Bye Guys

A useful place to post non spammed topics that relate to the site, or anything else of more sober interest.

Bye Guys

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:16 pm

I was going to post on the newer site, but this felt more appropriate. I originally came here 7 years ago to advertise for my own RPing site, but then I got hopelessly sucked in. I would've had no idea I'd still be here so many years after. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. As many of you know, I'm a chemist and for a long time I considered that my only talent. It wasn't until this past year when I realized that writing had become more than just a hobby. It was a talent, and role playing and writing and creating stories was something I had done since I was a kid. If I was a bit more ambitious when I was younger, I don't think I'd be in the sciences. Thank you all so much for helping me grow this passion and helping me to realize that it's something I love and am halfway decent at.

I don't want this to end on a sour note, I write this with lots of love. I'm continuing my writing elsewhere, whether that place sticks or whether I end up finding something else. I would be a different person if it wasn't for this site and the people I RPed with. It's no secret that Lethe and I have been writing a lot with each other the past few years, but all of you helped me in some way. I still look very fondly on my first couple threads with Tsuneo years ago, and it was my first experience with RPing with someone who was clearly so much more skilled and trained and knew how to thread along a story. But he kept at it with me anyway. The Kakashi v Gai threads were hilariously fun. I still chuckle at the thread Raiza and I did when Kakashi formed Water Clones from Gai's water bottles in his fridge. And the NC School Stories. I like to think they were gold.

I am so fond of all of you, but some people in particular I just need to thank for helping me along and telling stories. Even when I wasn't the best, a tad (or more...) kiddish, or when things ran a bit dry. So, thanks: Raika, Raiza, Isuzu, Tsuneo, Ryuuchi, Aporo, everyone who has RPed with me, and anyone that has been or is staff for approving my countless crap.

I'll still lurk around occasionally, so if you wanna keep in touch or say or ask me anything, please please PM me!

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Bye Guys

PostPosted by Kindra » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:59 am

BAI Oddric :D

RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow

Kindra
The blue sands puppeteer

PostPosted by Tolkien » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:07 am

Adios Amigo, These were good times
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:14 am

Oddeh ;__; <3
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:35 pm

Tsuneo wrote:Oddeh ;__; <3

Don't worry, I still lurk! ...Mostly to check for messages! (And if Lethe ever returns...)

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to Player's Lounge