Reunion (Ryuuchi)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Reunion (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:13 am

The room was empty aside from Raika and Maya. Raika's movements, even if slow, careful and gentle, were enough to wake up a light sleeper like Maya. The white haired girl opened her red eyes, ones that were so much like her father's, and began looking around. The little light in the room stung her eyes and made it hard for her to see what was around her. Maya could feel her head one a fantastically soft pillow and the heat coming from the blankets she had been hugging, making the process of waking up that much harder, until she realized that she had been hugging Raika the whole time.

Embarrassed, Maya quickly released Raika and knelt down on the bed next to the woman, her face almost as red as her eyes "Raika! I'm sorry!" she apologized with the embarrassment perfectly noticeable in her voice "I wanted to see if I could feel the babies but it was so comfortable that I must have dozed off." she said while bowing her head.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:18 am

No one else in the room but Maya, huh....

And then she was waking up, and Raika looked back to her with a smile, chuckling softly as she apologized.

"It's fine. You're someone I trust, after all...."

Slowly and carefully she sat up, a hand on her stomach... and suddenly her smile softened. "...they're kicking. Here." She guided Maya's hand to her belly again, letting the young woman feel the movement within.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Maya's hand gently rested on Raika's bulging belly and her face immediately softened. The white haired girl could feel the kicks, strong and sharp which to her could only mean that the babies would be as healthy as the rest. Maya only hoped that their would not go through the hardships that she and her siblings went through.

Her free hand moved to her own stomach, lingering there for a moment as her eyes saddened. However, not a moment after, a loud crash was heard from the other side of the door along with some shouting.

"That's dad and Musashi..." she said with an eye closed while looking in the direction of the door. He hands moved from both bellies and she moved to the side of the bed, letting her legs hang there as she watched and focused her hearing on what her father was saying.

"One job I give you and you couldn't even do that properly?" she could hear her father saying as he held the frozen Musashi against the wall. She knew that Musashi could phase right through it and free himself of Ryuuchi's grip, but she also knew he would never dare to do such a thing "Those brats come around and you just let them get the better of you? What would you have done if Chika wasn't there? Do you have any idea of how much danger Raika was in with them around?" Maya opened her eye and looked to the side as she saw her father's fist rise, yet she could still hear the sound of him punching Musashi's face "Did you want them to get hurt? Is that why you let those two take you down like that? Was this some elaborate play so Raika would lose the babies!?" another punch followed, not even allowing Musashi to respond.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Raika smiled softly as she saw Maya's expression, only to look on in concern as the girl placed her hand on her own belly with a sadder expression....

And then came the noises and voices, and Raika focused in on them, quiet....

A soft sigh escaped her lips before looking to Maya, gently ruffling the girl's hair with a small smile.

"...mind helping me up? We both know Musashi won't dodge."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:44 pm

With a nod, Maya moved from the bed and skipped around to Raika's side, giving her a hand to help the pregnant woman get up and over to the door. The young woman was extra careful with Raika, handling her like she was a porcelain doll that could break if she were to drop or hold her too tightly. Though her attention was primarily on helping Raika move, she was also considering her father's attitude toward Musashi. In her mind, her father was in the right. There could be no risks, not even the slightest hint of one when it came to Raika's babies and Musashi letting the twins get close to Raika was unforgivable. Maya would have sooner killed the two than let her innocent baby brother and sister be put in harm's way.

Ryuuchi, on the other hand, was all but done with the conversation, throwing Musashi to the side like a dirty rag. The white haired man did not react, once again. As he heard the door begin to open, Ryuuchi turned to the man and imparted the final words "From now on, Maya will be in charge of watching Raika while I'm not here. I'll also place Chika, Noriko and Mana as additional bodyguards. Get back to work." she roared to the silent Musashi, who only gave a bow and began retreating.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Raika leaned lightly against Maya, letting the girl help support her as they left the room, witnessing the final bout of her beloved's rage and waiting quietly for Musashi's retreat....

Honestly, she trusted Musashi's skills and abilities, but Maya was far more comfortable to be around. And though the man had been taken by surprise, once he had gotten himself back together she had been completely safe. Maya was strong, Chika was strong, the others likely were as well, but none of them were quite so durable as the man who hated her.

Raika watched the man in question before looking to Ryuuchi... and smiling softly. "Welcome back, love."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Ryuuchi stepped over and kissed Raika the moment he heard her voice and his eyes caught her figure. The deep kiss even made his daughter embarrassed as she stepped back to let the two have their space. As he finished, his hands were drawn to her belly, gently patting it as he released a sigh "Shouldn't have left." he grumbled bitterly "How are you feeling? Is everything alright?" he asked the woman.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Raika leaned into the kiss, a hand slipping through crimson hair while the other rested on her belly, smiling to him afterwards.

"...I'm alright. I checked afterwards, and everything seems okay from what I could tell, but I can't say it's an all-encompassing way to tell.... Did you hear everything that happened already?"
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:07 pm

"Yes, I did..." his face twisted from the anger and rage that suddenly rose from his chest. Ryuuchi put his hand on the back of Raika's neck and moved his forehead so it would come into contact with her own "And you don't have to worry about anything. I will find them and I will rip them apart limb from limb." the aggression and fury in his tone was palpable as he spoke to her, looking at the woman dead in the eye.

"Dad, regardless of how they may act, they are still my siblings and your own flesh and blood! Nothing happened, just increase security and let it go." Maya suddenly stepped in, separating Ryuuchi and Raika so as to be able to look him in the eye.

"If they plan on harming the babies...they are less than nothing to me." he roared, unloading his anger on Maya and making the young woman flinch.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Raika met Ryuuchi's gaze quietly, recognizing the sentiments behind his fury and smiling slightly despite herself.... And when Maya stepped between them and Ryuuchi roared, Raika sighed softly, patting Maya on the head before moving to her beloved, reaching up to rest a hand on his cheek.

"As long as they stay away, I see no need for them to die. If they try to approach again, then we will take things as they come. There's no need to shout at Maya. Alright?"

She smiled softly, her gaze meeting his, accepting the anger and aggression and doing her best to slowly ease it before Ryuuchi decided to explode something....
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:21 am

His hands cupped Raika's face and his gaze matched her with an intense glare for a few moments before he broke away "I need to go hunt, I need to eat." he grunted as he began walking down the hall, heading for the exit "Maya, keep watch on Raika." he ordered but before he could leave, his eldest daughter spoke up.

"I'll stay here for a couple of days, but I can't stay more than that, dad. I got my own things to deal with." Maya's voice was determined and unwavering, the look in her eyes showing exactly whose daughter he was and what she had inherited from him, his stubborn personality.

Ryuuchi looked back at his daughter, glaring at her for a moment before turning back around "Fine." he said, before slamming the door shut.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Raika stayed steady under his glare, keeping her gentleness and her composure... but when he broke away, her eyes saddened.

And Maya would only be able to stay for a couple of days... and Ryuuchi was off to hunt.

She fought off the pang of loneliness by resting a hand on her belly and putting the other around Maya's shoulders, hugging her close. "...want some tea? I think I have some of my personal blend stored away somewhere...."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Maya sighed as she watched her father leave, but nodded to Raika, accepting her offer. Maya walked with Raika to one of the nearby studies where she knew they could have a comfortable time with their tea. As they walked, she could only think about her father, how he had changed and what he must be growing through. She didn't have the slightest idea about what she could do regarding him aside from accepting his requests, however she had a life of her own, she was done living her life according to her father's.

Maya sat and watched as Chika brought in Raika's own blend of tea, preparing it expertly and filling two cups on top of a small table between Maya and Raika's quite comfortable chairs. Chika took a step back, holding the tea kettle as she had been taught to do, keeping to the background as Maya took a sip and looked at Raika awkwardly, not knowing what to talk about. She had grown closer to Raika in recent times due to her father's relationship with her and even more ever since his return, but she still felt that the atmosphere between them was an awkward one.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Raika had glanced at Maya's expression while they walked, but said nothing, leaving her to her thoughts, only speaking in the end to Chika to request and then thank her for the tea.

And when they were seated, she took a sip before releasing a contented sigh... and finally looking to Maya again, soft concern in her expression.

"Are you alright?"

Standing in the face of her father's anger, seeing her father having changed so much... there was likely plenty on the girl's mind. There had certainly been plenty on Raika's, that day that she finally found him.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:11 pm

She knew the question would come, considering how she had acted since her father left and the silence, it was unavoidable. Maya drank her tea quietly for a moment, contemplating what she would answer the woman "Yes, I'm just a bit worried about him." she said, obviously referring to her father "He's changed so much, I don't think that it's bad...but, I don't know. It doesn't feel the same." she drank a bit more of the tea and placed the cup down on the table.

Ryuuchi

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways