Shadow Moses

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Shadow Moses

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Here we go again, another day, another subject. Drifting from his target, eyes falling upon the freshly brewed cup of coffee resting before him. Filling his senses with it's bitter aroma, Nyoko paused. "One- no two sugars..." he thought to himself before sinking two cubes and stirring.

Sitting alone at his table, he sipped his coffee while reading a freshly printed newsletter. Eyes scanning from left to right, he absorbed all of the small towns recent news and events. None of which were of much concern to him, yet still he continued to flip through the pages. While the coffee had proved to be quite the delight, his true reason for stopping by was... more business related one could say. Today, he was observing a particular young man of unknown origins. A young man who had something. Something precious. Something Nyoko wanted dearly...
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Shadow Moses

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 am

Cemented in his seat, Nyoko's attention stayed fixed on the young man. From his research the man was only slightly younger than himself, roughly 18 years of age, okay... maybe he was quite a bit younger than himself. Yet if you were to stand them side by side you'd have a hard time distinguishing which of them were older. A trait Nyoko had to thank his genetics for. Even if he did do a little tinkering with them to ensure his looks remained. Although he might be the last remaining Sannin of Otogakure, even he was fickle when it came to keeping up with his appearance from time to time.

The man, Sora, remained at his table. As per usual he ordered a plate of pancakes, two sausages, two eggs, and a cup of orange juice to wash it all down. A solid breakfast. Having worked his way through the pancakes he began to devour the eggs and sausage. The whole scene was quite something... lacking any grasp of manners for those around him he scarfed the meal down. Yet, considering his company, maybe it was actually Nyoko himself who would end up standing out.

Several minutes passed by. Nyoko remained reading the newsletter as Sora finished up his meal. After a brief conversation with the waiter Sora arrised from his seat and made his way for the exit. A few moments passed by before Nyoko made a move himself. Using his Giggi Splice he'd have no issue following Sora. Instead he continued to read while finishing the last of his coffee.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Moving with the flow of traffic, Nyoko made his way through the streets. Stopping ever so often whenever something caught his eye. Despite the current state of affairs around the world, the economy of this particular city seemed to be doing quite well for itself. Though placed between 3 major trade routes helped to soften the blow. The same could not be said for most of the hidden villages. Nearly half of them lay in shambles, overrun by vegetation, or under martial law.

"Would you like to try it on sir?" A young voice breaking his train of thought.

"Ah, not today my dear." His voice was soft and comforting. He didn't want to give off the wrong impression, he did like it... but he had no need for a wedding ring. Nor would he ever at this rate.

Sigh.

Looking to the sky, he filled his lungs. Dropping his head, then slowly bringing it up. "...marriage... heh" Shaking his head, he continued onward. His target had begun to move. Nearly mid-day. It was time for Nyoko to do a little soul shopping...
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:26 am

Making their way down one of the many roads leading to the outside world, both Nyoko and Sora found themselves in the company of many. Coming. Going. The streets were lush with persons of all different shapes and sizes. Even color. Just a few moments ago, Nyoko passed a woman with green screen passing through the gates. Yep. green skin. Had the situation been any different Nyoko would have been sure to approach the young woman.

Yet, that was not the case.

Nearly two hour had passed since passing through the gates. Two hours of walking... slow... dreadfully slow. Why was this kid moving so damn slow?! Nyoko must have wondered as he watched Sora about 15 meters ahead of himself. Still, he remained unnoticed, like so many others, he was just another face amongst the crowd...
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:11 am

After a series of questionable choices, Nyoko and Sora had finally reached the climax of their evenings.

Face to face, the two stared intently at one another. Unlike before, at this distance it was clear to Sora that the man before him was here for a reason. The beast inside him stirred at the presence of another Tailed-beast. Though it's presence was faint and relatively well hidden, the Gobi within Sora was immediately put on edge.

Sora, curious as to the man's identity spoke cautiously. "You were sitting at the cafe this morning were you not?" a rhetorical question. Sora knew the mans answer. "Why are you following me?"

Taking a step forward, Nyoko began to close the distance. "One could say i'm... coming to collect-"

"Collect? What? Friom who.. me?"

"Yes, that's correct. You see. You have something. Something I want. Something I feel would be better off with me. Someone who could keep it safe."

As one could imagine, Sora struggled to wrap his head around the mans words "I have something of yours..."

"Well. When it comes to right of ownership... that's a tricky subject. Yet the fact remains. It's in your possession... and I want it-"

Now face to face, Nyoko's vibrant cyan eyes peered threw Sora. Unsheathing his right hand from it's glove, he reached towards Sora with an open palm. "so if you please."

Like a fire alarm going off in the dead of night, a siren went off at his core. Jumping backwards, Sora came to a halt, katana in hand.

"It's futile... the deeds been done and your fate is sealed."

As Nyoko spoke, Sora could feel his body falter. The siren had been silenced. His sense muted. Falling from his hand the katana fell to the ground. Hands pressed against his head as he struggled to stand.

"Don't worry. I'm going to take care of you. Despite common belief, it is possible to remove a Tailed-beast without killing the host... or at least that's my hypothesis"

Fading to black,all light had been drained from his eyes as Sora collapsed.

"Not bad. He lasted quite awhile." Walking to his body, Nyoko did a quick series of hand seals. "I'm going to have to make it stronger for next time."

---
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to Townships and Cityscapes