Working on a clan...

Do you have a question on the system? Do you have an idea to make it better? Post here! Good ideas come from everywhere, don't be shy.

Working on a clan...

PostPosted by ForsakenM~ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 pm

I originally got approved on another site, but that site deleted everything in a reboot, and I apparently never saved the approved (and much more balanced version) of it.

Basically, the idea is that the clan members fight through music. Since the human ear can here sounds within a range between 0.7 inches and 56ft, I can understand any mods complaint that having jutsu go off due to hearing is pretty powerful. Add to the fact that some of these techniques actually damage (and later on can kill), I myself agree that they need to be toned down. Here is an example:

Spoiler:
Name: Pojishon no Ikō-Position Transitioning

Type: Ninjutsu

Element: N/A

Description: Named after the transitioning between positions when playing music, user must play/sing a note, and then transition in one way or another (lower/higher note) and play/sing another note. If user is attacked at anytime after this is played, user will disappear and re-appear # of feet away from the opponent. # is determined by how many notes were between the first and second note played.

This one seems fine, but this is an example of one that does not effect the foe, but rather the user. Here is one that effects the foe:

Spoiler:
Name: Nise Taimingu: Adājo-False Timing: Adagio

Type: Genjutsu

Element: N/A

Description: This jutsu’s purpose is to make the opponent think that they are moving in slow motion. This will mess with their judgment with using techniques and with everyday skills. At C-Rank, this jutsu lasts for 7 posts. B-Rank: 15 posts; A-Rank: 20 posts; S-Rank: 30 posts. Jutsu will stay in effect for the number of notes the user plays/sings.

Even though all this does is make the opponent feel like that are in the Matrix even though they aren't, this is still super powerful.

Originally designed with nearly no restricts, I'm wondering if adding these three things will make this approvable:

1. I've made it that lower-ranked shinobi have dedicated tunes/songs to their jutsu. These are unique to the player, but must be listed near said jutsu in any stats page.

2. I'm thinking of making any jutsu have a minimum-note requirement. This note requirement would be based on the difficulty of the jutsu. This makes more sense, as I have many jutsu here that work by adding notes to other tunes.

3. Back to the human hearing range deal, I think that the potency of a tune/song should be determined by a combination of Rank and Distance. My current idea is that we set a number of rounds that would be the average, with it increasing/decreasing in longevity according to the proper distance. Higher ranks would add a flat number of rounds to the number determined after distance, and a formula like this: A+D+R=#.

While I don't have all the number determined yet, I figured I'd throw this out there to make sure my time isn't wasted.

ForsakenM~

Re: Working on a clan...

PostPosted by MankouZero » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:03 am

This is certainly some stuff covering unexplored territory, as far as I remember from what I've seen on NC. Very creative, indeed. You did not disappoint there. PLUS, this is nothing too far outside the realm of the Naruto Univerese, as I definitely remember the Chuunin exam saga where the female of Orochimaru's cronies uses her flute to cast genjutsu spells on Shikimaru and company, with some impressive results. I would say this is not at all a waste of time, BUT for lower ranking characters to use such techniques would absolutely require some amount of "watering down" the capabilities of them to balance things out. Tayuya was able to perform genjutsu on Shikimaru that very closely resembled Genjutsu techniques used by Itachi, which is obviously not something that mere genin should be able to use... Nor even Chuunin would be anything but over powered could they use such stuff to that extent.

So, yeah. It would work. You would just need to put some thought into balancing things out in terms of power ranking. Good work, sir~

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

PostPosted by MankouZero » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:18 am

Actually, I lied. I almost forgot that I myself used to have a Koumori character that simply did ninjutsu by playing a lute. I had it so different hand positions while playing certain melodies acted as hand seals to complete jutsu techniques WHICH no one then seemed to have a problem with as his jutsu rankings reflected his power rank of genin. That would be the way to go I say if you want to have your clan characters use any type of musical techniques that do physical damage, or stuff typical jutsu does. Then you only need to worry about range just as you would any other kind jutsu; much less complicated; much easier to role play with as well.

Same conclusion though. It certainly would be something folks would find okay on here, as long as it makes some amount of sense when used in role play (according to NC universal jutsu laws((lol))), AND almost more importantly it is of the level expected of the power rank the character is at.

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

PostPosted by ForsakenM~ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:51 am

Alright, so I've touched up the clan, and one of their abilities is to manipulate sound. If you want details on how they manage this, go look at it.

My question is would I be forced into having Fuuton as one of a clan member's elements?

ForsakenM~

PostPosted by MankouZero » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:45 am

The advanced element, Oton / sound would fit better. There's a list of advanced elements in the jutsu creation section you should check out to get a better understanding. Sound element is a hightened use of wind chakra. Clans are able to have their bloodline include an advanced element.

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:38 am

MankouZero wrote:This is certainly some stuff covering unexplored territory, as far as I remember from what I've seen on NC.

topic6958.html
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by ForsakenM~ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Way to spoil the fun, Tsu! :P Only an old fuddydud like you could know of something that far back. I like what you had going though, yours was probably more powerful considering the times.

@Mankou I'm currently working through getting the current Clan Jutsu approved, after that I can pretty much get the Clan itself approved! :D

ForsakenM~

PostPosted by MankouZero » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:16 pm

I missed that one. Must of been from my time off. Was that when you guys had the clan making competition?

Anyway. Approval is no longer necessary. Things have gotten pretty lax here in that department due to lack of willing staff. There's only so many of us regular players. It's good to still make things as though there was need for approval though. Otherwise no one would want to RP with you for having ridiculously overpowered stuff or what not.

Glad you finished your stuff, dude. Can't wait to see it in action. Can't wait to make my own character from it, too, if you want. Things have been less busy this weekend, with promise of lots of work the days ahead. But RP is still something I can do on the side.

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

Return to Questions and Ideas