Reunion (Ryuuchi)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Reunion (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:18 am

A silver dragon stirred from slumber as a breeze carried a scent towards her, hidden in a crag amidst an old forest, mismatched eyes of brown and pupiless blue opening... before she rose in silence, keeping wings folded close and head low to keep her horns from bumping against the opening of the cave she had taken up residence in, breathing deeply as she viewed the world in split color....

Here. I've finally....

Claws clicked lightly against stone before she launched out of the cave and into the skies, winging higher and higher towards the clouds. She was in danger. She had to strike fast, quick, surprise him--

He won't remember my chakra. He'll see a dragon, he won't expect further. I hope.

She dove from the sun, light gleaming off her scales, making them shimmer, before crashing into the trees, branches snapping with her descent, a single large, clawed hand pinning the red-haired man to the ground with a snarl, eyes on him as fire chakra flickered around her muzzle, tugging at his chakra at the points of contact to try to weaken him as quickly as she could so she could capture him, keep him from harming her, keep him from dying, keep them both from dying....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Reunion (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:43 am

Such a sweet, sweet fragrance...

He stopped when he saw the large dragon in the sky, the cover of sunlight doing nothing against his special eyes. That smell and that color, it was all so vivid and refreshing that he could almost taste it. Ryuuchi did nothing as the dragon came crashing down on him. He didn't move, he attack and he didn't even try to defend himself, simply letting her large claw grab his body and pin him down like a lifeless doll. He had heard about her new form, which was why it didn't surprise him to see her like that, but she did one thing he didn't expect, she tried to eat his chakra.

Red chakra flowed from his body, swirling between them as it entered the dragon's mouth for a moment. He couldn't help but play around with her a little, seeing as she was trying so hard "That's adorable..." he said with a wide grin on his lips. The chakra that swirled into the dragon's mouth suddenly came to a halt. Ryuuchi's lips puckered and he gently began to suck in the air along with the chakra that she pulled out of him, followed by her chakra. Meanwhile his hands had been covered in red chakra as well as he gently touched her claw, also extracting chakra from her body.

"What a delightful taste, I could get addicted to it." he spoke with the chakra gently flowing into his mouth. Ryuuchi knew it was mean and he knew that he probably should go right out and tell her the truth...but teasing her was so much fun "Careful now, once my belly is full I might grow into something bigger and scarier." his words mocked her, as if the giant winged lizard that pinned him down did nothing to scare him.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:56 am

Her fangs bared into a snarl, dragging her claws along his chest--though she knew it was unlikely to do much damage, even if Omoi had tried to strengthen the transformation to make it a match for Ryuuchi--as she leapt back, crouching with a snarl, tail sweeping behind her to throw broken branches at the man as she tried to launch back into the sky with a soft growl.

That was reckless.... I know he has a habit of playing, but that could've gone much worse. And my skill is no match for his in chakra absorption....

Into the sky like an arrow, wings beating powerfully and rushing back into the clouds above, cold mist cooling her from the heat she had felt for just a moment, burning fire.

He would be after her any moment now if she had caught his attention.... So what now?

She had rushed into this, finally finding him. Her sneak attack had failed, it was dangerous to get in close, she didn't have good means of fighting at a distance.... Despite all of her preparations, she was feeling just how unprepared she was.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:14 am

Was it too much? He wondered as he got back to his feet, watching as she desperately gained some distance between them by going to the sky above. He hadn't expected her to actually claw him, luckily while his trust that she wouldn't actually try to hurt him was misplaced, his body had reacted to the initial pain. As the claw sunk into his body, the skin turned black and prevented the claw from doing anything more than a scratch. He did, however, realize that had she been serious about ripping him apart, then his strengthened skin might have been pierced. She had certainly changed.

"No...I can still push a little more." he mumbled to himself as he looked up to the sky and black wings slowly sprouted from his back.

He lowered himself into a crouch, his wings rising up as he curled up into an almost fetal like position. One moment he was there, motionless and focusing his strength, the next his wings swooped down while his legs sprung up, propelling his body upward at an impossible speed. His body began to change as he flew up, covered in black and increasing in size, morphing into a silhouette that was anything but human.

There was a large shadow under the clouds, a mass of darkness visible from above, rising up from the white sea in the sky that surrounded Raika. Two massive black wings broke through first, slowly followed by the rest of the body as the clouds spun and coiled around him. Ryuuchi had grown since the last time Raika had seen him, since he had taken her on a trip to meet their parents. He had grown, much much bigger than before, his draconic form being nearly twice the size of what it was before, but still black as the void. His red eyes locked on the silver dragon.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:29 am

He had grown.

Of course he wouldn't have been idle during all this time.

Of course he would grow, get stronger....

After all, all those dragons had to go somewhere.

A shiver ran through her form at the thought, keeping to the clouds.

This was a pointless fight. The last time, she had had Raidra to help her. Now....

...she was alone. Even with what Omoi had given her, what Nyoko had given her, she was alone on the battlefield.

And she would likely become a toy or die by the end of this....

Would words help?

No, not likely. But... likely didn't matter with the man before her, now did it?

Claws clenched for a moment before she rose out of the clouds at a distance from the massive black dragon, drawing up what courage she had to steel her gaze and voice, however rough it was from disuse....

"Ryuuchi Sasaki.... I hope you will pardon my manners, but I did not expect my safety to be ensured the moment I realized you were in the area. Would it be possible to start again more peacefully?"
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:39 am

Her approach was interesting. While, in truth, his original idea was indeed to tease her somewhat by pretending not to know her, the way she had acted and reacted was interesting. She was not behaving like the Raika he had known, then again she had been assuming this dragon form for probably more than a year. There was also the fact that according to information he had gathered, she had isolated herself after receiving her new form. At first it he was teasing her for the entertainment value, but now it was simply too interesting.

"Ah, she speaks..." his voice was loud and booming, a low but menacing growl accompanying the pauses between words "Not many dragons approach me with words, then again not many dragons know my actual name. I'll allow you to plead your case before I feast on you." his words were lies, but his acting was likely enough to fool even her.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:48 am

A dark laugh escaped her before she could think, an odd, brittle loneliness hidden deep within it.

"You are someone I can never allow myself to be killed by."

A fierce grin bared her teeth, a stubbornness in her eyes, a deep protectiveness and just as much pain--flashes of the woman he had known. And then she caught herself, shifting instead back to calm, a slight smile on her muzzle instead.

"And you are wrong. I am no dragon. And I know more about you than just your name."

Interest him, catch his attention, his curiousity, make him want information, try to keep him from bringing about death, and avoid worse as long as possible....

She was playing a game of chess in her mind, one that she had had far too little practice with over the years... but she had to make the gamble. She only had one escape path if he tried to chase her, and it wasn't one she wanted to use....
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Indeed, she was not a dragon. She was a woman, one blinded by love for the wrong man that led her to seek power and go too far.
He was suddenly overcome with a desire, with a powerful and unstoppable urge to see her face, her real face. His body began changing, returning to his human silhouette aside from the large black wings that kept him in the sky. He tilted his head and forced himself to keep the usual devilish grin intact. Ryuuchi's hand rose as he signaled to her.

"If you're not a dragon then show me what you are." he hesitated for a moment, pondering if he was being too obvious "And tell me your name, if we are to talk then I need your name, Miss Not-a-Dragon."

He really wanted to see her, but he hadn't expected that the small prank would be taken so far, but for now...he just wanted to see her face.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:58 am

At his request... she hesitated.

He would know. He would catch what remained of his scent.... He would probably know his scales.

But now... it was too late.

She sighed softly... and began changing back, shrinking into human form, silver wings remaining outstretched behind her much like his black ones.

Mismatched eyes of brown and pupilless blue gazed out at Ryuuchi from behind messy, silver bangs, long enough to partially conceal her eyes, hair falling to her lower back, silver lightning bolt-shaped mark over her left, blue eye. A white scar the width of a kunai's blade was at her throat, her body was concealed by a neatly worn black kimono with silver floral patterns, a pair of katanas tucked into her sash, her feet bare....

There was dark circles under her eyes, along with redness, like nightmares and tears had become too common for either to fade. But her stance in the skies was the same as he remembered, proud and in some ways like a wild animal, fierce and feral and free--but her eyes were clouded as she watched the man she loved, still cautious, still prepared for battle or to flee. Pain, heartache, longing... and an odd, silent resolve that seemed so very dangerous.

"My name is Raika.... Raika Hofushi. Never forget it."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

There it was, the face he loved, the face he so desperately wanted to see, the face that made him feel relaxed and safe...her face. But she had certainly changed, it was as clear as the difference between the sun and the moon. He had changed as well, but while this was evident in anything dragon related, his human form had barely aged, barely changed since he had seen her last. Raika, on the other hand, was not the same for the struggles and hardships she had gone through, the pain he had no doubt caused her, changed that beautiful face of hers. Even if to others it hadn't been an extreme and radical change, it felt extreme to him.

"Rai...ka..." this was no acting, he mumbled her name the moment he saw her, losing himself for but a moment, before regaining control. It was about time he finished the charade, perhaps a joke would lighten the mood and help with her not killing him afterward, provided she still had the ability to forgive him for what he had done.

"You! Arghh! You!" he began writhing in pain, pretending to suffer from the mere mention of her name and a glimpse of her true face. His wings suddenly stopped moving and he lost consciousness with a grunt, plummeting down from the skies, toward the hard ground bellow. He wasn't worried, Raika was there.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 pm

It was like the mask had cracked.

Her face, so carefully dispassionate before, suddenly flashed with hope at the way he said her name, a light returning to her eyes--

--and soon it became panic as he fell, and she moved without thought.

A loud crack accompanied her abrupt appearance below him, catching him in her arms with a rush of wind; it was no sonic boom, but it was close, and her wings ached.

But that pain was nothing compared to holding him in her arms again, feeling his warmth, and she forgot her caution in favor of burying her face into his chest, breathing deep of his scent, keeping him desperately close as if that would keep him from vanishing ever again, or maybe it was to prove to her that this wasn't just another dream....

"Ryuu...chi...."

Her voice broke, and silent tears began their journey down.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm

He could feel her warmth. Even though his body temperature was unusually high, hers felt the warmest. Ryuuchi pretended to have lost conscious, his body limp as she carried both of them down to the ground. Upon feeling her landing, droplets hit his face. It didn't smell of rain, it smelled of something that he dreaded even more. The smell of rain always brought him memories of the time when he first came to her for help, when he was a criminal yet she still took him in without hesitation. The smell of her tears brought to dark and deep memories he didn't want to delve into any longer.

His eyes opened as he hazily looked into her eyes "Raika..." he whispered as his hands moved moved up "...I missed your face..." he took a deep breath "...I missed your smell..." and then his face moved down, moving inbetween her breasts while each hand copped a breast of their own "...and hot damn, I missed these!" he shouted excitedly, accompanied by loud and joyful laughter.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Raika's vision was blurred as she listened, feeling his touch, watching him bury his face between her breasts, her own face coming to rest in his hair, quiet as she trembled....

And then she dropped him flat on his back, promptly turning and sitting on his chest, tears still streaming down her cheeks, not looking at him.

"...why didn't you say something?"

Her tone was quiet and calm... but the tenseness of her body suggested she was very much upset.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 pm

He laughed as he fell, as she sat on his chest, never did he have a bigger smile from sheer happiness. His hands moved around her waist, now that he had finally touched her, he was unable to hold it back. The amount of self control he had been exhibiting was tremendous for him, it took everything he had to keep it under control. After touching her the first time, however, the damn shattered and broke apart, he was no longer capable of keeping his hands off of her.

"I saw you so serious, I couldn't help myself." he laughed as he suddenly pushed her down and moved on top of her, kissing her neck "You know how I get when people are serious around me. I'm an asshole, I can't stop myself from playing around like this." he spoke in between pecks on the neck and collarbone, his hands moving over her waist and thighs "I love you, I thought it was funny...we'll just laugh it off later on, trust me."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Her eyes closed with the kisses, face flushing, but she wrapped her arms around him, holding tight, burying her face into his shoulder.

"Ryuuchi.... Do you have any idea how long I've been preparing to try to kill you if you were insane and I couldn't get you back?"

Her voice was quiet, fragile, carrying all the weight of that dangerous resolve he had seen in her eyes and breaking from it, trying to free herself.
Raika

Next

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways