The Emperor walks his grounds (open)

At the heart of the great Snow Village sits Hyouden Castle, a great fortress chosen to be the Yukikage's fortress. Archeologists discovered its ruins almost by accident while the construction of the new ninja village was already underway. Reconstruction was approved by the Emperor for use by the Yukikage, and now the refurnished building stands as a testament to the marvels of old and new engineering combined in its architecture.Kage: Kuroudo Hyuuga - Kiyoshi

Re: The Emperor walks his grounds (open)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 pm

"No doubt it would be useful for a Yuki Archer to acquire such knowledge, I'd encourage you to pursue any ninja art that is in your capability to learn. There is the new presence of invaders that requires we make the best of ourselves so that we are ready for anything."

Kaki looked back to the Emperor in surprise. Invaders? Yami's ears were perked, his blue eyes focused on Tomoushii-dono.

"Well Kaki I have to finally be the Emperor of Yuki for a brief moment in this conversation. The Archers reforming seems to have been a needed and maybe even late development given the latest intelligence we have on the goals of these invaders. And I can't stress enough how much I don't want to put any unnecessary pressures on you personally during this time of grieving; for both of our sakes. But Yuki needs core leadership that it can count on, field tested and veteran ninjas that can lead our ranks into battle. I need a single person appointed from your group to represent the Archers in my court. I understand that democracy rules in the Archer's organization, so I will not interfere in the politics therein. As emperor however I feel it would be indecisive of me not to recommend your name as candidate. What do you think?"

"Eh?"

Kaki stared blankly at the Emperor for a long moment before he recovered from his shock, swallowing a bit before he spoke. "Um... why me? I'm the newest member. I haven't even been living in Yuki for a year, and a lot of the villagers still see me as a foreigner and not a member of the village... Besides, I'm the Archer of Fire, even my namesake is fire, and both are for good reason. I'm not that good at politics, especially in a place like this... Why not Mizu-chan? She's the most senior member, and she's our strategist. She'd probably be a lot better in politics than I would. And she knows her way around a hell of a lot better than I do."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 pm

"Well Kaki if you want a full explanation, it is exactly because you are the newest member that I thought of you first." Tomo said with a smiling, "The others have established roles, specialties that make them ideal for their craft. You have nominated Mizu-chan; but Mizu being the leader of your troops should have the freedom to move about freely and operate in the best interest of your group. Let me tell you something about politics here in my castle Kaki; no one walks in my castle free. I can not go any where without constant supervision by the highly trained guards of my castle, who report to my security adviser, who in turn is in the payroll of the bureaucrats in the Iron Province. I am the leader of this country sure, but even I am bound when I am here in this castle to the rules and laws of this land."

Tomo paused and let his words echo off the walls of the library before continuing, "Your group can't be bound by those laws, they need to be swift, they need to be able to move without permission in defense of the people of this country. Loyalty is my faith, and duty is the calling of the archers to face the threats looming on our borders as we speak. If the group needs to know about something happening between these walls they need someone who isn't known by the politicians here. Someone that will be able to move outside their understanding. Anyways, like I said, it is something that I want you to consider yourself; and also as Emperor i must ask you to deliver this message to your council for me as a request."

"Remember in everything you do have fun."

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 pm

"Well Kaki if you want a full explanation, it is exactly because you are the newest member that I thought of you first."

Kaki's bewildered expression was not abated by his superior's smile.

"The others have established roles, specialties that make them ideal for their craft. You have nominated Mizu-chan; but Mizu being the leader of your troops should have the freedom to move about freely and operate in the best interest of your group. Let me tell you something about politics here in my castle Kaki; no one walks in my castle free. I can not go any where without constant supervision by the highly trained guards of my castle, who report to my security adviser, who in turn is in the payroll of the bureaucrats in the Iron Province. I am the leader of this country sure, but even I am bound when I am here in this castle to the rules and laws of this land."

Kaki frowned and looked towards the door, half-expecting to see Tomoushii-dono's bodyguards. Why would even the Emperor not be free in his own castle? The genin's brown eyes returned to the man as he resumed speaking.

"Your group can't be bound by those laws, they need to be swift, they need to be able to move without permission in defense of the people of this country. Loyalty is my faith, and duty is the calling of the archers to face the threats looming on our borders as we speak. If the group needs to know about something happening between these walls they need someone who isn't known by the politicians here. Someone that will be able to move outside their understanding. Anyways, like I said, it is something that I want you to consider yourself; and also as Emperor i must ask you to deliver this message to your council for me as a request."

A moment of silence, and Kaki nodded, an uncertain smile on his lips as his inner flame flickered. Would it really be that good to have someone the politicians couldn't understand if that someone couldn't understand them either? "You can count on me to deliver the message... and I'll deliver your recommendation as well." A brief pause, and he grinned, his uncertainty burnt away. "If the others choose me, then I'll do my best to represent the Archers. You can be sure of that, Tomoushii-dono." And then Kaki looked to Yami before looking back to the Emperor. "...are nin-wolves allowed in the political meetings, or is it humans only?"

Yami winced a bit, a grin on his muzzle. He hadn't thought about that...
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 pm

"The elders here don't like animals, though I can't imagine why we should torture our familiars with boredom." The Emperor laughed as he knelt next to the nin-wolf and scratched behind both ears at the same time. "But seriously I wouldn't let anyone trouble you about one ninja wolf when my three oxen roam around here freely. Speaking of which, I think we should pay them a visit; they'll be wondering where I've gone off to."

Tomo lead the way down the hall and some stairs to a large stone patio that lead out to a massive field. The field was covered with green things from all over the world; large fruit bearing plants of all sizes, flowering plants that were all scattered about. Tomo would have plenty of time to give a tour, but for now finding his three companions was his priority, "Fushii! Okishii! Gin! Where are you?"

Fushii was the first one to come trotting up a path followed by the other two who came together.

"Adamu nice to see you've returned from that cave of a room." Fushii came right up and nuzzled Tomo.

"Good to see you old friend. Meet Kaki from the Hofushi Clan, his ninja wolf, um... I'm sorry I have forgotten his name." Tomo said looking at Kaki struggling to remember.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

"The elders here don't like animals, though I can't imagine why we should torture our familiars with boredom."

Yami happily leaned in to Tomoushii-dono's hand as he was scratched behind both ears, his tail wagging.

"But seriously I wouldn't let anyone trouble you about one ninja wolf when my three oxen roam around here freely. Speaking of which, I think we should pay them a visit; they'll be wondering where I've gone off to."

Kaki nodded with a smile and stood along with Yami, the two of them following the Emperor's lead... and, quite suddenly, the two found themselves gazing in awe at the first fully green field they had seen since coming to the Snow Country.

"Fushii! Okishii! Gin! Where are you?"

Yami's ears perked, and Kaki heard the sound shortly after, both turning to look in the direction of the oxen... they were, well... big.

And they spoke the human language pretty fluently.

"Adamu nice to see you've returned from that cave of a room."

"Good to see you old friend. Meet Kaki from the Hofushi Clan, his ninja wolf, um... I'm sorry I have forgotten his name."

"Yamiyo, Yami for short. Nice to meet you." The black nin-wolf grinned happily at the oxen, bright blue eyes quite friendly.

Kaki, meanwhile, bowed slightly in greeting before offering the three a warm smile; it was his first time actually seeing an ox of any sort. "Good to meet you."
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm

"Thanks and sorry my friend," Tomo said rolling his eyes at himself for his incurably horrible memory.

"Well met to both of you," Fushii came closer Yamiyo and looked him over before bowing his head to Kaki.

Gin and Okishii bowed in turn and came closer too.

"Please tell me you didn't come to take us out into the cold Adamu," Gin pleaded with his eyes.

Okishii rolled her eyes and said casually, "Don't mind him Kaki deary, he doesn't like the cold. Me and Fushii can thrive in tundra but Gin has missed being warm for a long time."

Gin rebutted, "I miss a sun that makes things warm, I can't imagine what kind of curse is cast on a land where the sun doesn't melt ice."

Tomo laughed and mounted Fushi saying, "I'd torture Gin by bringing him with us but I only need Fushii, Okishii it is up to you on whether you want to stay here with Gin or come with us."

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:13 pm

"Thanks and sorry my friend."

Yami barked a laugh. "No worries."

"Well met to both of you." And the she-ox came closer to study Yami, who in turn padded a little closer and sniffed at her curiously, his tail wagging, sniffing at the other two once they had approached as well.

Kaki, meanwhile, moved a little closer as well, looking at the three with brown eyes filled with curiousity...

"Please tell me you didn't come to take us out into the cold Adamu."

"Don't mind him Kaki deary, he doesn't like the cold. Me and Fushii can thrive in tundra but Gin has missed being warm for a long time."

"I miss a sun that makes things warm, I can't imagine what kind of curse is cast on a land where the sun doesn't melt ice."

Kaki laughed along with Tomoushii-dono before watching him mount one of the three, the first ox to have spoken.

"I'd torture Gin by bringing him with us but I only need Fushii, Okishii it is up to you on whether you want to stay here with Gin or come with us."

Kaki followed Tomoushii-dono's example and leapt onto his partner's back, the young nin-wolf bending his legs with the added weight before straightening again with ease, tail wagging as Kaki affectionately ruffled the fur on his neck. "So, Tomoushii-dono, just where are we going?"
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 pm

Okishii waited for the answer to Kaki's question before making any decision.

"Well my friend, during times like these I find its best to find company you enjoy. The more the merrier." Tomo smiled, "I think first we'll stop by Nadare to invite the rest of the Hofushi. Then we're going to Port Minato to book ourselves on the first boat to Kumo, I'm not waiting to pay Raika my respects a day."

Gin glowered as he realized that he could see Kumo again, fresh blades of grass on a cool but MUCH warmer sun.

Okishii made no hesitation in saying, "I'm coming with you Adamu deary, there's no way I'd wait here to be summoned for something so important. Gin deary you will just have to stay here alone if the cold bothers you too much."

That remark made Gin's eyes water with confused guilt, at which Tomoushii laughed out loud. "Gin there is no shame in it whatsoever, put that joke out of your mind. We aren't meeting anyone very long and the whole journey will be over snow anyways, though if we meet up with anything that would be warm enough for you I'll be sure to summon you there."

"What do you say Kaki?" Tomo smiled and made ready to give Fushii the signal to move.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 pm

"Well my friend, during times like these I find its best to find company you enjoy. The more the merrier." Tomo smiled, "I think first we'll stop by Nadare to invite the rest of the Hofushi. Then we're going to Port Minato to book ourselves on the first boat to Kumo, I'm not waiting to pay Raika my respects a day."

Ah... the Emperor had misunderstood...

"I'm coming with you Adamu deary, there's no way I'd wait here to be summoned for something so important. Gin deary you will just have to stay here alone if the cold bothers you too much."

"Gin there is no shame in it whatsoever, put that joke out of your mind. We aren't meeting anyone very long and the whole journey will be over snow anyways, though if we meet up with anything that would be warm enough for you I'll be sure to summon you there. What do you say Kaki?"

Kaki's brown eyes rested on his superior as he spoke, "Ah... before we go, Tomoushii-dono, there's something you've misunderstood. I'm the only Hofushi here in this country, just as Raika-dono was the only Hofushi living in Raikou no Kuni... Yamaoku is hidden within the Fire Country, and I don't doubt that all the Hofushi there that wanted to visit her grave did so the day of her funeral or the day after it... I'm probably the only one who hasn't been because of the distance and because I've just learned about it..." He fell silent, looking at the back he rested upon for a moment before nodding and looking towards the Emperor. "Yami and I ready to leave at any time."

The nin-wolf gave a nod in agreement, tail wagging behind him.
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 pm

"Well that's a less difficult trip," Tomo made no apology for his assumption, "Though we must surely go to the ones who sent you to tell me see if they would like to pay respects. Of course that's assuming that we are the only two ninja in Yuki who knew of Raika-chan. No matter; I have business in Nadare with or without any other prospective mourners. Lets go Fushii."

Tomo kicked gently and Fushii went off with a blast of waking wind, he sped through hallways as if they were highways. Papers and loose items followed the Emperor in a messy trail behind him. 'So much for the quiet day' Tomo thought to himself as they speed quickly for Nadare; luckily it wasn't even an hours journey from where they were at the speed of Tomo's oxen. No doubt the ninja wolf could make a better time at such a distance even with Fushii who was exceptional at snow travel.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:51 pm

"Well that's a less difficult trip. Though we must surely go to the ones who sent you to tell me see if they would like to pay respects. Of course that's assuming that we are the only two ninja in Yuki who knew of Raika-chan. No matter; I have business in Nadare with or without any other prospective mourners. Lets go Fushii."

And then, the ox was running with such a speed that the resulting wind would have knocked Kaki off of Yami's back if the teen hadn't been paying attention... "Woah..."

"Uh-huh." Yami stared after the two in amazement for a few moments before he recovered--Kaki leaning down against his partner's back so that his chest brushed against black fur, reaching up to his head to pull his goggles down over his eyes before tightening his legs against Yami's sides--and darted after them, running at top speed to catch up before slowing down a few notches to run a few feet behind them, keeping them from totally occupying the hallway and running down any poor passerby, not to mention keeping Kaki and Yami from being hit by those flying hooves...
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Tomo smiled as they went in haste to the Hidden Avalanche Village, he hadn't been there since inspecting the buildings before it was opened. It interested him to see how the village ran with the people actually in it. He wondered if it would have the same air as his home did in Kumo, he hoped for the best as they continued.

Some way into the journey Tomo asked Kaki a questioned that his own eyes burned to answer themselves, "Kaki, what do you think of Nadare? What is our ninja village like in your eyes?"

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Out into the snow, the tiny ice crystals crunching beneath paws and hooves, the air cold and crisp, trails of warm mist forming with each breath.

Yami kept good time with the ox that carried Tomoushii-dono, moving in a sort of arch once they'd gotten into the open so that he was running side-by-side with the beast of burden, a few feet in between them.

"Kaki, what do you think of Nadare? What is our ninja village like in your eyes?"

Brown eyes shifted to the Emperor from behind goggle lenses as the genin smiled a bit. "Well, I haven't explored enough to get a feel for it yet; I'm usually around the Tower, and it's starting to feel like home... though I haven't really gotten to know anyone but Mizu-chan yet. I haven't been put on duty with the others yet, I've just been going through training."
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:02 am

"I see," Tomo said with a thoughtful tone, he put his head down and began to think about Kaki's words... 'home' 'duty with others' 'just going to training'

"You know Kaki it seems the same way where I am too." the Sage Emperor remarked, "It seems that interaction runs stale between the ninja here, perhaps I am partially to blame for it. But there must be a way for distances to be lost between shinobi in this country."

Fushii and Yami made their way through what seemed like impassable terrain and came to the mountains that seemed to be spit from the snow. The Emperor knew, mostly because he had found and helped rebuild it; that there was a Hidden Ninja Village that was in the middle of the intimidating mountain peaks.

"Well my friends, lets see how Nadare greets us." Tomoushii patted Fushii as they ran into the shadows of the mountains guarding the Hidden Avalanche Village.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:02 am

"You know Kaki it seems the same way where I am too. It seems that interaction runs stale between the ninja here, perhaps I am partially to blame for it. But there must be a way for distances to be lost between shinobi in this country."

Kaki cocked his head to the side at Tomoushii-dono's words, frowning slightly, his eyes flickering in a hint of confusion. Why would it be Tomoushii-dono's fault? The boy shrugged and looked ahead again, brown eyes following the rise of the mountains as he grinned.

"Well my friends, lets see how Nadare greets us."

Into the mountain's shadow, through the pass and into the village gate, and Yami slowed to a walk as Kaki waved in greeting to the guards on duty before heading on through, not noticing the guards' quick bows to the Emperor as he passed by before they straightened and resumed their duties with trained eyes. Yami once again fell into step with Fushii-san as they moved into the streets of the village, the outline of the Sleet Dojo and the Kyudo Guard Tower visible in the village skyline.
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to ::- Hyouden Castle -::