A small explaination.

A useful place to post non spammed topics that relate to the site, or anything else of more sober interest.

A small explaination.

PostPosted by Physalis |0083| » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:08 am

Figured I'd make this topic so that people new and old, didn't have to search around to find out what is happening with the board.

So as some have seen Tsu is trying to give some new life to the site. And one of the first steps to this was to clean up some of the boards. Taking out needless ones, and combining others. However during this step something got messed up script wise on the site. The result is what you have seen on the main page.

However what you all don't see is the jumbled mess those hidden sections have become on the Admin panel.

As it is now. Everything from the General Section,down. Are uneffected by the coding mishap. However the sections you can no longer see, but can still be found through other means. Are completely unfixable from our end. I spent my time on the panel trying to see what I could move and of fix. However the end result was always the same error message.

So the following forums are still accessible to everyone, but getting to them from anything but links in profiles or the "Jump to" menu will be difficult.

Creation Section
-Character Creation
-Jutsu Creation
-Clan Creation
-Equipment Creation
-Unique Abilities Creation
-Specials Creation
-Uniques Creation
-Demons Creation

General Section
-Random Section
-Out of Character [OOC] Database & Character Extras
-Complete Profiles
-Ask The Staff

Role Play Areas
-Desert
-Roads
-The Seas
-Mountains
-Forests
-Canyons
-Railways

NC Rule Free Area
-Rule Free Board
-Combat Labs
-Alterverse

Now then. If you have anything in these boards that you would liked to be moved so it is more accessible from the main page. Then just let me know. Just remember that you may have to update any links you previously had for those topics.

Remember! In whatever you do, always have fun!

Sausages.

Spoiler:
BECAUSE
I'M HAPPY

Tsuuki wrote:I took the Fluoxetine, not for the wounds but so I won't give a shit when I sneak past the person trapped in the car.

Since Youtube has so deemed it to be a travesty to host this video on it's site. I give you this link to enjoy this beautiful piece of artwork.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82733824/
http://gifsound.com/?gif=replygif.net/i ... CLoZ2Q&s=3
Physalis |0083|
▷0083◁
▷0083◁

Re: A small explaination.

PostPosted by Rai » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:50 pm

I told them not to let you touch anything... EVER! but nooo, no one listens! *shakes fist*
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:54 pm

D;

We do need to think about whether we want to move or tough it out though. At least Phy figured out how to get some things working, but I don't know how well moving all the villages around is going to go.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Imo, I think it'd make more sense to flush out all the details before making too many changes to the current layout of the villages and what not.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Brera wrote:Imo, I think it'd make more sense to flush out all the details before making too many changes to the current layout of the villages and what not.

Why?
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Sliv » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:27 am

So are we allowed to post in the new character creation forum?
Sliv

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:44 am

Tsuneo wrote:
Brera wrote:Imo, I think it'd make more sense to flush out all the details before making too many changes to the current layout of the villages and what not.

Why?

*Points at what happened to the board*

Because of that shit.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Yamamoto » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:45 am

Tsuneo wrote:

Why?

Because you really don't want to [badword] things up more than they are. It'd be best to have everything planned out so no one has to go back and fix things again.
Yamamoto
Yamsalot

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:53 am

Well, imo having all the details and rules fleshed out will just make it an easier transition for those who don't have any experience with a system like what's been proposed. Makes more sense to me if all bases are covered before revamping the site... again... lol

At the moment, the new system has a decent number of people interested. But no one can know for sure how well or how many people are going to actually like the system once it's rolled out. For that reason I feel like it would be best to have a separate section (like you currently do) to use as a beta-phase for this new system. Only after it's been tweaked and tuned should the discussion of completely overhauling the current boards or creation new boards really hold any weight.

Till then, everyone is probably going to simply keep on going as they have been.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:59 am

silv: Yep

Everyone else, but mostly Brera: As you said, we are doing pretty much exactly that: seperating new tests from the old stuff until we figure it all out. I had no intention of moving village stuff around yet, mostly because it's not done being written.

The reason I asked 'why' was to illustrate a point: I need to keep bringing the topic up because IF we move it won't be easy to convince everyone to do so. I mean, look, people are concerned the board is going to break if we try to move stuff. But there are sections of the board that haven't been used since 2012. That's THREE YEARS, and yet people are still concerned about losing it. I mean, for the most part, all of 2013 and 2014 were just Lethe and Oddy RPing while the rest of us just lounged about.

You're right, we won't make major changes until we're ready, but I have to keep talking about it. People need to get used to the idea, because we all get very attached to things, even if we don't use them.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:14 pm

*Grumbles while trying to find 'Forests'*

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:35 pm

I get change is frustrating and heartbreaking at times, but like Tsu is saying, we could keep this ghost town as is until it's just the cockroaches eating at the ramen shop, or you could slap on a fresh layer of paint, call it a revolution, and see if you can bring new life to the old girl.

I mean, what would Oscar Goldman do?

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:53 am

I can understand that. It would just suck to go through all the effort, only to find ourselves back at square one. Now some might say, never know till we try. But every time changes have been made in the past, it's only had negative effects on the numbers. Not saying it's going to happen again. But it could.

Yet that's just my opinion.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Mr.Malo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 am

I see what you're saying, Brera, but I wanna have fun. This looks fun. Sure, it's different, but something needs to happen to get people posting again. Leaving things alone would just lead to more of the same. With some changes, worst case scenario really means nothing changes. What do you lose by giving it a try?

The people that are here will be here even when it's not very active. Vent will always have familiar faces in it. It's about engaging those people, and creating an atmosphere that makes new people feel like they can join in. A breath of fresh air will likely help more than hurt, if that means a new system, or just a storyline that shakes things up. As is, I get the feeling the current village system set up a sort of grid-lock that was hostile to sitewide plotting, and creation was never an easy process.

I don't like the idea of a new site if we can fix this one. People will be returning to this site to check on it. I did rather frequently when life started to get steady again... just to see what was going on. When I saw some changes were in the works, I got excited. I might have missed it if it had been on another web page.
Mr.Malo

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:32 am

This site may not be fixed, just as it was with the NC before this. And just as it was with the original NC, its dilapidated yet somehow still accessible database will remain for us to visit like catacombs for an indeterminable amount of time while we continue to thrive in a new, functioning area. The lifeblood members of NC are nomads, we wouldn't continuously rely on the latest free forum host if we were anything else.

Unfortunately, a tribe's survivability does not come from how strong its warriors are or how determined they are to live and protect one area; it comes from the ability to adapt to new threats and environments while continuously procreating. Heavens know many of us here are procreating (cough cough Tsu) but those lil ones won't be 13-years-or-older in time to keep this place going, so instead, we'll need new members. Will this new system bring in new members? Who knows! But we do know the old way is losing its charm and hold, on vets and greenhorns alike. So is it better to burn out in glory or fade away into obscurity?

The old members will know where to go; like I said, we're nomads, and we've moved sites before. Despite all the script trouble, I'm confident we'll be able to put up one noticeable topic at the top of the page that says: CROATOAN WE MOVED TO HERE.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

Next

Return to Player's Lounge