Ties that Bind (solo)

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Ties that Bind (solo)

PostPosted by MankouZero » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:48 am

A procession of rag tag players of drum and flute dragged on in a victory march in celebration of two captured shinobi. One was the upstart not even second in command, Mankou, formerly known by a name proven false. The other was the traitor no better than the lowly born shinobi, Chi. For committing treason alongside the former mentioned shinobi, he would be sentenced to be publicly tortured and put to death as a shinobi himself. In rank impudence, Chi began to speak. Their exacutioners chose to save their wrath for the moment, in spite of alternatively listening to splintered flutes and mud crusted drums try to play a tune that once was reserved for much more deserving honors.
"Mankou. Do you have any idea what that paper they tore in front of me was?" said Chi. Taking contemplative silence as an invitation to explain, Chi continued. "That paper was reserved for me after I had earned the rank of General. At least in the eyes of my father. It was a paper that would have guaranteed my personal and private use of privileges saved for the highest born of the powers at be. I would have been able to secure passage to the Blue District whenever I pleased. Had any woman there I wanted, either in lust or marriage. I could have eaten anything on the menu at the cost of the Shogunate. Any weapon. Any teacher of the sword. Any knowledge I could have gained there could have been mine... And here we both are."
"Can't remember where I've heard of this Blue District." said Mankou.
"A shame we could not have chosen to fight there first. The women there are known to be the most beautiful in the world, not just the underworld." Chi said listlessly, chuckling to himself at seeing one of the drummers skipping a beat yet going on without punishment. Upon meeting of eyes, Chi caught a wink that set him, as he felt strangely, at ease. "Here we both are." repeated Chi. As dusk was slowly approaching, the sentencing was about to begin.

Profiles | Role Play Request | the Way of the Artist

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors
For words I have yet to find

MankouZero

Re: Ties that Bind (solo)

PostPosted by MankouZero » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 am

After a roll of drumming, a nonverbal call to silence was made by a rather large sword hacking down a tree in the midst of the courtyard. The sword wielding judge, one of the Onigami made no apologies for striking the tree. Instead he laid full blame on his fury bent on the two being tried. Once his excuse for the tree hacking was given, so began the judge's hearing.
"Insurgent, marauder, and supposedly ronin, Mankou. You are hereby found guilty upon such charges. Witnesses claim that you, now proven a sojourner, took the name of a dead Samurai from these very regions!"
The voice of the judge was not contested from the crowds. Nor was his sword. All remained below a whisper.

"The name you took, of course, means nothing anymore. Yet, with the honor of this name as Samurai. You took it upon yourself to impersonate a Samurai. To fight, train, and almost be disciplined like Samurai. No longer. Not in this country. This, the greatest of Nations where, as there are laws to govern the time and seasons, there are laws set in place to deal with anarchists. With base minds searching for base things at the cost of a foreign government. One that is foreign only to you, here. In the presence of true Raikou."

The crowds were beginning to come to agreement as the judge continued.

"The one and last discipline of a Samurai I will teach you myself before I take your head is silence." said the judge. His sword pointed towards Mankou, and then to Chi.

"And yet, there is someone else here who was dead before the name Onigami was ever tarnished by his decision to defect his given position to follow the likes of this Mankou. This husk of flesh is ripe for his sentence indeed. He turned on his own governor. Murdering him. Witnesses claim that he wore the blood of the governor and many others sworn to die for their dishonor by what means at the cost of such a lofty and heavenly sent commissioner of law and order in these lands."

The judge took a moment to let even his own emotions stir.

"It is for your father's sake that I still call you Chi... Onigami... Do you believe grace is given to you for your name alone? Do you believe, as your father justly would, that I unshackle you, forgive you and call you brother? If only all beliefs were truth! But then anarchy would have the day in the end along with the end of civilization!"

The judge came closer to the judged, his eyes locked on Chi.

"What could you possibly say in your defense? What could you ever do to give penance for what you have done? What sacrifice other than your own life can you now give? Speak now, Onigami!" said the judge. The order was met with silence. This held as the judge slammed his sword in the dirt right beside Chi.

"Defiant to the last? Is this how you wish to be remembered? Speak! Speak or I will invoke a demon in you to speak for you!"

The judge came even closer, eye to eye. Chi breathed in. Instead of words, spit came from his mouth in the judge's face.

"I have spit in the face of death and destruction, like a so called ronin said. Regardless. As a true Samurai, I am now prepared to die."

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

Re: Ties that Bind (solo)

PostPosted by MankouZero » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:33 pm

"And die you will, samurai. It is the last honor you will ever receive. said the judge. He gave a nod to the guards who then gripped Chi to force his head upon a block of wood placed in front of him. The judge raised the massive sword in the air. The sun seemed to refuse gleaming upon the blade as clouds came in the way. Drums began to beat a violent rhythm as the sword held in the air. The eyes of the judge were wide upon Chi, hiding disappointment in the lack of fear or shame in the judged.

Then a thunder crack was heard, silencing the drums. Only one of the drummers remained standing, yet she held her hands in a fuuinjutsu seal that held all the guards in place by their spirit aura. Another blast of thunder chakra from Higanashi sent any other guards to their backs.

The judge turned his eye to the interlopers intervening the proceedings.
"What is the meaning of this?" cried the judge.

"We intend to commandeer this trial." said Musashi as he came forward. One hand was on his sword still sheathed.
"On whose honor? You are revered by the Way of the sword, but you are still an exile. No less an outsider in this court as the foreigner!" said the judge.
"Be that as it may, I say it is in the honor of all that are here today that I turn this very trial upon yourself and all those who still cling to the name Onigami as one of supreme authority in this land." said Musashi. The judge walked toward the samurai who stood his ground without drawing his sword.
"It was not always as it is now. The Onigami once stood for a cause of honor." said Musashi. The judge swung his sword only to slice at air. The ancient warrior seemed beyond the reach of even such a large sword.
"We remain standing on such honor!" said the judge, feigning bravery with shouting.
"All your honor has left you. You lost it by slaughtering so many true samurai that you made as your rivals. All in your misguided crusade against all shinobi. And now, all that is left are the dark secrets you bear. If there were no more true shinobi in the world, such secrets might consume you along with the world." said Musashi. He continued to vanish and reappear with every swing of the judge's sword.
"Mere words, Miyamoto! Whispers, no doubt, concocted from the shinobi to try and justify themselves! Perhaps I could pardon you for being ensnared by them? Even one as revered as your are." said the judge.
"You are naive to presume that we believe anyone is justified by war. However in the presence of true Raikou, we will uncover the crimes committed by those of the Onigami. Crimes that you only seek to hide by smearing mud in the face of even your own brethren." said Musashi.
"You mock justice by mounting a defense for the likes of shinobi! Long have such commoners degraded our customs, our language, our law, our very way of life! What more reason to slay them all and rid the world of their repugnance and rank ignorance!" said the judge.
Musashi raised his hand, then pointed. On a cart brought forward, a veil was removed showing the grotesque form of some unidentifiable creature. Many within the crowd gasped at the display.
"This is proof that your plans changed. Instead of merely killing shinobi to restore order, as if it ever lacked any, the Onigami used what means they could to transform what was human in shinobi to turn them into these mindless things. Things that are now no more human than those who devised whatever insane process that made them." said Musashi. His eyes were locked on the judge, leaving some to question who was truly judge now.

My reserved silence
Is a calm reliance
On a truer course
Through open doors

MankouZero

Return to The Lands and Cities