The Girl Who Fell Through Time (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: The Girl Who Fell Through Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:29 am

Omoi couldn't help but smile at the thought of wandering around his library, reading anything and everything on the first floor, but....

She looked down at her tiny, tiny claws. She had been so big before, big enough to hold any of these books in the palm of her forepaw, but now....

She sighed. "...perhaps another time for the books. You'd probably have to fetch any I read for me, aside from the ones on the bottom shelf. I'm too small for it." She gave him a rueful smile before cheering up back into curiousity. "So... you don't remember how your own training room works? When was the last time you used it?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:39 am

The taller man rose an eyebrow at Omoi as she examined her claws. It wasn't every day someone got to be young again. Even with Dokutoru, he had regenerated before but he would never get so young again. He couldn't reverse his aging, and unless it was a massive genetic mutation, he could never be physically younger than an adult. Omoi was in a unique scenario.

"Oooh, come on!" He laughed, voice getting gruff as he leaned over to give the girl a friendly shove, weary of his strength. "Omoi, the Great Dragonness! Always up for a challenge and adventure! Can't handle a book a bit out of reach?" The time lord grinned. It seemed a requirement to be teased by Dokutoru for any person to join him on his ship.

Fingers tapped against the time lord's face. "Um... well... I don't quite recall. There's sort of a dashboard and a computational program that varies the weights of things in the room... I'm sure it had to be recently. At least, I have been there before." He tried reaching back to remember, but he wasn't coming up with much. "Using a training room to train is so... typical. Boring!" Dokutoru explained, waving his arms as he spoke. "I checked it out once, okay? I was like sixty!"

Letting out a sigh, the man's hands fell on his waist as he nodded his head toward the door. "Well, I suppose we can go check it out. I think it's just a few doors down the hallway. No deeper, I'm sure." The narrow hallway beyond the TASAM's main console held about a dozen rooms, but beyond it diverged and went deep. Very deep.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Omoi snorted softly at the tease, both mildly amused and irritated.

The entire situation had her upside-down. Perhaps it would be good for her to live like this for a while, weakened as she was.

And then he waved his arms around, rambling on about how he had been sixty the last and only time he went into the training room, and she rolled over giggling in the water.

"Sixty, huh? And just hold old are you now?"

She glanced at the door for a long moment before rolling back over onto her belly and crawling out of the pool, beads of water giving her tiny scales an extra shimmer.

"...as long as it's not too deep... staying close, either way, though."

With that, she was shaking off the lingering water and hopping up with a rather awkward flutter of her wings to land on one of his shoulders and stretch around so her forepaws and neck were on his other, her tail wrapping around his arm as she draped herself over his neck like some sort of warm scaly towel.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm

"Oh?" Dokutoru questioned Omoi's actions, hands on his waist as he gave her a side glance. "You're going to behave like that and expect to just rest on my shoulders? Do I look like some sort of horse to you?" Dokutoru skipped a beat. "Don't answer that."

An exhale came from the time lord's mouth before he made his way for the exit, some extra baggage in tow. "If you must know, nearly ninety-three. Isn't it rude to ask someone their age?" It frightened Dokutoru how close he was getting to ninety-five. That would herald his return to his village, where they expected quite a lot of work done from the man. He had none of it done, of course, but he also found himself not desiring to return. His exile was more like freedom. He still wasn't sure what he was going to do.

"All right. Where are you?" Closing the door behind him, the blue haired man strolled down the hallway. Pressing himself against a door, he knocked on it, ear against the dark wood. "Laundry and snacks. Nope." A few more steps and Dokutoru leaned against another door. "Oooh! I forgot I moved the apple orchard up here. I forgot I needed apples. Why do I need apples?" He began to murmur, moving away from that door and further progressing down the hallway, nearly reaching the fork at the end of it.

With another tap tap Dokutoru smiled. "Ah! Found you, you tricky beast." As if the room was purposely hiding from him rather than just misplaced.

Entering into the room, it was a touch expansive with a white tiled floor and similar colored walls and a ceiling many meters high. "Forgot how bland it was. Needs a color scheme, eh?" He shut the door behind him and approached a counter just a few steps from the entrance. It had a similar appearance to the TASAM dashboard, though the controls were a bit more obvious. Counters, a small computer panel and dials. "Hmm... the operations of this thing threw me for a loop." It seemed the more complicated, the better.

"Let's try..." Hovering over one of the counters, the curious man turned the dial on one that read 'gravity'. The room seemed to respond, the tiles flashing various colors before stopping at a light pink as Dokutoru felt his knees jerk. The dial had gone to '1.2x', the gravity increasing thus to 20%. "Whoa. Well that's something. A bit dangerous if set too high. Careful with that one." Toning back down the dial, tiles returning white, Dokutoru examined the other options. "Oooh. Weather simulator? Sparring partner? I never realized how much work she put into this program..." Dokutoru was rambling again, clearly thinking of someone he knew from his village. This advanced training room didn't invent itself.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:19 pm

She grinned a bit at him as he commented on her climbing onto his shoulders; it wasn't a matter of considering him a horse, but it was the best way to not have to risk losing track of him with her like this.

And she did not want to get lost in the TASAM. Nope.

"Was wondering just how long it had been since you'd gone in there. Sounds like quite a while," she chuckled, looking at the doors that she still couldn't tell apart. It was a wonder how Dokutoru did.

Laundry and snacks... an odd combination as usual.

An apple orchard? ...well, she could understand how one could be on the TASAM, since she'd already stuffed a whole island of life into a pocket dimension herself.

They were almost at the end of the hallway, and she was instinctively shifting a little closer to her friend, when he finally found the door and she breathed a soft sigh of relief, looking around at the room curiously, and then at the controls--where her head dropped abruptly and she very nearly slid off of him, only her tail keeping her in place.

"...I think increasing gravity that much would be too much at this stage of recovery. By, well... a lot." She straightened, shaking her head and rubbing her neck with a forepaw, before she unraveled her tail from his arm and jumped down in a glide, claws clicking against the white floor as she neatly folded her wings again, sapphire eyes looking up at him. "As a start, though, can you set it to low winds?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:30 pm

"I wonder what else is in here?" He said, hands working over the dashboard as he inquisitively searched for more buttons and dials, or at least ones that were rather obvious what their function was.

He chuckled, tapping one of the dials as Omoi spoke. "Wouldn't want you crushed in here, I suppose!" The temperature at a noticeable chill as Dokutoru's fingers turned along with a knob. "Ooh. Well that's rather intense." He spoke, setting it back to normal.

Looking to Omoi briefly before turning back to the controls, Dokutoru's fingers crawled across the panel. "Wind, eh? That seems like something that could be done. Let's see... wind, wind wind..." There were was some fuuinjutsu scrawling along the dashboard, as seemed to be the Kouinjoutei's favorite form of communication. Dokutoru's hands stopped over knob. "Here!" Caution to the wind, as the expression goes, Dokutoru twisted the knob as gale force winds howled through the training room. This wind did not strike the duo, but rather just beyond the counter and controls, though the wind certainly did lick at their faces.

"Well, there's your wind!" Dokutoru shouted, his hand still on the knob as he debated turning it up higher. "Nearly hurricane strength!" He looked to the young dragon on his shoulders, sighing as he blew a few strands of blue hair from his face. "Probably too much." He threw the knob the other way, the wind still strong enough to stagger someone unprepared. "How's that?"

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Omoi just looked at Dokutoru with a raised eyeridge as he set the winds to hurricane strength.

Oh, yes. Of course a youngling would be able to fly though that kind of wind without breaking a wing. And a neck. And several other bones.

"Probably too much."

Omoi laughed gently. "A bit." Sapphire eyes turned back to the winds as he turned the settings down, wings flexing....

"How's that?"

She grinned. "Perfect. Now let's see what I can do!"

Crouch, one bound, two, and out into the manufactured winds, and suddenly she was a good distance away from her friend, wings flapping and eyes narrowed stubbornly as she turned into it, fighting against it; it was far from the best way to fly, but it would do wonders for her young muscles. And, though she didn't really notice in the strain... she was failing to hold her place, and slowly being pushed backwards despite her best efforts.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Arms crossed over his chest, Dokutoru took a few steps back to lean against the white wall as Omoi pounced into the fray. So to speak. Dokutoru never saw much worth in training, mainly because fighting wasn't his favorite method of conflict resolution. Another was how often he traveled and found himself getting into fights, that was training enough on its own. For other scholarly Kouinjoutei who roamed the world is searching knowledge, it was a requirement to be well adept in fighting so as to avoid using time and space techniques. Of course, Dokutoru was more of a rogue scholar. He hardly adhered to any sort of rules or guidelines.

"Oh, come on!" Dokutoru shouted, watching as Omoi began to falter. "I know you can do better than that!" It was strange, seeing Omoi in her weakened younger state. She was very willing to flex her strength and show off her abilities, and now a breeze could seemingly keep her down.

Dokutoru clapped his hands together. "At this rate, you'll be in the TASAM for years before you're ready venture back out into the world!" There was a sudden twang in Dokutoru's mind, that was the realization that she might literally have to stay here that long. She had her pocket dimension, but were there implications that as well given her new body and fragile state? "And I don't care much for pets!" He continued, chuckling to himself after. "Brought one on board once... sort of lost it. Kind of annoying anyway, good riddance!"

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:43 pm

"Not--years--just--a while! And how do you lose--a pet--in the TASAM?!"

Omoi threw a mildly annoyed glance Dokutoru's way before redoubling her efforts, chakra flowing and giving her a sudden size increase--

--which, though she was now beating the wind, had her spiraling down in exhaustion to slowly make her way back to her friend, stumbling and weaving a bit with her head hung before she collapsed in the windless zone.

She was now the size of a small horse... though the growl from her stomach seemed to come from a creature, far, far larger.

"Dokutoru... need... food... meat...."

Omoi groaned softly as the growl returned.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm

"Hey!" Dokutoru shouted back. Clearly the most important of the conversation was the questioning of his responsibility. "You try upkeeping the TASAM with a pet and then we'll talk! Besides, there's plenty of food on board... I'm sure it's... you know, fine." He quieted, arms across his chest.

His eyes fell to the floor along with his friend. For her size doubling, she seemed very much incapable of being able to handle the wind beating against her wings. Size doesn't mean everything. ...As the saying went.

A chuckle came from his throat before the thunderous growl. "Are you that exhausted already?" An eyebrow lowered before her stomach roared again. "All right, all right! Meat it is. I uh... don't think I can carry the amount you need without spilling it everywhere." He nodded his head to the door. "Come on! Unless you suggest I carry you." Whatever Omoi suggestion was, Dokutoru made his way from the training room and back to the part pantry part bedroom. His pace slower if Omoi was lagging a bit behind.

Flinging the door open, Dokutoru's eyes briefly grazed over its contents before taking a step back and turning to Omoi. "Go for it! You've certainly been the most... um... hungry guest I've had in a while." He said, sarcastic grin on his face as he leaned against the open refrigerator door.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:28 am

Omoi glanced up at him in wry amusement as he mentioned carrying her before shakily standing to follow after him.

She would explain after she had eaten.

She really did lag behind despite her best efforts to match his speed, but when he opened the door her eyes snapped onto its contents, just waiting for him to be out of the way....

"Go for it! You've certainly been the most... um... hungry guest I've had in a while."

A sapphire streak was all that could be seen of her head as she set upon just about whatever she could reach, phasing packaging out of the way, reaching for more with tendrils of scales, practically swallowing anything small enough and eating several fish whole, bones, scales, and all.

When she finally calmed down, an octopus arm was hanging out of her muzzle as she munched away, and she spoke around the food, "It takes a lot of energy to speed up the growth process like that, which is why it took me so long to get to my previous size before... was doing it more gradually." A long, pointed light blue tongue brought the rest of the arm into her mouth, which she chewed on for a moment before swallowing and releasing a contented sigh. "Taking in existing flesh, or whatever other digestible matter, helps to even things out. Using existing molecules also helps--a bit of restructuring, and most of it is useable. Though I can't really do that here." Sapphire eyes glanced around at the TASAM before chuckling a bit, looking up at her old friend, her head only a few inches below his now as she sat. "And anyway, did you really think such a small hatchling could fight the wind when the proper thing to do is ride it? I was doing well not to just tumble around." She snorted softly, muzzle raising in the air as she looked away... her new youth had certainly not affected her pride, tempered as it ever was by her sense of humor as she glanced at him with a grin.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 am

"Whoa!" He exclaimed, staggering back from shock and the force of Omoi shoving herself into the refrigerator. "Be careful! Don't break anything! Actually... I don't even know if I could fix it if you broke it. And I'd rather not have a repair-person come on this ship." Plus, they might try to tell Dokutoru how to run things. He wouldn't stand for that!

A horrified look crossed over the man's face as Omoi spoke with the food in her mouth. Never mind what the food was. Seafood didn't settle with him, but he had never had his stomach churn by watching someone else eat it. Until now, of course.

"What? What's wrong with... uh... here?" Hands on his hips, Dokutoru looked down to his companion with a raised eyebrow. "Well I don't know!" They left his hips and shot into the air. "How am I supposed to figure that? I'm not a winged beast! It's not like there's a manual or an instructional video! I can picture it now: 'How to Train Your Dragon'! You get sassy on a full stomach." He was one to talk.

One hand fell into his pocket while the other scratched at his unsaturated blue hair. "So... another place would be better? As vast and impossible as the TASAM is, it doesn't do well with properly recreating nature. It's all purely artificial. As fun as it might be to have a bunk mate, I have a feeling this just isn't the place for you to thrive and get back to speed." He said. "Any suggestions? Home?"

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Omoi snorted softly in amusement as he ranted about instructional manuals, waiting for him to settle down and eating another fish in the meantime, crunching away.

"So... another place would be better? As vast and impossible as the TASAM is, it doesn't do well with properly recreating nature. It's all purely artificial. As fun as it might be to have a bunk mate, I have a feeling this just isn't the place for you to thrive and get back to speed. Any suggestions? Home?"

The dragoness swallowed and sighed in contentment before looking up at him.

"Your first question.... What's wrong with 'here'. I can't take in existing molecules from here, because that would mean I would be assimilating matter that exists here... which is probably saturated with the same energy that powers the TASAM, or even just originates in a different time. Don't really want to try it. So it doesn't really matter if it's artificial or not, as long as atoms are atoms." She shrugged briefly before tilting her head to the side in thought. "...my pocket dimension would do for now. Though I'll end up having to go back out into the world at some point to replace the absorbed matter...."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:09 am

"Oh, you worry too much!" Dokutoru said, hands on the counter as he leaned back against it. "The TASAM was built with safety of others in mind. If you spent all your time in further depths of the TASAM, then we'd have a problem." He paused for a moment, visibly thinking as indicated by the scrunching of his face. "Well... maybe better safe than sorry for now. Who knows how sensitive you might be to the TASAM's energy and the time vortex. Best to get you off this ship, anyway."

Dokutoru didn't have much problem agreeing with Omoi's suggestion. Fresh air would do her well. Even though the TASAM's filtration system was superb, and there was a wooded area where she-- oh. He wasn't saying any of this out loud.

"Yes!" Snapping himself out of his deeper thoughts. "Yes. That sounds like a good idea. The TASAM... she just can't... recreate nature. Not properly. Not really." Dokutoru threw his arm toward the direction of the door. Sliding around the counter, he headed in the direction. "My people could alter genetics, used time to rewrite our own personal history, they could make bigger-on-the-inside time machines! But, alas, they could not make nature. Not in her full glory. That really poked and prodded at some of the more prideful of my people. They're still tinkering away at how to perfect it. A lost cause."

Clambering down the metal steps from the hallway to the central console, Dokutoru whipped around the now green glowing cylinder-- as before it had been orange-- and flicked and hit switches. "Time and nature... once cannot exist without the other. But to combine them both, to have them both together... it's not possible. I've met men who tried. They either went insane or... I stopped them. Either way. A dangerous road." The ship groaned and shook as Dokutoru spoke, stopping but a few moments later at their destination. Dokutoru had only been flung a couple meters. "It's easier to get to your dimension with you on board. I tried once while you weren't here, my poor old girl practically bounced off of it." Having Omoi within the ship allowed it to use her like a sort of tracking device. A homing beacon, even.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:57 am

Omoi chuckled softly during his ramblings, having glided after her old friend to fly around in small circles as the TASAM groaned. "It's a good thing I'm not interested in learning how to manipulate time, then. Would be a mess to try to, anyway."

A quick dodge away from the walls and the central console later, and Omoi landed beside Dokutoru as the time machine stopped, tilting her head to the side.

"Is it really that hard for you to get there without me? I know you managed it at least once, thought you used the tag I gave you or just homed in on me, since the old girl probably recognizes me by now."

Sapphire eyes turned up to the green-glowing cylinder as Omoi smiled affectionately before heading for the door, claws clicking against the metal, and stopping to wait for Dokutoru in front of it.
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways