NEW SYSTEM BETA

A useful place to post non spammed topics that relate to the site, or anything else of more sober interest.

NEW SYSTEM BETA

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sun May 10, 2015 9:03 am

Hey guys!

Well, it took some time, but we're now ready to try the new system. You can find the info here:

http://nc-gakure.boards.net

Yes, I know it's a new board, but since we're trying things out we thought you might as well see what Tsuuki worked really hard on. I think it's beautiful, and you should really consider it.

Since this is just BETA, we're asking everyone use GENIN characters. In the future we will definitely let you transfer your old characters over, but we want as many people as possible to play the new system and help us iron out the kinks.

If you have questions or feedback, please send it either here or on the new board!

Have fun

Tsu and Tsuu
Tsuneo
Old Man

Re: NEW SYSTEM BETA

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Mon May 11, 2015 12:23 am

Aw shucks, it wasn't that much work, I just get carried away with experimenting on it like a robotic guinea pig... less mess than when experimenting on a real guinea pig, y'know? I'm looking into color coding sections at the moment, figured it'd be a neat way to distinguish villages.

At any rate, I know there's so much history (and work) here on prophpbb that makes it hard to want to switch to another forum (again), but at least consider it—there's a bunch of technical and utility improvements over prophpbb!

Off the top of my head:

• Easy and simple to manage
• Multiple "named" accounts, linked to one main account (for character management)
• "Avatar" creator for character accounts
• Flawlessly embeds Youtube, Vimeo, even Twitch
• Big-ass images resize to post size (no more hooker gape)
• Status system, displays beneath avatar; News ticker scrolls at top
• Can "tag" other users with @ before their user/character name
• MY DREAM OF A DUCKAGE CAME TRUE

I've already made a few close chums Mods but I'm expecting to add plenty more. Creation mods, village mods, and whatever positions we create for managing our newer aspects will be needed, so let us know if you're interested. Any HTML/BB jockeys out there that want to spruce it up, let me know! Same goes for design ideas—I think I speak for Tsu too when I say we're really open to suggestions!

Anyway, hail Duckage.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon May 11, 2015 2:54 pm

So, in the New New Naruto Creation forums, is everything going to be this new dice-esque system, or will there still be options for those of us who still want to remain with the "classic" RPing style? I know there's more to the new system than it just being dice-like, but that's just my initial impression.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Mon May 11, 2015 8:58 pm

NEIN! ÜNTER DER RULE OF HERR DUCKAGE ZE AR-PEEING VILL BE EXTERMINATED COMPLETELY!

... of course RP will still be an option! Tis the roots of our fine fiction-factory, but if you're running old-school you'll likely need much more legwork—as in, several topics of character development leading up to an exam-like topic—before you rank-up.

The dice-rolling way takes less prose to advance, but has greater risks. For example, you could "crit fail" a crucial roll during a mission, in which case your character could be disgraced within their village, or suffer from a permanent injury. But therein lines the thrill of it: you are still telling a story, but with wildcards tucked between the pages!

Keep in mind one more very important condition in all of this: it's all fluid and open to the input of everyone. Nothing done so far (outside of a little freak script-scrambling that went down here) or even what I've just said above is permanent, it's all just trying something new!

NOW ZIËN, SURRENDER UNT INPUT IMMEDIATELY OR PERISH.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

Return to Player's Lounge