Hunt.

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Hunt.

PostPosted by shuu » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:45 am

Within Kirigakure, there have been several people to have been exiled by the village. All villages have their exiles, it is expected. However, Kirigakure and it's blood thirsty nature is renown for this.

Currently, within the Web of Amida, there lies 5 Jounin ranked shinobi, who for one reason or another, have been exiled, or have escaped execution from the village. It is your job, Katane, is to hunt down each of these one by one. You need not capture them all, but only capturing one won't look good, either. You are allowed to kill them; infact, that is preferred. All of the bodies must be recognizable, and each body must be returned to the heavily guarded medical facility within Kirigakure's swamps. The more you hunt down, the better. You have no set post limit - just make it good.

--
This exam is rewarded on the fact that me, Meimu, and Ibaku were all given a jounin exam by Hoshi that fell apart. We were near completing it- and the exam well, died. Since then, all but Katane have advanced to jounin, 1 by another separate exam, and another from a rank up awarded from the fact above.
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

Re: Hunt.

PostPosted by Ibaku » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

There was a crack and then a pop followed by the vile squishing sound that flesh made as it and the internal organs that lay underneath were compromised. The small tent that sat in a tiny plateau of dry land, hidden away almost perfectly in the mass of this swamp, started to sway back and forth from struggle. It didn’t last for long though and the movement and noise went dark without a single word being yelled out. The quieting down was soon followed by two lanky men with black cloaks dragging a writhing man out of the tent by the shoulders.

These men seemed methodical and efficient, simply looking at each other for communication and then one left his partner for the distant tree line in the murky waters of the swamp. The one that stayed cracked a smile and turned around to the man that was clearly grabbing hold of his bloody throat and trying to speak. He couldn’t and the man that stood over him simply smiled and seemed to delight in landing a kick square and unblocked to the lower ribs as the one on the ground could neither scream out in pain nor beg for his situation. More kicks came in rapid succession along the ribs and the final one lifted the man up into the air and he started coughing up blood and writhing even more so.

The one that left returned with a third and as they all gathered around the dying man something became eerily apparent, all three men looked the same and had the same face and the only different was the new arrival had an eye patch and a streak of white in his hair. He was the first one to speak and when he did it was in a jovial yet matter of fact air. Hotaka-sempai how have ya been? I have been meanin to visit but it wasn’t until last night I actually got the order. I like what ya been doing with yourself but unfortunately when ya escaped ya left this for the collection squad. The man with the eye patch drew out from the cloak the shrouded his body, a picture frame with a portrait of a man bearing similar resemblance to the one that lay dieing on the ground and the one who stood over him along with two other individuals. He tossed the portrait down and the glass protecting the delicate picture cracked before the face of the captive. Very sloppy for a captain and a Jounin dun ya think? Leavin your smell readily available for someone like me and then not puttin up a fight when I show up. It was only a matter of time but because I like ya I figured why dun we do a little catchin up. The man in the eye patch nudged his captive’s body over onto the back with a single foot and he drew out a white blade. With expert precision the sword screamed down into the man’s lower abdomen and the movement in the legs went out.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:53 pm

The man descended onto the chest of his captive and took a seat, drawing out two more white blades and plunging them each into a shoulder. The large joints popped as tendons were sheered and the placements of the swords sat in a perfect geometric triangle now. Now that ya won’t be runnin away or usin your annoyin bloodline why don’t ya speak with your adoring student? I’ll even fix up your throat and save your life. The eye patch man nicked the palm of his hand on one of the exposed blades and drew out some of his own blood before lowering the injured hand onto his captors crushed throat.

It took only a moment for some reaction to happen and then the man addressed as Hotaka began to writhe and gasp for breath though only his core, neck and head moved. He screamed out in pain and banged his head against the ground as the man on his chest simply sat there and the other to flanked and stared down on the scene in the dark. Katane! You are insane! You can’t comprehend the evil that you are serving! The man looked to each of his arms in horror and then let out another primal scream when he stared past the man on his chest and came to the realization that none of his limbs were moving.

Katane removed his hand from Hotaka’s throat and there was nothing but a large dried scab where the crushing had occurred. The injury had obviously been repaired for a reason. Yeah, ya won’t be pulling anything else out of me ya bastard. I learned my lesson but now it’s time to talk ya annoyin old man. Katane cracked a smile and leveled the back of his hand along the man’s cheek, pulling back and letting a loud slap ring off of Hotaka’s jawbone. The other two copies that were present both laughed and smiled, taking a morbid pleasure in a violence and futile situation of the poor man at their feet.

KATANE! Listen to reason! You should have left with us! The new Mizukage is obsessed with power, you’ve seen it yourself! Hotaka continued to plead his case trying to change the demeanor of the man sitting on his chest but it was to no avail. Katane just frowned and the other two smiled even more sadistically.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Katane leaned in close, nose to nose with the man and looked annoyed beyond compare. His jovial and laid back tone changed almost immediately and one of his hands wrapped around the man’s right ear. Nine pounds, his said in a whisper that expelled the noxious breath of rotting corpses into the man’s face. They said ya only had to be recognizable. It only takes nine pounds of force to remove the human ear and amazingly it doesn’t do anything to the identification process. Hurts like a bitch though so you wanna talk? Katane smiled once more but stayed pressed in close to Hotaka adding to the uncomfortable attitude and displaying clear control over the entire operation.

You are nothing like the rest of us! We did our work for the village we believed in! Bagging and tagging for deranged experiments and killing our own innocent civilians was the line! The man seemed quite defiant and well versed in resisting torture of this manner. He even seemed willing to accept death at this point.

Katane’s head cocked to the side and he simply tugged on the ear. His free hand moved to the same side of Hotaka’s head and forced the man to stay stationary and quiet under the palm of his hand as it wasn’t long before the flesh started to rip and the blood started to flow. When the whole thing was over Katane sat up and leaned back with a smile and once of his eyebrows cocked. In his hand was Hotaka’s ear and below him was a man screaming in pain and bleeding from the side of his head. Guess then ya should have realized I ain’t from your stupid village and only hang around because they let me do what I want. If your civilians are so innocent then maybe they should have enough strength to defend themselves when R&D comes knockin.” Katane smiled and then looked down at the ear. He licked his lips and then took a bite out of the piece of flesh, still talking as he chewed, I never killed anyone who kicked my ass.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Hotaka began to redouble his efforts to escape but they were for naught. Katane lifted his body up slightly with his legs and dropped back down on the man’s chest, taking the air out of his lungs and putting an end to any hope that might have started to well up in the mind. Katane started again as the rest of the ear disappeared into his mouth like a simple night time snack. Ya realize you’re only alive because I know ya helped the others right? Ya were the first one to escape and then magically more people seemed to show up missing. Mizukage-sama wants to put an end to this resistance thing ya are tryin to get goin before it starts to be too public. Katane leaned back and looked up to his other two identical cohorts who had just been standing there doing nothing but snickering and taking enjoyment in the carnage. Why don’t ya two do something useful and go through his things while the big boys handle their work, kay?

The twin cronies both recoiled in annoyance and anger but quickly disappeared back into the tent as Katane directed his attention back to the writhing Hotaka. I do miss havin a team dun get me wrong though. Corpse clones aren’t very good at thinking for themselves like real people, ya know? He simply maintained his smile and stretched out a hand and flicked one of the swords embedded into Hotaka’s shoulders So ya gonna talk or am I gonna have to track them down one by one?

Hotaka’s head rolled over to one side and his eyes shut. He had lost a lot of blood from the whole ordeal and was seemingly reaching his limit but still he whispered out a final insult as his last words. You are a monster. People of this village are good at heart even if they seem a little rough around the edges. You and this new Mizukage will never win. The people will see your insanity and stand against you. You will fall. Hotaka let out a final long and agonizing breath.

Katane clenched his teeth in anger and slashed open the palms of his hands on the same swords that seemingly expelled Hotaka’s live. With fervor his grabbed the man by the sides of his head and blood started to flow back into the man. Ya know the drill idiot. If I dun what ya to die ya dun get to. Now wake the hell back up I want ya to hear and feel all this. Katane clenched onto Hotaka’s head and his eyes grew wide as his morbid techniques went into overdrive.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Hotaka wrenched back to life gasping for air in much the same way he had before when his neck was repaired but this time he was looking with a certain urgency and horror around his body as something was obviously wrong below the surface. Katane was smiling even more so now but it was much more of a sadistic grin then just mere happiness for bringing his captive back from the brink of death. Ya feel it dun ya? The pain is agonizin isn’t it? Feels absolutely amizin, I know. I think it’s about time ya felt the way I did when ya ripped my arms off and left me to die. Only one problem with your strategy. Katane chortled to himself over the begging and pleading that came for Hotaka next. Sharpened and hardened blades of blood shot out of both of the captive man’s shoulders and began circling around the joints at a very sick and methodical pace. When Hotaka started to scream even more Katane brought one of his hands to the man’s mouth and another scab started to form, silencing Hotaka permanently and leaving only the look in his eyes to convey the immense terror and pain.

It took almost three whole minutes of pure enjoyment for Katane before the pain was too much for Hotaka to bear and the once proud and conditioned Jounin feel unconscious. Katane’s chortled erupted into an all out cackle as he finished his disturbing technique and stood up stretching and popping his own joints. Lying to the sides of the unconscious Jounin’s body were his arm, perfectly severed with surgical deftness that only a true genius could have displayed. There was barely any body from what should have been a grotesque operation and the clean cut wounds were all scabbed over like the mouth, ear and the surgeon’s own palms. Katane drew his three swords out of the man and the ground and stowed them away once more. His attention turned to the tent, still rustling with movement. Ya two idiots finish up quickly. One of ya take everything ya can put in the bag and the other get this asshole’s arms. I guess we’ll make a quick stop off to lighten the load. Hopefully they won’t care about a little artistic expression.

Both of the men in the tent let out words of acknowledgment and began to clean up the camp and go about their assigned work while Katane knelt down and hefted the armless, yet living man onto his shoulders in preparation to leave the scene.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:24 pm

The group of three traveled quite swiftly for one bogged down with so much to carry. They had taken everything from the campsite and condensed it down into a simple bag. There was not much to carry though as any trained assassin within the borders of the country that wanted him dead would keep but Katane figured he could make some bit of sense from it all if he poured over it long enough and if indeed his former captain did keep company with these other so called targets on his mission docket then there would be scents to follow. Scents he would follow to their source and dispose of with the same efficiency he had Hotaka.

The Jounin did awake at one point during the trip and tried his best to escape Katane’s grasp but his legs were still unresponsive and his cries were all but muffled behind a scabbed over mouth that hand been sewn shut by the Jekial’s vile blood techniques. With nothing more then a simple syringe of fluid plunged into his neck, the Jounin traitor went limp and quiet again and the trio continued their voyage without a word.

It was strange for an outsider to comprehend the process as while Katane was doing the retrieval mission for Kirigakure and the Mizukage, he had been traveling deeper into the swamplands instead of out. Soon the group came to a clearing almost completely shrouded in a thick mist that impaired whatever was within it from the vision of those without it and even stranger was the fact that no animals, insects or even sound ventured close to the haze. This place was not meant for the living but Katane kept moving. At the point he took his first step into the mist though, his advance was halted by two humanoid forms in tight black body suits. Almost in unison these two new arrivals had a triangle of white ceramic blades circling their neck as Katane’s trio each drew a pair of blades and surrounded the men. Ya were told I’d be workin the swamp this month. Leave me the hell alone or I’ll add you to my quota. Katane shrugged to present the armless man atop his shoulder but kept the blades ready to decapitate on a hair trigger. When neither of the humanoids responded, Katane stayed his blades by shifting them vertically and shoving past the weird arrivals without another word or bothering to follow him with his eyes.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:25 pm

The group continued further unabated through the thick fog until there was nothingness on every side and vision was so constricted the Katane had to strain at times to see the two copies of himself that closely flanked him as he moved. Most normal people would have been irked at least slightly by the sheer nothingness and loneliness the fog placed heavily on the shoulders along with the constant feeling of being watched but Katane was already quite established in the world as being someone very far from normal. The trio just continued forward until eventually the fog started to break and allow more vision and in the clearing distance was a simple and small hut protruding out oddly from a completely flat landscape.

Making his way to the door, Katane sighed rather audibly as the handle to the shacks door didn’t budge when he tried to twist it open. Once more he ravaged the palm of his hand with the blade of one of his swords and grabbed hold of the door handle once more. This time however he let his vitae flow out freely into the cracks of the door, the handle and whatever was inside providing the locking mechanism to the contemptible barrier blocking his access. There was the barely audible clicking of rolling and unlocking tumblers and sliding latches but as time grew longer Katane grew more and more upset and annoyed until finally there was a click, then a shatter and he pulled a large chunk of the door, its handle and lock out all in one piece as metal warps, wood splintered and the door creaked open. He tossed the debris over his shoulder and then entered.

Standing in front of Katane was a rather angry and annoyed woman with a pair of kunai drawn and fully ready for combat and not the demented laugh she received from the man with an armless Jounin draped over his shoulders. You could have knocked or finished picking the lock like a normal ninja. Now I have to put the damn thing back together. She scoffed at the Jekial as she pushed past him to retrieve the mangled remnants that had once held the door steadfast. She never made it that far though.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Katane’s hand grappled her throat about halfway through the motion and brought her face to his despite her quick skilled with a kunai that buried one square into a kidney for a vital kill shot. Katane just sniffed at the female and smiled. So you’re the new one they got after I ate the last sensor, huh? Well ya certainly are much better on the eyes but not very smart. The kunai slowly slid from the Jekial’s body and he deposited it back into the female’s hand with a liquid appendage made of blood. Dun worry, you’ll get used to workin with me. Next time just make sure ya open the door for me when ya feel me comin through the mist or Mizukage may need to find another replacement. Katane opened his mouth and raked his tongue across the woman’s cheek as a warning and then discarded her in her original direction with a shove as he moved past.

Katane and his flanking pair all chortled at the whole scene as they made their way to a space behind a desk that sat in the shack and fiddled with the floor before pulling up a trap door to a lower level. Katane stuck his head up above the desk and shouted again the female that was now picking up the scattered pieces of the door and mumbling under her breath with a rather violent look. By the way, hun. I was followed here so alert the patrols that they are looking for either Minori or Osamu. If it’s her then she looks like one of them, if its him then they are already dead and ya should just kill yourself so I have a snack after I beat his ass. Couldn’t really tell who it was, siblings smell too much alike. Katane and his crew chortled again as they all descended down the darkened staircase that led to the hidden medical facility.

The darkness was a little out of the ordinary but Katane was far from one to pay attention to the nuances. What did manage to catch his eye was the fact that the darkness continued to be persistent into the facility and after bumbling over to a light switch he saw a clear problem start to form. Light fixtures were reduced to flickering beacons and blood and signs of combat lined the walls. A scientist sat in the corner with dried blood have flowed quite some time ago from his eyes and ear and the there was nothing but death around him instead of the perfectly maintained R&D department he expected.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:34 pm

One should have expected a little bit more urgency come from someone but Katane simply shrugged and rolled the unconscious Hotaka off his shoulder and to the floor with an unceremonious thud. He nudged the body over onto its back and to his surprise or lack there of the face was not the same as the man he had captured hours ago but instead pale dead and female. Katane sighed to himself expelling more then a few obscenities and turning to punch a wall with such force that the bones in his hand compressed and shattered but reformed quickly as his blood took over and reshaped the appendage. He looked down at the armless corpse and then to his copies with a frown. Well shit. This is gonna look great in the paperwork. And to think I was really starting to hope killin em all would get that easy. I really hate freakin Genjutsu. Katane drew out a pair of white ceramic blades from his coat and made his way to the stairs again. See what they haven’t destroyed yet and get the bodies into the freezer while I go kill these two, he growled to his cohorts as he ascended the stairs.

Upon reaching the trap door and throwing it open, Katane was met with a barrage of kunai that pierced him and his clothing clean through and pinned his body to the back wall of the shack. Sitting on the desk was the female desk guard and the door was still swinging wide open. The actual form of the woman seemed to fade and flicker until it eventually was completely replaced by the form of Hotaka only this time the man had blue swirling eyes and a smile on his face. Katane just sighed again and let himself hang there by the hundreds of blades that held him in place against the back wall. So captain that was kinda low letting Minori take the fall for you. Out of all of you I would have kept her alive the longest because she was fun in bed at least. Katane chuckled and obviously didn’t seem to care much about his predicament.

She made the decision herself and did what she had to do to pull you in. It was a noble sacrifice but nothing like the rest of this village have been forced to make under the new Mizukage. Hotaka stood up and strolled rather calmly to Katanes position while mist started rolling in the open door and taking the loose form of a humanoid figure before solidifying into the form of a large man. Granted in killing her you more or less sealed your death warrant with Osamu. I was going to offer you a job.

The large man narrowed his eyes and balled his hands into large fists and gritted his teeth but stayed his position. Katane just responded by spitting some of his blood into Hotaka’s face. Ya know the big mist retard would be more intimidatin if he could speak. Why don’t we skip the foreplay and get down to business? I haven’t eaten yet.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Hotaka just frowned and raised one of his hands into view, staring at it as he spoke. You know Katane you are probably one of the most dangerous people I have ever come across. You possess virtually no loyalties or plans and yet you still manage to stay alive like a spineless cockroach. The Jounin’s hand began to flicker in and out of view until it took on a ghostly form that you could see through. His blue swirling eyes brushed across Katane’s pinned form and surveyed something obviously beyond the realm of normal sight. I see you went through all that trouble of replacing what I took out the last time you went off the handle. Tell me did that hurt or were you merely inconvenienced? Hotaka tilted his head to the side and awaited his answer having the clear upper hand in the situation.

Katane just growled back in response. It took a while, sure, but this village has more then an ample supply of replacement parts if ya know where to look and have all the time and resources in the world like I did. The new Mizukage was just so generous when I told him what I did on a full skeleton. It’s all about finding the ones that fit. Katane still laughed in the face of being clearly over powered. Rip anything else outta me and you’ll regret it old man.

Hotaka didn’t enjoy being mocked but he stayed his anger far better then the Jekial did. You indeed do feel no remorse at all do you. Life means nothing to you. The Jounin shook his head and then with one quick motion plunged the ethereal hand into Katane’s chest and began to rummage around inside his body as if to dig for something. Katane lurched forward but was pinned in place and could do nothing more then snarl like an animal backed into a corner. Well since none of these new bones belong to you I guess you won’t mind if I take them back on behalf of the innocent people that they belong to. With a ripping sound, the Jounin’s hand burst out of the Jekial’s body materialized and holding two black human ribs not coated in a foreign substance but seemingly dyed that way.

Katane’s body instantly went about repairing the large gaping wound and the man started huffing from the intense pain and no longer smiling. He looked like an animal about to pounce but that did little to sway Hotaka’s comfortable stance in closely torturing the monster of a man. I never did understand what the black dye was for. Perhaps I’ll ask the Mizukage right before we kill him. Hotaka discarded the pair of ribs over his shoulder and once again plunged an ethereal hand into Katane’s chest.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Hotaka rummaged around for a while but this time when he had obviously collected more of Katane’s bones and started to tug them out, nothing happened and his hand remained stuck in the Jekial’s chest. All at once, Katane’s eyes filled with blood and his pupils dilated wide and an inhuman transformation started to occur. Hotaka tried to move but his body refused to and as he tiled his head down to check his legs the blue glow faded from them and he could fully see the reason behind his entrapment. Drawn in Katane’s blood around the Jounin was a symbol of Jashin. It had been placed there no doubt over the whole while he was carrying on a one sided banter with the man that seemed trapped. It was a clever ruse. A plan too clever to expect from Katane.

A large lupine form of a humanoid tore off the wall in front of Hotaka with such speed that the Jounin barely had time to utter the word Run to his larger comrade before the large animal jaws lowered its jaws over his head and chest and crunched through tissue and bone with little resistance. The monster that had replaced Katane seemed to savor its meal for a small moment as the rest of Hotaka’s body simply collapsed and spilled out over the floor without anything present between the shoulders any longer. The lupine beast then let out a roar like no other as it leveled its gaze and teeth in the direction of the mist man.

Osamu’s eyes grew wide and he vanished back into his mist form and fled out the door. Closely following the gaseous form was the beast and while it was larger then the exit, that fact did little to stop it from moving at full speed and prying the portal into a more accommodating form. Getting out into the mist and finding nothing seemed to piss off the monstrous version of Katane more then anything and it let out another terrorizing roar as it sniffed at the air trying to locate its prey.

The beast dashed off through the mist on all fours at a torrid pace but was met prematurely by the pair of black suited guards. They seemingly saw it first and drew weapons but mid way through their attacks both were already dead. One was caught by a single large clawed hand that more then efficiently reduced him to three pieces while the other was impacted with such for that sent him violently through the air and back first into a tree. Neither of the men did much more then slow down the half humanoid creature but it soon recovered to top speed before exiting the mist and sniffing at the air once more.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Osamu materialized outside of the perimeter of mist huffing for breath. He hid behind a tree; wide eyed and trying to come to grips with what exactly he had witnessed and if it had just really happened. He had no idea Katane was capable of what just occurred but it was clear he couldn’t get caught by the thing the Jekial transformed into and what was worse was the fact he could hear the breathing of the monster coming closer each minute.

It might have had the form and power of something inhuman but at its core this beast was Katane or to be more precise the part of Katane that came out when his blood ran low and the so called “failed” cursed seal came out to play. Regardless, it was actually Katane under the transformation and he was tracking Osamu’s position through scent the entire time and plotting the most violent and gruesome death he could for his old comrade. The Jekial was never one much for following mission mandates when he got angry or irritated but he did have every intention in finishing the mission at least where his old capture team was involved.

The only warning that came for the recovering Osamu was the quick intake of breath that preceded the hulking attack that went through the tree he was leaning against and threatened to take off his head but only managed to dissipate mist as the man changed forms just in time to not die. Katane was caught by the man’s response to the chest and was sent reeling back slightly to his amazement but an equally powerful counterattack again went back through mist. Osamu knew Katane as well as any of the others and was playing to his own strengths despite not fully understanding what he was fighting. Katane may have been a powerful monster but he couldn’t hurt what he couldn’t hit and it was through this same manner that the fight continued on with Osamu landing solid hits on the monster’s face or chest and Katane unable to land anything in response due to the fact his former partner disappeared into the ethereal.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Osamu materialized in a flash a few feet ahead of the monstrous Katane and goaded the feral beast into a headlong charge just as planned. Little stood in the way of Katane’s killing nature in this form, least of all strategy and so he roared again at the sight of his enemy and raced forward. Osamu quickly dissipated into mist yet again and the beast simply plowed into and halfway through a tree. The Jekial monster roared again as it turned around quickly to search for the annoying pest but unfortunately saw nothing. His nose shot into the air and began sniffing furiously for a sign to Osamu’s newest position all the while oblivious to the fact of the light mist surrounding his entire body and the small amounts of the same mist drifting through his nostrils with each attempt to divine the Jounin’s location.

It was this ability to notice the subtle, finer details that Katane traded in return for the devastating power of this released form. He was a beast meant for killing and Osamu knew it as well, making sure to abuse it to devastating effect. The monster may have ignored the initial signs of the attack but after the execution there was little way to. Katane’s chest heaved forward and he gasped for breath. He stumbled off to a tree and collapsed over against it, trying to choke out another roar of discontent but there was no air to empower it and the Jekial’s eyes showed fear for the first time in along while.

Instead of staying stationary, the beast began to thrash and claw at anything in the area and when that proved to be ineffective it began to even tear at its own chest. It wasn’t long before a stream of blood flowed into the swamp and in the waning moment s of life Katane dropped to one knee and aimed his head skyward. It was only a few more seconds until his bestial form tipped and fell motionless onto its side in the muck of the swamp. Mist began to flow again out of his orifices and Osamu once again phased into view. He hunched over and gasped for his own breath but at least he could have comfort in the fact that Katane was dead. His body slowly change back into a humanoid form upon his passing.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ibaku » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:34 am

It was over, just like that. The bleeding remnants of Jekial Kataneri floating motionless in a quiet swamp amidst a scene that had seen untold slaughter and only one man was left standing. Osamu took the time to catch his breath but wasted little more then that before walking over to his felled opponent and standing over him. He didn’t speak, couldn’t speak, but still bowed his head in the sort of reverence one would give an old brother in arms before turning and heading back in the direction of the small shack that hid away all the cause for this fighting. It was over.

Or so it should have been.

Osamu’s steps stopped abruptly before he could exit the water and the mute’s eyes lit up in shock as he came to a sharp realization that it was his entire body that was simply refusing to respond. It was a paralysis unlike anything he had ever felt because even his unique bloodline ability wasn’t responding to his calls. There he stood frozen completely.

I really hate it when I have to try, ya know? The voice was Katane’s scratchy bass and despite Osamu’s inability to turn around to watch the Jekial, he could hear the obvious noises of the man slowly rising to his feet. Katane indeed made little effort to conceal his intentions as anyone who achieved a checkmate would and simply let his techniques run their course. A few sloshing steps later he appeared in front of the large mute with a smile and what was left of his clothing hanging off his body. He folded his hands together and cracked each joint in preparation.

I’d say I was sorry for all this but the truth is I’m not. If ya aren’t strong enough to kill me I gotta kill ya, that is just that way life works. I will say though that this one was personal. Immediately upon finishing speaking Katane’s hand both flashed forward and dug into Osamu’s chest. Crimson shot out in all directions and it only took a few seconds before the large Jounin crumbled into a heap over Katane’s shoulder and arms. The Jekial let out a slight snicker and the swamp water began to stir once more as the blood in it began to flow back into the man. He removed his hands from the two large holes in Osamu’s chest and heaved the man up onto a shoulder before turning and heading back on his own path to the shack.

By the time he arrived, there was a veritable pile slung over the man as he had collected the two felled guards as well. With little time wasted, he laid out all of his casualties on the floor and began stuffing them all into individual body bags and arranging them neatly on the floor. He scribbled a name onto each note card that fit into the front and then pulled out a larger card and sat down at the desk, setting to work on a final note.

~

They killed the scientists before I got here. Sucks I know but I dealt with the problem. My teams is dead and your ass is on it’s own to find the others. This work is getting too damn tiring. Whoever finds this make sure it makes its way to Mizukage-sama.

P.S. You know where to find me and I expect new pieces to replace the ones I lost.

~

A single bloody fingerprint signed the note and when he was finished with his quick scrawling, he tossed it onto the desk top and exited with his two clones in toe. Each carried stacks upon stacks of files in black folders as the trio disappeared into the thick mist outside. The door was left bent and broken, covered in blood and letting the whole world witness the destruction within. Katane’s mission was for bodies – not a clean up.
Ibaku
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways