Reunion (Ryuuchi)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Reunion (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Raika gazed at Maya quietly for a long moment... before taking another sip of her tea, eyes shifting to the window.

"...he's changed, yes. But... he's still Ryuuchi. Still the man I love, and who loves me. And still your father, who loves you. Back when I finally found him again... he'd changed so much that it scared me. I ran. Not far, but I still did. He followed me, sat down beside me, talked to me... just as he would have if I were upset in the past. Some things never change."

She looked back to Maya, giving a soft smile.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Raika's words were sweet but did little to comfort her, she could feel the changes in her father and it didn't feel right. Raika didn't know him like she did, she had seen him at his lowest point, but Maya had seen him at his worst. He wasn't in a bad place now, but he certainly wasn't the same as before.

"I don't know, he feels a lot more...aggressive. I haven't seen him being overly violent since he came back but something is off." she said, looking not at Raika but at the ceiling, however she then realized that the conversation was probably not the best for Raika "It's fine, maybe it's just me. Let's change the topic to something more interesting! Have you thought of names yet?" she asked, looking at Raika with a smile.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Raika didn't comment on Maya's words; that sheer aggression was what had scared her. She knew. And it hadn't gone away, he had just gotten better at suppressing it for her until something set him off.... And if he needed to let off steam, he left. It was why she hadn't said anything about his hunting....

Raika smiled in return, smoothly shifting her mood back to more positive things as she rested a hand on her belly. "...can't say for sure. We've talked about it a bit, but we haven't been able to settle on any yet."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:02 pm

A pleasant conversation she had with her father previously popped into her head, causing Maya to let out a laugh as she remembered his face. From what he had told him, naming had never been his thing, he could come up with what he called "cool" names for his techniques and previously for his personal soldiers, however when it came to naming his children things didn't go as easily. He basically adopted two strategies, either giving the children the name of someone important in his life or just let the mother decide. Maya had already received her name by the time he found out about her. Keiichi and Aiko were named after his father and mother, while Seiteki and Yuuko's names had been picked by their mother.

"You should have seen his face when I asked, he got all serious. It was kind of cute." Maya said with a wide smile "After a while he said he wanted the girl to be called Hasumi. Apparently he took kanji from wings and genuine, after his friends Raeve and Kiyoshi. He didn't even realize that Hasumi is a flower (Camellia)." she let out a giggle at the end, remembering how surprised he was when she pointed out that fact.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Raika smiled softly at that, a hand coming to a rest on her belly. "Hasumi.... It's perfect." A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she looked towards her womb, her expression tender. "Hasumi... now what will we call your brother? Names of people important, huh...."

Her eyes grew distant for a moment before she looked back to Maya and grinned a bit. "I'm not surprised that he's taking it so seriously. It's something important, and shouldn't be taken lightly.... I wish I could've seen his face when you told him it was a flower, though." Another soft laugh... and then her soft smile returned.

"What do you think of the name 'Akahi'?"
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:53 am

"Akahi..." Maya pondered on Raika's words for a few moments, her eyes wandering around the room until they finally stopped on the pregnant woman and her lips curved into a smile. She knew that Ryuuchi would have no objection to the name, not because he wouldn't care or lack any interest in the child's name but because he respected Raika's opinion. Not to mention, it was only fair that she would get to name one of them, having twins made it easier to come to an agreement.

Maya moved from her chair and stopped next to Raika. She fell to one knee next to the silver haired kunoichi and with her permission, placed an ear to Raika's belly "Hasumi, Akahi. I'm your big sister, Maya...Nice to meet you." she whispered, as if the babies would be able to greet her back.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Raika smiled softly as she felt the twins kick, almost as if they had heard. Maybe they had. Either way, a gentle hand ruffled Maya's hair, and a flicker of a tired expression entered her eyes. "With any luck, the names they've been given will lend them enough strength to survive what the world's become. Kiyoshi and Raeve.... I've only met Kiyoshi, as I can recall. He saved Omoi's life, and I've heard a bit about Raeve's strength.... Hopefully Hasumi will gain their strength and Akahi will be as wise, kind, and stubborn as Fei and Akane." Her eyes grew distant with that as she remembered two of her brothers-of-heart, one a statue and the other either searching for a new cause to support or already supporting one, though Maya would likely only recognize Fei's name.... But those two were heroes to Raika, always supporting her when she fell, and never allowing themselves to lose their sanity. With any luck, the silent wish with that name would be a charm of protection for her son, and hopefully it would extend to her daughter as well.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 am

"From what dad told me over the years...they were quite the trio of assholes when they were young. Always up to no good, but with little that could stop their shenanigans and whatnot." Maya said, recalling her memories of the times she spent alone with her father just conversing about his life, those few and rare moments he would visit her through the years "Apparently he was the most aggressive of the three since the others were more good natured. I never really understood what he meant by it until recently." her expression grew grim and dark for a moment, before noticing her reaction and stepping away from Raika, with a smile "If they inherit the personalities of their namesakes then I hope Akahi keeps watch over his sister, because she's gonna be a feisty one." she let out a laugh and sat back down, drinking the remainder of her tea.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 am

Raika grinned a bit at that, gently rubbing her belly. "With any luck, they'll be more than capable of looking after each other...." Her eyes were soft for a moment, reflecting on Maya's earlier grim expression, but said nothing, instead taking a long sip of her tea. After a few moments, though, she smiled gently.

"So how've you been since I last saw you? And have you seen Yuuko since then?"
Raika

Previous

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways