A Sunny Disposition [Ryuuchi]

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

A Sunny Disposition [Ryuuchi]

PostPosted by Chiyoko » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:57 am

From the outskirts it was a small, quit and boring townscape, tucked away in the shadow of a mountain chain and mostly overlooked by any who didn't bother to find out what lay at the end of the one narrow path that ended between the huts.

Once, back in the day, it had been a hidden village, though no one now remembered which hidden village, what its name and allegiance had been or truly why anyone would choose the strange, abandoned location in the middle of nowhere. A few, sturdy structures remained of those glory days, but by now they were run down from lack of maintenance. Those who had the abilities to look to the outside world left quickly on coming of age, those without had neither the inclination nor talents to improve on what was, essentially, a well-functioning small town-society.

Or so it had been, before Chiyoko arrived.

The doll-like figure had matured with motherhood, though the lanky frame remained. Age showed only in the fine wrinkles near her eyes, if one should get that close. The black kimono that had once been her only clothing - a "present" from Ryuuchi, when they were still together - had been redesigned, reshaped and recolored into a white, silken-looking slip. Long, black hair drifted on the slight wind as she strolled along the main street, oblivious to the carnage that had consumed the village within the last hour. The street looked the part of a puppeteers workshop, corpses haphazardly tossed to end where they might land, or left stacked against the dry clay walls as if someone had found them to be in the way and none-to-gently nudged them aside. The dusty ground was a darker shade of brown where the villagers' life had spilled to nourish the earth.

A faint hum sounded in the silence as she turned a corner to enter a tiny tea-shop, the former owner collapsed across the counter, his entrails spilling into a tray of fine china. Quirking a brow in mild amusement, Chiyoko gathered a fresh set from the shelves and carried it to the table and chair in a sunny spot outside the shop.

Gauging the time from the suns position, she settled on one char and filled two cups. Aromatic steam rose and enveloped her, mixing with the scent of fresh death and decaying flesh. Reaching for her cup, she settled into a comfortable position with a sigh of content enjoyment.

He'd be here soon enough.

08/20 08:59:39 Sasuke: SHE'S A DOMINATRIX LARA CROFT

Spoiler:
01/19 07:11:55 Tomoushii: *begins letter* dear malo, just a note to say...
01/19 07:12:35 Tomoushii: ... and at first there was a whip...
01/19 07:12:55 mouse: A damn good whip, might i add.
01/19 07:13:00 Tomoushii: ... someone blindfolded me and whispered something about lemons in my ear
01/19 07:13:10 Chiyoko: Leeeemoooooooons
01/19 07:13:47 Tomoushii: and for some reason when i came to there was a chocolate statue that looked just like robert downey junior
01/19 07:15:33 Tomoushii: ... after the third day of eating nothing but strawberries and what i hoped was milk I found myself suspended in air...
01/19 07:17:40 Tomoushii: ... hoping you are well and either cleaner or less cleaned than i, Tomoushii

01/19 07:18:45 Sasuke: P.S. You're out of rope

02/14 22:01:51 Takeshi: Yoko plunders your villages and rapes your women.
Chiyoko
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

Re: A Sunny Disposition [Ryuuchi]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:08 am

The search had been for his son and daughter, yet he ended up finding someone else entirely.
Not long before two of Ryuuchi's kids had paid a visit to his pregnant girlfriend, their presence near the unborn children was undesirable to say the least. Keiichi and Seiteki had always been his most unruly and dangerous children, a pair that thrived in chaos and aimed to overcome and defeat him, thus the fact that they found his residence and met with Raika was unsettling. After learning the news, he knew that he had to do something about them and as such he set out to search their location, to teach them what he did to those that put his children in danger, even if the danger came from his older kids.

He tracked Keiichi through his chakra, the boy having perhaps one of the most familiar signatures in Ryuuchi's life as the young man had within him none other than an evolved part of Drake. Following the dark, twisted and malignant chakra wasn't a hard task to accomplish, especially with his eyes and nose, however as he flew over a certain town, something else caught his attention. This chakra wasn't like Drake's evil aura, but almost identical. He could feel the malevolent energy swirling around the village and the eye of the storm within a small building. He knew exactly who it was.

The streets brought back memories of the past, memories of when he brought only pain and death wherever he went. The corpses that littered the streets, haphazardly scattered with little regard for life and decency. They were neither good nor bad memories, they simply were a part of what he once was, what he used to be and likely a small part of what he still was. He wasted no time in admiring the scenery, however, for he immediately headed toward where the center of the energy was, where she was.

Ryuuchi entered the small shop and saw her and saw her sitting there, beside a set of tea that released a sweet fragrance that blended strangely with the smell of death that surrounded the shop. She had changed, not much outwardly but he could tell just by looking at her, that Chiyoko had changed. A series of emotions overcame him when he saw her, from anger and hatred to other, less destructive emotions he didn't want to hold for her. With a sigh he walked in, saying nothing to her until he reached one of the chairs on the other side of the table. His eyes lingered on her for a moment, before he sat down "Mother Murder was it? Doesn't sound like an idea you'd have." he said as he reached for the tea she had set for him and took a sip "You've been busy." he said, without even having to look around him for the carnage Chiyoko had unleashed upon the town.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Chiyoko » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 am

She watched him enter the small courtyard behind the tea shop without stirring, her dark eyes on the spot he would appear long before he arrived. Having to sense him was pointless - you didn't think to sense for your own limbs. It was simply there, always a part of you. Sometimes active, doing your bidding, sometimes numb or in pain. Did he dream of her the way she dreamed of him? Not idle fantasies, but those dazzling fragments of looking through his eyes as if they were her own.

Unlike the madness last they'd met, her face was pleasant, neutral, her eyes their original dark color and no longer the odd mix of gold and red he had left her with. Rather, tossed her aside like a broken creation, a monster no longer needed: a mistake. What were the words again? Her lips moved wordlessly.

As of right now you're just a former regret of mine. One I'll be erasing

That was it. But she hadn't been erased, had she? And here they both were and she could dwell on how he had changed, again, as he walked towards her. Tall, always so tall, and reaching an age where youth was replaced with a different kind of charm, but she knew there were still plenty of muscle beneath the clothes, how deceiving his lean frame could seem if you had never watched him naked.

Raika surely knew by now exactly how strong he was. Or did he hold back with her? Hide all that power, all his perversions, his beasts, far from her? A small gust of wind rose behind her, bringing her scent to him. Something sweet and clean, as if, like her exterior, even her scent had been polished down.

Perhaps he did not sense it, how intertwined they were. The way thoughts and feelings crept across the boundaries. Maybe this new life had dulled him, like an unused blade. Blinded by love?

How disappointing.

A small quirk of amusement tilted her mouth at one end of the full lips. Her elbow rested on the armrest, forefinger against the sharp, elegant angle of her cheekbone, thumb on the delicate line of her chin in a light support.

"As have you", she answered, her voice soft and pleasant - encouragingly conversational, as if two old friends had happened upon one another by a fortunate stroke of luck. She made no inclination at the emotions that drifted between them as he took his seat, but laughed softly, cheerily, at the nickname.

"No less than you, Father Madness."

She watched his face, the smile edging another inch upwards at his expression.

"You hadn't heard? I suppose you've had other things on your mind."

A cloud passed over the sun, shadows flickering through the courtyard, passing over her fine features. For a moment, he sat across from a creature painted in sharp contrasts, the smile turned to a grimace of menace. Something unnatural. An alien thing that spoke to the most basic, human instinct. 'It is strange, kill it.'
Killing intent filled the air like the cloying stench of the deaths nearby, halting the spin of time as nerves perked and adrenaline boosted senses in a sharp, painful thrust of blood through veins.

In just a fraction of a second, the air promised an attack, instincts screamed to be ready for battle - and then the cloud passed.

Chiyoko smiled pleasantly at him.

"Kids will be kids", she responded cryptically, making no further comment on the carnage around them. Perhaps a flicker in the dark eyes - regret? Pride? Disapproval? It was difficult to tell on the blank face.

Reaching for the teapot, she refilled both their cups with precise, delicate movements.

"I imagine you're looking for your eldest spawn?"

Her eyes rose over the teapot between them, catching his gaze. Her pupils, large and dark, held a simple, friendly curiosity.

Spoiler:
01/19 07:13:00 Tomoushii: ... someone blindfolded me and whispered something about lemons in my ear
01/19 07:13:47 Tomoushii: and for some reason when i came to there was a chocolate statue that looked just like robert downey junior
01/19 07:15:33 Tomoushii: ... after the third day of eating nothing but strawberries and what i hoped was milk I found myself suspended in air...
01/19 07:17:40 Tomoushii: ... hoping you are well and either cleaner or less cleaned than i, Tomoushii

Chiyoko
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Last time he had seen her in the flesh, Chiyoko had been a vile curse upon his life. Although, admittedly, one that he had created and engineered himself, this it wasn't too farfetched an idea that it would have eventually backfire on him. To him, however, there were still rare good moments before everything went to hell. He had always known of her hatred for him and it was understandable and expected, he was always well aware of the fact that were it not for the fact that he was stronger than her and that she had a leash on, she would have done unspeakable things to him. His suspicions had been confirmed when she finally got the jump on him, when she struck as he least expected and did as she pleased while he was under her thumb. Ryuuchi had done horrible and unforgiven things to Chiyoko throughout the years, it was only natural that she would want payback. Still, even knowing how she felt, there was still a part of him that enjoyed her presence. At first she had been nothing more than a toy, a slave, a tool he would use for his own enjoyment and to satisfy his curiosity but she evolved into something beyond that...it was perhaps the biggest mistake of his life, letting her grow.

The sight of what lay behind the mask showed him how far she had gotten in the time they were apart. She wasn't even close to the innocent girl he picked up and branded, far from the quiet and serious queen of the damned he had made her into, something more than what she had once been...something more dangerous. The sight didn't break his composure but it did sharpen his senses, acknowledging her as a true danger. However, she hadn't been the only one that had changed and grown.

"He's at a rebellious age, but I'll put him in his place soon enough." he brushed off the topic in between sips, not wanting to tell the woman much information. He was aware that she likely already knew about Raika and her pregnancy but it was better to be safe than sorry, there never being a need to release more information than necessary.

Ryuuchi knew little of the life Chiyoko had lived after the last time they had seen each other, however his ventures were known, though perhaps attributed to him. People believe him to be softer and that his claws had grown blunt and useless compared to his former self, the self where insanity controlled mind and evil filled his body. He hadn't become a good person or a worst one since, he simply became more true to himself. His relationship with Raika hadn't made him weaker nor stronger, he changed from being true to himself, not controlled or influenced by a monster inside him but letting himself return to the way he should have been all along.

"You've truly grown even more beautiful since the last time I saw you." he said as he took a sip and moved the cup down. His eyes focused on her's with a sharp and intense glare "Shame that whenever I look at you, I feel like ripping you apart." he spoke in a low and calm tone, his eyes fixed on her at all times.

Chiyoko had shown her true face, it had been almost like a greeting. He would do the same, not to compare powers but to show her that she wasn't the only monster in the room.
The moment the cup touched the table, in that fraction of a second, Ryuuchi released what he had been restraining, just a fleeting glimpse. Ryuuchi didn't sit before her but rather a beast. While Chiyoko appealed to the unnerving and fearsome unknown, making people dread the alien creature that triggered either a fight or flight response, he triggered the same feelings but because of something very well known to humans. The form of a dark and large beast with deep red eyes stared back at Chiyoko, it wasn't alien but a figure that pulled men back to a more primitive and primal time. A time when men were hunted down but creatures more deadly than them, bringing forth that feeling not to fight for it was an impossible task but to run and maybe survive a few seconds longer. A vicious and primal rage could be seen int he red eyes of the beast, but as quickly as it appeared, it vanished...in the blink of an eye.

Ryuuchi had spent his time hunting, accepting what he was...a predator. Chiyoko awakened many different feelings within him, including primal violence and savagery.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Chiyoko » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:30 pm

"Will you? I wonder..", she muttered softly, raising her cup, although not drinking. She simply watched him over its rim, through the steam. His next comment didn't look to phase her, if not for some small shift that acknowledged that she had heard it. Turning a head to the side, she put her face in the light of a stray ray of sun and closed her eyes, enjoying the heat on her skin.

Warmth. Sun. How long had she gone without that in Ryuuchi's underground lairs, one after another, until she lost count of dark rooms and muffled screams from creatures that had never seen sunlight.

All in the past.

Her voice continued, untouched, either ignoring his rudeness or merely deciding it wasn't worth spending breath on.

"It's a shame, isn't it? So many children, yet none of them look to you as a father. None of them love you."

Opening her eyes, she turned her face back to him and smiled, almost apologetically, at the word 'love'. Tilting the cup, she glanced into the pale yellow liquid as if it might hold some answer.

"Maya might have adored you, but it was the adoration of an innocent child, wasn't it?", she posed, nothing but a curious pondering in her tone.

Glancing back up at him, she raised the cup a few inches, only to halt with the cup halfway to her lips. A light frown furrowed her brow.

"I wonder how she feels now", she wondered out loud, the question clearly more rhetorical than anything. "Did you take her memories?"

Meeting his eyes, her own dark widened at the sudden release of his emotions. She was on her feet in a blur, the chair knocked back. Long, spidery fingers gripped the edge of the table, the lithe frame of her body shaking. Red swirled into the blackness, like a crimson water snake breaching the surface of a dark pond. The shadows of the courtyard rose behind her in a shapeless mass - not a beast, but something with intent, intelligence, yet formless, with eyes the same red. Red met red, not in a clash but a resonance. As if a large bell had been struck, vibrations of power chimed, joined and exploded in an invisible wave that radiated across the entire village.

Her exhale was the gasp of a stone breaking through the surface of the pond. It rippled in the silence. It took her several wide-eyed breaths before she slumped back on the chair, staring at him in obvious confusion. The shadowy creature behind her exloded outward, scattering and returning to their places.

She had expected something. Some reaction, but not this. Doubt and fear exchanged one another in fleeting glimpses on her face.

"So, you haven't changed. Why show me? You could have continued to play the gentle giant."

Her face changed subtly, the sun inching downwards and bathing the small spot on the stone patio in warm light, making her pale skin transluscent. In the white slip, the only color came from the black hair and eyes, creating a haze of light around her head.

"You do it for her, don't you? Raika."

She pronounced the name slowly, studiously, as she watched him, the pleasant smile gone for a moment and replaced by - sadness, perhaps? Blinking, she sighed, reached for the cup on the table and raised it. Looking into the liquid again, she raised pointed eyes to him, a small smirk curving her lip.

"How do you like the tea?"

Captain Moryaki of the Seventy Seventh Patrol Unit breathed a sigh of relief at the familiar surroundings. He and his band of shinobi - the name of the unit had been a joke by his fellow commanding officers, reflecting nothing of its composition, nor military- or shinobi affiliations - had been on an extended border-patrol. By now, Moryaki was all too tired of the jargon, sleeping on the ground and showering in streams.

Which was exactly the reason he had decided to drop by Kannonji village, a small town he'd stumbled into in his youth. A tiny, undisturbed pearl, truly. It was out of the way, didn't get many visitors and yet the villagers brewed the most amazing plum wine he'd ever tasted - and he fully inteded to taste it again. Repeatedly. If his missives took a little longer to reach their targets, and the responses took a little longer to reach back to him, well know, that could hardly be blamed on him, could it? He would just have to spend a leisurely week or two in the idyllic mountain surroundings.

Leading the group through the final patch of trees, his eyes caught a movement. Turning his head, he found a red ribbon of torn cloth caught on a branch and twirling in the light breeze. It took him another moment to realise that the ribbon wasn't red, but rather so drenched in blood that its original color couldn't be seen.

A few steps further ahead, a corpse rested by the side of the road.

Spoiler:

Chiyoko
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Ryuuchi lazily moved his finger around the rim of the cup, his eyes locked on Chiyoko's the whole time, not wanting to give her the opportunity to attack without notice. He knew that she had grown stronger, much stronger, a fact that he could feel in his soul. However, so had he and judging by her reaction, she had likely realized he was still very much a dangerous man, even to Mother Murder.

"You'd do well not to talk about my daughter. My patience has its limits and hearing her name come out of your lips makes me test them." he warned her with both words and a cold glare, making it known that certain topics were off limits in the rather "amicable" conversation they were having.

His hand moved to pull the chair back as he stood up, making sure not to knock it back like Chiyoko had so rudely done a few moments before. With the cup of tea on the table, he moved around Chiyoko, circling her and the table in a casual and slow step. As he moved around her, he could smell the scent even stronger than before. A nostalgic scent mixed with something new. He enjoyed the scent itself, next to the taste of one's chakra, his favorite form of appreciating another person had always been the smell, the smell of both their bodies and their chakra. Chiyoko's scent was good for awakening certain emotions about her, things he had buried and locked away years before, however it also made him hungry. It was a struggle for him, on the one hand he wanted to attack her, rip her apart, feast on her until there was nothing left, but on the other...he wanted to enjoy her fragrance a bit more, avoid the inevitable bloodshed for a little longer.

In Ryuuchi's mind, the meeting would only end in one way, with him killing Chiyoko.

"I didn't hide who I am." he responded to her remark about hiding behind a gentle facade "I hunt, I eat...only when I have to...you should be happy that I only showed you a glimpse." he said as he passed behind her, thinking that he was also fortunate that she had been calm the whole time for the new powers she could possess were an unknown factor to him "However, remember this...I didn't change for Raika, I didn't change for Maya and I most definitely didn't change for you." he stopped next to his chair, a hand on the table as he leaned down to look into her eyes at the same level "I didn't change at all, I merely went back to the way I should have been all along...and I'm loving every minute of it." he finally said with a grin and fell back on the chair.

Her question about the tea was ignored, instead he asked a question himself "I'm assuming those two are still alive. Are they here?" there was little care in his voice for the children they shared, instead asking as more of a matter of contingency than anything.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Chiyoko » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:56 am

Chiyoko's cup clinked softly against the saucer, her dark eyes watching him with interest, but far from the obvious attention Ryuuchi afforded her.

"Did I strike a nerve? Taboos are such strange things. You taught me that they didn't exist. Nothing sacred. Of course, you are a hypocrite."

A darker red tip emerged between her pale pink lips. She ran her tongue lightly across her teeth, like a predator pondering a meal. The sun slinked another inch lower, bathing the small court yard in hazy gold. Chiyoko sighed as the ray spilled across Ryuuchi's face, changing the color of his eyes.

"How nostalgic..", she muttered softly, as he stood and broke her free of the sight, circling the table. Sighing again, she looked away, across the court yard to a small patch of a garden half hidden behind a blooming cherry tree. Her voice raised a little, continuing the conversation as if the small moment hadn't happened.

"Do you really think there is any topic I won't bring up? Even a single subject that would be off limits between us?"

She tilted her head to give him a pleasant smile as he finished his circle. Placing her arms on the table, she leaned forward, lowering her voice to a secretive whisper.

"It shows in your eyes, you know."

As if having exchanged a secret, she smiled and leaned back, waving a hand as if he was boring her now.

"Grandstanding. The power is impressive. It always was", she replied, but not as if she felt any fear - or much of anything else - at his threat, except for curiosity. Leaning into the table, and him, again, until their lips were inches apart, she lowered her voice to a purring whisper.

"You hunt and eat when you have to? Then why are you here? Hungry?"

The pink lips mouthed the last word tauntingly, her breath a warm, sweetly scented puff of air against his skin. Her dark eyes met his as the sun finally crept below the rooftops and left the court yard in shadow. Amusement swept over her face at his reply and his claims about change and love. Laughing, she leaned back in her chair again, her arms wrapping around her midsection as the sound echoed between the walls. It took several moments before she could wipe away a tear from the corner of her eye and look at him again.

"'Loving every minute of it'", she repeated, mimicking his voice. Another peal of laughter escaped her before she glanced away, towards the edge of the village, the answer to his question somewhat distracted.

"Somewhere, I suspect. Perhaps greeting our visitors."

Her voice held the same indifference as his. Tilting her head to one sight, she examined him thoroughly, then glanced up at the darkening sky, as if calculating something.

"Interesting", she muttered with an innocent smile.

Spoiler:

Chiyoko
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Her taunting was more effective than he would have initially thought. The girl named Chiyoko had been reformed and molded in large part by Ryuuchi himself, what she learned in the years they had known each other had all come from him. She knew him well, probably the one that knew him best considering everything that happened between them. Knowledge is power and knowing how to aggravate an enemy is one of the strongest weapons one can have. She had the skill to make the taunting effective and the information to give it the right amount of kick. Ryuuchi...bit the bait.

It was no secret that his new self was less relaxed and controlled than what Chiyoko knew. He was much quicker to anger and resort to extreme violence when pushed pass the very small breaking point. His right arm turned black, the tips of his fingers forming black claws that could rip anything to pieces with little to no effort. Chiyoko's talk of Maya and the insistence on the taboo subject had pushed the right buttons. His left hand gripped the table and threw it to the side like it were made of paper, the wooden piece of furniture smashing against a wall and breaking to pieces. For a moment, all of Ryuuchi's primal instincts were shown as clear as day, the hate and hunger melding together into a single desire to rip into her beautiful face, to snap her neck, to shred her limbs. A giant aura of aggression filled the area like a thick fog that would make any normal person likely faint from fear alone, such was the reaction Chiyoko's presence had caused.

As he moved his claw to kill his prey, the aggression and focus wavered and faltered. His swing was weak and completely off the mark, not even reaching close to the woman as he lost his balance and dropped to his knees. His vision was blurry and unfocused as he looked down at the floor, unable to tell what was happening to him.

"What have you..." he asked, trying to summon his strength and regain his bearings "...of course...of course you'd [badword] poison me." he roared in anger, looking up at the woman's shifting outline.

Poison had never been a worry for Ryuuchi. Ever since his birth, he had a being inside his body that viciously attacked any harmful attack to his body, making poisons useless. He had grown used to his immunity and therefore had never given it much thought, Drake had always been there to protect him from such annoyances. Ryuuchi had grown cocky about such things, overconfident and unconcerned, leading to the first time in his life that he had been poisoned...this was the second.

The poison Chiyoko had used must have been odorless and tasteless, otherwise his keen senses would have caught it, but then he had been so focused on her that he could have very well missed it all together. Regardless, the fact still remained that the poison had entered his system. Luckily he had not drank all of the tea Chiyoko had prepared, ingesting about half his cup. Considering his draconic biology and his power, it would have taken large quantities or the most powerful poisons to completely put him down. As such the poison's effects were likely not what Chiyoko had aimed for, but it still served to incapacitate him.

"Just giving me another reason to kill you!" he said while gritting his fangs. His body began to move, out of sheer willpower. Ryuuchi began to get to his feet, his limbs shaking as he summoned all his strength. Suddenly he let out a low feral growl as his black wings were released. Massive black leathery wings formed from his back, breaking through the ceiling with ease as he spread them, nearly bringing the building down on them as they stretched and tore through the walls. He took a deep breath and released a roar, flames and lightning releasing from his mouth in powerful and highly destructive streams. His aim had been for Chiyoko but his senses failed him again and the attack had never even gone near her.

Ryuuchi dropped to his knees again, huffing and puffing as the wings shrunk in size and eventually became like a black cloak around his body "Is this where you kill me, Chiyoko...Yomi...Mother Murder?" he paused and grinned at her "For your sake, I really hope you do. Otherwise..." he didn't finish, he didn't need to...he simply let out a laugh as he tried his damnest to keep at least some hold over his body.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Chiyoko » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:21 am

Chiyoko watched him silently, the small pleasant smile still stretching her lips, as the table went crashing into the wall. Her only concession was lowering her eyelids a few inches to keep the splinters out of her eyes. The sensation of killing intent spreading from him might have made her smile a fraction wider. Unlike earlier, she was a rock in that stream of hatred, not the branch being carried away by the torrents.

As he aimed a strike at her, she obligingly tilted her head back, baring her long, pale neck. And then the drugs finally took effect and she saw his claws inches from her eyes, carving through the air with a sound she knew all too well. It had always been accompanied by the slick sound of flesh being split, but this time, she could breathe out a sigh of relief, her throat intact.

"Ah, just in time", she muttered, lifting one leg to rest across the other, foot dangling daintily while she studied him as he dropped to his knees. Giving him a rather pointed look, she brushed wooden splinters from the shattered table from her lap, her tone admonishing.

"What did you expect? That I would let you kill me without a word. Pft."

Chiyoko snorted and glanced down at the shattered cups and teapot with some regret. It had been a calculated risk, considering his biology. She hadn't known how long it would take for the poison to take effect - or if it would do what she had wanted it to. The fact that he had even consumed the tea to begin with had been a surprise. She had grown far beyond what she had been, but Ryuuchi was strong and his skills incredibly destructive. A direct confrontation would have likely ended with her dead. If the poison hadn't been enough, there would have been little she could do.

Glancing back at him, she continued conversationally.

"Do you know, it took me three weeks to make something that would even affect you in the least. I don't think I could have done it without information from 'Drake'."

She leaned forward, resting both elbows on her thigh to prop her chin in her palms. In that position, she looked more like the young girl he had picked up all those years ago, but the look in her eyes was unmistakably older. There was nothing naive or childish about the mind behind those dark eyes.

"I suppose you forgot. It really is inconvenient, isn't? When something you've come to rely on, something you've taken for granted, is suddenly gone."

Her tone dropped to a chilly drawl, anger darkening her features for a few moments before she straightened.

"Don't be such a baby. It's just a little something to calm you down. Though, if you hadn't been my target, it would probably have been potent enough to kill a village this size", she replied as he strained. Sighing at the sight of the destruction, she raised a hand and shadows darted to take hold of the supporting beams, keeping them in place and the ceiling from collapsing. Looking back just in time as he released the flame and lightning, she moved to the side and watched the technique tear through the wall of the court yard, through the house behind it, across the main street to finally disappear as it tore its way through the next house. Along the way, the flames sparked several small fires that quickly began to grow and spread flickering orange sparks.

"Kill you?"

She laughed, clearly amused by the thought, then tilted her head, the dark eyes looking into the distance for a long moment.

"You always were uncivilized when provoked, and we do have a certain... history for these kinds of intimate chats. I thought it was best to take precautions."

Through the ruins of the far house, figures began to appear in the faint light of the spreading fires. Distantly, male voices shouting what could only be military orders reached their ears. Chiyoko hummed to herself and turned to look at Ryuuchi again.

"I don't want to kill you, silly. What would be the fun in that? It wouldn't change anything, and that is the game, my love."

A blur and she was kneeling in front of him, her fingers cupping his cheeks, a press of ghostly lips against his. Another blur, before he could strike at her, and she was several feet away, in a patch of shadows, the white of her dress darkening as darkness pressed closer to her. Shadowy trails crept across her skin until only the white of her eyes and the flash of teeth in a small smile showed.

"I don't want to kill you. But everyone else?"

The distant voices of the Seventy Seventh Patrol Unit grew closer, following the sudden trail of destruction they had witnessed. Chiyoko melted into the shadows, white consumed completely by the black. Her voice whispered silently before uniformed shinobi spilled into the court yard.

"Everyone else is fair game."

Shouts rang out between the walls at the sight of Ryuuchi, deafening out the soft peal of laughter she had left him with. Three men surrounded him from the sides that weren't blocked by the destruction of the tea house, another four entering through the ruined wall.

Spoiler:

Chiyoko
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 am

Voices and shapes surrounded him from all sides. For a moment Ryuuchi wondered if the figures around him were agents of Chiyoko or outsiders that had been unfortunate enough to stumbled into the scene. Regardless of their allegiance and alignment, they were still pests that would have to be dealt with if they interfered.

"Sir, something seems to be wrong with the criminal." one of the men said to a communication device fitted into his ear "How should we proceed?" he asked with his eyes never leaving the downed Ryuuchi.

"Wait until we get there. Don't get close to him!" Captain Moryaki's commanded, the urgency in his voice pretty evident through their communicators "Do not engage! I repeat, do not engage!"

The commands seemed to fall on deaf ears as three of them remained the wanted criminal. Before the other four arrived, before the captain could even reach the area, they began discussing how to split the profit. These soldier's loyalty was never put into question before, however the bounty on Ryuuchi's head was a considerable sum. Taking in the head of the "Black Dragon" Sasaki Ryuuchi would earn all three of them enough money to be wealthy for several generations. They drew their shortswords and nodded at eachother as each took a step closer to Ryuuchi.

"Thanks for being here..." one of them suddenly heard the words being mumbled from Ryuuchi's lips "Though, you should have listened to your boss..."

The red haired man suddenly seemed to have vanished from sight. While there was no actual disappearing trick, he did propel himself and took one of them with him. His sharp fangs bit through the flesh on the man's neck. He cared little for meat and blood but instead craved the chakra in the soldier. Chakra quickly drained from the man's body as it began turning weaker and paler.

Ryuuchi's eyes flashed as the other two quickly stabbed him in the back. He did not turn nor did he release the ninja he held in his maw, instead the ninja soon became aware of their swords being covered in black scales as they spread through the blades and into the hilts. One of the ninja quickly released his weapon and jumped back to safety while the other attempted to pull out his sword. The black scales quickly reached his hand and increased in speed as they enveloped the man's body. Ryuuchi finally released the body he had pinned against the wall with his fangs and turned his head to the remaining ninja. The one covered in black scales let out a final cry as his whole body was covered in darkness and suddenly crushed and compacted into a ball along with the swords.

Another four arrived, weapons already out as they witnessed the survivor drop to the ground and crawl back, away from the monster before him. Ryuuchi turned around, his crimson eyes attempting to focus on the ninja however his body dropped again. His knees touched the floor, followed by his palms. Spotting weakness in their foe, the four new arrivals quickly began their offensive, releasing jutsu of their own. Fire, lightning and wind were released at Ryuuchi, melding into a single attack that struck its target. He had only enough time to cover himself in black scales, before being launched through a wall and into the courtyard.

His wings fluttered as he stumbled to his feet. The large appendages stabbed into the ground as he straightened his back in an attempt to stabilize himself. The ninja moved carefully through the new opening, keeping their guards up. Ryuuchi readied himself to focus his energies on a single, powerful attack when Captain Moryaki appeared above him, his hands already in an unknown handseal as he released tremendous downward force upon Ryuuchi, using gravity as his weapon. The ground under Ryuuchi was obliterated from the massive impact, however the criminal remained standing, doing his best to not buckle under the pressure.

Ryuuchi

Return to Townships and Cityscapes