Archetypes/Psychology

Links to different translators, or other aids for the site will be posted here. Users can come in this board to create his or her own tutorial for the rest of the site to look at and critique!

Re: Archetypes/Psychology

PostPosted by Physalis |0083| » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Tsuneo wrote:This was just supposed to be a cool link, guys. D:

Teenager ruin things with thier "Thoughts and feelings"

Spoiler:
BECAUSE
I'M HAPPY

Tsuuki wrote:I took the Fluoxetine, not for the wounds but so I won't give a shit when I sneak past the person trapped in the car.

Since Youtube has so deemed it to be a travesty to host this video on it's site. I give you this link to enjoy this beautiful piece of artwork.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82733824/
http://gifsound.com/?gif=replygif.net/i ... CLoZ2Q&s=3
Physalis |0083|
▷0083◁
▷0083◁

PostPosted by Yamamoto » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Uzumaki Naruto wrote:

Damn straight! We try our hardest.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴
Yamamoto
Yamsalot

PostPosted by V is for Vendetta » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Shadow wrote:
V is for Vendetta wrote:
Kaitou wrote:We managed to break the atmosphere and enter into space.
I think we've more than qualified for that term. Either way there has certainly been at least one "wise ape" among the lot taken by whatever standards you are basing this on.

But what has happened after that? We have clogged the space above Earth with rubbish from our Space Stations, what we did was Intelligent, yes. It proved that we are smart enough too get us beyond the Earth's atmosphere and live for extended periods above the earth. But what about the repercussions of our 'intelligence'? What happens when if we block out the Sun through the amount of rubbish that might going to float above?

Seishin wrote:Here is a food for thought.
Would a "wise" or "intelligent" ape hold a stance so imprudent and addled that even he doesn't understand it?

* Munches on the thought-food* I agree with you, I didn't name us 'Wise Ape' unfortunately so I really can't digest this thought, take it up with God. I'm sure he'll have some answers.

how we clog infinite space?

You can't however the Earth does have it's own Gravity, which will keep those pesky bits of stuff in orbit for a while, before some of them fall and burn off in the Atmosphere.
Kiyoshi wrote:Hey, V, just wondering. How old are you?

I'm 13.
Rai wrote:A number of things make humanity stand apart from animals, I always find it strange how some seem to so quickly and easily denigrate what we are.

I’m not Christian in the least, and I don’t believe in the bible, but I’ve always liked that saying about “God created man in his own image”. If there is a god, and we were created I believe this would be true. Not in the sense that god has 2 legs, 2 arms and a big white beard, but rather our creativity and that we have the ability to imagine anything and everything to almost without limit, , this would be the part of us created in a god’s image. That power to imagine and the creativity of our minds is what allows us to understand the world around us, and is the first step towards creating without limit in the real world. It’s what allows us to surpass our own limits, and an ability unique to us (at least at this level) on this world. It’s by far our greatest natural ability.

Another thing is our ability to communicate like Takeshi pointed out.

If Imagination and creativity is our greatest natural ability, then By far our ability to freely and creatively communicate, everything from a simple intent or simple emotion to the ability to communicate in detail the most complex of concepts has been mankind’s greatest and most useful tool.

The ability to communicate on its own is anothing thing that makes mankind stand apart from all the other creatures on earth. We communicate through sound, through writing, through art, through math, through imagery. And we keep developing news ways to communicate and constantly make it easier to do so. From speech, to carvings on wood and stone, to books, to the phone, radio, tv and internet.

Communication is what allows us to pass on ideas, philosophies, concepts and knowledge, It’s what allows us to pass on what we can imagine and what we create and understand in our minds, and thus makes it possible to build off of and expand on these thus allowing us to grow and develop like no other species on earth. It makes it possible to pass on what we learn and new ideas. It allows us or makes it possible to find understanding with each other and common ground the world over. It’s at the base of all our social, philosophical and scientific development since man first spoke words, none of those developments would have been possible without the ability to communicate them to others.

It's also one of our most dangerous weapons. it's why tyrants trying to control a population or trying to stop a revolution or revolt always tries to limit peoples freedom of speech, and access to information, the most important thing they try to control and limit is always the peoples ability and freedom to communicate.

I'm not here too defend humanity. If you want a debate about Pro-Humanity vs Anti-Humanity....I think Pro will win, just from the sheer quantity of milestones that we have achieved.
Now about the aliens. There is bound too be aliens out there. There must be more than one type of Plant that shares ours characteristics; Life bearing characteristics.
Even in our Plant formed in a one-in-a-Million chance, that still doesn't compare too the number of Plants that are out there. The only questions is? Are they already dead? Did they follow the same path as us? Burning fossil fuels until their Atmosphere ran dry? They may have had better Technology than us, but one again. They may have been more 'smart' then 'wise'.
This is good practice for my essays, lets keep it going.
Rai, please don't expect me too post something as bigs as yours, I just woke up and my Mum refuses to give me Coffee.
Seishin wrote:Rai is cooler to me now.

But fathom this: how does complex and abstract thought end up arising from inorganic starstuff?

Where did you think you came from? The building blocks of life, inorganic molecules that combine together too create a organ that sends electrical pulses too the body that it has been given control over. Of course 'control' is a very crude word too use, but in the basic sense it is true. The brain will release hormones into my blood stream in response too words that it has been taught are meaningful. Like when I saw Rai's post, I was filled with a gushing respect and a tinge of envy. ~_~

Yamamoto wrote:
Uzumaki Naruto wrote:

Damn straight! We try our hardest.

It wouldn't be the same if we didn't.

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.”

V is for Vendetta

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Go pontificate elsewhere! D:<
Tsuneo
Old Man

Previous

Return to The Classroom