| Rewriting the Pages | (Private)

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

| Rewriting the Pages | (Private)

PostPosted by Spike » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:36 am

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new."

Softly, the small book closed in Dinn's grasp as he leaned back, smile fondly playing across his features as he stared into the calm skies above. 'Are such choices so easily made?' He pondered while his emerald gaze followed the white streaks adorning Raikou's heavens. The fair haired Hantaa had a deep fondness for poetry, philosophy and other such things that were perhaps boorish to his peers yet he knew that a sharp mind could be as deadly as any blade, forged by his kin or not. It wasn't his thirst for knowledge that caused him to idly re-read one of his favourite books, rather it was the thoughts that lingered on his younger brother, Supaiku that needed calming.

Dinn worried for his sibling as any brother would and Supaiku's habit of avoiding responsibility and his talent for mischief caused a slight strain in the Jounin's mind. So far, he had managed to keep the young punk out of anything damaging, passing it off as a rebellious stage and it had worked so far. When Supaiku graduated from the academy he had been praised by teachers as having the makings of a fine warrior, combat came naturally to him with the years of Hantaa training hammered into his body until it became simple reflex to him. Yet, like many of the younger generation, perhaps even more-so, he had a disdain for tradition or rules. Anytime he had been put into a team he had skipped out on meetings and avoided any sort of assignments that didn't interest him, making it quite clear that he wouldn't do anything unless he wanted to.

Thankfully, Supaiku wasn't known for being too extreme in what he did during all the time he freed up for himself, saving him from harsh punishments but in the past few months, especially, Nidaime Raikage had pushed for Dinn to give Supaiku a push in the right direction rather than let him continue his antics, despite the harmlessness of it all. After some careful consideration and planning, Dinn had crafted a team that he considered to have the best chance of steering his brother in the right direction before he spiraled further away. After a little research into other possible members of the team, the Hantaa put in the team request to the Nidaime and had it approved before sending out official letters to the trio to inform them of the forming.

It would be lost on them at first, Dinn knew yet with time he imagined they would come to benefit and grow from one another. Turn a new page and start a new chapter as it where, perhaps even completely rewrite their books up until then, he had considered the teams make-up for just that purpose and in the future he was sure they could all grow to be fantastic shinobi. They just needed one another and perhaps a little push.

Tsuuki Koumori was a name he knew well enough, the boy was after all what could be called his siblings 'partner in crime', if one wished to put a term to it. He was harmless from what Dinn understood though. Much like Supaiku he avoided work and responsibility when he graduated and this had teetered on for many years, the pair met shortly after Supaiku had graduated and could possibly been seen in a factor for Supaiku's attitude up until that point. Dinn knew better, his brother was his own person and Tsuuki wasn't a bad egg from what he understood, he just offered the younger of the duo a more appealing path than tradition and they shared many traits. Koumori were famed for their sharp minds, loyalty and prowess in unorthodox combat tactics and despite Tsuuki's general habits the blood of his clan shined through. Dinn picked him, betting on these very traits that would be invaluable to the team.

Well, that and the fact that the duo would probably rinse and repeat the same habits as before if they were put in separate teams. When lumped together, however, Dinn would bet on the pair sticking through it together so long as he guided them well enough and kept them in line loosely enough.

Hana Saihoushi was perhaps less of an obvious choice for the team at first glance. She didn't have the combat promise of Supaiku nor the hidden intellect of Tsuuki, rather Dinn found that most of all she had heart. Having came from river country to Kumogakure presented many hurdles, she was older than many in her class due to Saihoushi's own customs and out here she was very isolated having grown up for so long in one place only to have to leave that all behind. A crushing thing to ask of a teenager. Yet, she was always friendly, caring and kept her spirits high through it all. Maybe it was Saihoushi nature to not dwell on what couldn't be fixed, rather Hana simply stitched what she could back together and made do with the materials she had. The Hantaa was willing to bet that above all, like a flower, she could grow and surprise if given the chance.

Despite the teenagers short comings, Dinn was confident that with his guidance and encouragement they could all grow from themselves. Perhaps the Saihoushi's fussy and sometimes overbearing nature would become a drag to the scruffy slacker duo and indeed the pair might grate Hana's more proper nerves with their lax, devil-may-care attitude but that could easily become a positive experience. Dinn chuckled, thinking back on all the squabbles he and his team mates had gotten into over the most minor of things, teenagers found it hard to get along at times. Yet given enough time he was sure they would become close friends and learn from one another.

A tall order by many accounts, sure. Dinn was confident in his skill, even more so in the promise these youngsters showed. He simply built the best hand he could and would leave the rest up to fate.

"Youth is the most volatile of times." Dinn mumbled softly to himself with a fond chuckle, picking up his book and allowing himself to loose himself the within written word once more as he waited for the three to show up. Reminding himself that he at least wouldn't have to worry about Supaiku and Tsuuki not showing up as he patted the scroll resting in his pocket.

He had the beloved Tasogare, faithful companion of Tsuuki and Supaiku's favourite pair of swords sealed away in the scroll as bargaining chips. Informing the pair in the letter he had sent out about the team earlier that day he would keep them unless they showed up.

Dinn was a soft heart but he knew better than to take too large of a gamble.

If you fall down seven times, stand up eight.
It isn't a matter of life or death, it's about what breaks first; your will or the barriers in your way.

Spike
The Daftpunk [Who the hell do you think I am?]

Re: | Rewriting the Pages | (Private)

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Step, step, one by one
Walk into the setting sun
Water's rising, rising fast
History catching up at last

Danger ahead, death behind
No one to follow but old man time

Time, time, take us back
Before the line was drawn
Before the sky turned black.

His eyelids parted silently to the gloomy false night beneath the treetops of Chiroptera Forest, finding only drifting spores illuminated by stray rays of a forgotten sun. They danced like fairies before him, glimmering across the total blackness of his eyes as they mysteriously rose higher and higher. Everything else remained a painting, with just the same subtle distance from reality. Had his ears deceived him? Their fuzzy lengths twitched at a whispered snap of a dying leaf detaching from its parent, and he watched with idle fascination as it swayed and twisted up from the leaves below and settled on the grass above.

Tsuuki nodded and brought his blood-jade pipe to his lips, pulling from the smoldering bowl and exhaling the enchanting smoke, however never seeing it as it poured down his chin, swirled between the bats clinging to his shirt, and faded as it reached his clawed feet comfortably gripping the sturdy bough. "You going easy on me, Pops?" he spoke with a smokey malaise.

An older Koumori sprang feet-first from the fluffy foliage floor of Tsuuki's perception, standing upside-down before him with palpable disappointment. "Figured I'd go easy on you since you're stoned out of your mind," he grumbled while approaching, receiving the pipe from Tsuuki and smoking it with shameless hypocrisy.

"It may appear as so to the ignorant observer, but in actuality I am steeling my mind for resisting the tricky illusion of genjutsu," he elegantly bullshitted.

Kagato perked his pepper eyebrows with mocked interest. "So you're saying you're deeeeeep in training right now, is that right?"

Tsuuki smirked smugly and took his pipe back to puff again. "Precisely."

His father chuckled and paced away, a gesture that Tsuuki learned to dread. "Well, boy, I guess your hearing is better than we assumed, you must have heard the whispering excitement among our people that a young and once-promising Koumori has been hand-selected for a prestigious new team of Kumogakure."

"Who, Grandma? She's hardly young, Pops, but I'm glad the old flint finally got the appreciation she bitches about never getting. Send her my love, will ya? I got some really rigorous training to do."

Kagato snapped an unamused glower at his son. "Shut your squeak-hole, herb head. I didn't come looking for you to hear you lampoon the old bat, as perpetually intolerable as she is."

"Send a bat next time," he said, scratching his chin indifferently.

"I did. She's in a minor herb-induced coma under your nose at the moment," he grumbled.

Tsuuki craned his neck to his chest, spotting the exact bat among all the rest. "Oh yeah, this one loves the stuff. She probably forgot what you told her, the little lightweight."

Kagato sighed with a heavy shake of his bearded head. "The thing weighs less than an ounce, boy, you can't just go--you know what, nevermind. You are to report to the memorial within the Walls immediately, under orders of Raikage Soratodai and your new team leader, Dinn Hantaa."

The young batboy was barely able to hide his suddenly piqued intrigue, quickly figuring that another particular Hantaa could likely be a chosen member as well. Kagato knew just where his son's mind had wandered to by association and he jumped to wrangle in his spawn before he could start any mischievous scheming. "As you know, Dinn Hantaa is a valued friend of mine. I would not ask you to abide by the rulings from within the Walls if he had not informed me directly of his choice. You should be honored, but you'd have to be honorable in the first place to even begin to appreciate that. Nonetheless, you will go."

Tsuuki's muscles stiffened, noticeable in the way his lips thinned, as his right hand slowly crept to the ready. Kagato could see his mind working as clear as moonlight. "Don't do it," he warned sternly.

Tsuuki's tight lips curled to a smirk. "Tell your war-buddy he'll have to catch me first, old man," Tsuuki beamed, immediately kicking off from his roost on the tree and scattering the dozing bats into the dim air. He reached back for his trusty and massive black shuriken Tasogare, ready to channel his Wind chakra through its blades and ride off into the sky--but his fingers clutched at empty space, and the next sensation he felt was his body crumpling to the forest floor.

Kagato felt that even shaking his head would be a waste of energy at this point. "Lord Dinn already has and took your weapon while you were passed out from all your hard, hard training. You can reclaim it at the memorial statue within the Walls."

Tsuuki didn't move, a cocktail of humiliation, confusion, pain and herbal agents paralyzing him where he fell. "Prithee, just how will I travel the acres and acres of woodland between here and that damn statue without my ride?" he asked the dirt.

His father leaned in close, unsympathetically muttering, "you'll walk. Consider yourself grounded, literally, until you earn your blades back from my 'war buddy.' This old man has earned himself some herbs before his lazy-ass offspring smokes it all." He tossed the formal summoning letter on the heap that was Tsuuki, held his double-edged blade above his head, and began to spin it with such brilliant speeds that he swiftly became airborne and disappeared through the canopy.

Tsuuki rose and dusted himself off, packing fresh herbs into his pipe and strolled towards Kumogakure without a hint of haste. It wasn't so much the call of duty he was dreading than the possibility of running into her. He assured himself the ramen house kept her too busy for any accidental encounters, all he'd have to do was avoid it.

{OOC: He might arrive last, he's got a ways to go x) }

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:55 am

The flag on the top of Hinomori Memorial Hospital cracked and whipped in the wind. Hana Saihoushi drew her cloak a little tighter around her shoulders, shivering with cold and excitement.

It had finally happened.

Okabe-sensei had told her, on her very last day of the Academy training, that someone would appreciate her unique talents and her sunshine disposition. Of course, that had been a year ago, and Hana had sorta thought that it would be more like a week or two.

But the year hadn't been in vain. She'd spent most of if here at the hospital, wading into the bloody world of medical ninjutsu. While her classmates had been darting through towering redwoods dodging fireballs and shuriken, she'd been elbow deep in guts, pouring energy through her fingers to aid with bleeding and chakra flows.

She wondered if she'd killed more people in the hospital than she would have in the field.

But that would change now. Dinn Hantaa's letter had rocketed her from simple nurse to nurse-warrior-extraordinaire! Or she would be, as soon as the rest of them showed up.

She frowned a little at that thought. She'd spent forever picking out the the ideal first-meeting outfit. She had started the night before and thought that her capris-vest-headscarf combination was just perfect, but as usual she had found herself spinning around in circles in her underwear with nine different options laid out on the bed, the desk, the floor, the sink, and the balcony.

The old man next door had a pleasant heart-attack when she had strode out to examine the balcony outfit. Thank the gods for cute-yet-covering panties.

She had settled on black tights with a purple skirt, perhaps a tiny bit too short for decency, with her her belt of needles, thread, fabric, and medical kit hanging on her modest hips. A long-waisted tanktop had gone on next, followed by a close-fitting jacket of purple canvas. The cloak over her shoulders was silver-gray, meant to fade into the mists of the village.

Sexy, dangerous, invisible. That was what she had been shooting for, and she was pretty darn close to it.

But where was everyone to look at it?

Fingers fumbled around the pouches and pockets until she found the rumpled letter from Dinn. She read it again.

Date? Check.

Time? Check.

Location? Che-

Raikage Memorial. Not Honomori Memorial Hospital.

"Noooooo!"

The girl hurled herself straight over the edge of the roof, bleeding chakra into her feet to attach herself against the side. Her long legs drank up lengths of windows, leaving heavy footprints on the glass. Oops. She'd probably have to come back and clean those.

Wall-walking took fine chakra control, which she had, but the panic of being late was churning her heart, and on the next step the chakra pulsed too hard, shoving her off of the wall and hurtling toward the ground.

Paff!

She climbed out of the mountain of hay from the cart and rushed across the cobblestone, leaving a trail of golden grass behind her.

The crowd blurred into a massive, shifting obstacle course. She shoved through young men, old women, jumped over little children, and slid under carts being pulled by steady oxen.

When she sprang back to her feet, her face bounced into the chest of a much taller man.

"In a rush, miss?"

She leaned back enough to see that it was a member of the Kumogakure Police Force. He had a sandpaper beard, a bald head, and hard shiny eyes that hosed her with suspicion.

"Oh, sorry! I'm late for my team meeting, see, with Dinn Hantaa, and I need to get there quickly, so I was just using some of my shinobi training and-"

"You're a genin?"

She blinked. "Oh, yeah, well-"

His hand reached out and held her shoulder. "Then you need to come with me. There are municipal rules against this kind of behavior. Kumogakure may be a shinobi village, genin, but lots of people live here, regular folk who make it possible for you warmongers to eat and sleep and have clothes to wear. Just because you have the ability to fly through the air and shoot fireballs and call up lightning doesn't give you the right to run riot in the streets. Now come on."

Hana stared at him. His eyes turned bright with anger.

"I said let's go!" His strong fingers pried down into her arm. It went limp immediately, and with a shimmer of smoke, Hana's face reappeared as a crudely stitched smiley face.

The officer turned, snarling, seeing her dashing through the crowd. She waved.

"Sorry, but I really got to go!"

- - -

Hana vaulted herself off a redwood branch, hit the pathway in a roll, and broke into a mad sprint along the last length of the memorial. She skid to a halt, dropped to her knees, and bowed low in front of the looming Dinn Hantaa, setting her nose against the ground.

"I'm so sorry, Dinn-sensei, there's no excuse for my tardiness, I was just so very very excited when I got that letter that I thought I committed the whole thing to memory but I guess I thought it said Honomori Memorial Hospital rather than the Raikage Memorial Statue probably because I spend a lot of time there doing medical training and you know how it is with your brain and words and I guess I never double checked the letter because I'm sort of superstitious and I thought that if i looked for the letter again I would realize that it was just some hallucination I had made up because I really really really really really really really wanted a team and I've been waiting for such a long time and getting this letter was a total dream come true and now here I am screwing everything up on the first day and I just hope that it doesn't meant you'll toss me aside now because if you give me a chance I promise I won't let you down!"

Her cheeks were pink when she finally took a gasping breath. She was a wreck. Hay still stuck to her golden blonde hair, her honey-toned skin was drenched with sweat, and her perfect outfit was rumbled.

She glanced around.

"Hey, where is everyone?"
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Spike » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:44 pm

'Three hundred and forty-seven...three hundred and forty-eight...three hundred and forty-nine...'His arms struggled, shaking as they pushed with all their might in one last push. 'Three hundred and fifty!' Craning his body downwards, Supaiku somehow managed to keep his composure long enough to allow his body to painlessly lower to the ground, content to lay there covered in sweat as he filled his heaving lungs with fresh air.

Training was still something he took very seriously, having done it for every waking moment since he was old enough to hold a kunai it had became part of his routine everyday and even his lazy nature was no match for the restless blood that ran so deep in his veins. After a few minutes of collecting himself, Supaiku picked himself up and headed for the shower, throwing his damp clothing into a wash basket as he entered the bathroom. Quickly turning the hot water on in the shower and allowing the relaxing heat sooth his aching muscles as he stepped into the small cubical.

He spent longer bathing than he usually would, his mind had been bouncing back and forth all morning, part of the reason he had been exercising, it cleared his head. Now without it the Hantaa found himself dwelling on what Dinn had to him over breakfast when he visited. His older brother was practically forcing him to join a team, not something that Supaiku was fussed on but Dinn had never asked anything of him despite everything he did for him. Supaiku's apartment and living expenses were all covered by Dinn with no complaints and he always had Supaiku's back, even when he had Tsuuki decided it'd be funny to have a fireworks display in the Kage's office.

He owed Dinn this much at least, yet he still found himself scoffing as he got dressed, throwing on boxers, black cargo pants and a grey shirt. Now dressed, Supaiku flopped onto his sofa, rested his head against the back of the furniture as he gave a long sigh. Teams meant missions, responsibility, having to work together with people he probably wouldn't like. As he plucked a cigarette from a packet on his coffee table he remembered Dinn mentioning something relating to Tsuuki, if he was on the team maybe it wouldn't be so bad? Two outta three was better odds that he was used to getting.

With a grumble he lit up the deathstick, inhaling deeply and allowing nicotine to calm his body, toxic fumes flood his lungs before a crisp plume of silver smoke flickered from his lips as his clashing orbs of grey and blue stared at the floor. He was being too nit-picky about the whole situation. With Dinn as a sensei and possibly Tsuuki as a comrade it couldn't be that bad, could've been a hell of a lot worse if the Raikage held a grudge from his last stunt. That and this would help get Kaori off his back about being so introverted.

"Fu.ck it."

Supaiku grabbed the packet off the coffee table, stuffing it into pocket before maneuvering around his apartment to grab a few things and leave. He may as well give this thing a shot.

Leaving his apartment, anyone could guess it was Supaiku, even before they seen the colourfully streaked hair and piercings. He had thrown a sleeveless hoodie over his shirt with a vest made of various sheets of steel that clung tightly around his chest and back over the hoodie. A kunai holster was firmly strapped to each leg, two bulky pouches were attached to the back of his belt. Fingerless gloves, slim-lined elbow pads and standard issue black sandals finished off his look. Yet, despite all of the gear he felt under-armed.

Naked even.

He couldn't feel the comfort of his usual blades against his back. With a small sigh and another puff of smoke he spared a thought for Tsuuki who probably felt the same without Tasogare. Dinn could be manipulative when he wanted to be, Supaiku would give him that.

"Guess I'd better hurry so I can kick the shit outta Dinn and get the lads back." Came a mumble from the youth's lips, accompanied by milky wisps of smog.

With that, he began to make his way towards the Raikage statues in the center of the village, dreading who the other team mate could turn out to be.

--

Well, at least one of his students seemed enthusiastic about the team. Perhaps enough so for the three of them, he admired her energy but her entrance caught the reserved Hantaa a little off guard.

Did girls always talk that fast or did the little spit-fire just have a little too much caffeine this morning?

"Your guess is as good as mine, Hana-chan." Dinn admitted sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head as he stood, book now closed and firmly in his grasp. "I'm rather embarrassed to admit that the other two may or may not show up." He thought back to the scroll in his pocket as he tucked away his poetry book, he was certain the would show. However, when was an entirely different matter.

"Actually, could I ask you to hold onto something for me? It's important, so please keep it safe." Plucking the small scroll from his pocket, Dinn motioned for his student to stand, he became rather embarrassed when anyone bowed to him. How Raikage-Sama handled it he could never understand. When Hana stood, Dinn gently placed the scroll in her grasp, chuckling gently as he plucked a strand of dry hay from where it clung, contrasting against Hana's much more vibrant locks of hair.

"Interesting morning?" He mused with a smirk as his emerald gaze cast from the dead grass to his bubbly student with great amusement.

It isn't a matter of life or death, it's about what breaks first; your will or the barriers in your way.

Spike

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:18 am

"Stupid heat. Stupid, wretched, useless heat," snarled Tsuuki beneath his dark hood, stamping his naked but weathered feet in the hot dust between the canopies and overhangs of Kumogakure's streets. He'd known the brightness of the sun was never merciful on his eyesight, but without the relief of rushing winds and the altitude above the baking earth, that other characteristic that so many others just gushed about their precious sun was rapidly pissing him off.

Not helping his situation was the black and grey oversized coat he wore, drooping from his slender frame and swallowing nearly of all his upper half. The hood was wide and deep enough to conceal his face without bending his peculiar ears, the sleeves reaching down to his knees and the back billowing behind at about the same level. All of it was lined in raven feathers, and it appeared as if algae had began to flourish in small patches. His pants were so baggy it was difficult to find their inseam, but they tapered off short enough to not interfere with his clawed feet. Thick cloth straps were undone along his coat and exposed his bare chest beneath it, though many passers-by mistook it for a shirt due to the skin being so extensively tattooed, the most prominent of which was stretched across his sternum. It was a detailed rendering of a bat with its eyes closed but a full moon open at its third eye--a traditional caricature representing Tsuuki within the Koumori. From its wings sprouted the paths to the rest of the ink, elegant and wild shapes that to the clever eye represented the winds, clouds, and celestial haze. On the back was a primal depiction of a cloud concealing the illuminated face of the half moon, the symbol of the Koumori clan.

Musky smoke billowed from under his hood as he steadily zigzagged between the shade like an angry little train belonging to some gothic conductor. After hugging an apartment wall to slip into the sliver of protection cast by the high roof, his only next salvation along a completely exposed crossing was a thin frilly umbrella carried by a proper, high-class woman doing her weekly shopping. Neither of these associations bothered Tsuuki as much as the sunlight, and without hesitation he swept up behind and clung to the startled woman's side, trying to shrink into the dollop of pathetic shade it provided.

"What's the meaning of this!" she gasped.

"Look lady, I despise the sun almost as you probably do poor people, I need your umbrella," Tsuuki blurted, never raising his face.

"I beg your pardon, young man!" she stammered most snootily.

"Sure, deal, it's all yours, now can I have the umbrella?"

"I BEG you pardon?" she shrilly repeated.

"My stars, lady, how'd you get so rich investing in other people's pardonings? What would your social club think if they knew you were out begging in the streets."

"Why! Why! I never."

"Of course not, why beg when everything is handed to you? Now will you give me this screamingly pompous doily on a stick you call an umbrella or shall I taunt you a second time?" Tsuuki had already begun repacking his pipe's bowl.

"Now see here, you brute! I will have you arrested on grounds of harassment, attempted robbery, and--" she was curtailed by a creamy cloud of white smoke from Tsuuki's lungs enveloping her face.

The robed batboy patted her shoulders and straightened her fancy hat on her head, then rifled through her many shopping bags. "I'm sorry, ma'am, I'm not usually so rude but my father is half-wax and I could melt in this heat."

The smoke had passed from her face, and her furious red face was now relaxed, happy, and spaced out. Tsuuki fished out a plump sweet bun from her purchases and waved it in front of her glazed eyes, catching their attention. "Ah! Yes, see? Tasty right? You want it?"

She gave a short but loud giggle and nodded. "I do, ever so much," she said dreamily.

"Well, I'll trade it to you for your umbrella, sound fair? I mean, how will you even hold this massive, sugar-soaked, carb-packed loaf of bliss in both hands with it anyway? It'd only slow you down from Chow Town."

The woman blinked and gave a dopey look at her umbrella, then a reinvigorated death-stare at the confectionary in Tsuuki's taloned fingers. "Yes, yes, that is most agreeable. This umbrella is atrocious anyhow."

"Yes, it most certainly is!" Tsuuki mocked with his best elitist chuckle, helping her take the bun as he walked away with her umbrella, clinging to it like a wet cat to a dry post.

He only left the main road once to take an alley to the next street over, walk a block further, then cut through another alley back to the original road, successfully though meticulously avoiding the Tatsuti Noodle Shop.

Despite not being a resident of the actual township of Kumogakure, his navigation of its layout was impressive, if one did not consider he had seen it so many more times from above than from within. He was considered an academy graduate only by formality; he'd only taken the exit exam and never any classes, as did traditionally most Koumori who were trained within the forests. However, only after passing this exam would the individual be seen as a warrior within the clan. That recognition once seemed lofty to Tsuuki, but the glamour had long since faded along with his ambition, bleached by the acridity of a harsh reality that rose daily and followed him into the night. Only the clouds kept it from turning his blood to dust.

Just outside the memorial, Tsuuki slowed his gait down to a patient stroll and entered, spinning the lacy white umbrella disinterestedly with one hand and holding his red marble pipe to his lips with the other. He spotted the respected Hantaa immediately, and the girl bowed before him after that. Difference in fundamentals already, he observed, and pulled back his hood.

Tsuuki was older than most in his position, 19 to be precise, but he would look younger were it not for a short but thick goatee and exaggerated, almost muttonchop-sized sideburns. Dots and lines of ink patterned his sleek face beneath a fountained mop of hair so black it nearly looked purple in the sunlight, absorbing all light but the high-intensity ultraviolet waves. Jutting out from this mess were his stretched, conical ears, coated with sensitive gray fur and responding to every tiny sound with subtle flicks. Goggles with lightless lens were strapped over his unseen eyes, and when he smiled it was difficult to not notice the pointed teeth.

"Yo~oh," he called out as he casually meandered up to the pair. "Is this the lost and found? I'm looking for a shuriken about, oh, yea big," he demonstrated by stretching his long sleeves far apart, and even that fell short of its deadly wingspan. "I've tried replacing it with this terrifying thing but sadly it just does not match my outfit." He swung the umbrella a few times like a sword, then hid beneath it again.

While he was standing beside Hana and Dinn they would either be reminded or learn anew that the Koumori were simple folk and therefore did not care much for bathing, or anything involving soap really. This isn't to say the batboy reeked of BO and farts; in fact, he had an overwhelming scent of eucalyptus, patchouli, peppermint, and other fragrant oils made from leaves that the Koumori instead cleansed themselves in. When dire wolves and monster bears were as frequent as stray pets in your neighborhood, it helped to smell like the surrounding trees than a byproduct of salty animal fat.

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:42 pm

The scroll felt heavier than it actually was. Maybe it was the gravitas in Dinn's eyes when he handed it to her, but as she slipped it away into an equipment pouch she couldn't help but picture endless trouble.

"What do you mean? Are they going to get lost or something?" The question felt naive on her lips, but it was more like hopeful thinking. Dinn was implying that they might just blow off the training, and that wasn't something she could easily correct. A wayward little genin, though, would be easy. Especially if she gave the golden mane a toss and her hazel eyes a twinkling wink...

She spun at the sound of the Koumori's voice. There was an interesting timbre to it that drew in her ear deeply, a strange gravel quality as if he had been smoking.

It only took a few sniffs to realize that he had.

And a lot worse. What, did the guy just wake up and roll around in everything pungent? The smells were earthy but still, it floated around him like a physical barrier; it was strong enough to deflect kunai she reckoned.

She tried to think past his smell, and past his ears, and past his hideously clashing shir- oh gods was that his chest? Were those tattoos?

She smeared on a sunshine smile and glued it to her lips as hard as she could. She bounded over to the guy, hand extended.

"Hi, I'm Hana Saihoushi, your new teammate! I like fashion, fireballs, and long walks on the beach."

The Koumori seemed to be staring past her and straight to Dinn. So she cleared her throat and jabbed the hand more in his face.

"You're older than I expected. I'm 16, and I thought I was already ancient for the whole ninja life, but you have to be at least my age right?"

She wondered if the other guy was going to be as smelly and colorful.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Spike » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:26 pm

"Well, one of them might. I'm not sure if that high flyer is used to pedestrian walking..."Thankfully, his slight worry was quickly set aside at the husked voice on the Koumori of the hour, soon chuckling at Tsuuki's choice of introduction. Dinn never was quite if Tsuuki was being sarcastic or harmlessly humorous, he assumed the latter in this case. Hana took the center stage, introducing herself to Tsuuki and leaving little room for Dinn to reply to the bat for now, which was just as well, he wasn't ready to hand over the weapon just yet.

"Tsuuki-Kun is actu-"

"Gettin' too old to be walkin' around unaided." Supaiku interjected, causing his brother to glance towards the Raikage statue. Sure enough, there sat the little punk, lazing atop the shoulder of the Shodai Raikage. He had been there for awhile now, simply observing and perhaps waiting to see if Tsuuki would show up before he would appear. Despite Dinn's show of ignorance, Supaiku knew his brother had long since sensed him there and was just waiting to see if his brother would decide to join them. With a couple of jumps, the young Hantaa joined the trio on the ground, allowing his hands to slip into his pockets as he waltzed up beside Tsuuki, staring at the umbrella the whole time with his mismatched iris' of blue and green.

"Y'know most geezers stick with canes, yeah? You mug an old lady or somethin'?" He seemed obvious to the effects the sun had on his friend, perhaps because he had never seen him without Tasogare. Riding that thing around must have kept him cool, then again, Tsuuki's choice of clothing couldn't help matters too much.

"I'm delighted you two decided to show up!" Dinn spoke, gripping Supaiku by the ear, forcing the youth to yelp as he tugged on the sensitive flesh. "Don't think about running away this time or I'll kick your ass!" The reserved personality of Dinn was broken as the brothers were united once more and acted only as brothers would. "Oi, oi! Let go! Lemme go! Fu.ckfu.ckfu.ck..." Supaiku's swearing continued as Dinn continued to tug on the ear as he lectured his brother. "Your apartment is a pigsty, it stinks of smoke, what did I tell you about smoking in there? You haven't washed any dishes in days, you haven't done any laundry and Kaori said she saw girl's underwear laying around last time she was around, you idiot, I should evict you and make you live on the street, you make me and your sister worry so much, what kind of brother puts siblings through such pain and never once apologizes, um? You know it's Kaori's birthday next week, you better get her something good or by the clouds I'll kick your ass all around this village and -"

This continued, with Supaiku attempting to interject and getting another painful jerk of his pierced ear causing a slight rattle as the metal in the ear clapped together with each yank of Dinn's hand.

"I'msorryI'msorryI'msorrylemmegopleasethisfu.ckinghurtssomuch." The younger Hantaa was beyond flustered at this point, between the pain and worry that Dinn might rip out one of his piercings. Thankfully, the older sibling relented and let go, leaving Supaiku to hold the abused ear as he mumbled some more curses.

"Now, where were we?" Dinn clicked his teeth together as he thought for a moment, "Oh yes! Tsuuki-kun here is 19, Hana-chan." The Hantaa began, patting the Koumori lightly on the back before nodding towards Supaiku. "My brother however, is your age, although lacking maturity to match." All he got in reply to that was a middle finger and a scowl. "These two little devils have known each one another for awhile now, but don't be intimidated, I'm positive you'll all get along just fine." Dinn gave a reassuring smile to Hana, but when he turned around to face Tsuuki and Supaiku, who stood closer beside his friend so he had the possibility of a shield for any further abuse, he gave a somber expression as he pointed at the pair before dragging the same finger across his throat a moment later in a rather threatening manner.

Supaiku gave a short nod and a friendly smile, giving a thumbs up as he huddled shoulder to shoulder with Tsuuki, as soon as Dinn's back was turned Supaiku flipped another bird at his brother.

Obviously, this team wasn't going to be as sunshine and rainbows as some others.

"Okay, so Hana-chan has introduced herself and told us a little about her." Moving from between his three students, Dinn paced back a few steps so he could look at all three at once. "Now, how about you two mischief makers share a little and help your team mate feel welcome?" His gaze fell hard on the pair and Supaiku pressed a palm to his friends back, pushing him gently forward.

"If you insist, 'Suki! I'm sure you have all sorts of interesting things to share!"

Like hell Supaiku was going first, he was still holding his ear trying to get the feeling back in it.

Spike

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:19 am

The scruffy batboy had tried to give the perky one the benefit of his neglect over her assumptions that he had agreed to be on any sort of introductory basis, but the usage of "ancient" shot a twitch through his temple. While it was true that his meager facial hair was grown as a petition for respect and to offset his otherwise youthful appearance, it disturbed him to feel so abruptly hurtled beyond his prime. He had only lifted one sharp finger in defense against the gabbing gal before Dinn intervened, no doubt throwing himself in front of what he foresaw to be a bad first impression from the bat.

In typical Hantaa fashion, a familiar voice then trampled over his brother's words. Tsuuki's radar-dish ears turned upward to the statue but his head did not follow, for Koumori-eyed youth learned to avoid this pain as early as other children discovered hot stoves. He didn't smile despite his relief to hear his friend, and didn't move as he approached.

"Nah," Tsuuki smoldered mischievously, "Your mother traded it eagerly for a screaming good fu--" he skidded, shoulders cringing as his ear flicked at the other offspring from the woman of his tasteless retort. Slanderous conversation between the Koumori and younger Hantaa was habit at this point, one hard to break even in the presence of someone with the means to thoroughly kick his ass. He firmly inserted his pipe as if it were his foot, and for a flash of a moment prayed to be spared as he heard Dinn lunge. Thankfully, it was Supaiku's less delicate ears that were snatched by the Jounin, and to see his friend belittled in such a way finally forced his toothy smile. He quietly wagged a taloned digit at Supaiku mockingly whenever the swordsman's eyes were on him.

Dinn proceeded into settling the age matter, a chilly surprise to Tsuuki who had himself lost track of his own mortal progression. Had that much time already passed? When he pulled himself from his ponderous tangent, Dinn's finger was pointed in his face and Supaiku was hiding behind his back. He had a hunch this would be a recurring situation, and stuck his tongue out at Dinn's back just as Supaiku gave the finger.

Sure enough, the bastard behind him was quick to cast his human shield into the lion pit when no longer needed. Tsuuki succumbed to the shove but did not stumble, each step to the center silent. All eyes were on him, ears poised for the words he would carefully choose to define himself and reflecting through them a glimpse into his subconscious self-worth.

"Um," is what he said, then just stood there for a second. When he moved, he tucked his new umbrella into the crutch of his elbow and patiently placed fresh herbs over the gently burning bowl. He took a few unhurried puffs, sniffed at the tingling in his nose, and cleared his throat.

"I respectfully decline your request." He paused to puff again, thinking he heard his father's heart stop from all the way out here. He shrugged it off and explained himself evenly. "Honestly I'm flattered for the consideration, but I'm also curious if not doubtful about your decision. I am an ambitiously lazy smart-ass with a sullied past and a psychological reliance on herbal fumes. The Cloud's interests are not my own, and certainly neither are our politics."

He turned to Hana and tilted his head, his goggles preventing eye-contact. "Look squirt, you're painfully sweet and all, but you don't want a guy like me on your team," he coaxed with unease. "I mean, I thank my stars we live nowhere near a beach and the maddening ceaseless hiss of waves, 'ball' is my least favorite form of fire after 'wild' and 'crotch,' and I think fashion is a petty social distraction created by an elitist hierarchy to establish a visually distinguishable class system and promote inflated capitalism." He might've said too much, but not knowing what more to say, he just patted her on the head and moved on.

His arm slung around Supaiku's shoulder so their heads were side-by-side. "And it's not fair to Supaiku to have his unfortunate looks constantly compared to mine, I'm simply too much better looking than him. If we were to be on a team, he'd never get any female action! Plus, he has an aura of influence with me that compels me to drink hazardous amounts of alcohol." Tsuuki reached into Supaiku's jacket pocket where he knew he kept a flask, and with a flick of the cap had it pouring on his tongue. "See? It's unbearable!"

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45 pm

The anger was a chip of molten steel broken from a sword being forged. This was supposed to be her team? Was this the administration's idea of a joke? Or was it another not-so veiled attempt at trying to kick her out if the village?

"This really isn't the best sort of life for you sweetheart."
"Who is ever going to take your type of ninjutsu seriously?"
"People die to keep this peaceful world. Someone as beautiful as you should enjoy it, not toil for it."

Tsuuki was staring directly at Dinn with his back to her. She started pacing around in a wide circle, walking to stand between them.

"Clothing is love."

He didn't move, save for his ears which gave an involuntary twitch to track the stimuli.

"When a baby is cold and naked, squalling in fear and confusion, what's the first thing we humans do? We clothe it."

Her paces were slow and deliberate, each step a percussive stroke against the stone of the Railahe monument.

"When two souls find love and marry, they are clothed in their finest. When a loved one passes on, we drape them in their finest while we smother ourselves in black and gray. Clothing allows us all to tell the world how we see ourselves, and how we want others to see us. Even your drooping sleeves, your hooded cloak, it's all part of the mystique and distance you want to create between your world and mine."

Hana eclipsed Dinn. Her eyes were molten gems, her smile a wickedly carved onto her face.

"But if you don't think you need fashion..."

Ten chakra threads spat out of her fingers, her arms raised in a high, angry angle like a woman torturing a marionette. The threads slid across his body, seeking it every garment and every weak seam along it. The nunojutsu blended with the clothes and split the seams, jerking he fabric away from him. She drew the lumps of fabric to her feet, and stared coldly at him. Her anger was too strong to be phased by the sudden siege of bats, though she did feel her heart skip a few beats.

Hazel eyes dripped down to Tsuuki's waist, lingered, then rose again.

"You are right about one thing. You're not the kind of guy I want on my team."
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Spike » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:41 am

Dinn felt a slight chill run down his spine at Tsuuki's words, not because of their meaning or because the young male's behavior putt him off. Rather it was Hana that made him feel uneasy, a woman scorned was a dangerous thing and with the boy's words and Hana's nature, the older and wiser Hantaa knew that retaliation was brewing in the Saihoushi.

"Hana-chan, I'm sure he doesn't me-" His apologetic words were too late, leaving him to simply watch as Hana left an impression on Tsuuki that he wouldn't soon forget as his clothing lumped to the floor, leaving him bare for a few moments before the flurry of bats that had been resting in his coat swirled around to give him some sort of modesty. Supaiku, took a step forward, moving past the bats who thankfully registered him as friend rather than foe. With small kick, the umbrella in Tsuuki's grasp spun around before another tap of the Hantaa's foot caused the canopy to bloom, sheltering his friend's lower half as the umbrella rested between his arm.

"Yeah, you drive the ladies lala 'Suki." Supaiku chuckled as he stepped away from his friend, noticing the bats had stopped flying around and now rested on himself and Tsuuki, not digging their claws in enough to harm his less clothed comrade.

"Ooooh boy..." Dinn's hand rubbed against his face as he did his best to keep composure, he had to get this team on the same wave length. "Hana, could you fix Tsuuki-kun's attire, please? If he gets a cold I'll have to blame myself." His voice sounded more stern than before, by no means threatening but his dropping of honorifics could have been noted as a sign of annoyance.

While Dinn stood there, wondering just how he could salvage the whole situation, Supaiku moved away from the group. "First impressions sure are important, eh?" He muttered softly as his hands slipped into his pockets while he took a few more steps before stopping. The team meeting had gone less than smoothly than his brother had planned, he knew that for sure. With that for a first impression, Supaiku doubted they would all get along very well, which meant the whole team thing was doomed to fail once more. He would be better off leaving now and doing something more important or go for a nap or something.

That's what he wanted to do at least. Looking at Dinn, trying his best to keep composure and stop the other two from squabbling any further as Tsuuki was re-clothed. One of the bats perched on his shoulder looked at Supaiku quizzing, chirping to gain his attention. "Huh?" His gaze turned, watching the creature with his blue orbs. "Yeah, yeah. I guess so..." The swordsman muttered, apparently in reply to the bat's chirps before stepping back towards the group as the bats clinging to him dispersed, flying back to snuggle in the comfortable darkness of their masters clothing as he was finally clothed once more.

"Hey, uh, Hana, right?" Supaiku seemed to be trying to focus his duel-shaded gaze anywhere but on his 'team-mate', acting like he was disinterested with this whole situation. "C'mere, I wanna check something." With a gesture of his palm he waved Hana to follow him to the more open section of the memorial.

Dinn's head tilted as he pondered on what his brother was doing, he had a slight inkling though. "Tsuuki-Kun, I want you to watch. You may change your mind about this team." With that, he moved to sit on the bench he had been on earlier, smirk playing across his features as he guessed what his kin was up to.

"A'right, this should do the trick." Suddenly, Supaiku came to a stop, cracking his knuckles after gesturing Hana to stop. There would be plenty of room to maneuver and nothing in the immediate area that would be easily broken so long as they kept this easy going. Without saying anything further, Supaiku began to strip his upper half of his shirt, armour and even his gloves, folding them and setting them off the side, leaving his chest bare.

"Show me your fashion's in season." The Hantaa spoke as his body instinctively moved into a defense position. Tattoos on his knuckles hummed with a slight glow before a pair of steel gauntlets appeared, covering his lower arms. He wasn't interested in using any of his usual pointy weapons for now, Dinn absentmindedly noted. This wasn't a combat spar in the usual sense of the term.

For as long as Dinn knew his brother, Supaiku had never been great at sharing his feelings or thoughts nor asking about others. Combat was how he liked to communicate and he seemed to learn quite a lot about others through it. It seemed Supaiku was giving Hana a chance to prove she belonged on this team, not only to him but to Tsuuki.

It wasn't an approach Dinn would have taken but Supaiku had a strange way with people and if introductions didn't work to instill a sense of comradeship and respect, maybe some combat would.

Spike

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:55 am

The fabric fell away without a twitch from Tsuuki, his pose relaxed with the pipe still ready at his chin for the next drag, which he took slow and undisturbed by the flurry of bats around them all. The dark clothing cascading down his stone-smooth skin revealed what was beneath to be not much brighter in comparison. The tattoos spanned his entire body--yes, even below the waist where Hana's eyes lingered--but where his center had more basic, black-edged designs, his limbs elegantly transitioned to colorful, mesmerizing illustrations. On his back was the most captivating of all, a work of art in its own right, especially in its ambiguous expression; who was the fierce blood-haired beauty captured in it?

Tsuuki patiently waited for Hana's eyes to return to him, and let her speak her line. He seemed as unashamed of his fanged grin as he was for his spontaneous nudity, but there was a haunting buzz of belligerence in the atmosphere. It came from the bats, stirring in the air between every person and hiding their numbers in swift rotations. The unheard vibrations trembling Hana's eardrums might make her feel a little dizzy or heavy for a moment, but it passed as Tsuuki started to speak. "I wish I could tell you that's the fastest anyone has ever stripped me naked, nonetheless, I am impressed by your technique, and I admire your passion." After Supaiku maneuvered the umbrella for him to cover his little batmobile, Tsuuki idly prodded the bowl of his pipe with his pinky and shook his head smirking, the pearl skin between the tattoos flushing where the sun touched it. Waves of his furred creatures would approach his exposed body then suddenly turn away.

"However, let's just get this clear." He took a short puff at his pipe, still smiling though his gaze was down and away. It was his ears that faced Hana. "The fabric at my feet is--was--clothing. Its cut suits both my roost and my style nicely, its colors hide me in my environment, and its thickness protected my skin from the various elements, such as cold, wet, windy, and--"he turned his sunny side towards her to show its reddening between the tattoos"--the sun. That's clothing."

The fluttering creatures no longer could wait by and at last swept into their master, clinging to his exposed skin to cover what they could. "This is love," he chuckled, some bats dangling by his nappy hair and spreading their wings to create shade. His hand rose, pointing the mouth end of his red pipe at Hana.

"And you think it is all just to abide by your aesthetic preconceptions of others, as if I bought this on some shopping spree in the brooding anti-socialite boutiques district? That's fashion, and I don't need it." He paused and used the back of his hand to raise a bat away from one side of this face, the black lens beneath shimmering just a sliver of sunlight as the hidden eyes beneath it looked upon Hana for the first time. It was not to see her clothes but to remember her face, no matter what the day brought. "So, Hana Saihoushi, what does fashion say about you?" Rhetorical, but genuine instead of sarcasm.

Dinn intervened at that moment, asking Hana to undo her unique technique, but Tsuuki raised a respectful hand to him and dismissed it. "No, no, I've fixed a few holes over the years, I can stitch these rags back together. You all just go ahead with your ice-breaking exercises, I've had my turn." He gathered his clothes with his feet, then intentionally facing away from the others bent forward to retrieve it all, further exposing himself before trotting off in his bat-suit to the shade beneath the statue. He found a needle and thread from one of his many displaced pockets and set to work.

While Tsuuki's eyes watched his fingers work, his ears traced Supaiku, knowing what "something" he wanted to "check," and feeling the same himself. This girl was interesting.

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Gods and spirits save her from testerone-fueled boys.

But this she had at least expected. Give teenaged guys permission to beat each other up while teaching them to throw fireballs, and what did you expect?

She decided to ignore Tsuuki for the moment. No matter what she said he was going to come up with some pompous retort or another. She'd met the type before, intelligent, confident, narrow-minded. What he needed was a long trip to the Saihoushi village, to see how the culture really played itself out.

Or a solid kick in the balls.

For now, it was Supaiku who wanted the ball-kicking, so she'd oblige happily.

"What is it some rule around here that all the boys have to get tattooed to death?"

She grit her teeth to fight the embarrassment. She had meant that to be in her head...

She glanced over him. Strong. Very strong. Probably a weapons expert or hand to hand expert. The gauntlets looked tough and menacing, but there was something odd about his stance. A hesitance about it. A quick survey of the clothes. Discarded on the ground brought the extra belts to her attention.

Sword belts. And yet no swords. Why?

He was starting to look impatient so she took up a basic fighting stance. A thought and a jet of chakra sent two slices of her cloak along her arms and wrapping around her arms and fists, mirroring Supaiku's gauntlets.

"Okay after I punch your face in you'll settle down and do what you're supposed to?"

Hana struck. Her fists lashed out in a couple of jabs, scraping against the gauntlet deflections. With her Nunojutsu, the fabric was as hard as the molded steel, and sent off shrieks and sparks with the collisions. He smirked and she growled.

The next was a basic combination, one that they drilled at the academy, one Supaiku would have seen dozens of time. Left, right, left, and a roundhouse kick with the right.

But this was all a distraction. The real attack came during the roundhouse kick, whee one of her gauntlets snapped out for Supaiku's left ankle, here it would hopefully entangle him and yank him off balance.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Spike » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Supaiku had to admit some surprise at the integrity of Hana's fabric weaved gauntlets, he had never seen ninjutsu like it before and he wondered just what other combat applications it had. Such thoughts would have to wait until later, as Hana began her attack, using the basic taijutsu steps that had been taught to everyone in the academy. He knew better than to pass it off as lack of faith in her combat abilities, it was to set him up for something, probably involving her unique ninjutsu. Allowing Hana to control the rhythm of the fight, Supaiku deflected each jab as his eyes intently locked onto the sassy would-be medic, awaiting each sign of attack so he could cleanly defend.

When his body swung to meet Hana's kick with one of his own, his eyes just about managed to catch her gauntlet as it untangled slightly. When his ankle was snared and pulled Supaiku resisted the natural urge to fight against it and instead went with it, focusing chakra in his torso, a moment later and he was on the ground. "Strippin' 'Suki and sweepin' me off my feet, you're a right charmer, ain't 'cha?" His bemused tone chuckled just as a tattoo along his chest glowed brightly. A bo staff shot from the ink, aiming for Hana's chest to knock her back or cause her to avoid it all together as the young Hantaa's grasp found grip. Slamming it on the ground he was back on his feet, assuming the appropriate footing as he spun the staff around himself before it came to rest along his right shoulder.

"Think you could make a copy of anything I whip out?" The swordsman questioned with a smile, wondering once more the applications her nunojutsu could be used for as he spun his weapon around, feet now more active and alert after Hana's last surprise attack. He would have to be less static and be alert for her tricks, without them he doubted she would put up much of a fight. Yet once more he made no move for Hana, sticking solely to defensive tactics.

This confused his brother slightly, Dinn had never seen Supaiku so docile in a fight before, even if it was just a spar. Actually, from what he remembered, that was a problem of Supaiku's when he was in the academy, he always took sparing too far and injured his class mates. So far he had used no jutsu or bladed weaponry which was his particular forte. For a moment, Dinn entertained the thought of Supaiku lacking his favourite swords had a demoralizing effect on him, the look in the younger Hantaa's eyes gave no hint to this, instead he supposed his brother had gained more patience from hanging around Tsuuki so often and was waiting for something in particular.

Whatever it was, he hopped Tsuuki managed to stitch something suitable to wear before anyone happened upon the group and the poor boy was accused of indecent exposure...

Spike

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:22 pm

The young Koumori sat still with legs crossed, his dark tatters lumped in his lap while a roost of small creeping bats scaled his pale inked skin, black goggles hiding his eyes but his expression easily showing where his intrigue was focused. The dismantling of his clothes by the perky teenaged girl was parlor tricks to him in light of her skills displayed to apply to combat, baffling even to his keen ears how her abilities could transform fabrics down to the frequency of steel-on-steel friction. Plus he saw her shit-talking to be charming. He couldn't blame her for choosing a kinder first impression at their meeting, but he wanted to tell her that this was her better side. She was frightening under the niceties, and enough to make Tsuuki consider that he might be the weak link in this team.

Steadily yet not slowly his fingers wove the thick threads of his garbs together again, noticing from Supaiku's stance and actions that his drinking buddy maybe had the same thoughts concerning caution with their mutual teammate. It gave him pause to at last sink into reflection on what he'd learned so far on the situation, no matter how little time had passed. Those that had any sort of acquaintance with both Supaiku and Tsuuki would never consider the two to join on an official Kumogakure squad together, unless its intent was to spread debauchery and laziness through the enemy's factions. Even a strong, able-bodied relative such as Dinn would have a handful commanding this duo alone, much less so if one considered the Jounin Hantaa would be babysitting at the same time. However it no longer seemed that way to Tsuuki; Hana wasn't another burden to Dinn, but a reinforcement. Responsible, focused, patient--these two might be the only balance to the destructive formation of Supaiku and Tsuuki, capable of reigning in their potential and combined with their own unique strengths, shape the squad into a true force to be reckoned with.

Or maybe it was euphoria of his herbs, Tsuuki pondered with another puff from his pipe, hands sewing again while his senses buzzed for the next development.

(OOC: That's all I got, go on with your sparring!))

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:40 pm

The stupid staff was going to leave a bruise. Not the swollen, damaged kind, but a thumb-sized discoloration on her skin that did nothing but look ugly; like a drop of purple dye on a daisy yellow dress.

The thought irritated her so much that she lost the opportunity to snatch the weapon before Supaiku retrieved it, taunting her.

The unraveled strip of cloth returned to her forearm. She kept her feet light and eyes ready, but he wasn't moving. At all. Waiting.

Funny, he didn't seem like the waiting type. Everything about his appearance screamed that he was a risk-taker and man of action. Then there were his empty sword belts. And the odd taunt.

Think you could make a copy of anything I could whip out?

She hissed.

Another test. Another damned test! As if all the comments she had endured in her Academy class wasn't enough, as if all the sad looks she got from her classmates when they passed her in the street weren't enough, as if watching injured Shinobi after Shinobi fill the beds at the hospital, all earning their injuries from serving to fight that which oppressed the cloud while she played nurse wasn't enough...

"I'm not going to play copy-cat." Her voice went frigid as she folded her arms, relaxing the battle stance. "I'm not your plaything. I'm not here to amuse you. I'm not here to be the butt of your jokes."

She took a step back, now able to face both of her "teammates," as well as her sensei.

"I don't understand you two. You were born here, weren't you? Isn't this place your home? Hasn't this village, and the people that support it, given you training and resources? Haven't they given you power? They gave you that power so you could help protect the people who were too weak to do it themselves. Not so you can amuse yourselves with...whatever this is."

Her hands motioned vaguely between the two of them, fingers wiggling as if she were trying to shake snot off.

"I'm not from Kumogakure. I'm not even from Raikou. And yet I take this very seriously. I came here to help others. If you're not here for that reason, then maybe Tsuuki is right, and I don't want to be on your team."

Her feet went shoulder-width apart, her knees bending slightly. Her anger flushed on her face in a rosy tinge of her honey-colored skin, and with that anger buzzed her chakra. Her hair stood up on the back of her neck. Her eyes took on a shining green luster.

"But if you're not here to protect, then you don't deserve the power they've given you."

I'm looking for a shuriken about, oh, yea big...

Hana drew out the scroll Dinn gave her and held it above her head.

"So, I'm going to keep this for myself."
Tsuneo
Old Man

Next

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"