The Black Party [Oddric]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

The Black Party [Oddric]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 pm

His eyes were unfocused and unsteady, he could see her silhouette and long red hair standing right in front of him but her face was impossible to see. He wanted to see what kind of expression she was making at that very moment, if she was smiling or crying, happy or sad, angry or calm...whatever her expression could tell him, he just hoped she was showing any emotions at all, that she wasn't doing with while remaining completely emotionless because what she was doing was something he never expected from her. It only took a short glance downward to see the black sword between them, the black blade entering his stomach, the very same weapon she held in her hands and the next moment yanked out with all her might, letting large quantities of his red blood gush down to the floor. His knees gave out and he dropped back, the wall catching his fall before he started sliding down to a sitting position, he no longer had any energy in his body to move or speak, he couldn't do anything but watch as she walked away with a fine black and red sword in her hands.

Muryuu suddenly woke up, immediately wrapping his arms around the stomach as he sat up on the large bed, cold sweats ran down his back and his lungs craved oxygen like he had been running for hours. He suddenly felt pain in his eyes prompting him to closing them, the light from the window to his right was too strong for eyes adjusted to darkness but soon they would get used to it...

Bed?
Light?
Window?

Even though his eyes had yet to adjust properly he couldn't help but open them again to take a rushed look at his surroundings and what he saw amazed me almost as much as the strange dream he had just seen. Muryuu's last memories were of his father arrival, of them fighting, his almost instant defeat, Ninoya threatening the red haired man and then everything went black, yet when he woke up he found himself inside a very luxurious room, laying on a king sized bed while warm light and the sound of birds chirping filled the room. The room had a heavy Victorian feel to it, though a style he had never seen or heard about making it all just seem strange but that was secondary to the bewilderment of finding himself not in dead or imprisoned in some cage but in a rather comfortable room.

Quickly he got to his feet, leaving the bed and taking a look around the place. It all seemed so expensive and fancy, from the bed to the large chandelier over his head, even the large mirror to one side of the room had a golden frame with various fancy designs. Once his eyes landed on his own image in the mirror he finally saw it, the large scar that ran vertically right through the center of his stomach. Flashes of the dream he had just seen played in his head as he saw how the scar fitted perfectly with the size of the sword Ninoya killed him with and it was perfectly placed in the same spot as the stab.

But he wasn't given enough time to think about it as there was a knock on the door. Muryuu wasted no time jumping behind the bed, getting into a crouching position and making his arm turn black and scaly. The sound of knocking filled the room two and three more times and after obtaining no response he saw the door knob slowly turning and the door opening. From the door came in a man in what looked to be his late 50's wearing a fancy black and white suit and carrying what seemed like various pieces of clothing. Muryuu refrained from attacking immediately but he didn't let down his guard, however the man's words surprised him once he was spotted.

"I see that you are indeed awake, young master. Please do answer when someone knocks."

The man didn't seem to care about the fact that he was in a clearly aggressive fighting position, ready to attack him at any moment with his black claw and made his way to a chair by the large window, placing the clothes on it and turning to Muryuu with a bow.

"Please do get dressed, it would be impolite to meet the Master wearing nothing but those pajama pants."

Muryuu hadn't even noticed that he was wearing nothing but a pair of green pajama pants, last he remembered he was wearing his usual gear but suddenly waking up in other clothing felt...odd.

"Who are you? Where am I? What happened? Where's Ninoya?"

Muryuu barked the questions at the man yet the man simply made a second bow and replied with an unsatisfactory answer.

"Please, do get dressed. Your answers will be given to you by the Master momentarily."

The old man's answer made him frown and close his fist tightly, he had started to think about what the best course of action would be. He could beat the man until he received the answers, he could destroy the window and leave through there, he could run to the hallway and try to gather more information about the place or...he could follow the old man's instructions and get dressed. For some reason he found himself obeying the request quite easily, by the time he realized it he was already grabbing the clothes and putting them on. When he finished the man pulled the mirror from before closer so he could see himself and what he saw was a white haired, red eyed young man in a fancy black dress.

"This way please, we shall be collecting the young lady next."

When the man spoke of a young lady his mind instantly jumped to Ninoya, if what he said was true and it really was her then it only made sense to follow him there, it made perfect sense, it was the only option that made sense. The only one.

Minutes later the man knocked on another large door, this time calling out to see if the "young lady" was awake and ready.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

Re: The Black Party [Oddric]

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Looking down, Muyruu's white hair blocked Ninoya of seeing any expression on his face. Upset, furious, defeated... the girl couldn't tell. As she plunged the black sword into his gut, she couldn't tell. All the while, she felt empty. There was nothing in her. Whatever she was doing, whatever she had become, she didn't care. Soulless, almost. The ultimate hunter. Pulling the sword from his stomach, she glanced at the crimson that stained it. Then, turning on her heel, she left the dragon hybrid to die.

Gasping, Ninoya sat up in her bed. She ran a hair through her knotted hair, her eyes looking at the sheets. It was just a dream. She didn't actually kill Muryuu. Right? As she brought her hands down to idly rub the sheets of the bed as she thought about the nightmare she had... it suddenly clicked in her head.

"What the hell? What the hell?!"

Throwing off the sheets, she was in a blue gown. Electric blue, in fact. Leaping off the bed, she approached a mirror. "What am I wearing? What... Muryuu! Muryuu?!" Turning, she remembered what had happened moments before blacking out. Ryuuchi, trying to defend Muryuu, then the ink tattoo...

She pulled one of her straps off, checking the state of her Inkling Tattoo. It had gone back to normal size. No sign of ink poisoning either. Then, the last memory came to her, Ryuuchi's kiss and a strange feeling that flowed out of her body before she fainted... did he... remove the poison? Wait. He kissed her!!

Spitting on the floor, she ran for the bathroom in her room. This place was nice. Gargling, she spit the tap water into the ivory sink. "That's so gross." She scowled, looking at her face in the mirror.

Where were they? Did Ryuuchi kidnap them and bring them to a mansion of his? Or maybe... "...Am I dead?" She couldn't imagine why Ryuuchi would keep them alive after his vicious attack. Well... he would be that sort of a sick fuc.k. Make them afraid for all their days, that he would pop back at any moment.

There was a knock at the door, and a request for a "young lady".

"What? Hello?" She called out, not recognizing the voice as she left the bathroom. Ninoya approached the door, hand stopping by the handle. What if it was Ryuuchi beyond the door? What if this was some sort of game to him? Pressing a stern hand against the door, she rolled her eyes. What good would blocking a door do? "Who is it? What do you want? I expect answers before I open this damn door!" Feisty as usual.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 pm

The clothes didn't feel right at all, true that they were quite fancy yet still soft and comfortable but wearing those clothes just did not feel natural for Muryuu. To be honest he had grown used to his own worn-down clothes, a couple of sets that didn't really vary much from each other, lacked any form of style and who's only purpose was to cover himself properly as to not be bothered when he went back to civilization. He had those clothes for a long time, years even and where they were once loose, now they had become a better fit and he grew so used to them that they were pretty much the same as fur is to an animal. Unlike his father and other members of his clan, he didn't like making his own clothing out of his scales, even if they provided an invaluable defense it just didn't feel natural, to wear his own black scales like that.

But now he was stuck wearing black clothing, truth be told the thought of where his beloved clothes were was beyond him at that point as there were things far more important but the unnatural feeling he got from wearing a black suit, no matter how fancy it was, kept making him twitchy, adjusting the bow once or twice within a minute, checking the cufflinks, buttoning and unbuttoning the top button and so on. He liked his clothes, not what he was wearing.

"Young lady, I promise that everything will be explained by the Master. For now would you plea..."

The man was interrupted by Muryuu who stepped forward and placed his hand on the door at around the spot his heard the sound coming from. For some reason hearing Ninoya's voice made him feel at ease like nothing else had in a long time, the fact that she was talking and well enough to be cautious like usual just made him feel an extreme relief.

"Ninoya, it's me..."

However it wasn't all good, for some reason ever since he first heard her voice the scar on his stomach began to tingle at first and then there was a light burning sensation for a few seconds. For a moment flashes of the dream he had seen prior to waking up came to his mind, though they were quick flashes devoid of any details they still helped him remember the dream. He ignored them and continued.

"I don't know what's going on either, but this old man says we'll be told everything if we follow him and I think it's the best choice. Could you please get dressed, get ready and come out?"

It felt strange saying that it was the best choice, normally blowing a whole in the wall and running as fast as he could would be the main and only real option in his head but for some reason he felt that getting the answers from this "master" was the right thing to do.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:37 am

"Muryuu?" She asked, after the second voice intruded on the first. The second voice, of course, being Muryuu's.

It was a strange situation that they had found themselves in. In fact, Ninoya was surprised to find Muryuu here at all. The dream she had where she ended Muryuu's life was quite lucid... but it had only been a dream. If anything, she had stumbled upon a new dream. Every circumstance here was bizarre, and she knew it was only about to get more so.

"So we're just going to do whatever this old man asks?" Ninoya was pretty opposed to the idea. "Aren't you a bit concerned as to who this 'Master' is? Especially given where we were before blacking out?" She was referring to, of course, Ryuuchi.

An audible sigh came from Ninoya's side of the door, a hand on her pale face as she shook her head. "Just give me a minute." When it came down to it, the duo didn't have much choice. They didn't have to fight, and given the powerful opponent Ryuuchi was, they definitely didn't want to.

A couple minutes passed before Ninoya opened the wooden door, a black dress replacing her night gown. She might have done up her hair or put on makeup if she cared and wasn't currently being held captive. There were no chains, or cuffs, or locked cells... but this was definitely captivity.

"Okay." Her green eyes jumped from Muryuu to the old man who he had mentioned. "Lead the way, I guess."

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 pm

What she said was true, everything she said was true and just following the old man and this "master" seemed illogical at some level, however Muryuu himself realized that the situation wasn't favorable in the least. Attempting to run away was indeed an option as was beating the old man into submitting to gain some answers, these were some of the many options they had at their disposal, but having multiple options doesn't mean that one can choose recklessly. If they were indeed captured and being held captive by his father, which was the most logical conclusion, then picking an option where they don't follow his orders could lead to disastrous conclusions considering how much more powerful, unpredictable and unstable he was.

Muryuu didn't admit it but Ninoya looked quite nice in that black dress, even though he hated wearing black, he always like seeing women in black specially a woman like Ninoya who looked beautiful even without any effort in "dolling" herself up to match the stunning dress. For a moment he felt like commenting that she looked nice, in part because it was true and in part just to mess with her but taking a double-take at the situation helped him hold his tongue.

"Follow me, please."

The old man said after making a bow toward Ninoya and started leading the two trough a few more long hallways.
After a couple of minutes of walking they finally arrived at a pair of large wooden doors adorned with golden markings, over the doors was a solid gold sign written in fancy letters that spelled "Great Hall". The old man casually walked toward the doors and opened them both at the same time revealing the inside. The hall was enormous with a ceiling nearly three stories high and spacious that it could easily accommodate several hundreds of people, however aside from bookshelves lining two of the walls, large windows lining the other two and a ridiculously long and old table dead at the center, the hall was practically empty.

"Where's this 'Master' then?"

Muryuu turned to the man that remained at the door but instead of receiving the answer he wanted, the man simply instructed them further.

"Please sit down anywhere you please, the Master will be here very shortly."

He said nothing else, he simply stood there waiting for them to move. Muryuu complied, there wasn't any reason not to anyway, and made his way toward a chair on the right side of the table facing one of the large windows then signaled Ninoya to sit next to him. The position wasn't random, since they would be facing the window then they would be able to see if anything came from it and in case something happened they would also be capable of charging to it quickly by going over the table.

Silence settled in the large hall, the old man simply stood by the doors in a very rigid stance without saying a word until suddenly, a couple of minutes after they sat down, the old man makes a short bow.

"Welcome back, sir. You're guests await you."

He spoke just as a man came into view...and he was not what Muryuu was expecting. Through the door entered a man, a very very big and intimidating man, standing over 7 feet tall with a bald head, face full of scars and an overly manly beard. He wore what seemed to be some kind of armor made of bone, fang and leather and carried a giant two headed axe on his back along with several daggers and short swords scattered all over his body. Immediately a certain scent reached Muryuu making him stand up and tense his muscles, he didn't smell like his father, not even close but he did carry a powerful scent of dragon blood about him to a point where it felt somewhat unsettling. The man on the other hand ignored Muryuu's sudden reaction and slammed his palm on the table, making it shake and creak, while turning to the old butler.

"For the f.uckin' love of...Bloody hell Yamamoto! Why's there no food on the f.uckin' table!? I'm f.uckin' starvin' and they must be too!"

The man's way of speaking was incredibly crass and rude, somewhat matching his looks, yet the old man made another bow and responded in a very polite manner.

"My apologies, I felt that the best option was to await your arrival first."

The man released a sigh and made his way to the top of the long table where a larger chair was visible, his placed the large axe leaning against the table and pushed the chair back.

"F.uckin' hell old man! All these years and yer still forgettin' to bring me the f.uckin' food when I get home from a f.uckin' hunt!"

As the large man sat down, the other kept his bow and responded.

"I'll contact the chef right away, sir."

And with that he exited the room, leaving the three alone.
The large man took out one of his daggers and dropped his large muddy boots on the table while cleaning his dirty nails with the tip of the blade.

"So boyo, lass! Did you sleep well? That was quite the f.uckin' mess yer kids were in."

Muryuu shouted immediately, not able to contain himself.

"Who are you? Where are we? And how did we get here?"

Three simple questions but the ones he wanted answered the most. Muryuu didn't know why exactly but seeing the man instead of his father gave off an odd feeling, he was expecting the black dragon that knocked them out and took the both of them but instead he found a large crude man clad in armor and covered in the smell of dragon blood. It didn't make sense.

"Hold yer f.uckin' horses boyo, the name's Bofoy, this is my home. And yer here because I saved yer sorry f.uckin' arses from that big f.uckin' black lizard two days ago."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Raising an eyebrow at the elderly man as he bowed, she did as he requested and followed him. Without even speaking to Muryuu, she could tell he disliked the situation as much as she did. They were both alive, which she was grateful for. The way that Ryuuchi tossed Muryuu about made it seem as if his death was top priority. But in reality, maybe he just really liked playing with his toys. Is that all they were to him, toys?

"I'm skewering him the first chance I get." The archer murmured to her partner as they followed behind the butler. "My chakra reserves are back at full. Or, I think so, anyway." She looked to her hands, clenching and then releasing them. "I say we go at him full force. I didn't plan on killing a second dragon, but he made the mistake of making me wear a dress." Ninoya scowled, attempting to make light of the situation for Muryuu's sake. He was definitely more upset than she was about all this.

Green eyes looking over his black attire, she scoffed. "Nice suit." A hint of sarcasm.

Large doors opened by the old man, a larger room within was revealed. It reminded Ninoya of the various Yuki Balls that have taken place over the past decade. Though... this was a bit more elegant. And just as promising for disaster.

Ninoya rolled her eyes as the butler's avoidance of her partner's question. She was already on her way to sit next to Muryuu when he signaled her over. The big window was a good a spot as any for a getaway, and to see if anything was approaching. Rather than watch the window, though, Ninoya looked at the abundance of books along the shelves. She had taken a liking to reading. But given the state of the Snow Country, and her duties in White Ops, she didn't have much time for scholarly activities.

Shifting, Ninoya blatantly stared at the large man as he stomped into the room. She glanced at Muryuu, nervous about how he stirred in his seat after his nostrils flared. This wasn't Ryuuchi, but Muryuu must smell something off about the man. Something more to do with dragons?

The young woman twitched as the bearded man shouted at them. She wasn't quite used to the volume the man spoke at it. She felt as if she should gain a hundred meters distance from him to make his voice at an appropriate volume. "What are you saying?" Brow furrowing, she looked the man over. Surely he hadn't rescued them from Ryuuchi.

"Bofoy," Ninoya began, leaning toward the larger man. "I don't believe you." She went straight to the point. "That black 'lizard' was the strongest entity I have ever come across. And I have seen some big dragons. Either you're lying, or that black beast let you off easy. I'm guessing you don't have its head. That thing is going to come back for you." Maybe she spoke out of turn, but this was a very serious manner. Muryuu could probably back her up on this.

She grabbed the black cloth that fit tightly to her. "And what's with the black get ups?" Her pupils danced about the man again. Why wasn't he garbed in black? A lot of things bothered her about the situation. A lot.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:32 pm

"When did I ever say that I killed the f.uckin' thing? The one time I killed one of them black winged f.uckers I had to prepare fer 3 weeks and it still killed my partner! I ain't stupid, lass!"

The words were accompanied by the sound of the knife he held in his hand sinking deep into the wood of the table under his feet, the metal blade sinking so deep that the only visible part of the hunting knife was the hilt. He didn't look to pleased with speaking those words, in his head he was recollecting the incident which was all too clear. The sight of his brother-in-arms, a man he considered family being struck down by the giant black monster and the blood on his axe once he struck down the final blow that finally killed and decapitated the beast were two scenes he often replayed in his mind...even if he didn't want to.

"What happened then?"

Muryuu noticed the change in the man's eyes, he looked mean and angry from the get-go but for a few moments his rising anger was replaced but a hint of sadness though it didn't last long for the man returned to a powerful glare straight at Muryuu. He took his feet off the table and bent forward in his seat as he opened his big mouth again.

"What the f.uck do yah mean what happened? I went to kill this wee baby dragon that was messing with a village but when I got there it was in pieces and some f.ucker had his hand on yer throat, lass. I was just gonna follow the man but he turned into a f.uckin' black dragon he did! Had no choice, hit him with my best shot and made a run fer it with you two."

The little dragon he mentioned was probably the same dragon that he and Ninoya had fought before his father's arrival, if what the man said was the truth then that particular young dragon seemed to have been of interest to quite a few people. However the rest of what the man said did not make any sense, even if he had attacked his father it was highly doubtful that a man like him would have been able to do any sort of real damage to Ryuuchi, he looked big and strong but even if he were to swing the large axe with all his strength it would still not be enough to put a dent in Ryuuchi's armor.

"You hit my d...you hit the dragon and it didn't come after you? He's way too strong to be stopped by something like your axe."

Not only was it a ridiculous notion that the man managed to hurt his father enough to make him drop the both of them but Ninoya was right, he would have quickly been hunted by Ryuuchi so the fact that they managed to stay alive and "safe" for so long in that place was also highly unlikely.

"That's why I didn't f.uckin' hit him with my axe boyo...I hit him with this."

And with one surprisingly fast and swift motion the man took the dagger out of the table and threw it toward Muryuu's head. The white haired teen's body reacted on instinct before his brain registered the action and he caught the blade with his hand already black but immediately after he did so the weapon began to glow green and a seal formed itself first over the hilt and then over Muryuu's chest, a seal that seemed to possess characters foreign to him. Muryuu's body suddenly lost all ability to move and he dropped to the ground, his knees hitting the marble floor and his face crashing against the table.

"What is this? I can't move!"

He shouted while his face pressed against the table.

"Nasty little trick ain't it? Only works on dragon blood but once yer caught yer won't be movin' till I hit you. But now I wanna ask somethin' boyo!"

The man shouted with a large grin on his face and got to his feet. One moment his hands were free and the next he had the axe in one hand and the table in the other, the very same table that a second after was sent flying to the other side of the room with little effort on the part of the man, a table that would have needed several grown man to even move. Due to the table being flung around Muryuu's head was flung back, making him crash against the chair behind him and sending both to the ground, still unable to move.

"What's a wee black dragon baby like you doin' here actin' like he's a f.uckin' person? And with a f.uckin' human girl fer a mate no less!"

He shouted again, sending spit through the air and aiming the axe at Muryuu. His eyes were locked on the both of them, showing a powerful and intimidating glare yet he didn't attack or even move. His free hand shot to his chest, crashing against the scale armor which Muryuu had already figured to being made from dragon scales and released a much more powerful shout which was almost akin to a roar.

"I am Lookemakar, Dragon Slayer, and I don't like it when you scaly shits pretend to be like us!"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:48 am

Leaning in her seat, Ninoya listened to the two men debate. Something was off, and Muryuu was catching on. How could this man have taken down something like Ryuuchi? More importantly, how has taken down so many dragons? Brute strength only goes so far.

"What?" The archer hissed, standing from her seat as she watched the seemingly harmless dagger glow and take over Muryuu's body. It was heavy fuuinjutsu. Or magic. Or maybe both. Whatever it was, it was a l.egit dragon slaying weapon. Ninoya needed it.

Turning to Muryuu, Ninoya backtracked. "A dragon? He's a dragon?" Playing an act, Ninoya's eyes moved to Lookemakar. "How can a dragon 'pretend' to be human? I have tussled with my fair share of dragons, Lookemakar. Hell, I killed that dragon you were originally hunting before you found us." She was attempting to appeal to Lookemakar for the moment. Impress him. He probably didn't think a girl was much of a hunter. "But if what you're saying about that dagger is true... I guess the bastard is nothing but a lizard."

Her green eyes examined the dagger that Muryuu still held. Or had lodged in his hand scales. "How does the dagger work, Lookemakar? Did you make it, or did you find it?" If it was possible to make such a blade, Ninoya had hope. This man was a fountain of information. "Can it penetrate the scales of any dragon? Could we use it to kill him?" That weapon was number one priority for Ninoya. She had a serious one track mind at times, and this one of them.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

The way the girl started to act surprised him almost as much as it surprised Muryuu. Ninoya's act was an obvious one to anyone that knew her and what they've been through together but the simple fact that she said those words and acted like he was an enemy hurt him a bit and made a knot on his stomach, for a second his instinct made him want to lash out at her but he held his tongue and instead gave off a glare at the both of them, half acting and half serious.

Bofoy on the other hand was surprised by both how she seemed to be unaware of Muryuu's draconic identity and at how much interest she instantly started showing when it came to the blade that had just caught and ensnared her companion. Bofoy was no idiot, even though he looked like a muscle head and a fowled mouth one at that, he was far smarter than people gave him credit not to mention that his intuition was abnormally closer to that of an animal's than a regular human.

"It's not about the f.uckin' dagger, it's the enchantment that matters you daft lass! You ninja folk call it seals I think."

He grinned as he spoke to her and casually made his way toward the downed Muryuu. Bofoy felt that there was no problem in giving her a bit of a treat as she seemed so interested in the enchantment placed on the blade, though he didn't give that much information regarding it as if hoping just the taste would be enough to get her hooked and see her real motives if she had any.
As the large man reached Muryuu he lowered his body and took the dagger from Muryuu's hand revealing that the weapon was no longer glowing and the etched seal on it had vanished.

"My kin made a few enchantments just fer huntin' f.uckin' lizards like this one. 'Bind' doesn't hurt but instead traps them."

"Bind" was a seal that worked as simply as it's name would imply. The seal placed upon an object normally remains dormant until it comes into contact with dragon scales where it will immediately activate and transfer itself from the object into the dragon it made contact with. Once the transfer is complete, which takes a few seconds longer the bigger the enemy, a layer is formed around the prey that prevents them from moving a muscle though external forces can still make it move. The problem however is that the shell is quite fragile from the outside and to cause damage to the dragon within, the attacker needs to break the shell therefore freeing the dragon from it's binding. Since it was designed to hunt dragons and only react to dragon scales the seal has no effect on any other living being.

"If you didn't know he was a lizard and hate them like I do, then you won't be mindin' if I kill it, right?"

He spoke while still giving her a large bearded grin, challenging a girl. As Bofoy spoke the last part of the sentence he lifted his large axe and in one fluid motion, as if chopping wood, he brought the blade down toward Muryuu's neck. Muryuu on the other hand glared at the man while his pink human skin shifted into black scales and hardened in response, putting his full trust on the strength of his scales.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Scowling, Ninoya bit her tongue as the large man both rudely yelled at her and then proceeded to explain more of the details about the dagger. It was obvious that he didn't do it himself, just his "kin". She would love to chat with them about the finer details. From what it seemed like, they were more the brains and Bofoy was the brawn. Did they all live in this mansion together? If Bofoy wasn't going to be threatening the life of her companion, she may have found a friendship with the man.

"Bind, eh?" She bit her rosy bottom lip, eyes glancing to Muryuu. Not to look at his downed state, but rather the dagger in his hand. If the girl had no real previous interaction with the man, she may have actually sided with Bofoy. A part of her wanted to. But she couldn't. Muryuu was no monster.

"You kill him?" Her green eyes glared as the ginger bearded man rose his axe. "What, a girl can't finish the job? Am I not a good hunter?" The archer was serious now, looking too deep into his words. Whatever the case, the dragon slayer brought down the axe to behead Ninoya's friend.

In a split second, Ninoya noted the black scales forming on Muryuu's neck. He knew how tough they were. Simple steel and a mighty swing was not going to penetrate it. In that same moment Ninoya noted the downward swing of the burly man, there was no way he was going to be able to stop the axe now. Full focus was on the half human half dragon.

Forming hand signs before the clash of scale and steel, lightning sparked about Ninoya's lower body. Specifically, her legs. Just as the axe met with Muryuu's guarded neck, Ninoya spun in the air as she cleared the short distance between herself and Lookemakar at a lightning quick speed. Then she unwound herself, one leg exploding out from her body to collide with the large man's waist. The swift and powerful impact was enough to launch Lookemakar from the dining table and into some of his, not doubt, precious items that decorated the wall quite a few meters off. Not enough to kill or terribly injure the man, but he would be sore the next day.

"I am Ninoya Shashu of Yukigakure. Dragon slayer and master hunter." And the girl who just kicked your ass. "But unlike you, I do not mindlessly hunt these beasts. Black dragon or not, this young man is not deserving of the death sentence you claimed him to. So yeah... I lied." She said, matter-of-factly.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm

"Now that was a f.uckin' good hit, lass. You got potential if you keep hittin' like that."

Bofoy had been knocked trough the air from Nonoya's charged kicked and crashed behind the knocked over table he had personally thrown a few moments before. However, despite the solid hit he took while be distracted with lopping the dragon boy's head off, Bofoy still got to his feet and stretched his arms and waist as if warming up for a fight rather than showing any sign of pain from the attack. He lifted his large axe and slammed the end of the handle on the ground, gripping the blade of the axe with his right hand. The large man's mouth opened to respond to the girl's statement but then he noticed something on his blade and his eyes sot immediately toward the still downed Muryuu. After a moment another grin slowly formed on his face and with his free hand he pointed in Muryuu's direction.

"You may want to have a look at yer friend, lass. He ain't doin' too good."

And he wasn't, both Muryuu and Ninoya had put too much trust in his scales and their protective capabilities...and it ended up costing him dearly.
Muryuu had already put his hands up to his neck, large quantities of blood already covered them, his neck, chest, face and the floor under him. Ninoya had rushed in hoping that Muryuu's scales would protect the blade long enough for her to land the attack, Muryuu covered his body in scales believing the an axe like that could not pierce his natural armor but they were dead wrong since neither of them knew about the axe's enchantment. Bofoy had mentioned that they had several seals, Bind was just one of them but the most dangerous one held another name and Bofoy placed it on his strongest weapon. Neither of them saw because the reaction was too fast and it died down the moment Ninoya kicked him away but for a brief moment a seal shun red upon the axe's blade as the enchantment called "Destroy" was activated. The stronger the swing, the sharper the cut...a very powerful enchantment that only activated when in contact with dragon scales but it allowed a powerful man like Bofoy to cleave through Muryuu's young scales like they were no stronger than normal human skin. The only reason Muryuu still had his head was due to Ninoya's kick, but the cut was deep and fatal already.

Muryuu's vision was starting to become blurrier and blurrier by the second, he couldn't tell if it was do to blood on his face, tears forming in his eyes or what, but he knew it was bad. His hands pressed as hard as he could down on his neck, it didn't hurt, surprisingly it didn't hurt him that much even though he was pressing on such a large gaping wound, but his strength was fading with each drop of blood coming out of his body. He couldn't breath, his lungs were filling up with blood and when he tried taking a deep breath out of reflex he only choked on the blood as it came out of not only the hole in his neck but also his mouth.

His eyes filled with tears as he looked up toward Ninoya, the only person he knew around him but his vision was too far gone for him to be sure it was her. Regardless of who it was his hand reached out and grabbed her leg, the nails digging into her flesh as he used the last ounce of strength he had in him. Words, he tried saying something but his mouth only opened and closed as he gargled on his own blood. The strength in the hand tat was gripping her leg began to fade until it could support itself and fell to the ground. His eyes were filled with tears and fear, it was odd that he had faced death head on so bravely before as if the concept didn't scare him but it did, especially when death stared right at his face...it was the scariest thing in his life.

Muryuu passed away the moment his hand dropped to the ground, his eyes open and filled with tears. He couldn't even take a last breath due to the blood in his lungs, it was an unsightly and horrible death...but an almost painless one.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:03 am

"No." She blurted out, unintentionally, as she looked to his friend as the large bearded man requested. The axe did far more damage than either of them thought. Was it another enhancement that allowed him to break through the scales? "No!"

The archer came to Muryuu's side as he quickly passed. She had one hand on his neck to try and cease the blood flow and another holding his hand, checking the pulse on his wrist which faded to nothing within moments. "Muryuu! Damn it!" She screamed, sending a small shock through his body. It wasn't just a heart issue, it was a fatal wound. What was she supposed to do? This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

Standing, the necklace containing Muryuu's scale swaying with her movements, the archer turned to face Bofoy. "Cure him! He didn't deserve this, he didn't do anything wrong!" She screamed. There were no tears, but an incredible rage. She felt responsible for her friend's untimely demise, images of her nightmare she had earlier flashing in her mind. "Your people have specialized dragon seals, right? Well use one to heal him!" What threat was she to this man? Probably none. She wondered what he possibly would do with her now. "And if you can't, or won't..." She grabbed the scale around her neck. Would witchcraft work? She never dabbled into the darker side of the art... but she had all the ingredients it would take. However, there was one other person she could imagine that would be able to help Muryuu. Stupid as it was, she would have to seek out Ryuuchi. "[b][color=#0050FF]Let me leave and take his body with me.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:53 pm

"Alright, stop..."

Suddenly the world lost its color, turning completely monochrome, as everything in the world but Ninoya came to a halt. Everything from the snowflakes outside the window to Bofoy's big mouth and the blood pooling under Muryuu's corpse, everything halted as if time itself had come to a full stop. Immediately afterward, a voice that should be familiar to Ninoya came from right behind her.

"Hello there hun, how are you? You seem to be having quite the party here."

Tall athletic build clad in black, short red hair, piercing crimson eyes and a grin filled with sharp fangs...Sasaki Ryuuchi stood there looking down at the girl. He moved one hand to his neck, casually massaging it while the other found its way into one of the pockets of his black coat.

"The kid's dead already and it was your own fault to boot...must be painful. But I'm not heartless so come, let me be a shoulder to cry on!"

His arms open wide as well as his devilish grin and he just stood there for a few seconds, waiting for the girl to hug him and cry her eyes out in mourning for her fallen comrade. But one look at her face and he suddenly started laughing out loud, wrapping his arms around his stomach and letting his body fall to the ground, his back hitting the floor but causing no damage as his laughter did not subside for a bit longer.

"Your face, you should see your face! I can't...HAHAHAHA...oh yea, you can't! Here!"

Ryuuchi sat up while trying to hold back some of his laughter and rose one hand to her, black scales began to move out of his arm and hand, flowing softly in Ninoya's direction. Once about a foot away from her the black scales began to gather and take form, creating a replica of Ninoya's body made entirely of the scales. With a snap of the fingers on the other hand the connection between him and the clone of Ninoya was severed and a puff of smoke covered it for a second, before revealing it to be a perfect copy of her, mimicking her movements and expressions flawlessly.

"Eh...not as funny as the original."

He snapped his fingers, the Ninoya clone began to shake and with a loud and quite gruesome sound she snapped her own neck, falling lifeless on the floor. The body remained on the ground for a few moments, just enough time for Ryuuchi to slowly and casually get to his feet but the moment he got back to an upright position the clone turned back to black scales and began falling apart.

"Right, enough playing around. I'm here because you need me."

He moved his right hand up, placing his index finger over his own temple.

"I know it sounds horrible, but I'm currently inside your noggin. Well, technically I'm somewhere else but I managed to transfer part of myself into your head through that pretty little necklace of yours. I won't bore you with the boring details, let's just say that I'm having a blast in here...your mind is full of funny memories and entertaining thoughts."

His body vanished leaving behind black smoke and at the same time appeared on the other side of Muryuu's corpse in a crouching position.

"While I was in there I heard you asking Bofoy for help...but trust me, a guy like that isn't capable of something like bringing someone back from the dead...even if he wanted too. But I felt all warm inside when you considered asking me, I was quite honored. And you're quite correct, I can indeed bring the poor boy back...it's quite basic actually."

His body vanished again in the same fashion and appeared with his face only inches away from Ninoya's own, only he was upside-down, floating in mid air.

"I propose a deal! I'm very interested in both of you and I'm bored out of my mind right now so tell me what you think of this deal: Call me at any time you want and I'll grant you a wish. How's that? Generous, ain't I? Of course in exchange I'll wipe away your memories of a random person in your life but hey, small price to pay right?"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 am

Spinning on her heel, Ninoya faced Ryuuchi. Color against the black and white background. She stayed silent for most of his chatting, the archer didn't have much to say to the mad man. "You're insane..." Ninoya muttered, as he fell to the ground laughing. She was surprised Muryuu wasn't unstable. Though, insanity like that didn't run just through genetics.

Looking from the destroyed clone, Ninoya listened with a scowl on her face. She didn't like what Ryuuchi had to say. Stepping back as Ryuuchi appeared inches from her face, Ninoya curled her fingers into fists. "How are you in my mind? How are you able to make... this happen?" She looked at the monochrome background. "Am I sleeping?"

Regardless of what it was, Muryuu was dead. It was her fault. If by chance this was truly reality, somehow altered by Ryuuchi, she had to bring Muryuu back. She had to play by Ryuuchi's rules.

"...Fine." Her eyes looked to her bloody friend. "Any wish? How about two wishes..." She put up two fingers. "One, restore Muryuu back to full health. Two, get out of my head!" Two people wiped from her memory. She hoped it was random, or else she imagined Muryuu would be the first to go. Part of her figured Ryuuchi would ignore the second part of her request. She wouldn't let Ryuuchi succeed in whatever his plan was. He had a motive, Ninoya had to figure it out.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:41 pm

"Getting me out of your head is going to cost you a lot more than you'd care to afford, hun. But your first wish is easy enough."

Ryuuchi's body vanished once again leaving behind the black smoke and reappeared next to Muryuu. His left hand gave of a faint and sickly yellow glow as he gently moved it down to gaping wound on the boy's throat and at the same time the black scaled necklace held the same faint glow. A few seconds after Muryuu's wound closed at an impossible rate, leaving only a scar where the fatal injury used to be.

"You'll eventually realize that I'm not as bad a man as everyone makes me out to be, I simply like to make life interesting."

With the work done he released the boy's neck and stood back up. Ryuuchi finally turned his head to face Bofoy and pointed toward him with his left thumb, the Dragonslayer that had been standing near the windows before the world froze, had already cut his distance with Ninoya by almost half.

"I'll give you 2 pieces of advice and a gift for free. First off, the world didn't stop, I just sped your brain up so much that to you everything seems to have nearly stopped. You haven't moved an inch either and after I'm gone you'll have a couple of seconds before the world goes back to normal speed."

He vanished once again and appeared right in front of Ninoya once again.

"Secondly, once everything goes back to normal...relax, just relax and try to hold on for a few seconds. I don't think you'll break with just that but it'll hurt."

The same disappearing trick and he was standing next to Muryuu again.

"Finally...I'm letting his real self take over for a bit. Don't do anything stupid."

Ryuuchi's right index finger gently poked Muryuu's forehead and almost immediately after, he disappeared for good. Two or three seconds after Ryuuchi's vanishing act the world began regaining its color and a second or two afterward time seemed to flow back normally. It wouldn't be too long after that the price for Ninoya's wish would hit her at full force. She'd be attacked with the most painful and intense headache of her life, every single memory of the person chosen at random would flash before her eyes and then that person's image would be ripped from them leaving only a black silhouette. Ninoya would eventually forget everything about that person, from their face to their name, their existence would cease to have a place in her mind yet she'd still be painfully aware that she was losing someone and the more important that person would be to her the sense of loss would be ever stronger. No matter how long and hard she'd think about that which was missing, the harder it would be to remember anything at all about it.

"...ound for!?"

Bofoy's voice would finally reach her ears, though if the mind would register the words through the pain...that's a different matter entirely. The large man held his axe in his right hand as he made his way toward the girl who to him had stopped moving for a few seconds, just staring into the distance as if her mind had been switched off. But then he stopped, a chill ran up his spine as if to warn him of something and he immediately jumped back while holding his axe with both hands.

Muryuu's lifeless eyes regained the light they had lost and he was up on his feet the next second, his whole body almost seemed like it jumped off the ground in one go, it felt unnatural to Bofoy as he saw it. Bofoy had seen it once before, back when he and his companions managed to slay an adult black dragon passing himself for a quiet family man years ago, but seeing the shift from man to beast was still something that made him cringe. Muryuu's body was fully covered in black scales, his muscles seemed to steadily grow in size while the bones in his body began breaking and popping out of their joints, a occurrence accompanied by a sickening sound.

Then mid change, as wings ripped out of Muryuu's back, Bofoy saw the him swing his right hand forward but he figured the distance would be enough that he'd be safe, not quite. It started out as the same size as a human but Muryuu's right hand and arm quickly grew several times its size and crashed against Bofoy's body. The man had seen a shift before but he was not aware that the Kirinketsu were capable of shifting different body parts at different speeds as they wished and as a result the large man was struck with a powerful punch that sent him flying through the windows to the outside.

Muryuu released a powerful roar as his body finished changing into a large three horned black dragon, his head crashing against the high ceiling before he dropped down to stand on all fours and immediately charged outside. Bofoy had been sent flying through the windows into the snow covered garden that surrounded the mansion, the damage hadn't been much thanks to his armor and sturdy body but enough to daze him and keep the man from reacting fast enough to the charging black monster that blasted through wall and windows to grab him.

The dragon squeezed his claws around the large man and turned around to throw him like a baseball through the hole he had just made and back inside the mansion. The dragon slayer's body crashed next to Ninoya, destroying the bookshelf and wall behind him as he tried to get his bearings back. Bofoy was a powerful man, he had killed plenty of dragons already using his kinsman's secrets but he didn't know if it was because he was caught of guard or if something else had happened, because the supposed young dragon was stronger than he expected. His eyes shot from the ground to Ninoya and then to the black dragon, only to see as the beast opened it's mouth and released what he knew to be the Black Dragon's unique and most powerful breath attack, Shiroryuuka...white dragon flames strong enough to melt anything in their path. Bofoy only had time to raise his left arm in its direction before being engulfed in the white fire.

Ryuuchi

Next

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::