Archetypes/Psychology

Links to different translators, or other aids for the site will be posted here. Users can come in this board to create his or her own tutorial for the rest of the site to look at and critique!

Re: Archetypes/Psychology

PostPosted by Takeshi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 pm

V is for Vendetta wrote:. . .we kill the planet we live on. . .

DING. Wrong! Over the course of this planet's life humans are a spec of an annoyance that the planet barely even notices! Global warming, environmental pollution, etc etc, this kills only US. The planet adapts, changes, then stabilizes after we are very much dead. D.E.D. Dead.

Anyway. In regards to every other form of "intelligent" life on the planet we kick ass. We can communicate complex ideas in a single mesh of sounds that form a singular, coherent word that translates into our brains to be comprehended by a MASS group of our species. That's pretty [badword] cool. Chill brah.
Takeshi
SIGMA OMEGA ZAPPA KAI+

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 pm

The internet is a series of tubes.
And humans made those tubes.
Humanity fuc.king rocks.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by V is for Vendetta » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

Takeshi wrote:
V is for Vendetta wrote:. . .we kill the planet we live on. . .

DING. Wrong! Over the course of this planet's life humans are a spec of an annoyance that the planet barely even notices! Global warming, environmental pollution, etc etc, this kills only US. The planet adapts, changes, then stabilizes after we are very much dead. D.E.D. Dead.

Anyway. In regards to every other form of "intelligent" life on the planet we kick ass. We can communicate complex ideas in a single mesh of sounds that form a singular, coherent word that translates into our brains to be comprehended by a MASS group of our species. That's pretty [badword] cool. Chill brah.

I suppose you are right, the plant isn't sentient, I'll rephrase what I said, we kill are killing a environment that is habitable for us too live in. In my post I did mention that we did many wondrous things. And I'll add that we have evolved into beautiful beasts. Our bodies are so intricate and complex so that even now we are still uncovering things about the body.
We have done a lot. But nothing that grants us the name 'Wise Ape' as of yet. Wisdom vs Intelligence. I'm not sure which wins....they are both pretty much the same thing.

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.”

V is for Vendetta

PostPosted by Kaitou » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:57 am

We managed to break the atmosphere and enter into space.
I think we've more than qualified for that term. Either way there has certainly been at least one "wise ape" among the lot taken by whatever standards you are basing this on.

- Don't Be Afraid To Create A World -

- Where You Dream No Little Dream -

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Seishin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:01 am

Here is a food for thought.
Would a "wise" or "intelligent" ape hold a stance so imprudent and addled that even he doesn't understand it?

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper: and every tongue that resisteth thee in judgment, thou shalt condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the Lord, and their justice with me, saith the Lord.
                —Jashin

S O R A T A
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns
This describes determination to succeed, and represents optimism in the face of his dark passengers.

A K A M A T S U
Disturbed - Into the Fire
It represents obsession to be with his sacrificial wife, and eventual pledge to Jashin in his rise to power.
Seishin
The Apex Predator

PostPosted by V is for Vendetta » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:33 am

Kaitou wrote:We managed to break the atmosphere and enter into space.
I think we've more than qualified for that term. Either way there has certainly been at least one "wise ape" among the lot taken by whatever standards you are basing this on.

But what has happened after that? We have clogged the space above Earth with rubbish from our Space Stations, what we did was Intelligent, yes. It proved that we are smart enough too get us beyond the Earth's atmosphere and live for extended periods above the earth. But what about the repercussions of our 'intelligence'? What happens when if we block out the Sun through the amount of rubbish that might going to float above?

Seishin wrote:Here is a food for thought.
Would a "wise" or "intelligent" ape hold a stance so imprudent and addled that even he doesn't understand it?

* Munches on the thought-food* I agree with you, I didn't name us 'Wise Ape' unfortunately so I really can't digest this thought, take it up with God. I'm sure he'll have some answers.

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.”

V is for Vendetta

PostPosted by Seishin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:41 am

Who knows.
Apparently God always ignores my questions though.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper: and every tongue that resisteth thee in judgment, thou shalt condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the Lord, and their justice with me, saith the Lord.
                —Jashin

S O R A T A
This describes determination to succeed, and represents optimism in the face of his dark passengers.

A K A M A T S U
It represents obsession to be with his sacrificial wife, and eventual pledge to Jashin in his rise to power.
Seishin
The Apex Predator

PostPosted by V is for Vendetta » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 am

Seishin wrote:Who knows.
Apparently God always ignores my questions though.

Same, I thought it was just because I don't believe in God, in fact my Spiritual Beliefs are quite strange. But I'm not going too talk about them. <_<

All I can do in this world is make a big as difference as possible.

V is for Vendetta

PostPosted by shuu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

The planet has a surface area of 510,072,000 km2.
You occupy about 0.0011176 km2.

This planet is only one of many in this solar system. This solar system is one of many - we are so infinitesimally small and not worth fretting about for the planet, the world, or the universe at large.

Point being; We are just an mammal with an ego. Have we done spectacular things? Maybe, but just because other animals aren't recorded doing these things, doesn't mean they don't, didn't, can't, won't, or that somewhere else (read: ALIENS) don't/didn't/can't/won't. Whalesongs can rival our language. Fungal spores have been found in space (and the 'spore' model itself seems suited for space travel), other primates use tools. etc etc etc.
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

PostPosted by Shadow » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:09 am

V is for Vendetta wrote:
Kaitou wrote:We managed to break the atmosphere and enter into space.

But what has happened after that? We have clogged the space above Earth with rubbish from our Space Stations, what we did was Intelligent, yes. It proved that we are smart enough too get us beyond the Earth's atmosphere and live for extended periods above the earth. But what about the repercussions of our 'intelligence'? What happens when if we block out the Sun through the amount of rubbish that might going to float above?

Seishin wrote:Here is a food for thought.

* Munches on the thought-food* I agree with you, I didn't name us 'Wise Ape' unfortunately so I really can't digest this thought, take it up with God. I'm sure he'll have some answers.

how we clog infinite space?
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." ~ Sheik
"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart." ~ Sheik
Shadow
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:38 am

Hey, V, just wondering. How old are you?
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Takeshi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:11 am

The point I'm trying to make is BLAH BLAH BLAH, from what we know life is rare, we're cool, we can communicate through energy and intangible data passed through Tubez, we're super cool, etc etc, if you want to study philosophy and/or psychology then study it, don't trivialize what you know very, very little about.
Takeshi
SIGMA OMEGA ZAPPA KAI+

PostPosted by Rai » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:14 pm

A number of things make humanity stand apart from animals, I always find it strange how some seem to so quickly and easily denigrate what we are.

I’m not Christian in the least, and I don’t believe in the bible, but I’ve always liked that saying about “God created man in his own image”. If there is a god, and we were created I believe this would be true. Not in the sense that god has 2 legs, 2 arms and a big white beard, but rather our creativity and that we have the ability to imagine anything and everything to almost without limit, , this would be the part of us created in a god’s image. That power to imagine and the creativity of our minds is what allows us to understand the world around us, and is the first step towards creating without limit in the real world. It’s what allows us to surpass our own limits, and an ability unique to us (at least at this level) on this world. It’s by far our greatest natural ability.

Another thing is our ability to communicate like Takeshi pointed out.

If Imagination and creativity is our greatest natural ability, then By far our ability to freely and creatively communicate, everything from a simple intent or simple emotion to the ability to communicate in detail the most complex of concepts has been mankind’s greatest and most useful tool.

The ability to communicate on its own is anothing thing that makes mankind stand apart from all the other creatures on earth. We communicate through sound, through writing, through art, through math, through imagery. And we keep developing news ways to communicate and constantly make it easier to do so. From speech, to carvings on wood and stone, to books, to the phone, radio, tv and internet.

Communication is what allows us to pass on ideas, philosophies, concepts and knowledge, It’s what allows us to pass on what we can imagine and what we create and understand in our minds, and thus makes it possible to build off of and expand on these thus allowing us to grow and develop like no other species on earth. It makes it possible to pass on what we learn and new ideas. It allows us or makes it possible to find understanding with each other and common ground the world over. It’s at the base of all our social, philosophical and scientific development since man first spoke words, none of those developments would have been possible without the ability to communicate them to others.

It's also one of our most dangerous weapons. it's why tyrants trying to control a population or trying to stop a revolution or revolt always tries to limit peoples freedom of speech, and access to information, the most important thing they try to control and limit is always the peoples ability and freedom to communicate.
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Seishin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Rai is cooler to me now.

But fathom this: how does complex and abstract thought end up arising from inorganic starstuff?

—Jashin

S O R A T A

A K A M A T S U
Seishin
The Apex Predator

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:13 pm

This was just supposed to be a cool link, guys. D:
Tsuneo
Old Man

PreviousNext

Return to The Classroom