Dreams of our Fathers

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Dreams of our Fathers

PostPosted by MankouZero » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 am

Redemption of Hidden Cloud
First Assualt Campaign

Jesheru was more than nervous. A meeting with a lethal woman the night before put dark imaginings of the works of his father. A Soratodai, and a Shinobi of Hidden cloud he was, yet more was at work unrecognized. A mask Jesheru held in defiance to the opposing military. The lone warrior was without his battalion armor. Instead he was clad in black, determining the best way of approach towards commencing attack in honor of Ronso. Something spoke within the sword to Jesheru. He sliced the mask in two with his father's sword. Then the ANBU symbol appeared in place of the lightning bolt. From the mask then arose an image of Kaidan Kairebu himself. Darkened from the death he faced, his chakra forced lived on in the mask, unlocked by the sword. Operation Naruto was in affect, without Jesheru even knowing. A comforting glance came from the image of his father before it turned toward the opposition. Kairebu then warped into his mystic form, the image inscribed upon his mask as well. The black dragon became flesh and bone of gigantic proportions. A hand seal was made by the draconic hands. From the mouth of the black dragon there arose the images of both Fenrir and Sunedo. Their task was to be fufilled this day as well, as they had trained Kairebu as a tired shinobi to practice the works of death until salvation would come in honor of those who defend life. The White Banner Battalion standard fell at the sight of the dragon, and the return of Sunedo and Fenrir. Not a single man was to be left alive. Yet in the distance their arose another man. His name was Ronso II. Son of the former Raikage, the standard he held was yellow as the sun. The rays reflected off of the mirrors of the warrriors who followed him, sworn allegiance to the persistence of memory of what the republic stood in honor of being.
The opposition called the man demonic. Heretic they cried. In response to threat, Ronso II lit his standard on fire. The signal gave rise to the samurai and warriors of the Hurusune. They unmasked themselves by the works of their chakra, standing in massive numbers against the front across the battle lines. Justice was to be given this day. And the Onigami were to be the first to receive.

What remains of the battle is yet to be seen, as the works of veils were made to protect those unable to stomach the works of those fighting for the unification of Hidden Cloud first... Then the unification of the East and West. The ?North and South had already accomplished their wars since days passed.

At length in the battle, the black dragon breathes once more, producing an image of Dinn. As well as Tategami. The rest of the assault would take their oaths to the test upon those not ready to die...

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

Re: Dreams of our Fathers

PostPosted by MankouZero » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:51 am

Joy's head throbbed. Her mind frizzled. She awoke from what was the strangest dream she ever had, if she could call it that. Her blurred eyes saw something within sight that looked like a disembodied head. A different head then came between, attached to the familiar body of Kyouichi.

"Awesome. Whatever the hell they did to you, I think you're coming out of it." said Kyouichi. Jesheru was there as without a shred of hope on his face until his eyes met with Joy's.

"Are you okay? Can you hear us Joy?" he said. This was a rare moment like this, and it made Joy feel angry.

"Of course I can. You can stop your worrying. As if it makes you any less useless." she said. Jesheru smiled in spite of her rudeness, looking to the ground shyly.

"The ones I could get to talk are still refusing that they did anything at all. The nerve!" said Moe. She was wiping her hands from grime and blood, stopping before the disembodied head with passive curiosity. On closer examination, the head was merely a wooden idol.

"Okay then. Before we get school back in session. What can you remember Joy?" asked Moe, taking a knee next to her.

Joy blinked, then began looking at her arms, not sure if she were looking for signs of fighting someone or finding more proof that what she now saw was reality. Without breaking her regained composure, she took sight of something or someone that Joy could assume no one else could see.

The plane figure of a dragon masked shinobi in old Kumogakure gear stood just outside the circle of comrades and friends around her. The shinobi stood at ease, and silent. Joy's eyes went towards Jesheru's sword, the very sword of his father. It was the same design of the sword the imaginary figure had strapped on his shoulder. What was different was the symbol on the hilt. The symbol on Jesheru's sword was still the BOLT Ops symbol she was more familiar with. The one she saw on the figure's sword was the one she saw in her vision like dream, still somewhere between reality and the surreal that Joy was in no shape or informed knowledge to begin to understand. At length, Joy contained her silence and gestured a shrug of her shoulders.

"Okaaay! I guess we're back to figuring out what we do next. That Royal Compound isn't going to commit espionage on itself, now." said Moe.

"Moe Sensei. We have to wait for the backup you called for and regroup. If we pickup right away now, neither of our groups will be in tactical knowledge of each other and we may as well be fighting blind." said Jesheru.

"Can we make up our flipping minds on what we're doing?" said Kyouichi.

"You can both stow the chatter!" said Moe. Her fists clenched for a moment at them, then relaxed. "Although you may have a point, Jesheru. Let me think on this one."

Joy took another look at the wooden idol. When it looked like a head, it looked like the same one held by whoever it was in her dream. Now that it no longer resembled that, Joy felt even less comfortable. The figure remained where he was, as well. Its silence quietly tested her nerves.

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

Re: Dreams of our Fathers

PostPosted by MankouZero » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 pm

The arrival of Musashi was met with uncomfortable silence. The samurai took a long look at the surroundings, then at Joy, then at Jesheru. Moe gave a wave as he approached, yet his gaze was intent on Jesheru.
"Did you know that this was an outpost used by another Soratodai? One by the name Kairebu." said Musashi. Jesheru's eyes grew misty and he looked around for signs he could recognize. Then at once he could see the remains of a tree trunk toward the center of a small clearing nearby.
"This is where my father mastered one of his strongest jutsu." said Jesheru. He walked toward the center of the clearing, making note of the dead tree roots still in the ground. Nothing else remained of the tree trunk that the boy's father once remarked about. Musashi came beside him. The samurai's eyes also recognize the power of such jutsu from the aged remains. Something else caught his attention and the samurai walked toward a particular spot. After kicking the dirt away, Musashi reached into the dirt and pulled from it a long black box. The samurai eyed the box closely, and lifted a hand toward Jesheru.
"Hold yourself, son of Kairebu. This is no heirloom." said Musashi.
"No way!" remarked Moe. She came close to the box, trying hard not to grab it from the samurai. "This looks like a code box! Not many Kumogakre shinobi used these. Least of all, Kairebu. Then again, who am I to say?"
Musashi let Moe hold it, and her eyes studied the outside of it.
"We might need some help from my brother. Code boxes are usually littered with hidden seals. Finding the right one is something Koushi could do, easily." said Moe. She took one of her poi and filled it with fire chakra as she swung it in the air.
"Would you really risk signaling for me? Then have every samurai in the know about this place, and you?" said Koushi as he finally came out from the brush. This startled Moe much to the surprise of her team members.
"I believe finding this box has immediately changed the tides in this war." said Musashi.
"I believe that's crazy. With this sitting here for so long, there's no way whatever information it holds is of any value at all now." said Koushi. Joy stepped forward, yet silent. The figure of Kairebu himself stood right next to Moe after the box was handed to her.
It shouldn't be too much trouble to inspect it this moment. Prove me wrong, or we may yet discover something that, of value, outweighs the shogunate itself.
Koushi scoffed and took the box from Moe's hands. Running his own hands across the surface of the box, several seal symbols could be seen outlined in many colored light upon the box. One set of symbols his eyes recognized and one by one the seals were undone. Koushi paused to look at the others before undoing the last seal to open the box. When open, Koushi's hands removed a scroll. He opened it curious to see nothing written on it at all.
"If this was meant for anything, I think it was only to distract from something else." said Koushi. All the others startled when Musashi drew and swung his sword. What sounded like a thunder crack erupted from the swing, and this broke a seal upon the paper causing it to flood with color in the light. All eyes gazed as the colors began to organize into shapes. The shapes soon became recognizable.
"Is that an overlay of Raikou?" said Kyouichi.
"It's a map." said Joy.
"It has much more than the Lightning Country on it." said Moe.
"The known world, from east to west. South to north. All countries and their cities. And all trade routes in between." said Musashi.
"All the times he went abroad. All those missions on foreign soil. This must have been what he was doing on the side." said Koushi. For a moment, the weight of the paper seemed to match that of the emotions he felt for his lost friend. Jesheru stepped forward this time. As he did, Joy could see the figure of Kairebu gazing at his son from beside Koushi.
"While the civil war started, there was an uprising. A World with No Boarders. Before my dad died, I asked him about it. He told me,
Drawing lines is part of testing ourselves. The truer test is not in drawing the line, but what convinces someone to cross it."

"Your father was wise, not just to say such things. But to hide this thing as though to forget of it even to death. To a mere warrior such as we are, it is but parchment. A learned mind, however. One with such a mind and a vast army could use this information to take the world as their own." said Musashi.
Joy took a closer look at the scroll.
"That symbol. What is it?" said Joy. It was the symbol she saw on the sword.
"It looks like the symbol for ANBU Black ops." said Moe.
"Is this what he killed the Raikage over? Is this why he betrayed his own country?" said Koushi, the weight turning into something else entirely as the symbol burned in his vision.
"Perhaps he believed that when the Raikage was compromised by Kyuketsuki, this would complicate matters all the more." tried Moe.
"There is no benefit in judging a dead man. Either he merely believed or he knew both the implications of this parchment and the actions of Raikage Ronso. What matters now is that we have in our grasp a bargaining chip, at the least. With this map, we now have leverage of a great deal over the shogunate." said Musashi as he came forward and took the scroll in his hands.

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

Return to The Lands and Cities