an old seal to split a small part of his soul and put it into her just before she had been taken away. His current form on the other hand was a simple shift in the soul from Ninoya into the sword, which was made by Ryuuchi and already a part of him. A quick take over of the boy with the highest possible compatibility with him and it was done. Simple, for someone that had spent most of his life executing techniques and experiments far more difficult and complicated.

Then something he had forgotten suddenly came back to mind, Erin had completely slipped his mind. Considering she was a Sin class Nephilim, something like getting a limb or two blown apart would not keep her down for long, she wasn't designed to let something minor like that stand in her way...it would be shameful for him to put out a weak product.

"Ah yes, Erin should be waking up any mo..."

And there she was, grabbing the back of his neck and slamming him face first into the floor with all her might, making the stone floor crack underneath the pressure of the impact. Aside from an extremely angry expression, Erin looked just fine...her missing limbs had been replaced with new ones, still giving off steam from the regeneration process a a couple of patches here and there still missing skin, which quickly grew back within seconds.

"RYUUCHI!!!"

She shouted right in his ear, it somewhat hurt but not as much as the electrical shock she released all around her. Lightning shot out of her like a wild thunderstorm and part of it hit the man she was already in contact with, sending high voltage electricity coursing through his body.

"Oh wow...hey there...that kinda hurt..."

Despite replying with a quite cheeky grin and a wink back to her, he felt every bit of her rage fueled lightning and it hurt just as much as he would expect from her, quite a lot.

"I will tear you apart, limb from limb!"

He had lost count of how many times that line had been directed him from past enemies, it would have given him a nice nostalgic feeling were it not for the face that the woman was gripping the back of his neck way too tightly and had her knee shoved right into his spine. Not to mention the prospect of another lightning attack.

"Feisty...I can literally feel just how much you love me right now."

But he couldn't help himself, it was stronger than him...he just had to be the snarky bastard, a trait that was much worse back when he was younger and was surfacing the more danger he faced.

"Shut up!"

Instead of lightning, Erin shouted while pressing down harder on him and throwing a right punch with her new fist right into the side of his head, further cracking the ground.

"Ok Erin...that's enough..."

Not really enjoying the scene anymore, the skin where her hand was grabbing his neck turned to black scales and began to twist as they rose and looked to engulf her hand. Luckily for Erin, her fast reflexes and knowledge of his abilities were enough for her to move away from him just before the black scales managed to reach her. Not like he actually intended on doing anything but scaring her away.

"Now...if you would allow me to elaborate on the situation..."

He said as he sat up and crossed his legs.

"I am not who you think I am...well I am...but I'm not...it's complicated. Let's just say I'm only a part of him, but also myself...I'm not making any sense right now...it all sounded much easier in my head..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:45 am

Ninoya lowered Muryuu's scale necklace that she held. "For now?" She quipped, picking up on the technicality in Ryuuchi's words. "I don't know what you're expecting or who you think I am, but Muryuu better damn well be all right." Needless to say, a 'thank you' was far out of the question. The thought of politeness did not even cross the girl's mind.

Erin was not at the forefront of the fiery girl's thoughts, so when the woman appeared by Ryuuchi's side, throwing him to the ground, Ninoya was a bit startled. She focused on the steam rising from the woman's new limbs, Ninoya was amazed that Erin was capable of such a thing. But then, it was partly derived from Ryuuchi's own doing. It was then the archer began to contemplate what Ryuuchi really wanted with Ninoya. Did he see something in the young lady that he could modify? Did he see Ninoya as just another experiment to be had?

If Ryuuchi had not taken over Muryuu's body, Ninoya would have joined Erin to combat him. Killing the Ryuuchi that stood before them now likely meant that they would kill Muryuu too. Any damage to Ryuuchi would no doubt leak over onto Muryuu.

"Erin, don't hurt him." The girl had taken a few steps toward Erin, and she looked at her now. "He took over Muryuu's body, but Muryuu is still in there. I know you're upset about what he's done, but don't take it out on Muryuu." She didn't know if that would be enough to calm the fierce warrior, Ninoya couldn't even imagine what it would be like from her angle.

"I think you're Ryuuchi. But, you say you are not?" Ninoya was going to play along with his game. What else could she do? "But, you also say you are? Who are you really, and does all this mean? You taking over Muryuu, all these experiments you've done, your sudden interest in me... what does it all mean?" Ninoya found herself incredibly bewildered and felt very much caught in the middle of something way bigger than herself.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 pm

"You're a clever girl, Ninoya..."

He stood up while cracking he knuckles, an old habit, and made his way to one of the still upright shelves with weapons, leaning his back against it and looking at the two women from top to bottom. Erin on the other hand was doing her best to both not lunge at him due to Ninoya's words and avoid looking at her dead husband as she knew the sight of his corpse would make her ignore Ninoya's request.

"First, let me explain something. If a souls is completely split into pieces a new entity is born, it's as simple as that. Souls, feelings, knowledge, memories are often linked so its all transferred along with the new soul, thus why the new entity is often a carbon copy of the original. Thing is, the most minor of events can change all that."

Ryuuchi was never an expert when it came to matters of the soul, all he knew he had learned from two different clans that dealt with souls as their bloodline limit. Careful study of these clan's abilities and techniques allowed him to create one for himself, a technique that allowed one to split a soul, or part of it, from a body and into the next. Normally the souls would battle for dominance within the new host's body but that would not be productive for him...if his soul destroyed hers and took over then there would be changes to Ninoya's body and that was the last thing he wanted.

"Ryuuchi, the original if you will, placed me inside you to mold you. My job was to burrow into your mind, take your memories, twist your thoughts and break you...eventually molding you into someone that he could use to your full potential as he pleased. But being inside someone's head, being linked to another person like that often leads to changes and after taking in what you gave up in exchange for Muryuu...I...let's just say I kind of got bored of following a master plan that isn't even mine. So I figured that a change of plans was in order..."

Being a big chakra eating black dragon and somewhat of a mad scientist makes people forget something very important about Ryuuchi, he's kind of a genjutsu master, always has been, even before discovering his draconic nature or his ability to mold bodies as he pleased. Using minor genjutsus here and there through the day, borrowing chakra for those same genjutsu from the victims, it was child's play for him. Bofoy's sudden outburst toward Muryuu, the dragon boy's change in mindset, Erin unusual welcome of two strangers into her life long plans...all done with a little twist and turning of the mind at key points. Subtle but effective.

"As for what he wants...well...let me put it into the simplest way I can: Ryuuchi is lonely."

He paused to look at Erin's confused expression. He knew that the woman knew Ryuuchi as nothing but a ball of insanity and she would be quite right...but even the crazy ones get lonely, especially when they feel that all they had was taken away from them.

"Taichi, that explosion nutjob you just saw is a prototype...a test subject. Ryuuchi's goal is to change the world, change the order of things, the food chain, who or what is in control. First comes the dirt, then the worms inside of the dirt, critters, animals, humans and then dragons...he simply wants to fit in a couple other levels, the Nephilim and the Kirinketsu."

Two freaks of his own creation! The Nephilim were his original elites, what he perceived as the final and perfect evolution of humankind, destined to be on top one day...well, under him of course.
And the Kirinketsu? Well they were natural beings, he was one from birth but the black dragons were near extinction. Ryuuchi knew that the number of fullblooded, natural born Kirinketsu was edging dangerously low levels and the continuation of the race, a race that even dragons knew were above them, was in danger. So he began creating them, humans...there's plenty of them so why no change a few and balance things out?

"Make something at the very top of the food chain, unrivaled by those bellow, an apex predator! And then nature takes over, bye bye humans and dragons...let the freaks rule the world."

He stopped and took a couple of steps toward Ninoya, prompting Erin to take a step between them as lightning crackled out of her hand, just begging for him to make a wrong move. Ryuuchi stopped and sighed at Erin's reaction.

"And you Ninoya, you're very important. Remember when I said Taichi had a high compatibility? Well his guess is that yours would be even higher and all from just a little taste of your chakra. You'd be surprised what you can find out from eating someone's chakra. I won't sugarcoat it, if he catches you...he will break you...he will change you...and if the results are what he's hoping for...he will use you, because every species needs mothers."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Ninoya's expression did not change. She continued to look pissed. As Ryuuchi, or whoever this wannabe really was, continued to speak Ninoya only had to choke back her anger further. Talk of souls only made the archer more concerned for her friend. Would Muryuu be okay after this? Would he come out all right? She worried his own soul would be altered by Ryuuchi's.

"I'm not some damn puppet." She barked, hearing what the "original" Ryuuchi had in store for her. "My memories aren't--" Ninoya paused, glancing away briefly. She couldn't even remember what it was she had lost. There was a big gap in her memory... damn it what was it? She knew it before, more now... "They're not something for you, for Ryuuchi, to just pull out!" Useless to even say that, but she had to voice what she was feeling. It was as if what made Ninoya Ninoya didn't matter at all. How could someone think that way?

Then, in the midst of the Ryuuchi-double's speech, she heard it. Mother. That's what it was. Looking at the younger, albeit fake, Ryuuchi, Ninoya had a fierceness about her. "Well you know what, screw him! Screw his plans! He doesn't have a hope of changing me." Her boney finger tapped against her chest. "The Nephilim, the Krinketsu, and whatever else Ryuuchi sets out into the world, I'll destroy them! If that bastard thinks I am something he can just mindlessly set his sights on, that I am some goal to achieve, he will be sorely mistaken! He's the one that needs to be worried if he 'catches' me." A twitch of her lips revealed her clenched teeth.

"And what about you? You seem keen on ignoring Ryuuchi's orders. What are you planning to do? Muryuu's body isn't an open hotel room for you to hang around on." She paused. "Better yet, what can you do to fix this?]" Her finger tapped against her head now. She, of course, spoke of the memory loss she had suffered. With how complex memories were, she had a feeling it might be impossible.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:13 pm

His hand moved under his own chin at the mention of doing something to fix her lost memories. Restoring memories depended on both how they were extracted and on well preserved they are. In the case of sealed memories the task is simple enough as all that is required is to break the seal that is locking them away. If, however, memories are truly wiped clean from someone's mind then the getting them back is a task close to impossible as there is nothing to bring back in the first place. Ninoya's case is a mix of both, he memories were removed from her mind without a track...but they were sealed into his mind instead and to transfer them back...

"Impossible..."

He said, making a pause and then looking Ninoya dead in the eye.

"At least with my current level of power it is impossible to get your memories back. But there is another way...if I take over my original body and become the dominant soul then getting your memories back would be incredibly simple."

Erin, who had remained oddly quiet for a while now, finally stepped up and pointed the tip of her blade at his face, crackling with electricity that almost jumped out to him like a leashed dog.

"Bull shit! We can't trust a word you're saying."

Needless to say that Erin did not believe the man before her, the man that looked exactly like a younger version of the one that had imprisoned her, experimented on her and turned her into a slave years before. Despite the difference in age, it was still the same in her eyes, he carried the same grin and the same glare, the very same features she once tricked her mind into thinking were perfect like every other slave under the power of his ultimate seal of obedience. But they were also the same features that she loathed from the moment the seal was broken.

"Ninoya, we have to kill him. I'm sorry for your friend but we can't let this thing live and wait for it to trick us and stab us in the back. That's what he does! He [badword] with us, messes with our minds and makes us play his little games for his own amusement. He's lying and I'm going to shove my sword right through his throat."

She bent her arm and got into position to strike but he opened his mouth and dropped his arms.

"You're irrational right now...understandable under the circumstances..."

And then he did something that surprised even Erin, he moved to her sword and placed his neck right on the tip of the blade, the metal digging just enough to bring out a thin line of blood.

"I don't particularly care if you believe me or not...but regardless of how truthful my words are, I'm still you best shot at not just taking down Ryuuchi but also getting her memories back..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Ninoya's face twitched at the word 'impossible'. A flurry of hot panic came over her as she thought about what life would be like without remembering anything about her mother. If Ninoya hadn't known any better, she would have thought that her mother didn't exist at all. There was a feeling in her heart that told her otherwise, though.

"Is that even possible?" The huntress ignored Erin's first outburst. "You're just a fraction of Ryuuchi. A warped fraction, okay, but still just a fraction." Her tone was stern, but she wasn't necessarily angry with the Ryuuchi clone. Sure, he had been the one to rip away a piece of her memory, but it became clear that as time progressed and the more he interacted with other people, the more he changed. Ninoya saw this.

There was one mistake Ryuuchi made when he siphoned off a piece of his soul into Ninoya... Ninoya was an incredibly strong young lady. Rather than the piece of Ryuuchi changing Ninoya, she changed him. Every time she thought about that, it gave her a burst of adrenaline. Whether or not it was technically true.

"Erin!" Ninoya had actually finished off a hand seal before stopping, along with Erin, as the duo looked at the trickle of blood climbing down the young man's neck. The archer was actually going to attack Erin, someone who clearly outclassed her, to keep Muryuu safe.

"He's right, Erin." Ninoya placed a hand on the taller woman's shoulder in order to ground her, and to get her proper attention. "He may be a part of Ryuuchi, but he's not him. Not really. You and Muryuu and have both been altered by Ryuuchi, but it's only made you a better person. Not a worse. He may not admit it, but I think this... man before us is feeling it too." Or maybe he really did have his own hidden agenda. Whatever the case, they needed him.

Turning to the man again, Ninoya let out a sigh. "But we can't possibly fight Ryuuchi now. Hell, we don't even know where he is." As far as she knew, anyway. But either way they weren't strong enough. "Is there anyway you can hop out of Muryuu? Occupy his sword, maybe? Or... if you need to..." She didn't like the idea, but it seemed exposure to her mind and soul positively affected him. "Back into my head."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Neither he nor Erin actually expected Ninoya of going as far as to prepare a serious attack against the woman with the sword to the red haired's neck, but the combination of that, her words and the hand on the shoulder made Erin begrudgingly comply, lower her sword and take a few steps back. She agreed to not kill him, at least while he was useful, but she didn't want to be anywhere near him for as long as humanly possible.
He on the other hand released a sigh of relief and turned to Ninoya, already thinking of what to say regarding her first question...which he would have answered had Erin not put a piece of sharp steel to his neck.

"It's not impossible. A battle for dominance is complicated when it comes to souls...the size of the souls, be they complete or fragments, isn't nearly as important as other factors. Not saying it'll be easy but with enough preparation I can manage it."

It was actually true, the size of the soul played a small part of the battle while things like memories, experiences, emotions and so on play a much larger role. We're talking of a battle within one's mind, it's in no way related to the person's physical prowess but rather his psychological fortitude. So in theory an S-rank ninja with enough power to destroy the world would not necessarily be able crush a fresh out of the academy genin simply because he's physically stronger. Then again a young mind like that would likely be far outclassed by someone older and more experienced. Not only that but interactions with others and bonds also create powerful weapons in battles such as this.

"But I will say this, Erin...the little plan you had with the four of you taking down Ryuuchi...that was nothing but an elaborate suicide. You knew full well that you'd all get killed in matter of seconds against him but you were still going to throw the kids into the lion pit."

His words made Erin react by tightly gripping her sword handle and shooting him a glare. In response he raised a hand to Ninoya, telling her that it was ok and took a step forward.

"Oh damn...you knew didn't you?"

He cocked his head and let out a chuckle when he noticed her reaction to his words, he could tell from her expression that she was surprised at his words but at the same time saw a glimpse of guilt in her eyes. His hands moved behind his back in a rather relax posture.

"What are you talking about?"

Her eyes shifted from him to Ninoya and immediately she looked away when she met the girl's gaze, her left hand moving to grip her right elbow.

"With the dragonslaying seals..."

He cut her off while taking another step forward.

"Bullshit, you wouldn't even get close enough to use them...and you know that too. They were bait, right?"

A reaction, a quick glance from her and a harder grip on the sword.

"I knew we shouldn't trust you...Ninoya! He's already spouting venom! Let's end him while he's weak!"

Anger, she shouted while finally looking Ninoya in the eye, but carrying worry in her eyes that was masked with fury.

"OH!? Not bait? An offering then?"

And there it was, her eyes widened and her sword rose in a decisive strike to his heart. But he acted first, it was that moment he was waiting for all along.
The sword struck his right shoulder and broke to pieces upon impact against the black scales, in her sudden rush she had neglected to add any lightning technique to enhance the sword's cutting power. His right palm made it's way to her forehead, within it was a seal he carved out with his nail this whole time.

"Ninoya...this is how you win a battle of souls."

He shouted as both their eyes and mouths began releasing a powerful light, his was red while Erin's was violet. After a second or two the violet light began to fade and the red started taking over, becoming stronger and replacing the light coming out of Erin...until it was all red.
His body turned black, scales all around it that began to shift and leave the host body behind, returning to their former form of the large black sword on the ground next to Muryuu. The light suddenly faded and Muryuu dropped to the ground, right next to his sword, unconscious. Erin took a step back and gripped her head with both hands, gasping for air as if she had been under water for too long. But then she looked up, straight at Ninoya, revealing her red eyes and a grin.

"I won...but damn is she messed up in the head..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 pm

"What?" It was a pretty common question that came out of Nnoya's mouth and rang in her mind. What started with simply hunting a dragon turned into a battle of souls and a fight against an ultimate evil. Or maybe just an ultimate insanity. The archer was thrown into the whirlwind of it all and couldn't much but stand at the wayside and try and make some sort of contribution, make her own path.

Ninoya was stuck between sides as both the Ryuuchi clone and Erin shouted. One had planned to use Ninoya bait and the other had some intentions unknown. God, where was Muryuu when she needed him?

"Erin, no!" Was all Ninoya managed to do in response to the woman attacking the vessel that held her friend. Even though Erin's ends did not exactly justify her means of slaying Ryuuchi, Ninoya didn't agree with the Ryuuchi clone's method of handling the situation. As far as Ninoya could see, Erin was still a perfectly salvageable ally.

Falling onto her knees whilst she slid to Muryuu, Ninoya wasted no time checking for a pulse. Unconscious, but alive. She wondered if there had would be any lasting consequences.

"So, what, is she dead now?" If that's all it took to combat someone for their body, Ninoya wondered if their expedition to kill the real Ryuuchi would be easier than she thought. "Simple as that? With her body in the less capable state it's in, you really went a step down in your abilities haven't you?" That black sword seemed to hold some key to increasing the Ryuuchi clone's abilities, but it might have been likely it wasn't compatible.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 pm

"Simple as that? Damn girl...you have no idea how hard that shit was..."

He blurted it out before he even realized it, Erin's voice coming out in an unnatural speech pattern that was completely different than the way she had spoken to Muryuu and Ninoya since the moment they met. It was actually quite strange since unlike with Muryuu and the sword, he didn't change his form to match the internal visualization of himself so standing before Ninoya and Muryuu was the same Erin as before, only with a different speech and behavior.

"She put up a ridiculous fight even though I managed to catch her off-guard. I won though...don't worry, she's asleep until I stop needing her body."

He explained...completely lying to Ninoya's face. While it was true that Erin put up a beastly fight inside their minds, Erin's defeat did not result in her being put to sleep lie what had happened to Muryuu but their souls ended up mixing instead, with his soul remaining the dominant one. What this meant was that Erin was effectively dead, however he acquired all her thoughts and memories, she became part of him. In a battle of dominance between souls, the winning one absorbs to other...you keep what you kill. However, Ninoya didn't need to know that.

"Actually this body is better in many ways. I can't use either of my bloodlines nor my dragon chakra. However..."

He lifted his hand between them and sparks flew between the fingers for a second.

"...in this body I can use my favorite element, with the added bonus of having more chakra than Muryuu. Also, the healing ability and other modifications I made to her makes up for her lack of defense. Plus...just look at these babies!"

A wide toothy grin formed on his now rosy lips and his hands moved to the breasts on the chest, copping a feel of the moderately sized chest while releasing a chuckle.

"Which I will clearly only use for...research purposes."

Not an ounce of honesty on his face, not that he was trying to hide it like before.
Meanwhile, sleeping beauty began to move and release a groan. Muryuu began to wake up with a horrible headache, he was still a bit out of it as he began to open his eyes, his vision being quite blurry and unfocused.
Erin's body moved, placing a finger on the lips and giving Ninoya a wink.

"Let's not tell him more than he needs to know shall we, hun?"

Implying that it would not be necessary to tell him that part of his father's soul not only possessed his body but also took over Erin's. Knowing the kid, which he did now after being inside his mind even if just for a short while, he'd likely freak out and refuse any help or plan he would bring to the table, if not just outright attack immediately as he was less rational than even Erin when it came to his father.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 pm

"Just sleeping?" It was a rather violent display that the Ryuuchi clone had put on when he possessed Erin. But, Ninoya ultimately believed him. She herself had been fine after he had left her conscious. Muryuu was okay too, and literally sleeping. Ninoya put the thought on the back burner for now.

Ninoya groaned, rolling her eyes at the objectifying comment. "Wait until you get cramps. Then we can talk about how 'fun' it all is." She snapped. While it wasn't really Ryuuchi in front of her, she still felt her stomach turn a bit at the thought of the perverted bastard kissing her.

Eyes moving from the slowly waking Muryuu, her fiery gaze was directed toward Erin. Ryuuchi clone. Whatever. For all Ninoya knew, it wouldn't be long before being in Erin's presence changed the fractured soul once more. For the better, hopefully. "He needs to know all of this." Brow furrowing, Ninoya was genuinely upset that he wanted to hide this information from Muryuu. "The last thing I'm going to do is keep secrets from Muryuu. He might be upset, but he's just going to have to deal." She was confident that she could talk Muryuu out of assaulting the possessed Erin. After waking in the mansion, Ninoya felt a bit of a distance with Muryuu. It seemed he had just been pissed and angry the whole time. Not that she could blame him. "But if you're afraid of him..." She lead on, knowing that this might a potential red button that she was pressing. "...you might want to head out. Muryuu attacking you is a risk I'm willing to take. If we're all going to be working together, there will be no secrets." Little did she know, secrets were already being kept. "If you want to scurry, I'm guessing you'll have ways of contacting me." One hand tugged on her scale necklace.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:12 pm

"You really are a stubborn little...fine..."

He stopped himself before going further, the time he had spent inside Ninoya's head, flipping through her memories and thoughts like an open book allowed him to gain a lot more insight on her than one normally would, in a way it felt like he knew the girl for many years, since her earliest memories even, so he knew just how stubborn she could get about things and that there was really no point in pushing. As Muryuu began to wake up from his daze, he placed his hands together, forming a quick set of handseals which was immediately followed by lightning surrounding his body like a cloak of storms, he didn't want to be there when Muryuu came too and learned about everything that had happened.

"Two things, what you need to do first and foremost if find Yuuko's siblings, they are the key to take Ryuuchi down."

He said while pointing toward Muryuu with a lightning covered finger. The plan was simple on paper, but a lot harder in reality. Fighting Ryuuchi in their current state would be suicide, there was no way any of them would be able to get close to the psychopath much less take him down for good. Even he, a part of Ryuuchi himself, was still no match for the original but if he were to increase his power, at least when it came to his own soul, then the chances of success would improve greatly.
In truth, Ryuuchi's children were not the key...but rather their memories were.

"Secondly, I don't like the name he gave himself...so call me Tatsuo."

Ninoya wouldn't know its meaning, only three people alive knew the truth behind that name and he didn't remember two of them even knowing thanks to his missing memories, but Tatsuo...that name was very special to Ryuuchi and since he was still a fragment of the man, it was special to him as well.
Tatsuo's hands came together and there was a blinding flash of light, it only lasted but a second but by the time it faded, Tatsuo was no longer there.

The flash of light stunned Muryuu for a moment, his arms quickly moving up to cover his eyes, shutting his eyelids as hard as he could and in that moment, he remembered the last thing he saw before blacking out, the man calling himself Taichi, the unnatural dragon-man attacking Ninoya. It was like a sudden rush of adrenaline came over him, his body pushed off the ground and he jumped back, his arms turning black and his fingers ending in sharp claws for both a weapon and shield.

"Ninoya! Where is he?"

He shouted, looking around the place for the enemy.

Ryuuchi

PreviousNext

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::