The Emperor walks his grounds (open)

At the heart of the great Snow Village sits Hyouden Castle, a great fortress chosen to be the Yukikage's fortress. Archeologists discovered its ruins almost by accident while the construction of the new ninja village was already underway. Reconstruction was approved by the Emperor for use by the Yukikage, and now the refurnished building stands as a testament to the marvels of old and new engineering combined in its architecture.Kage: Kuroudo Hyuuga - Kiyoshi

Re: The Emperor walks his grounds (open)

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm

"So Kaki," Tomo said with a smile, "I think its time that I talk to the head ninja around here about starting a tradition that I started back in Kumo. Something that guarantees that Yuki will represent something in the world."

Fushii rolled his eyes and thought to himself that Tomo might be gambling with his reputation.

They rolled into the city and came straight to the bottom of the tower. Tomo stepped off of his ox and looked to Kaki, "We'll not be long here, I only need to give this letter to the village postman. The Magistrate will have some funds to move for a bit of a business venture I am pursuing. I plan on using this village to fund it."

Tomo walked into the building leaving his animal familiar with Kaki and Yami.

"Remember in everything you do have fun."

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 pm

"So Kaki. I think its time that I talk to the head ninja around here about starting a tradition that I started back in Kumo. Something that guarantees that Yuki will represent something in the world."

Both human and wolf blinked at the Emperor before looking at each other, neither having any idea what he was talking about... and then they shrugged and let Tomoushii-dono and his familiar take the lead, soon entering the familiar shadow of Kaki's new home--

"We'll not be long here, I only need to give this letter to the village postman. The Magistrate will have some funds to move for a bit of a business venture I am pursuing. I plan on using this village to fund it."

...postman? Where? Kaki looked left, Yami looked right, then both looked the opposite direction. They had no idea where the post office was here, and neither remembered anything about a postman in the Tower... oh well. The Emperor probably knew where he was going... right?

Kaki shrugged, his eyes shifting curiously to the beast of burden resting beside them, the first few flakes of a flurry drifting down to get briefly caught in hair and fur only to quickly melt from body heat. An awkward silence pervaded as the two Yuki-newcomers were at a loss of what to say to their elder... especially when that elder was an ox, something unfamiliar to both genin.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

Fushii felt the tension in the two others as soon as Tomo left, their silence screamed for something to break the ice; so to speak, "So, are you looking forward to going to Kumo?"

Fushii couldn't help but smile, he was an elder-ox of Ushiijaiya's Order; a guardian of Kumo. Now in desolate wastelands he was making small talk about visiting the Hidden Village he was sworn to protect.

The emperor was inside searching and asking for the post master, however having very little luck.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm

"So, are you looking forward to going to Kumo?"

The awkward silence was broken by the ox, and the two genin relaxed. "Sorta... I'd be happier if we weren't going there for... this." Kaki still couldn't bring himself to repeat the situation, and a pang of pain in his heart cooled the usual fire in his eyes...

Yami picked up where his human partner had left off. "It'd be better if we were going for a festival or something like that... It'll be our first time in Kumogakure no Sato, too. We've traveled through Raikou no Kuni a little, but we've never gone to the actual village... Ah, Fushii-sama, does Tomoushii-dono know where he's going?"

Kaki nodded, his brown eyes turning back to the heavy wooden door that was the Kyudo Guard Tower's entrance. "We've been through a lot of the tower, even some of the hidden rooms, during our training, but we've never seen anything like a post office... and, unless one of the guards or the other Archers is the postman--or postwoman--I don't think there's one in there..."
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 am

Fushii shook his head and smiled, "Even if Tomoushii had no clue where he was going in that building, I am sure he wouldn't want assistance. There is a saying that he is always making when he travels someplace new, 'Getting lost is the only way to learn where you're really going.' But when he said 'postman' I believe he was referring to the Magistrate himself, or his secretary, frankly I don't thing he likes either of them much. I don't know, sometimes Tomo's mind is unclear, but I can safely say that he helped design that building so there's little chance of him being totally lost and helpless in there."

Tomo came to the secretary of Nadare's Magistrate, where he was greeted respectfully, making his polite bow and exchanging a few words he handed the secretary the letter and casually announced the new responsibility of the village secretary to build and maintain a post system. Tomo left smiling as the secretary turned a pale shades of different colors on his way to deliver the emperor's message.

Tomo made his way out of the building whistling and with a bounce in his step.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 pm

"If you say so..."

It was interesting to know that the Emperor had helped design the Tower, though.

It was not long before Yami's ears perked and Tomoushii-dono himself exited the Kyudo Guard Tower with a bounce in his step and a cheerful whistle. Both genin and nin-wolf looked to their superior with readiness to get moving once again...

"Where to next, Tomoushii-dono?"

OOC: Couldn't think of anything. XD
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 am

"Well my friend, before we leave is there anything you'd like to do?" Tomo wanted to make sure that they didn't wisk themselves away before taking care of anything here while they could.

Fushii prodded his feet and nestled his muzzle on Tomo's shoulder while being petted.

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Tue May 11, 2010 5:03 pm

A pause from the teen, mentally running over what he had... it would do for the travel. His other belongings were all in his personal quarters within the Guard Tower, but he didn't really need anything other than what he carried... his quiver, his bow... the pouch that held his tags and kunai and other supplies...

"I have everything I need."

Yami nodded in agreement, blue eyes resting on the Emperor. Both were ready to move at a moment's notice; such was the life of a shinobi.
Raika

PostPosted by Tomoushii » Tue May 11, 2010 9:18 pm

"Well then we're off..." Tomo said with a bright smile. "Lets ride as far as the ferries at the Port and then catch the first boat to Kumo.

They did just that, they rode like the wind for hours to the frozen ports in the north of the Imperial Province. They arrived with full bellies, having stopped along the way for a nice warm Soratodai meal. They reached the port and found a boat headed out later that evening, so Tomo looked at Kaki and said, "We have been on the road all day, I think we deserve to treat ourselves to a nice hot bath in the local bath houses, what do you say?"

Tomoushii
Village Moderator
Village Moderator

PostPosted by Raika » Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 am

A long journey. Yami was panting by the end of it, and Kaki slipped off his partner's back, walking beside his lupine friend. They had found a boat, but it wasn't departing soon... at least the food had been good.

"We have been on the road all day, I think we deserve to treat ourselves to a nice hot bath in the local bath houses, what do you say?"

Kaki looked to Yami, watching as the wolf raised his head and nodded with a wag of his tail; he would be perfectly fine outside if the owner didn't want animals in the baths. The teen looked back to the Emperor and nodded with a smile. "That'd be great, Tomoushii-dono."
Raika

Previous

Return to ::- Hyouden Castle -::