The Girl Who Fell Through Time (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: The Girl Who Fell Through Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:48 pm

He grinned. "I have a hard enough time controlling... uh... time! It's certainly a mess." Dokutoru said, tripping over his own words as he spoke.

Shaking his head, the man gave a sigh of relief as the TASAM had fully settled. Certain things made the old girl have more turbulence than others. Long distances through time and space was the most common, but on the rare occasion he had to travel to other dimensions was one as well. Anomalies in space-time, traveling to places where there is interference, or even just the occasional glitch.

"Oh yeah. Very tough." He said, flattening the maroon frock that covered the rest of his fashionable outfit. "The tag helps too! I doubt I'd even be able to get there without it! I bet if I had a newer model TASAM she'd be able to make the squeeze through dimensions." His tone quieted a bit as his eyes flickered away the TASAM's central cylinder. "Uh... no offense, of course!" He added. The last thing he wanted was his ship to get temperamental on him.

Dokutoru trotted over to Omoi, one hand on the frame of the TASAM as its door-turned-petal opened to his companion's pocket dimension. "You good? Got everything? Need something?" He asked in quick succession.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Omoi thought quietly for a long moment before chuckling softly. "I guess my pocket dimension really is a reasonably safe refuge, if even you have trouble getting to it... though I doubt it's completely safe."

She shook her head briefly before looking up at him with a fanged smile.

"Yes, I've got everything. Didn't really bring much with me to begin with. As for need... it's not really a need, but if you'd like to come keep me company for a little while longer I'd appreciate it. Though if you'd rather not, I've at least got my librarian to talk to. So... whichever you'd prefer, Dokutoru."

Her smile gentled then, eyes softening. She was still so small compared to her original size, but at least she was showing the same strength she always seemed to have now, despite what had happened.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:04 pm

"Oooh, don't worry about that!" He reached out and gave her a gentle push against her more scaly skin. "Certainly safe! The TASAM just needs an upgrade or two." Rubbing his hands together, Dokutoru looked back to the interior of his TASAM. It would be a lot of work to operate on her, and there would probably be many more problems created than solved. This was far beyond Dokutoru's range of knowledge.

A smirk crossed Dokutoru's face. "A librarian? Well, it seems like you have plenty to talk about with them! I love a nice chat with someone who has read so many books. They haven't lost their sense of imagination and child-like wonder." Stepping out from the TASAM, Dokutoru snapped his fingers and the petal to the ship closed.

He shrugged, hands ending up on his hips. "But, you'd like more time with boring old me, I guess that is your loss." He wondered if he'd be able to get someone to manage his library. Though, given the amount of dangerous knowledge in it maybe that wasn't the best idea. "...Where exactly are we?"

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 am

Omoi chuckled softly. "He is quite the character. Ever heard of a satyr?"

Sapphire eyes turned to the world around them as they stepped out of the TASAM... and she paused.

Orange skies... a forest of purple... black clouds in the sky.

"...this... feels like a dream I once had."

She lightly stepped forward, looking down at a flower, purple stem spreading out into black and white petals.

A soft frown tugged at her lips, trying to remember, accessing her old, saved memories... before looking at one rock in particular, green and covered in purple moss, crawling up to sit atop it and stare at a spot adjacent.

Her eyes widened.

"...no. Not a dream. A different... place. I was here once, with Kaitou-kun. And Raika. But... I don't remember how we got back. It was just a blue flash that got us here...."

She stared up at the orange sky for a long moment before looking to Dokutoru in concern. "This isn't ours. Not my pocket dimension, not our home. How did we get here so easily?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:18 pm

"A dream?" Dokutoru asked, taking a few steps around the edge of the TASAM, one hand running along the white petal. "Dreams can reveal what our mind has trouble processing. Unravel the stress and emotions that we don't allow ourselves to express." He knew first hand.

The grass bent at his whim as he moved over to the younger girl. He thought he was being wise and philosophical, but that was blown out of the water when Omoi revealed it to just be a memory.

He blew a strand of blue hair out of his face. "...A memory? Are you sure?" Dokutoru bent down to observe the same flower the dragoness had been looking at before. "After I regenerated some of my memories became... clogged. Even know I will suddenly remember things I thought I had forgotten. It's always so odd, because it's memories from the past me. I'm still me, but... the old Dokutoru. He saw things differently, remembering things from his perspective is like watching a movie." His tone quieted as he spoke, clearly it was a bit of a sore subject.

"This isn't your pocket dimension?" Dokutoru pointed at the young woman, turning on his heel to examine the rest of his surrounding. "No. I suppose you're right." He added, scratching at his dull blue hair before turning back to his companion. "The TASAM locked onto you, Omoi. She was using you as a signal to follow. Wherever we are, you must know what it is. The TASAM is funny like that, taking me places I never thought I needed to go. Whether intentional or not, maybe you need to be here."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:43 am

Omoi listened quietly as he talked about old memories, old ways of seeing things... and a small smile formed on her muzzle.

"...you know... I think everyone has times like that. Kind of like how you'll meet someone, become friends with them... and later you'll have trouble remembering that it was that friend doing something when you didn't know them as well. And if life changes drastically enough...."

Her smile saddened briefly before she shook her head, climbing down from her rock and running her head under his hand before padding lightly back towards the TASAM.

"...maybe I'm needed here... or maybe she noticed I wasn't ready to go home just yet. But I'll have to finish growing before we go on any more adventures, so I should get on that. Too dangerous otherwise."

She chuckled softly, pausing on the petal-door of the TASAM to look back at him. "Shall we try to get back again? I think I'm ready now."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:40 pm

"I guess that's up for you to decide." Dokutoru responded, putting resistance against Omoi as she pushed against his hand. He rubbed the part of her head and back that he could as she began to trot away.

"The universe as a funny way of working out. No matter where you may end up in life, however random it seems, it's always for a reason." He continued, looking over the unfamiliar landscape again. "I don't think this will be the last time you'll end up here." His hands rubbed together as he briefly teethed his inner cheek. "Unless this detour was meant for me." A chuckle quickly followed, arms falling to his side as he follow behind Omoi as she headed to the TASAM. "Doubt it. Your memories. Must be for you. I think the TASAM likes you more, anyhow." He kept the grin on his face as he snapped his fingers, the petal to the ship unfolding and falling to act as a bridge for the duo.

A hand extended forward as his companion requested to depart. "Beauty before age."

Both in the TASAM, Dokutoru played the TASAM dashboard like a piano. Stroking the final key, the ship quaked and groaned as it hopped from one pocket dimension to another. "This time, bring us the place I requested!" He shouted, holding onto the railing as his voice aimed for the glowing green wisps contained in the central glassy cylinder.

Calm again, Dokutoru took a step away from the metal railing. He fixed the maroon frock around his torso and adjusted the rose on his lapel. "This should be it." He stated, clattering down the steps to the floor and pushing a hand against the exit to push open the white petal that lead to the outside world. "I can never figure out the TASAM's method of figuring out where to go. If she hones in on someone, it could be deeper than someone's thoughts. It could be their past desires or wants, or maybe their future wants. Or wants they didn't know they wanted." Rambling, the man turned to Omoi as she approached him and the exit of the TASAM. The ship had landed in the room that Omoi had given Dokutoru in case he needed a place to stay outside his unreliable vehicle. "Who knows." He smiled.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 am

Omoi nodded quietly as they stood near the door of the TASAM, her tail slowly swishing back and forth....

"...the last time I ended up in that place, I was numb and I found Kaitou-kun for the first time in a long while... so maybe." She chuckled softly and shrugged. "Not really sure what wants she'd be locking onto, though. But...."

The young dragoness looked up at her old friend before coming closer to stand on her hind legs, paws on his chest and neck arching around in an odd, serpentine hug.

"Try not to get yourself hurt too badly while I'm recovering, Dokutoru. I'll see you later."

And with that, she dropped back to all fours, flashed him a fanged smile, and headed back out the door into the room she'd given him, safe back in her pocket dimension....
Raika

Previous

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways