Shoukyaku (You can post here.)

Forge the path between the great and greatest. This section will allow you to not only create a powerful Kekkei Genkai, but an entire history and culture. Become like the Hyuuga, well-known and powerful, or like the Uchiha, coveted and feared. The choice is yours.
Forum rules
Remember, NarutoC Members: If you are making a transfer of anything, please make sure to include a link! If you don't the mods will ask you for one.

Shoukyaku (You can post here.)

PostPosted by Shinsou » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 am

Shoukyaku
[ The Infernal Roulette ]

[ LORE OF THE INFERNAL GOD... ]
War has ravaged the Fire Country. The Kami of Fire, Hinokagatsuchi, used its immense power and birthed a group of shinobi. The first plan of the Fire Kami was to use these shinobi in the effort of quelling the war. Before that came to fruition, there was an agreement made between the Uchiha and the Senju, setting in a peaceful solution to the endless turmoil at last. Upon discovering this development, the Fire Kami decided to use the Shoukyaku for its own ends, to worship him. That was the second plan. Unfortunately, the Fire Kami soon grew bored of this unending loyalty. It decided to use its power and influence to strike fear into the hearts of the Shoukyaku, feasting on their negative emotions until modern times. Now stricken with a curse, the Shoukyaku attempt to lead prosperous lives.

[ THE UNENDING CURSE... ]
Descendants of the Shoukyaku clan have a mark etched on the base of their spine. This mark is always monitored by the Fire Kami and is activated whenever one of them enters a battle. The mark itself burns with molten hot intensity, creating immense pain in the bearer. It should be noted that all members of the clan are swordsman, and they're taught in the ways of kenjutsu. After this initial activation, which is always unavoidable, there is a game of chance played with each member. The curse mark will release a fire that is hot enough to burn through anything except the enchanted sword. However, there is only a 1-in-6 chance that the sword will be ignited. The other possible recipients of Hinokagatsuchi's unquenchable flame? The bearer's arms, legs and cranium — a potential instant death.

[ CLANSMEN OF CONSTANT FEAR... ]
The shinobi world, being as it is, makes for a lot of fights. Each fight carries a potential death sentence for the Shoukyaku. Nevermind that they could lose their lives to their opponents. It's possible to die from simply being engaged in the battle, or at least become severely crippled. Because of this, most members become nomads who avoid battle at all costs, opting to live in mountains as homeless wanderers, suffering in poverty. Others get burned to death on the spot. Most perish in general. It's impossible to state the exact longevity of an individual clansman, but the outlook is certainly not a positive one. It's also impossible to give specifics or traits about each member, barring the curse mark and general look of suffering splayed on their expressions. It's not a fulfilling life for such a shinobi, by any means.
Shinsou

Re: Shoukyaku (You can post here.)

PostPosted by MankouZero » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:14 pm

This certainly sounds scary, but obviously it would be more tense to be the one playing as these characters... It'd be pretty hard to objectively play as one, as well, unless you had someone else roll a six sides die to decide the fate of your character each battle. I would assume, and hope actually that you mean to play out a story whereby one lone character, or group perhaps (it'd make for dramatic deaths), stand up against the Fire Kami and somehow end up reversing the curse, or altering it so it no longer has such macabre affects on the poor Shoukyaku.

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

PostPosted by Shinsou » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Actually, I was going to make my Shoukyaku character one-armed. Everything from there would be a crapshoot.
Shinsou

PostPosted by MankouZero » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Almost literally a crapshoot... That's crazy. But I would guess unique all the more.

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

PostPosted by Physalis |0083| » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:44 am

Shinsou wrote:
Shoukyaku
[ The Infernal Roulette ]

[ LORE OF THE INFERNAL GOD... ]
War has ravaged the Fire Country. The Kami of Fire, Hinokagatsuchi, used its immense power and birthed a group of shinobi. The first plan of the Fire Kami was to use these shinobi in the effort of quelling the war. Before that came to fruition, there was an agreement made between the Uchiha and the Senju, setting in a peaceful solution to the endless turmoil at last. Upon discovering this development, the Fire Kami decided to use the Shoukyaku for its own ends, to worship him. That was the second plan. Unfortunately, the Fire Kami soon grew bored of this unending loyalty. It decided to use its power and influence to strike fear into the hearts of the Shoukyaku, feasting on their negative emotions until modern times. Now stricken with a curse, the Shoukyaku attempt to lead prosperous lives.

[ THE UNENDING CURSE... ]
Descendants of the Shoukyaku clan have a mark etched on the base of their spine. This mark is always monitored by the Fire Kami and is activated whenever one of them enters a battle. The mark itself burns with molten hot intensity, creating immense pain in the bearer. It should be noted that all members of the clan are swordsman, and they're taught in the ways of kenjutsu. After this initial activation, which is always unavoidable, there is a game of chance played with each member. The curse mark will release a fire that is hot enough to burn through anything except the enchanted sword. However, there is only a 1-in-6 chance that the sword will be ignited. The other possible recipients of Hinokagatsuchi's unquenchable flame? The bearer's arms, legs and cranium — a potential instant death.

[ CLANSMEN OF CONSTANT FEAR... ]
The shinobi world, being as it is, makes for a lot of fights. Each fight carries a potential death sentence for the Shoukyaku. Nevermind that they could lose their lives to their opponents. It's possible to die from simply being engaged in the battle, or at least become severely crippled. Because of this, most members become nomads who avoid battle at all costs, opting to live in mountains as homeless wanderers, suffering in poverty. Others get burned to death on the spot. Most perish in general. It's impossible to state the exact longevity of an individual clansman, but the outlook is certainly not a positive one. It's also impossible to give specifics or traits about each member, barring the curse mark and general look of suffering splayed on their expressions. It's not a fulfilling life for such a shinobi, by any means.

Approved!

Spoiler:
BECAUSE
I'M HAPPY

Tsuuki wrote:I took the Fluoxetine, not for the wounds but so I won't give a shit when I sneak past the person trapped in the car.

Since Youtube has so deemed it to be a travesty to host this video on it's site. I give you this link to enjoy this beautiful piece of artwork.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82733824/
http://gifsound.com/?gif=replygif.net/i ... CLoZ2Q&s=3
Physalis |0083|
▷0083◁
▷0083◁

Return to Clan Creation