Crossed Strings [ Oddy ]

[House of the Lotus | Higashikaze Academy | Hana Medical Institute]
The glistening seat of freedom, a blooming city in the dust, and the foundation of all their hope. Hanabira is the capitol city of the Republic of Suna, home to the Parliament, Higashikaze Academy, and the Hana Medical Institute.

Re: Crossed Strings [ Oddy ]

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:11 am

Kookie? Ayatsuri raised an eyebrow in the midst of their serious discussion, partially hiding his face behind the wooden bird. He couldn't tell if it was some sort of nickname or her accent.

"So he's dangerous. That sort of power can be... well, not good. If he uses his shadows to manipulate people, I can't imagine what he could do with shadow chakra in someone else's body." Ayatsuri looked to Akiko in this instance. Someone she knew, or even her herself, had been inflicted with Kokuei's shadow. She could probably read that deduction in his expression. "I'll make note of his close relationship to his brother, though. I may seem obsessive with my knowledge on things, but I need to get all angles of the Decay crisis. Missing-nin are high on my list of 'things-to-know'." Hell, there were things he knew that the council didn't know about. He was certainly a great detective.

He placed the bird down on an adjacent table. "What I do with information is what I think would lead the best result." He continued, even after the girl seemed to have had her fill of conversation. "You didn't capture or kill Kokuei on your last mission. That's what you had reported. I read the documents, of course." Of course. "You didn't bring him back to Suna on purpose." He said in a matter-of-fact tone, followed by a shrug. While not totally true, Akiko had no intention on bringing Kokuei back, even before he was engulfed by a murder of crows. "And now, despite how south your relationship with him has gone, you are the last positive link to Suna Kokuei has. Maybe his last positive relationship, period. His parents are... well they've gone insane. I can't imagine he has much going for him, aside from Decay, who apparently might have taken his brother." Ayatsuri certainly knew how to piece together a situation. "I could get in trouble for withholding information, but I think information on Kokuei's whereabouts would be far better with you. Kokuei seemed like a very bright young man, it would be a shame to see Suna execute him. He'd do well in Suna's borders, with me, to stop Decay and find his brother." It probably seemed like a ridiculous idea to Akiko that Kokuei could be brought back to Suna on good terms. Oddly enough, Ayatsuri may have been the only individual to be rooting in Kokuei's corner. "But yes, if I catch a whiff of Kokuei or his brother Kitsu, you'll be the first to know."

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Love » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:52 pm

She gave herself a fictitious face-palm in her mind realizing that she might not be as good a lier as she used to be given how her shock over the man's foreknowledge had fiddled with her tongue. Luckily, she pronounced many things strangely due to the mental damage she had suffered from two centuries worth of sleep.

Akiko's desire for this conversation had all but been blown away with the desert wind. The green girl was wary to say anything further as Ayatsuri had the ability to cut right through to the true behind her words. She, of course, always could deny it all. Her position, not just her rank, made her more credible, and Akiko had a sneaking suspicions that there were already plenty on the High Council that took the grand detective for a loon. They likely gave him the task of hunting after an organization they cared nothing about just to get the obsessive puppeteer off of their backs in the first place. However, Akiko needed this man's help. With her pregnancy, and even more with her responsibilities back with her clan, she could not afford the time to hunt out Kokeui herself. She did not know if the crows had already brought the shadow welder back from their summoning lands, and even if they had she had been the one to advice the Nara to float under the radar.

With a sigh, Akiko parted from the table and gave a polite bow of her head. "Tank you. I dougt it be best not ta implement you in all dis directly. Da less you knew, da more plausible deniability dare'd be. I see now dat's not an option." She said giving the man a look as she brought her head up. "No, I didn't bring Kokuei back. I very much doubt I could 'ave in any state utter dan a corpse, but ya right in dinking I do not want ta kill 'im if at all it can be avoided." She wanted to help him. Even now, even after what he had done to her, she wanted her old friend back. Unfortunately, for all her gifts with growing things, she was not the most nurturing with things that weren't quite so green. She hoped becoming a mother could change that in her, make her into the matriarch Kokuei and her clan needed her to be. However, as with many things in the bicentennial girl's life, only time would tell.

"'E gets a little further from 'is old self each day 'e's out dare on 'is own. Once 'e slips, once 'e reaches da cliff 'e's 'eaded for, I'm not sure I'll be able ta save 'im, but I 'ave ta try." There wasn't a lie anymore. No more attempts at covering up how she really felt. The emotion in her voice was proof enough that her facade had been dropped. All she had left was just to hope that Ayatsuri would keep his word and give her a fighting chance to get to Kokuei before the Oinin Butai, hunter-nin, did.
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:32 am

Ayatsuri smiled. He knew he had done right in trusting Akiko with any information he received on Kokuei or his brother. This could have been the best thing the male puppeteer could have done in stopping Decay, giving Kokuei another chance that Suna would not give him, but Akiko would.

"It may be an impossible task. When's the last time you've seen Kokuei? What do you think he could have been doing in that time? I'm trying to defer you from trying to help him, but to warn you. I know what it looks like to spiral downward." He had seen so many criminals, so much bad, Ayatsuri didn't need to have experienced it first hand. "But, I also know a thing or two about being stubborn, and not giving up on seemingly impossible tasks. You very well may be Kokuei's last source of light, keep that in mind." Ayatsuri figured he didn't have to tell Akiko that, in some way she must have known.

He nodded to the stairs. "I'm sure you've had enough of my... uh... creepy basement." The detective briefly looked around, still in disbelief that she thought that. Perhaps the place could use a bit of an aesthetic touch. Now that he thought on it, his puppets weren't very colorful or creative. "I'll be in touch. And you'll know where I'll be."

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Love » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Akiko closed her eyes at Ayatsuri's warning. Her hands had found their way to an uncomfortable rub against her upper arms, eventually stopping in a hug across her body holding each arm at her elbow. "Dat, Love, is precisely wat I'm 'Fraid of." She doubted her ability to restore. It was the same doubt that plagued her as the new leader of her people, whether she could really take something so posed on the edge of darkness and lead it back into the light. At least with her clansmen they had already passed through their great tribulation. Kokuei, however, was still engaged in his. Unfortunately, the only time the green girl felt morally good was when she was with Dokutoru, and the last time him and Kokuei crossed paths it hardly turned out well for anyone involved.

"I'll just be showing meself out, den." The heavy hearted woman said as she turned to walk from the basement that didn't quite live up to its expectations. As her hand met with the railing to lead up the wooden stairwell, she paused for a moment. She didn't look back, but merely turned her head to project her voice back into the room from the elevated corridor she stood in. "I might not be in much a capacity ta 'elp in da coming months," Her other hand, again, cupping her still flat stomach, a newfound habit of hers it would seem. "But should ya find yaself in need near da forests northeast of da Wind's borders, know ya can find shelter in nature dare. Go ta where da plants grow tickest, ind den keep going." Were she not expecting, Decay might have well become another one of her projects to tinker towards. However, she was already spread quite thin, and in the time before she becomes more bloated she had to reserve some strength for Kokuei. Especially since the Nara might very well be swayed by what Akiko had growing within her.

Only her wooden sandals clicking against the equally wooden stairs followed after her words. Nothing more need be said.

[END]
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 pm

"Thank you." Ayatsuri replied with a smile, watching as Akiko climbed the stairs and then vanished from sight. He closed his eyes then, one hand leaning against the table that now had a Westlands map expanded across it. The detective listened to the green girl's wooden sandals clacking against the surface above his head, to the door opening, and then to the door closing. The young man was paranoid. If Akiko had explored around a bit more, she would have noticed some of his defensive mechanisms.

Walking from the table, Ayatsuri stopped near a slit in the wall. Putting his eye up against it, light from outside the house reflected off a series of mirrors that hit the puppeteer's pupil. He watched as Akiko left his home.

He scoffed, shaking his head. "Creepy? My basement?" He grinned, eye still up against the slit. "That's absurd."

Rattle

Spinning on his heel, Ayatsuri looked to his samurai puppet that laid on the floor to see where the familiar rattle sound came from. A worried look on his face as he inspected the special puppet from a far. Nothing seemed out of order, but... "Did you just...?" No. It was impossible. It had to be.

[ End ]

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Previous

Return to Hanabira City