POLL: What two villages?

A useful place to post non spammed topics that relate to the site, or anything else of more sober interest.

POLL: What two villages?

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am

So up in the Idearium there's discussions on using a new system for RPing.

Who knows if we'll use it or not, but regardless if we do, there's been talk about trying to Re-Set the site. My suggestion is that we condense down into TWO villages, one of which would be "Evil"-ish and one which would be "Good"-ish.

We would leave the rest of the old stuff up for people to keep working on stories or what have you, but I think there's a strong enough interest that people want to just wipe the slate clean and give it a go from Zero.

That said, which two villages would you like to see?

Please indicate below. Also indicate if you ahve a Goodish and Evilish preference.

For myself, Suna and Kumo!
Tsuneo
Old Man

Re: POLL: What two villages?

PostPosted by Physalis |0083| » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Kumo and Kumo

Spoiler:
BECAUSE
I'M HAPPY

Tsuuki wrote:I took the Fluoxetine, not for the wounds but so I won't give a shit when I sneak past the person trapped in the car.

Since Youtube has so deemed it to be a travesty to host this video on it's site. I give you this link to enjoy this beautiful piece of artwork.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82733824/
http://gifsound.com/?gif=replygif.net/i ... CLoZ2Q&s=3
Physalis |0083|
▷0083◁
▷0083◁

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Suna for good, Yuki for evil. Or Konoha for evil, given its chaotic state. Suna has already been through the chaos and risen above it.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:41 am

Kiri and Kumo. Dont care which is which
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Art » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 am

Konoha vs Kiri? Or I am kinda really liking the idea of just starting out with two new villages...

Amegakure vs Kusagakure.

Its just that some of our current villages (like Suna and Kumo) have definitely shown progression and each have a unique feel and personality to them and I don't know if I want to give that up...as right now the way they are still have a lot of plot potential that can be utilized.

Potentially having one/two new villages I think would help encourage inclusion and collaboration which will help sustain the long term....

Just a thought.
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:33 am

Kumo vs Choco

You know which is which.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Art wrote:Its just that some of our current villages (like Suna and Kumo) have definitely shown progression and each have a unique feel and personality to them and I don't know if I want to give that up...as right now the way they are still have a lot of plot potential that can be utilized.

Potentially having one/two new villages I think would help encourage inclusion and collaboration which will help sustain the long term....

Just a thought.

Gotta agree there. I'd much rather it be new villages as well.
Though if that's not possible, i'd say Kumo for sure and maybe Sora
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Rai » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Would go with new villages. Too much baggage with the existing ones that's too difficult to familiarize one's self with without ready through a lot of very old threads, difficult enough for people not active in those villages let alone any new members unfamiliar with the site.

Fast forward a few years, the way the villages were going they were mostly dead or dying, have that collapse continue and complete forcing shinobi to unite in 2 new villages, have a fresh start without scrapping everything thats already been done.
Last edited by Rai on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:26 pm

How about to just switch over to that continent we (not that I did much, I was basically just watching) made a while ago. Tsuneo should know what I'm talking about. Then again it would basically cease to be Naruto. Notsure if that's part of the plan.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Yamamoto » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:18 pm

I thought we would actually be using the poll function here...

*drops ticket*

*sobs*

Go with something generic like Land of Darkness and Land of Light except all Naruto village sounding.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴
Yamamoto
Yamsalot

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 pm

Rai wrote:Would go with new villages. Too much baggage with the existing ones that's too difficult to familiarize one's self with without ready through a lot of very old threads, difficult enough for people not active in those villages let alone any new members unfamiliar with the site.

Fast forward a few years, the way the villages were going they were mostly dead or dying, have that collapse continue and complete forcing shinobi to unite in 2 new villages, have a fresh start without scrapping everything thats already been done.

I change my vote to Rai.

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:37 am

I guess I was thinking of it more as a total reboot rather than trying to connect anything with the past, but if you guys would rather try and keep some connection that's okay with me.

I was originally thinking that we would have two villages and run them in contest with each other, with a third being the sort of "NPC" village where we could have enemies fight or be part of the overall contest. What we could do is make the Republic of Suna be that third NPC. From what I remember of IC history, the stuff we did in Suna set it up well to be a bit separate and isolationist from the other shinobi nonsense, because of the whole governmental shift, etc. Plus it is the most geographically removed. So it would make the most sense to have Suna be the NPC sector, and then divide the rest of the world into a West village and an East village, maybe with the seats of power appropriately placed.

We could make the EAST village based out of Kiri. Kiri is an island, makes it defensible and easy to create stability in fixed landpoints like that, plus its history of being brutal would make it the ideal candidate for bieng the Evil-ish village.

We could make the WEST village out of where Iwa was, since that again was pretty farm removed from the center. OR it could be Yuki, since IC Yuki was very wealthy and therefore made it more likely to sustain a military force even after other tribulations.

I kinda like a Yuki vs Kiri world with a Suna NPC, actually. And then if we grow, we can add more in?

Thoughts?

Rai: Hi Rai. ::waves::

Kiyo: We could, but eh, it would be a hard sell for the rest of the site. I think I still have all the ridiculous amounts of worldbuilding we did for that somewhere. It was pretty nuts though, and besides Sasuke and Klee aren't around anymore and it would be weird to use it without them.

Yams: I never use the poll function, it's too easily manipulated.

Brera: Sora is a good idea too, since it never got used for anything.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Rai » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello, congratulations on your two sons.

If going with existing villages Yuki sounds pretty good.
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Well, If we do go with all new villages I'd definitely like to help create with one of them. But i'm definitely seeing Kumo being the basis for one if not actually being one.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:34 pm

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

Next

Return to Player's Lounge