Almost forgot you (Ryuuchi)

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Almost forgot you (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by MankouZero » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 pm

In the days prior to the Samurai takeover...

"Target is in sight. Ready to engage." said Kairebu.

The ANBU Bolt operative, Soratodai "Kaidan" Kairebu had stalked his prey from the samurai provinces to the brink of the war zone.

Civil unrest was creating a fog of war.

Neutral zones were shrinking.

The Oda forces were so far in the advantage over Kumogakure.

War would reach the village itself within the week if nothing was done to turn the tide.

That was where Operation Cold Front came in, with code name Kaidan taking point on the key role; assassinate the Samurai Shogun.

Oda Noubuhide was the warlord over the entire samurai armies united against the shinobi of Hidden Cloud. Taking out the leader would help demoralize the armies that well outnumbered Kumogakure forces by about twenty to one. Several other Bolt operatives would be dispatched to deal with the remaining generals, with high hopes that the armies would come to peaceful terms once they were without a strong leader.

To say this mission was of great importance to Hidden Cloud was an understatement. What made the mission end the way it did was perhaps in how much was risked on this one mission alone. Especially considering the target in question. There was more to this army than what previous intel had received on just who exactly was ruling this army.

Kairebu had a gut feeling when he noticed there were only twenty five guards surrounding Noubuhide. He had gone too far in the mission to turn back now, though. He silently drew his sword and pointed it ahead of him.

His Earth Sword Clone Projectile technique shot out five blades to the spearman in the front. With his free hand, Kairebu produced two small weapon scrolls. Two swift motions of blood and a puff of smoke, then on the right flank their rained dozens of kunai.

Now the remaining fifteen were on their toes. Something farther off behind them finally caught Kairebu's attention through his chakra sensory. Something about the type of chakra and form made it far more subtle, and difficult for even Kaidan of Kumogakure to pick up. Regardless, he gave a slash to the ground releasing earth chakra to perform Earth Fissure technique. Instantly, a massive crack in the ground split beneath Noubuhide and his entourage.

Diving into the ground with Underground Fish Projection technique, Karebu shot through the ground at Noubuhide. With one arm, he snatched the warlord around the neck. The other hand put his sword to the target's back.

"Oda Noubuhide. Order the men you have behind to stand down." said Kairebu.

The answer he got was unexpected laughter.

"You're here to kill me. Don't mince words, shinobi." said Noubuhide.

A curious response. How was the man so confident? None of his men would be able to reach him in time. Most of them were disposed of already. The warlord had no way of retaliating, nor even gave any warning of struggle.

Was his life worth nothing?

Something was terribly wrong, yet Kairebu remained calm. He squeezed Noubuhide to abide the demand.

"No. I've had a good run. You forsook everything to take me down. The funny part is you don't even know who it is that is truly winning this war."

"You're the shogun over the united samurai armies of Raikou. Don't play games with me. Now call your men off."

"You certainly would like me to do that, wouldn't you? You don't realize the gravity of this situation." said Noubuhide. He began to give further hints to what he meant. "I'm a figurehead, and proud of it. The Onigami are the ones pulling the strings. I've lived comfortably enough being their decoy. Dispense me as you wish. I know I can die now, with confidence the Onigami will finish their work. You probably won't live to see Raikou returned to the glory and honor of Samurai rule. So, do your worst, shinobi."

"So be it." Kairebu said as he pushed the blade up and around through Noubuhide's heart.

Deadly silence remained over the lifeless corpse of the samurai warlord...

But not for long.

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

Re: Almost forgot you (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 pm

The ground began to tremble, the battle that seemed to be raging on between the ninja and the samurai suddenly came to a full stop from both sides when the very earth beneath their feet shook tremendously. Suddenly a pillar of silver energy began to rise on the northern edge of the battlefield, rising up into the skies and breaking through the clouds. After a few seconds the energy completely vanished into the clouds and silence reigned for but a moment, right before a giant silver eastern dragon came down from the heavens and coiled around a single man.

On the eastern side of the battlefield another pillar of energy, this time a deep crimson, shot up toward the heavens as well but unlike the silver one, it took the form of a great phoenix enveloped in flames that spread its wings behind a single man.
It was then time for the western edge of the warzone, a similar pillar of white energy began taking the form of a giant humanoid figure wearing a demonic mask and carrying a giant katana in each hand, the blades of the swords crossing behind a man.
The fourth pillar, on the southern edge, was pitch black and unlike the others released an overwhelming feeling of dread. The energy quickly began to twist and taking the form of a giant ogre that crouched down behind a man.

Samurai and shinobi alike stared in awe at the four giant monsters that appeared on edges of the battlefield, the titanic figures glaring down at the soldiers from either side menacingly as if they were eying their prey. It was then that the enormous beasts took action and charged forward, attacking the armies without discrimination, moving to kill soldiers from either side...only for them to vanish upon contact with the masses, revealing their true natures as optical illusions.
However, it was all not just a pointless show, many soldiers from either side had witnessed or heard about similar things happening before, many knew what those illusions meant: The Onigami Captains had arrived, it was their greeting to the soldiers they were about to either save or kill.

The most powerful samurai clan, what they lacked in numbers they made up with unimaginable power and an unusual use of the rawest of energies instead of chakra. A regular clansman was already a monster with physical strength far surpassing any man, but the Captains? The leaders of the clan? Their strongest warriors? They were demons plain and simple, with powers rivaling the strongest of ninja. Four of them made their presence known on the battlefield, no other Onigami soldier entering the fray for there was no need to waste soldiers when a single Captain was like an army itself.

Onigami Kenshin, Captain of the 5th squad.
Onigami Sora, Captain of the 6th squad.
Onigami Mojuro, Captain of the 9th squad.
Onigami Garou, Captain of the 10th squad.

The four captains charged into battle, slaughtering all enemies in their path like unstoppable typhoons.
But there was another...

"His orders were clear, he should have waited. I thank you for carrying out his punishment for us, but we'll need a new puppet now."

A man's voice came from a few feet behind Kaidan and the dead Oda, it was a man wearing a large straw hat and a mask with no features or expressions, his left arm rested upon the single katana on his waist while the other hidden under a cloak. His blue eyes moved from the assassin to the dead samurai leader, he felt like cursing at the man's foolish actions. The clan had ordered Oda to not move out without them, to wait until the clan had arrived and aided them in battle, not only assuring their victory but also keeping Oda away from assassins like the one that had just so easily taken his life. But like any Onigami, he could feel the energy within the assassin and judging by how powerful the ninja seemed to be, it would have only been a matter of time until Oda would end up dead without his protection.

"I can feel your strength, I will not hold back...and I will eliminate you."

Green energy began leaving the man's body, gathering behind him and taking the form of a giant green kirin, nowhere near as titanic as the illusions from before but only began the man willed it so. The illusionary kirin lasted only for but a few seconds before vanishing, but it was enough...the greeting to the due was made and the man grabbed the hilt of his sword, waiting for the ninja's response.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

Re: Almost forgot you (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by MankouZero » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 pm

The ground shook tremendously. Was there an entire army coming this way? No. It was a handful of warriors. Kaidan's chakra sensory didn't lie to him. These Onigami had enormous power in their weapons which they used against the other shinobi surrounding the area. Some work of sorcery shot out the images of massive monsters. There was no physical form to them, as Kaidan could guess.

Illusion?

Intimidation.

Kairebu knew the game well in this area.

"I can feel your power, as well." replied Kaidan, forming a hand seal. "I do not sense yours or any samurai's purpose here, though. So, death in some way must be that purpose alone.

Completing the genjutsu, several illusion clones of Kairebu swarmed about. All of them scattered distracting perhaps from the real Kaidan jumping into the trees. There were many uses for illusion that Kaidan implemented in everyday use. There was also a good purpose for the summoning scroll that he took out of a pouch into his hand. In the other hand, he drew several kunai.. With one, he produced blood in the tip of his thumb and brought the summon scroll to the ready.

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

Return to The Lands and Cities