Onigami Blades [carcinoGeneticist]

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Onigami Blades [carcinoGeneticist]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun May 08, 2016 9:15 pm

The storm raged outside as the patrons of the Blind Bull - an old and rundown tavern in the middle of the mountains - calmly enjoyed their drinks. Men from all walks of life gathered here for it was the only in watering hole on the way through the mountain path. From criminals to heroes, the tavern had seen, received and served all kinds of people. At the time the establishment was still relatively empty - the heavy storm made going through the mountains an unwise decision and so most opted to stay in the safety of their own homes.

In one of the corner tables sat a hooded figure slowly sipping his drink. An odd individual who had ordered a cup of warm milk to the barman while everyone else usually contended with decent sake they were served. None of the other patrons spoke to him for they all knew how things worked around the Blind Bull - you keep to yourself, don't bother others and nobody bothers you. As such, he was dismissed as just another weirdo and was left alone.

Suddenly the door flew open, letting the raging winds blow into the tavern. The owner shouted angrily at the newcomers to shut the door - yet they ignored him. Five man in dark clothing and swords around their waists scanned the tavern as if looking for something. The owner of the place shouted at them once again and approached them. He placed a hand on the shoulder of the closest one but was immediately away with ease; his head smashing against the wooden counter.

"There!" one of them shouted to the others and they all drew their swords.

The five men rushed toward the hooded one drinking warm milk, their blades itching to sink into flesh. They shouted their individual war-cries as they approached him and one of them claimed that he would have the traitor's head. Five blades swung at a single target but were stopped before they could reach him - sinking into wood rather than flesh. The hooded figure had kicked the table up at the last moment and used it as a shield. Angry with their failure the five applied even more force into their swords and cleaved the table to pieces. When their eyes searched for the enemy, they found nothing.

The hooded figure appeared behind them, pulling back the hood to reveal the features it hid. Ichigo's white hair and slender face was displayed fully. His dark eyes peered into the five swordsmen as they stepped back and released their Shadows, melding the five images into the large figure of a golden armored samurai. They desperately tried to display their power in an attempt to intimidate their opponent but once he released his own Shadow - that of a enormous black cloaked skeletal creature that some would call a shinigami - they were able to observe the difference in their power. The black figure was so massive that it had to hunch down to fit within the tavern and easily dwarfed their combined effort.

Desperately they fought charging at the man all at the same time. He made short work of them, using nothing but his right hand to deflect blades and strike them down. As four of them flew through walls and windows out of the tavern, the fifth released a strong blade of energy from a swing. Ichigo caught the blade with his bare hand and shattered it with ease, causing it to vanish as if it had never existed. The fifth samurai took a step back as Ichigo returned with a kick that produced an energy blade which impacted into the man's chest and sent him flying out the tavern like his companions.

"They are either underestimating me too much or are plain stupid." he mumbled to himself as he took a sip of the warm milk he had been holding in his left hand the whole time.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

Re: Onigami Blades [carcinoGeneticist]

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Mon May 16, 2016 6:38 pm

"I'd assume a small amount of the former and a surplus of the latter."

A soft-spoken, somewhat dry statement could be heard from the entrance of the bar, coming from the lips of a young man who was courteous enough to shut the doors behind him. He offers a brief smile towards the owner, never mind that the man seemed to be somewhat incapacitated from his encounter with the counter-top. Unlike the five attackers - and the man they'd assaulted - his state of dress seemed somewhat more welcoming; clad in a pair of dark, yet visibly crimson jeans, a tight fitting black shirt with a low neckline, and a pair of unremarkable black boots, he could've fit in in just about any bar, let alone one so cut-off from the rest of the world. The only things setting him apart were the twin blades hanging at his hips, and the off-white coat hanging from his shoulders, a patchwork monstrosity that had once - years before - been the pristine coat of one Onigami Masaru.

"Still, it made finding you a bit easier. They follow you, I follow them, and we all have a happy little reunion."

A glance towards back towards the door, and he'd chuckle slightly, one hand shoving a thick clump of stark white hair out of his eyes. If one didn't know better, they might assume that the younger of the two men might have been the other's son, as similar as they looked... but they couldn't have been any more mistaken. "Happy being a debatable term. How's life?"
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:46 am

It had been a long time since Ichigo had last seen one of his only two students. Not an easy man to get along with and certainly not one with a personality and reputation that would attract starry-eyed pupils, Ryuhou and Aoi had been the only two people he ever cared enough for to teach them anything – and while poor Aoi’s skill was nothing to write home about yet, Ryuhou could be said to have been his prized student…not that he would ever tell him that.

“One would think that saving the clan from a fate worse than death would make them grateful.” Ichigo grumbled as he downed the rest of his drink like it was alcohol “But no, kill a few ‘important members of the clan’ and you’re marked for life.” he eyed his student and groaned “Are you here to finally take the revenge you always wanted, Ryuhou?”

While Aoi had been an innocent and kind kid that simply wanted to know more about her abilities, Ryuhou’s motives for training under Ichigo were clear – he wanted to avenge his father. While he did not know if this thirst for revenge was still active within Ryuhou, there was still the sad fact that Ryuhou took after Ichigo in one thing: his drive to be the best warrior. Yet, Ichigo did not mind as it also provided him with a growing future rival full of potential.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:49 pm

The younger swordsman listens to his master's words with a slight tilt of his head, before rolling his shoulders in a casual shrug. "If I told you 'yes'," he begins, voice kept low, "would you take me any more seriously?"

With little more than a blurred motion from his right hand, the young samurai takes hold of the nearest table and shoves it back against a wall, clearing more space in the center of the bar. His other hand fidgets idly with the neckline of his shirt, tugging at it as if wanting air. Steely gray eyes, however, remain locked on the form of his mentor. "Thing is, though, I haven't cared about the revenge thing in years. If you want me to be perfectly honest, you probably did me a favour. Masaru was a great captain, and a great man. He and Itsuki represent everything that an Onigami should strive to be. That said... he was a shitty father."

Ryuhou pauses briefly, brow twitching in annoyance as if sensing something unpleasant, before speaking once more. "A shitty father, and he didn't have what it took to make me who I needed to be. Then you showed up. You baptized me in blood. You forged my steel in the hottest of flames. You raised me into a killer, a weapon, and somehow kept me from turning into the kind of Onigami trash that we've been hunting. I respect that. It's a debt that I can't repay. But..."

His stance changes slightly, one heel turning out, a small turn towards a profile view. His right hand sinks low, towards the hilt of his left-hip blade.

"You're a wall, Ichigo. One I can't get around. So if I want to prove that I'm the best the Onigami have to offer... I have to go through you."

"No hard feelings."
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Ichigo wasn’t scared by most things – not even his most powerful adversary to date, a demon that not even he could defeat on his own, scared him. It wasn’t that his pupil’s strength was suddenly enough to frighten him either, however what did scare him was how similar to him Ryuhou had become. Ichigo never had any children and he certainly never intended to in the first place, even when it came to students he only took on two and quite reluctantly at that. For him to witness someone else under his care become so much like him, it was unnerving yet oddly satisfying at the same time. However, regardless of how he felt…he still had to show Ryuhou that there was much he still needed to learn.

The moment the student moved his hands to reach for his sword, Ichigo was already on the move. The floor had broken under his footsteps, leaving a trail in Ryuhou’s direction from the sheer force of each individual step. His hands opened and shot in different directions as Ichigo utilized several Onigami techniques at the same time.

Ouryuken: Tsuinryuu allowed him to attack with both hands, using very different techniques at the exact same time. His left hand used Ouryuken: Akikagi to try and grapple the wrist of the hand that reached for the weapon, in an attempt to immobilize and pin it so he could not draw his sword. Seiryuu-ryu: Soiboshi focused energy on his right arm, increasing its power while he attempted to strike Ryuhou in the chest using Ouryuken: Akitsume. The palm strike that would likely never kill him, but with the enhancements would likely shatter bones and incapacitate him enough to finish the battle before it started.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm

However much laid ahead of him, however much he still had to learn, Ryuhou still intended to show full well his knowledge and master of what he had already learned. He hadn't expected to be allowed to draw his blade - if he had intended to get off a proper slash, he would have opened with Suzakuryu - and had instead opted for a feint that had drawn his master in, just as expected. Ichigo's exact attack pattern, however, was something he had yet to completely learn, so the sheer ferocity of the incoming attack was slightly more than expected.

Akitsume's weakness was in the wind-up, and even Ichigo's speed couldn't push it beyond the reaction time of his apprentice, and the watchful eyes of Ouryuken: Kuutai. Soiboshi added far more force to the blow, but there was still time to react. Accepting the temporary loss of his right arm, the younger swordsman instead lashes out with the left, hand moving into position even as Ichigo's drew back for his own assault. His own use of Ouryuken: Akikagi would see a vice-like grip moving to catch the wrist of the oncoming attack, aiming not to entirely negate, but to slow the incoming blow; the skillful application of Ouryuken: Junjiru would hopefully negate the remaining force.

As a final follow-up, attempting to capitalize on the split-second that tanking the blow might have bought him, he retaliates with a novel application of Tenmichi, one foot shattering the floor below in an explosive burst of spiritual energy that would see his leg rising up in a monstrously forceful knee aimed towards his master's midsection.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

Return to The Lands and Cities